27 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is the best online broker malaysia?, opinions

views

TSBig_L
post Dec 15 2009, 11:01 PM, updated 15y ago

21 posts

Hi,

Just wondering what you guys think is the best online broker in terms of web technology? I use cimb itrade and ecm libra. I feel ecmlibra's historical data is much more useful as it can be exported to excel.

On the other hand, cimb itrade's charts can go back quite a long ways till 2000 while ecm libra only goes back two years.

Maybe there's another broker you guys can recommend that has both historical data export and goes back further than just two years? nod.gif or share what you like about your broker's online trading platform? rclxms.gif

Thanks.

Big_L
fifa2009
post Dec 16 2009, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

Go for RHB Invest.. good service.
wing13
post Dec 16 2009, 09:40 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(fifa2009 @ Dec 16 2009, 10:17 AM)
Go for RHB Invest.. good service.
Most online brokers in town are using either N2N or Excel Force

Not much difference when it comes to trading platform, features sama saja
Some local online brokers offer add ons such as charting, 360 research (like RHB), technical calls

Look out for ecmmoney or RHBInvest

ecmmoney looks more fore front and its rates is very attractive

SUSMNet
post Dec 16 2009, 10:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

maybank online
changshen
post Dec 16 2009, 10:48 PM

DR PUMPKIN
715 posts

AffinTrade.com by Affin Investment Bank not bad too...using N2N platform
GHz
post Dec 17 2009, 07:42 AM

Regular
1,139 posts

I make a comparison table in my blog here,

Online Broker Comparison Table

Unfortunately, it is yet to complete as I could not find some of the information. Hopefully you guys can comment so that I can complete the table. I believe it will be useful to us. smile.gif

This post has been edited by GHz: Apr 6 2010, 06:08 PM
bernard79
post Dec 17 2009, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

If possible, avoid to use Hong Leong bank, HLE, terrible service and only keen on their commission.
Service quality never improve, customers' portfolio never updated, even got providing wrong info which do not reflect actual unrealised profit.
Write in to complaint and they only know to call you for telling they are upgrading. Waiting for so many months also no news.
Regret to opt for their service. ....
persie
post Dec 17 2009, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

Try to find the broker that allow you to order by yourself not through dealer. very slow.
zaqre
post Dec 17 2009, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(GHz @ Dec 17 2009, 07:42 AM)
I make a comparison table in my blog here,

Online Broker Comparison Table

Unfortunately, it is yet to complete as I could not find some of the information. Hopefully you guys can comment so that I can complete the table. I believe it  will be useful to us. smile.gif
can put the separator line to your table?
hard to read like this sweat.gif

edited:
oh. no separator line in firefox shakehead.gif doh.gif
can read it easily in IE. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by zaqre: Dec 17 2009, 03:41 PM
smartly
post Dec 17 2009, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

SO far i have no problem using HLE.
Quite happy with their service as normally i place orders 1 day before &
check the status on trading day.
Their execution is very fast in the morning session but afternoon session a bit slow.
I usually get my order matched in the morning and most of the time the first order itself which mean my order is placed right infront
but afternoon session i notice my queue is a bit far behind, sometime only get matched after a few transactions done.
Nevertheless, still happy with it.
GHz
post Dec 17 2009, 04:02 PM

Regular
1,139 posts

QUOTE(zaqre @ Dec 17 2009, 03:37 PM)
can put the separator line to your table?
hard to read like this  sweat.gif
edited:
oh. no separator line in firefox  shakehead.gif  doh.gif
can read it easily in IE.  thumbup.gif
Wah, Firefox cannot render that page properly blink.gif . IE & Chrome are good. I am not using Firefox.
SevenTwentyOne
post Dec 17 2009, 04:24 PM

Casual
332 posts

HLebroking is not so bad ~
quite satisfied with the services so far

bernard79
post Dec 17 2009, 07:00 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Do you guys ever charged for T4 transaction interest? I think other banks dont have this, right? According to what they ask is daily interest based on 9% p.a, but the total charges are more than that!! HLE did not even pick up the lots for you, yet they are cheeky enough to charge you. mad.gif .

Sometimes, i still have difficulty to access to HLE via HLB, keep displaying system error! There is even one incident when their system went haywire, imaging you Q for 1.75, but your request is still not match even the latest price at 1.72. You can imaging how good is their service!!! Typical chinapek's company, always thinking of extorting customer with their lousy service!!!!!!promise to upgrade their system, but never deliver as promised.

if you go open HLE account at their branch, you will need to figure alot of things yourself, their staff is not familiar with their own product, keep pushing you here and there.

I am too regret to have many lots of shares in HLE sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif , thinking to transfer or dispose them and then opt to other bank!!!!! maybank ok?
sjz
post Dec 17 2009, 07:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,223 posts

maybank is worst than HLE.
not to say that order was executed slow, around 5-10 mins delay after pre opening, their system always having maintenance too.
jupiter not bad also, i heard from some ecm libra is pretty good too.
but i still stick to Jupiter as i like their mobile trader, only HLE and Jupiter offers this service in Malaysia, i can trade anywhere, just with my hp.. smile.gif
winsun
post Feb 11 2010, 11:42 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(sjz @ Dec 17 2009, 07:57 PM)
not to say that order was executed slow, around 5-10 mins delay after pre opening, their system always having maintenance too.
but i still stick to Jupiter as i like their mobile trader, only HLE and Jupiter offers this service in Malaysia, i can trade anywhere, just with my hp.. smile.gif
Agree. HLE is much better but my recent experience with ecmmoney not too bad, may be they are new
percyteyu
post Feb 12 2010, 12:08 AM

12 posts

BEST is jupiter online if you use cash up front................
winsun
post Feb 17 2010, 04:00 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(percyteyu @ Feb 12 2010, 12:08 AM)
BEST is jupiter online if you use cash up front................
but has to put up cash first, other brokers no need, tagged to remisier, better limit
john123x
post Feb 18 2010, 09:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

QUOTE(sjz @ Dec 17 2009, 07:57 PM)
at least their brokerage is cheap... and maybank share investment centres and backed by malaysia largest bank. it kinda gives you a bit peace of mind, knowing your money is always secure. compare to brokers like ecmlibra.

i admit i heard of them, ONLINE only.
stargate8
post Feb 19 2010, 10:41 AM

Live Long and Prosper
1,222 posts

other forumer said that RHB has stable and better platform more tools, but their comm is higher at 0.7% or rm28(not sure the current rate).

thanks to GHz's comm table for comparison, jupiter has the best rate but is their platform stable? no hiccups and such? is it service friendly and easy transaction? open account hassle free?
GHz
post Feb 19 2010, 12:03 PM

Regular
1,139 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Feb 19 2010, 10:41 AM)
other forumer said that RHB has stable and better platform more tools, but their comm is higher at 0.7% or rm28(not sure the current rate).

thanks to GHz's comm table for comparison, jupiter has the best rate but is their platform stable? no hiccups and such? is it service friendly and easy transaction? open account hassle free?
Great, I need more contribution from LYN forum member here to make the table more complete. It will be more beneficial to us later.

27 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:41 PM