74 Pages « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rucksack, Backpack, Share your bag, price & where to find

views

scoutfai
post Oct 21 2016, 09:24 PM

Casual
433 posts

Now I am looking for a 35L to 45L waterproof dry backpack.

I have several requirements:

1) Real backpack design, not dry bag tube with two narrow shoulder straps. This means there are real backpack shoulder straps.

2) Have a zip pocket at front, if do not have then an elastic bungee cord feature. It is understandable that this compartment will not be as waterproof as main compartment.

3) Left and right pocket for water bottle. Size matters here, I see a lot of design with extremely small side pocket, only good enough for an energy bar.

4) 35L to 45L, 30L also can accept, not smaller than this.

I have been searching online every where and find that in Malaysia two brands are readily available, namely Hypergear and Trendz.

Unfortunately for Hypergear, their nearest waterproof backpack to my requirement is the DryPac Pro Gold 30L. It is selling at RM344, but without side pockets. So I am not so keen on this choice.

Trendz seems to have a lot of options in their Facebook, I particularly like the following three models:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Their price also much more affordable. Unfortunately upon contacting them in Facebook, it is informed that these are all old models and already sold out, no plan for restock.

So that force me to search oversea. I find that this particular product fulfills my requirement completely:

Rockagator

However the total price from USA to Malaysia will become RM520+, I feel too much. The shipping fee really kill it.

Thus I left with the China Taobao website. They have a lot of options, although I didn't come across any that completely fulfill all my requirements but it can be compromised.

Now before I go ahead and buy from Taobao, I wish to check with you guys, do you know anywhere else in Malaysia I can find such waterproof backpack again? If I can purchase it locally I prefer that way.
Or if anyone still has a stock of one of the above three Trendz model I will be happy to deal with you.

This post has been edited by scoutfai: Oct 21 2016, 09:27 PM
gaeria84
post Oct 21 2016, 09:45 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Oct 21 2016, 09:24 PM)

1) Real backpack design, not dry bag tube with two narrow shoulder straps. This means there are real backpack shoulder straps.

2) Have a zip pocket at front, if do not have then an elastic bungee cord feature. It is understandable that this compartment will not be as waterproof as main compartment.

3) Left and right pocket for water bottle. Size matters here, I see a lot of design with extremely small side pocket, only good enough for an energy bar.

I have been searching online every where and find that in Malaysia two brands are readily available, namely Hypergear and Trendz.

Unfortunately for Hypergear, their nearest waterproof backpack to my requirement is the DryPac Pro Gold 30L. It is selling at RM344, but without side pockets. So I am not so keen on this choice.

Trendz seems to have a lot of options in their Facebook, I particularly like the following three models:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Their price also much more affordable. Unfortunately upon contacting them in Facebook, it is informed that these are all old models and already sold out, no plan for restock.

So that force me to search oversea. I find that this particular product fulfills my requirement completely:

Rockagator

However the total price from USA to Malaysia will become RM520+, I feel too much. The shipping fee really kill it.

Thus I left with the China Taobao website. They have a lot of options, although I didn't come across any that completely fulfill all my requirements but it can be compromised.

Now before I go ahead and buy from Taobao, I wish to check with you guys, do you know anywhere else in Malaysia I can find such waterproof backpack again? If I can purchase it locally I prefer that way.
Or if anyone still has a stock of one of the above three Trendz model I will be happy to deal with you.
lol, have you tried looking in 11street?

http://www.11street.my/productdetail/trend...e-black-1236578

ozak
post Oct 21 2016, 09:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Oct 21 2016, 09:24 PM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Rockagator

You can try check at explorer in publika or astria. I do come across some waterproof backpack in there. But not sure what brand.
scoutfai
post Oct 21 2016, 11:16 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Oct 21 2016, 09:45 PM)
lol, have you tried looking in 11street?

http://www.11street.my/productdetail/trend...e-black-1236578
Yes this one when I contacted Trendz in Facebook, this is what they recommended to me also as an replacement option.

I am not keen on this because the side pockets are very small not a real practical water bottle holder, and there is nothing at the front.
This is just a dry bag tube with backpack shoulder straps glue on it. If you look at the rear picture, you can see there is no back support at all. Because it is not a real dry backpack. It is just a dry bag tube with shoulder straps glue on it.

Another two recommended by Trendz are these:

user posted image

Not keen on this also, no side pockets.

30L backpack

This one is probably the next closest thing available now. But it is 30L.

But for the same price I can get 35L design from Taobao, that is why I am not settle on this neither.

I think Trendz now clearing stock. All these are remaining, not so popular backpack. Those popular one, which I listed in my previous post, all sold out. Well, what i think is good other people also feel the same.

This post has been edited by scoutfai: Oct 21 2016, 11:20 PM
scoutfai
post Oct 21 2016, 11:18 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Oct 21 2016, 09:52 PM)
You can try check at explorer in publika or astria. I do come across some waterproof backpack in there. But not sure what brand.
OK thanks. I try check it out ASAP.
scoutfai
post Oct 30 2016, 06:23 PM

Casual
433 posts

Anyone interest on getting this?

Rockagator

Looking to share the shipping fee.

Now got 40% discount for their RG-25 model (any color).

Shipping fee about USD55.

This post has been edited by scoutfai: Oct 30 2016, 06:24 PM
gaeria84
post Oct 30 2016, 09:08 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

This is on my wishlist biggrin.gif

nandayryu
post Dec 1 2016, 01:02 AM

Regular
1,072 posts

Anybody knows where i can find 90/120l duffel bags in kl ?
ozak
post Dec 1 2016, 07:56 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(nandayryu @ Dec 1 2016, 01:02 AM)
Anybody knows where i can find 90/120l duffel bags in kl ?
Those shop selling backpack. Time square, MV, pertama complex, curve etc.

This not bad --> Deuter Cargo Bag.

This post has been edited by ozak: Dec 1 2016, 11:29 AM
fat_miao
post Jan 4 2017, 01:44 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 1 2016, 07:56 AM)
Those shop selling backpack. Time square, MV, pertama complex, curve etc.

This not bad --> Deuter Cargo Bag.
yup Deuter Cargo Bag very nice and lasak ... using one as my spare bag ~
Was gonna use it for my kids carrier transport bag, but lastly jadi my wife souvenir cargo bag ... with the extending extended ... and we were doing 2 adults 1 kids 10 days 1 backpack challenge.

It was South Korea, so it was pack with groceries ... lastly had to use my kid stroller to carry it. Hehe.
My last stop was busan, and we stayed half way to yongdushan ... talking about lightweight travel.
kapalterbang_737
post Jan 16 2017, 01:45 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

Hey guys, would like to ask some suggestion/recommendation regarding hiking/trekking backpack

I'm currently looking for a hiking backpack but not sure which brand to go for. Currently owned a Deuter ACT Trail 20 for day hike but me and my wife gonna do some camping in the coming months thus im looking for a bigger bag. Done some light research online and looks like Osprey Atmos 65 AG had really good reviews and ratings.

I've narrow down to 2 brand, Osprey( Atmos) and Deuter (Aircontact) but not sure which is better

Size:
Me and my wife gonna go camping and we're gonna bring 1 bag only so i'm gonna carry the bag and the bag needs to fit items for 2 person for 3 nights stay in the forest. We might not gonna plan any trip with nights more than 3 since we got kids at home. So should i go for which size? Will 65L fit 2x sleeping bags,tents,cookware,clothes etc? Not gonna bring it on a plane for now...

Durability:
Looks like both is durable

Comfort:
Read that Osprey AntiGravity system is really good, but i have yet to try. Comfort kinda important bcause i broke my left collarbone before thus need something that will be easy on my left shoulder

Price:
Both is around the same price range, but looks like some online seller do selle very cheap, like atmos 65ag for rm680..is it genuine? ( The seller wrote it is)

Any input is very much appreciated, thanks!
ozak
post Jan 16 2017, 02:56 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ Jan 16 2017, 01:45 PM)
Hey guys, would like to ask some suggestion/recommendation regarding hiking/trekking backpack

I'm currently looking for a hiking backpack but not sure which brand to go for. Currently owned a Deuter ACT Trail 20 for day hike but me and my wife gonna do some camping in the coming months thus im looking for a bigger bag. Done some light research online and looks like Osprey Atmos 65 AG had really good reviews and ratings.

I've narrow down to 2 brand, Osprey( Atmos) and Deuter (Aircontact) but not sure which is better

Size:
Me and my wife gonna go camping and we're gonna bring 1 bag only so i'm gonna carry the bag and the bag needs to fit items for 2 person for 3 nights stay in the forest. We might not gonna plan any trip with nights more than 3 since we got kids at home. So should i go for which size? Will 65L fit 2x sleeping bags,tents,cookware,clothes etc? Not gonna bring it on a plane for now...

Durability:
Looks like both is durable

Comfort:
Read that Osprey AntiGravity system is really good, but i have yet to try. Comfort kinda important bcause i broke my left collarbone before thus need something that will be easy on my left shoulder

Price:
Both is around the same price range, but looks like some online seller do selle very cheap, like atmos 65ag for rm680..is it genuine? ( The seller wrote it is)

Any input is very much appreciated, thanks!
Why not share the load with 2 bag? Not necessary for your wife to carry same load as you. But sharing the load can reduce shoulder pain and the danger of your old wound.

Osprey is not bad and it more light than others brand same class. But price is expensive. It worth for longterm.

1 thing you makesure don't overload the bag recommend weight. Or not to max weight. Even it comfort, but overload will not make you comfort. As the shoulder strap and back material not work with heavy load. This is from my experience.
kapalterbang_737
post Jan 16 2017, 06:00 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 16 2017, 02:56 PM)
Why not share the load with 2 bag? Not necessary for your wife to carry same load as you. But sharing the load can reduce shoulder pain and the danger of your old wound.

Osprey is not bad and it more light than others brand same class. But price is expensive. It worth for longterm.

1 thing you makesure don't overload the bag recommend weight. Or not to max weight. Even it comfort, but overload  will not make you comfort. As the shoulder strap and back material not work with heavy load. This is from my experience.
Yeah we might bring together the act trail 20 for backup, maybe some foods to put in there.. what are the recommended volume to buy ya? Is 65l and 20l a bit overkill for both of us?

Anyway quick stop to midvalley to test out Osprey Atmos 65 AG, damn that bag is huge, and i'm on Medium torso size. The quality is nice, i like the removable lid, but tooooo expensive..especially the raincover version is rm1.2k....

Anyway the AG system really comfortable (testes non loaded) especially waist area, really feels like the bag is 'hugging' you
ozak
post Jan 16 2017, 06:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ Jan 16 2017, 06:00 PM)
Yeah we might bring together the act trail 20 for backup, maybe some foods to put in there.. what are the recommended volume to buy ya? Is 65l and 20l a bit overkill for both of us?

Anyway quick stop to midvalley to test out Osprey Atmos 65 AG, damn that bag is huge, and i'm on Medium torso size. The quality is nice, i like the removable lid, but tooooo expensive..especially the raincover version is rm1.2k....

Anyway the AG system really comfortable (testes non loaded) especially waist area, really feels like the bag is 'hugging' you
Ya 65L is big. I have the deuter 65l.

But you don't pack everything in. 65l might give you extra space if you need.

Another range you might consider is 48L - 55L. Enough for 3day camp.

But 20l is abit small. Get the 30l or higher.

Osprey AG type is abit expensive. But it is comfort. I might get 1 in future.
raist86
post Jan 16 2017, 09:39 PM

Regular
1,577 posts

if you guys wanna find good quality branded bags at reasonable price, can check out this place called Bagstra. Bought 2 Crumpler backpacks and a neoprene laptop sleeve from them at quite reasonable price. Also have a Jack Wolfskin backpack when travelling. They also carry the Salomon water pack which is very convenient to use when travelling.

can check out their online shop at www.bagstra.com and their fb is https://www.facebook.com/bagstra/

Their shop is located just behind behind Bandar Puteri Puchong LRT station so it's quite convenient to drop by.
kapalterbang_737
post Jan 17 2017, 11:04 AM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(raist86 @ Jan 16 2017, 09:39 PM)
if you guys wanna find good quality branded bags at reasonable price, can check out this place called Bagstra. Bought 2 Crumpler backpacks and a neoprene laptop sleeve from them at quite reasonable price. Also have a Jack Wolfskin backpack when travelling. They also carry the Salomon water pack which is very convenient to use when travelling.

can check out their online shop at www.bagstra.com and their fb is https://www.facebook.com/bagstra/

Their shop is located just behind behind Bandar Puteri Puchong LRT station so it's quite convenient to drop by.
They used to open booth at Jaya 33 in PJ but now i couldnt seem to find them anymore
Anyway what model Crumpler did you get?
raist86
post Jan 17 2017, 12:50 PM

Regular
1,577 posts

They stil occasionally open stall at jaya33. Follow their fb.

Bought a Jackpack from them. Was on stock clearing hence price quite cheap.
kapalterbang_737
post Jan 18 2017, 03:30 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(raist86 @ Jan 17 2017, 12:50 PM)
They stil occasionally open stall at jaya33. Follow their fb.

Bought a Jackpack from them. Was on stock clearing hence price quite cheap.
Ahh they sell Crumpler EU range right? Imma fan of Crumpler, they do make durable bags

Anyway went to Pertama Complex to Madam Sia, and they are selling Osprey Atmos 65 AG (raincover) for RM1080.. quite good price considering Tearproff is selling RM1257 (almost 20% off)

But the uncle said if want to bring for hiking/camping better take Deuter because it's more durable.. is that so?

he recommend Deuter AirContact 45+10 at RM740... Not really much discount though since UFL sells around that price too after discount (RM755)
ozak
post Jan 18 2017, 04:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ Jan 18 2017, 03:30 PM)
Ahh they sell Crumpler EU range right? Imma fan of Crumpler, they do make durable bags
Anyway went to Pertama Complex to Madam Sia, and they are selling Osprey Atmos 65 AG (raincover) for RM1080.. quite good price considering Tearproff is selling RM1257 (almost 20% off)

But the uncle said if want to bring for hiking/camping better take Deuter because it's more durable.. is that so?

he recommend Deuter AirContact 45+10 at RM740... Not really much discount though since UFL sells around that price too after discount (RM755)
I will take osprey anytime.

Deuter aircontact is comfort. But abit heavy compare osprey same size. I m using wan (50+10)and only use for backpacking. Won't use for hiking/camp.

For quality, I feel osprey is much durable. (from osprey and deuter experience)
raist86
post Jan 18 2017, 05:04 PM

Regular
1,577 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 18 2017, 04:04 PM)
I will take osprey anytime.

Deuter aircontact is comfort. But abit heavy compare osprey same size. I m using wan (50+10)and only use for backpacking. Won't use for hiking/camp.

For quality, I feel osprey is much durable. (from osprey and deuter experience)
I have a Deuter Aircontact 70+10 and i can say it has served me well for my travels and has been quite durable. One problem i have now is how to wash it as it has some metal bracing inside... How do you guys clean the bag ya?

74 Pages « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0577sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:03 AM