Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> POS DAFTAR, How does it work

beblink
post Jun 27 2012, 12:19 AM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

anyone knows how much for parcel postage posdaftar from kl to perak? and how long would it take?
beblink
post Jul 31 2012, 05:27 PM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(billytattertons @ Jul 17 2012, 12:22 AM)
This is how it usually goes for me:
- bring the parcel to counter
- tell them i want to register it
- they'll weigh the parcel and tell you the total price, pay the price
- you stick the stamp and posDaftar sticker after filling it up
- pass the parcel back to the officer
hmm..do you have to wrap the parcel with brown paper? and how much does it usually cost?

This post has been edited by beblink: Jul 31 2012, 05:28 PM
beblink
post Jul 31 2012, 09:50 PM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jul 31 2012, 09:05 PM)
Yes, PosDaftar requires you to wrap it in brown paper and write the sender's address behind too.
The Pos Daftar is RM2.20. If very light, then RM2.20 will be enough, or else need to top up with stamps. Check Pos Malaysia website for more detailed information. Pretty sure there's the link to it somewhere on this thread.
i see, thank you! smile.gif
if you don't mind me asking, are you famiiar with poslaju then?
i am wondering what if i send a small little parcel, could they stick the slip/paper well?
beblink
post Jul 31 2012, 11:50 PM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jul 31 2012, 10:58 PM)
I use Poslaju at least every week. laugh.gif

Yes, even how small also they'll still accept it, no matter what packaging as well. They will provide you the plastic flyer to put in your wrapped item then there's a pocket for the form to go into.
ahhh i see i see. cause last time my bf saw the person in post office KLCC simply wrap the small boxed parcel with the slip and then straight throw to the basket behind.
very rough handling leh sweat.gif
beblink
post Aug 1 2012, 09:21 AM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Aug 1 2012, 12:41 AM)
Yes, do make sure you take the necessary actions to protect your item. It's your responsibility to do so. We cannot trust the courier people, even other courier services also handle the parcels very roughly. Wrap in bubble wrapper and newspaper or even better is put it in a box with lots of foam and stuff if it can break easily.
i see i see..alright thank you again! thumbup.gif notworthy.gif
beblink
post Aug 20 2012, 03:14 PM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

sorry to bump on this thread. But I recently purchased 2 lipbalms which is very lightweight.
And I opted for posdaftar from the seller. The seller told me PosDaftar had changed rates and charged RM 7 for each registered items after she came back from the post office. She recommended me for Poslaju so I need to top up another RM3.

Is it true that pos daftar rates had increased?

beblink
post Sep 3 2012, 10:31 AM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Aug 20 2012, 08:18 PM)
You can check here for more info on Pos Daftar: http://www.pos.com.my/pos/personal/special...pos_daftar.aspx
RM2.20 is included of 20g, anything more than that then you can refer to the general mail postage rates here: http://www.pos.com.my/pos/appl/general_mail_rate.asp
Usually if extra little bit, I'll have to pay total RM2.40 or RM2.60 like that. Best is just let them do the calculation, don't want them to return to sender because of insufficient stamps.
As far as I'm concern, Pos Daftar has not increase their rates recently. The last increase was from RM1.70 to RM2.20 (as seen on Pos Daftar webpage above). This was quite some time ago already.

I don't think that there is any way that Pos Daftar goes up to RM7. Where did she post it from? East Malaysia? Poslaju is only RM5.95 and delivers next working day. RM7 per letter is like private company courier charges already.
she post it from penang. and she said it applies to certain post offices.
would like to ask what time pos malaysia usually delivers. one of my pos daftar parcels failed to deliver to me, does it mean i have to go to post office to collect? I didn't get the notification letter/card though
beblink
post Sep 3 2012, 11:17 AM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 3 2012, 11:03 AM)
I posted some documents via Posdaftar the other day and the rates were the same, no increase. I'm not sure about the 'certain post office' thing, but if you wanna clarify, you can ask your seller to get a black and white letter from that particular post office of this 'increased charges' and call up the post office customer care line for more information. Even so, I don't think there's any way at all that it'll be increased to RM7. That's almost 2.5 times the usual charges.

Posdaftar letters are usually delivered together with your normal letters. They will provide a card if no one is at home to sign it off. Do you have the tracking number? Posdaftar tracking number starts with RD... and ends with ...MY. Please call up the post office to ask where's the parcel and you can go and pick it up from the post office. Posdaftar usually will take around 3-5 working day from Penang to Klang Valley. Within Klang Valley, it's usually 1-3 working days only. If WM to EM, it may take up to 2 weeks. Anything more than that, please call post office to enquire and chase them about it.

Also take into consideration of festive season, posting anything over the festive season has the risk of getting lost in post and it is also one of the reasons why your delivery is delayed.
i do have the tracking number. but it says "dispatched at *post office area*" i was at home the whole day when they deliver it but i didn't see any postman coming around though
beblink
post Sep 3 2012, 11:26 AM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 3 2012, 11:24 AM)
I guess the only thing you can do now is to call them up and reconfirm with them.
Better make sure where is it first before you go all the way to the post office, just to find out that it's not there.
i see...alright smile.gif
what does dispatch means anyway?
beblink
post Sep 3 2012, 12:47 PM

Feeling bleh
894 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 3 2012, 12:38 PM)
Means it's sent to that particular post office already. smile.gif
ohhh okay thanks. just called them and they said i'm supposed to go there and collect doh.gif
all the way there...so far cry.gif
they didn't even deliver it on that day since i was at home the whole time. notification card also dont have shakehead.gif shakehead.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:08 PM