Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What happen if got a "TH" score for Sejarah SPM?

retarded fool
post Nov 25 2009, 01:07 AM

Group: Junior Member

I never attend for Sejarah Paper 2 in SPM examination. So, yeah what will happen huh?
I have to retake in college or retake again in SPM? Since i have been told it is teras.
I assume teras in english means compulsory?

Note: I fail in my BM too. Not SPM BM of course.

Hm, another question here.

If i fail Sejarah + Add maths, will i have to retake or what?
I heard some say yes, some says no. Which is it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ahcheap
post Nov 25 2009, 02:07 AM

TM UniFi/Streamyx Reseller
Group: Senior Member

Well, it depends on wat and whr u r goin to further study after SPM.,Anyway I wonder why u didnt go for the exam.
+Quote Post
monsh
post Nov 25 2009, 04:46 AM

Let's Change The World !

take ur SPM trial result and start private college immediately .

or else u might have to take july paper .
it suk big time .
+Quote Post
johnkor
post Nov 25 2009, 07:54 AM

HONDA CR-Z Tuned BY 無限 | MUGEN

cant retake under circumstance , just use your forcast result before SPM and apply for college. and if you did not attend for the sejarah paper it will say TH .
+Quote Post
junbecks
post Nov 25 2009, 09:13 AM

Getting Started

hello there

i'm a TH-er of the Sejarah exam.
When I entered college (private) I did not enter based on Sejarah results. They wanted to see my maths, english, chemistry basically the science papers la coz I wanted the science stream.
+Quote Post
sameer27
post Nov 25 2009, 10:10 AM

PlanTheFutureForABetterPast

QUOTE(retarded fool @ Nov 25 2009, 01:07 AM)
I never attend for Sejarah Paper 2 in SPM examination. So, yeah what will happen huh?
I have to retake in college or retake again in SPM? Since i have been told it is teras.

Nothing will happen. You attendance is null for that particular paper.

You do not have to retake any SPM subjects if you don't want to. BM included. But if you want the certificate, you got to pass BM - this is compulsory.
Example you are taking 10 subjects, you fail 5 but you pass BM, sure you don't have to repeat all the 5 that u failed
+Quote Post
Shoki
post Nov 25 2009, 10:52 AM

Regular

Check out more details for July paper.
+Quote Post
z21j
post Nov 25 2009, 02:39 PM

Enthusiast

nothing happen. Unless u got TH in BM, or unless u 1 2 enter local u.
Notice that if u attend paper 1 for sejarah, then u r impossible to get "TH", in stead u will get "fail"... cos, they assume u get zero mark in paper 2... somewhat i assume u did score at least 1% in paper 1.
If u intended to get TH, u should not attend for the paper 1 as well... cos SPM unlikely STPM, they just announce the final grade... not announce in such a way of paper 1,2,3
+Quote Post
defectivelasagna
post Nov 25 2009, 02:42 PM

Casual

I heard that you either take both papers or don't hadir at all for both because if you just hadir for one paper you will automatically get a fail on your results, not a TH.
+Quote Post
z21j
post Nov 25 2009, 02:58 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(defectivelasagna @ Nov 25 2009, 02:42 PM)
I heard that you either take both papers or don't hadir at all for both because if you just hadir for one paper you will automatically get a fail on your results, not a TH.
that's right.... Unless u r so clever enough that u take 1 paper also can pass... but i dun think it is possible...
+Quote Post
defectivelasagna
post Nov 25 2009, 03:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(z21j @ Nov 25 2009, 02:58 PM)
that's right.... Unless u r so clever enough that u take 1 paper also can pass... but i dun think it is possible...
Even if your paper 1 is enough to pass, you will still fail because you didnt take paper 2. At least that's what my teacher said.
+Quote Post
z21j
post Nov 25 2009, 03:43 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(defectivelasagna @ Nov 25 2009, 03:02 PM)
Even if your paper 1 is enough to pass, you will still fail because you didnt take paper 2. At least that's what my teacher said.
u have misunderstood ur teacher's meaning. cos, the passing mark for sejarah in real spm will be around 30% or even lower, depends on the overall performance.

the weightage for paper 1 is 40% and paper 2 is 60%
if u can get 35% out of 40% in paper 1... regardless how much is ur paper2, u still pass...

ur teacher meant "paper1 is enough to pass" meaning, ... like 20% out of 40% like that... t4, if u get zero in paper2, overall still 20%... still fail... that's what ur teacher mean...pass....

notice that my meaning is... "clever enough".... or "lucky enough", u get 35%-40%... even u get zero... u still pass....

HOW CAN U FAIL IF u get 35% in hand for paper 1, on the fact the passing marks just 30%?

Added on November 25, 2009, 3:48 pmo... yea... my brother who was in spm2006. Because of certain reasons.. he did not attend for paper 1 sejarah... yet he got 6C (around 50%)... This means his sejarah paper 2-->written alone he got 5x%, becos paper1 got 0%, overall still 5x%. He is good at sejarah 1. If he has taken the paper 1... meaning he can get A1 or 2 ady.

My time, the sejarah passing marks is damn low... my fren never pass in the exams (any trial or mid term) yet he got 7D in SPM... his trial only got 9%....
So, I dun find any reason 1 can fail his sejarah...if the passing mark is 40% then different story la... but...

This post has been edited by z21j: Nov 25 2009, 03:48 PM
+Quote Post
WookieCookie
post Nov 26 2009, 08:46 PM

i dont think sejarah is that important for career lol,but its a good way to see how much u can remember XD
i only said "i dont think sejarah is that important for career" because i dont know any jobs that need u to know about paraparameswara and james www.birch lol
+Quote Post
realz
post Nov 26 2009, 11:15 PM

Getting Started

from what I known,If you interested to work with government or government-related job, they will look at your sejarah
+Quote Post
monochrome1234
post Nov 27 2009, 08:28 AM

The world says they'll never make it, love says they will

QUOTE(z21j @ Nov 25 2009, 03:43 PM)
u have misunderstood ur teacher's meaning. cos, the passing mark for sejarah in real spm will be around 30% or even lower, depends on the overall performance.

the weightage for paper 1 is 40% and paper 2 is 60%
if u can get 35% out of 40% in paper 1... regardless how much is ur paper2, u still pass...

ur teacher meant "paper1 is enough to pass" meaning, ... like 20% out of 40% like that... t4, if u get zero in paper2, overall still 20%... still fail... that's what ur teacher mean...pass....

notice that my meaning is... "clever enough".... or "lucky enough", u get 35%-40%... even u get zero... u still pass....

HOW CAN U FAIL IF u get 35% in hand for paper 1, on the fact the passing marks just 30%?

Added on November 25, 2009, 3:48 pmo... yea... my brother who was in spm2006. Because of certain reasons.. he did not attend for paper 1 sejarah... yet he got 6C (around 50%)... This means his sejarah paper 2-->written alone he got 5x%, becos paper1 got 0%, overall still 5x%. He is good at sejarah 1. If he has taken the paper 1... meaning he can get A1 or 2 ady. 

My time, the sejarah passing marks is damn low... my fren never pass in the exams (any trial or mid term) yet he got 7D in SPM... his trial only got 9%....
So, I dun find any reason 1 can fail his sejarah...if the passing mark is 40% then different story la... but...
Are u sure? I thought that the total marks is (P1+P2)/140 x 100%?
+Quote Post
git0926
post Nov 27 2009, 11:57 AM

Getting Started

i didnt attend my prinsip account. nothing special haha.
+Quote Post
Shoki
post Nov 27 2009, 12:11 PM

Regular

QUOTE(realz @ Nov 26 2009, 11:15 PM)
from what I known,If you interested to work with government or government-related job, they will look  at your sejarah
It depends on what career TS choose.
+Quote Post
C-Note
post Nov 27 2009, 12:25 PM

starry starry night

good in sejarah shows that you have the discipline to sit still and study.
+Quote Post
Shoki
post Nov 27 2009, 12:30 PM

Regular

Yeah. But can memorise and can do work different.
+Quote Post
wayne322
post Nov 27 2009, 11:06 PM

Mein Herz Brennt

LOL...I failed mt Sejarah at spm,but i am studying stpm currently,nothing special...go sit for the exam ba,better than TH since this subject is teras...
+Quote Post
zariqcools
post Nov 28 2009, 03:09 AM

Kerr

july paper is harder ?
+Quote Post
steventan85
post Nov 28 2009, 03:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!

failed in sejarah and add maths mean that u will laugh by the interviewer ...trust me ...

and wtf u failed so many subjects ? shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
crystalfenix
post Nov 28 2009, 12:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zariqcools @ Nov 28 2009, 03:09 AM)
july paper is harder ?
for papers like bm.. ya.. cause i saw before.. my teacher showed me.. others shud b harder also..
+Quote Post
z21j
post Nov 28 2009, 06:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(monochrome1234 @ Nov 27 2009, 08:28 AM)
Are u sure? I thought that the total marks is (P1+P2)/140 x 100%?
some of the schools adopted (P1+P2)/140 x 100% because they dowan like student just concentrate in paper 1 only... meaning if this were to applied, paper2 carry more marks, so u will be more concentrate in paper2...

bt in real spm... they just convert 100marks paper 2 into 60%, add together then it will b final marks. system generated.

Added on November 28, 2009, 6:51 pm
QUOTE(WookieCookie @ Nov 26 2009, 08:46 PM)
i dont think sejarah is that important for career lol,but its a good way to see how much u can remember XD
i only said "i dont think sejarah is that important for career" because i dont know any jobs that need u to know about paraparameswara and james www.birch lol
a source of dicipline. improve ur thinking and "cara penyampaian" skill. improve ur report writing skill. parameswara may not be relevant but this is history... same like the company past performance, u have to know right?... If u dun like sejarah, meaning, u found difficult or lack of interest in finding company's performance and know overall operation running. If u dun like sejarah, how to naik pangkat and gaji? think abt it. private sector gone for u.

Jww birch may not be relevant bt when u go interview for government sector... this may be the question they ask.

Since u cant go for both private and government, d only road for u... self-employed... yet u also nit to search for the past performance in the same industry... everything relate to past... u may nit to know y jww birch beng killed as the others were not killed? derived from here, u notice the way of birch's management is wrong so u wont repeat... jangan melapasi kuasa and dun threathen some1 or what or u will be elimated... a lot to learn and applicable in your work from sejarah.

haha... not attacking any1... bt, anything u learn now when later come into society sure can pakai, just c whether u thought of it and apply.

as to your question i have emphasized, lawyer, ahli arkeologi, kaji purba, sasterawan, sejarahwan, will hv to know parameswara and birch. good luck eveyone. dun memorize, try treat it as story that u like to listen during your past time. sejarah was the most interesting subject in my SPM time.

Added on November 28, 2009, 6:52 pm
QUOTE(C-Note @ Nov 27 2009, 12:25 PM)
good in sejarah shows that you have the discipline to sit still and study.
nothing to elaborate further but support.

Added on November 28, 2009, 6:54 pm
QUOTE(crystalfenix @ Nov 28 2009, 12:01 PM)
for papers like bm.. ya.. cause i saw before.. my teacher showed me.. others shud b harder also..
yes, because u r given so many months to study just 2/3 subjects... for me, it should be harder, bt it come to the standard for failed student in first attempt.

This post has been edited by z21j: Nov 28 2009, 06:54 PM
+Quote Post
Insaniquarium
post Dec 1 2009, 10:09 AM

Group: New Member

The weightage isn't 40% for paper1 and 60% for paper 2. My teacher said it's 50% for each.
+Quote Post
Joey Christensen
post Dec 1 2009, 10:26 AM

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum

QUOTE(retarded fool @ Nov 25 2009, 01:07 AM)

Question 1: You did not attend for your "Sejarah" paper?
Answer 1: A status of "TH" will be stated in your examination slip. ("TH" Tidak Hadir)

Question 2: Teras?
Answer 2: A core subject is not a mandatory subject as per mentioned. ("Teras" Core Subject)

Question 3: SPM core subject was not taken?
Answer 3: Transfer credit is possible during your undertakings in College. However, due to the reason that you did not attend it during the SPM, you just need to sit for your current examination in your college.

Question 4: Definition of "Teras"
Answer 4: Please refer to Answer number 2.

Regards, Joey

This post has been edited by Joey Christensen: Dec 1 2009, 10:28 AM
+Quote Post
fcfreak
post Dec 4 2009, 05:57 PM

Getting Started

as to your question i have emphasized, lawyer, ahli arkeologi, kaji purba, sasterawan, sejarahwan, will hv to know parameswara and birch.  good luck eveyone. dun memorize, try treat it as story that u like to listen during your past time. sejarah was the most interesting subject in my SPM time.

Might be usefull for those who pursue history related career but definately not lawyers, not gonna help much.

As for the TC, get enroll asap if you really need that one subject. If you fail to, just retake it. Anyway, I doubt you will be labeled as "TH" because the marks are supposed to be summed up.

+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0661sec    2.94    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:12 AM