Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

how to invest silver in malaysia

views

CheapSilver
post Jun 1 2010, 06:03 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jun 1 2010, 02:44 PM)
Where can i buy physical silver in KL? Im interested in getting a 1KG bar just for investment purposes. But i want the real deal and not some black market stuff. There are many investment reports suggesting that silver will become the new gold rush in a few years time.
I 'm selling since 2009 at ebay, U can visit my store at http://myworld.ebay.com.my/silvermalaysia
now about 50 x 1 oz bar still available.

Added on June 1, 2010, 6:04 pm
QUOTE(idunnolol @ Jun 1 2010, 04:20 PM)
very interested at the silver coin but they seems to require minimum order of 100 for silver eagle and liberty round
I can sell U at a lower quantities. I have lot of silver philharmonics.
visit my store at http://myworld.ebay.com.my/silvermalaysia
I have lot of buyers in Klang Valley.

This post has been edited by CheapSilver: Jun 1 2010, 06:04 PM
CheapSilver
post Jun 3 2010, 04:30 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(alan60 @ Jun 1 2010, 11:16 PM)
is your silver bar come with any certificate?

so how or where do i sell my silver bar if buy from you?

can i open the seal of the packet?
No certificate, those coin with certificate are very expensive as such U may as well buy gold with that price.
You can test at www.fedmas.com.my an independent assaying body, the cost of testing per sample is RM100.00 + destruction of the sample. Thus it cost easily RM200+ per test. considering petrol and toll. You need to sell a lot then only the testing cost is covered. I have sent some limited sample for testing, so far no problem.

Profit margin for Precious Metal is very low, U can see at UOB only 4% spread, PUblic Gold only 4-6.5% spread.
Question? Who want to cover the testing cost?

so the next thing to buy will be bar with special hallmark such as PAN Am, sunshine, silvertowne etc.
use weighting scale as a first line of defense.

Last time puchong house is very cheap, no body want to buy. If U buy, U cannot sell it off. When the market developed, then puchong house rise like rocket. The same thing goes to silver as well. You wait for the market to develop, U shall pay for the high price later on. If everything is so easy that U can pre-calculate b4 hand then things will not wait for U.

Added on June 3, 2010, 4:40 pmAn 100 oz bar will take up 20 to 25% less space then 100 x 1 oz coin. Thus, investment in bar are for the super rich. From liquidity point of view, it very illiquid. Primarily resale market are factories, minting services company, super rich family who want to buy few tonnes of silver.

Unless it is a pour bar (like perth mint bar), chances of fake or 1/2 fake bar with plumbum (lead) inside the bar is high as one can drill and hollowed inside the bar and fill it up with lead. as lead is heavier than silver.
It happened in engelhard 100 oz bar. I seen the picture somewhere.

QUOTE(myvi5949 @ Jun 2 2010, 05:42 PM)
Dude u dunno how to read previous post?  sweat.gif  sweat.gif

and btw.. its stupid to buy 1kilo block silver. u wont be able to sell it if hyperinflation scenario come. buy the 1 ounce or 10 ounces only.
This post has been edited by CheapSilver: Jun 3 2010, 04:40 PM
CheapSilver
post Jun 4 2010, 12:50 PM

16 posts

sorry for the mistake, a 100 oz bar take up the only 20 - 25% space of 100 x 1 oz coin.
Thus, the space needed to store 100 x 1 oz coin can be used to store 4-5 x 100 oz bar.
Thus, a tremendous saving in storage space by a factor of 4 at least.

QUOTE(CheapSilver @ Jun 3 2010, 04:30 PM)

Added on June 3, 2010, 4:40 pmAn 100 oz bar will take up 20 to 25% less space then 100 x 1 oz coin. Thus, investment in bar are for the super rich. From liquidity point of view, it very illiquid. Primarily resale market are factories, minting services company, super rich family who want to buy few tonnes of silver.

Unless it is a pour bar (like perth mint bar), chances of fake or 1/2 fake bar with plumbum (lead) inside the bar is high as one can drill and hollowed inside the bar and fill it up with lead. as lead is heavier than silver.
It happened in engelhard 100 oz bar. I seen the picture somewhere.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0581sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:22 PM