Electrical Engineer's scope of work

views

Sawamura
post Dec 8 2009, 01:56 PM

Casual
323 posts

QUOTE(kl87 @ Dec 8 2009, 10:08 AM)
yes, i did.

i'm not promoting m&e , while i'm actually not very interested in it . as in the post said, the salary is "too low" and the field is actually dying from what i observed during this 3 months of industrial training .... unless u work in other country , but now .... Dubai is dying too  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif

i open this thread is to write down some electrical job of scope , from ur position, to what u actually do during ur work , which can give some clearer pic to others electrical engineer ... and oso to me .

any one like to share their work , would welcome too , such as sales engineer, project engineer , engineer work in factory ,TNB engineer , all welcome .
I dont think the M&E field is dying. As we all know, in order for a building (any building) to obtain CF, M&E consultant must be on board. smile.gif

Being as an electrical engineer in consultancy (construction) is indeed one of your good option. But one thing, don't narrow your scope to 'e' only. Learn 'm' as well.

I even got a friend who was an electrical consultant before, and now he is working as a project manager in one of the biggest local developer. Thanks to his knowledge in both 'm' & 'e'.

smile.gif
Sawamura
post Dec 8 2009, 02:53 PM

Casual
323 posts

QUOTE(kl87 @ Dec 8 2009, 02:36 PM)
however , i dont think this gone work for some big company, the job will be more specific (my boss tell me one) . maybe ur fren now are "managerial" level ppl , so he maybe leading a team including "e" and "m" , so he will need to know more.
Be careful. This is how your boss keep you in his company smile.gif. I hope I can tell you where I'm working now, but trust me, working in big m&e consultant doesn't mean you have to be specific (in your case 'e')

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:11 PM