Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rucksack, Backpack, Share your bag, price & where to find

views

Zephyr_Mage
post Jun 24 2016, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Validating
5,444 posts

Anyone travels with camera gear? I'm bringing a mirrorless body and 2 other lenses and a flashgun to Japan for 3 weeks in Nov/Dec (some winter clothing).
Was thinking whether it's possible to get the Farpoint 55 and add camera inserts to the daypack. Any ideas?
gaeria84
post Jun 24 2016, 11:19 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Zephyr_Mage @ Jun 24 2016, 09:14 AM)
Anyone travels with camera gear? I'm bringing a mirrorless body and 2 other lenses and a flashgun to Japan for 3 weeks in Nov/Dec (some winter clothing).
Was thinking whether it's possible to get the Farpoint 55 and add camera inserts to the daypack. Any ideas?
I did that with no problems at all.
Zephyr_Mage
post Jun 24 2016, 12:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Validating
5,444 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Jun 24 2016, 11:19 AM)
I did that with no problems at all.
How did you keep your gear in the daypack? What insert did you use?
gaeria84
post Jun 24 2016, 12:29 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Zephyr_Mage @ Jun 24 2016, 12:16 PM)
How did you keep your gear in the daypack? What insert did you use?
Using a deuter daylite as my daypack, then used the old insert from my passport sling
Darkripper
post Jun 27 2016, 03:23 AM

What do you expect?
1,257 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ May 20 2016, 01:36 PM)
Yes I do, jz buy the cheap rm5 ones from daiso, 11street also got a few
Bro, mind sharing what kind of packing cube do you use? Like roughly the size and where you got it.

Gonna get a few for my trip to Taiwan soon.
gaeria84
post Jun 27 2016, 09:12 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Jun 27 2016, 03:23 AM)
Bro, mind sharing what kind of packing cube do you use? Like roughly the size and where you got it.

Gonna get a few for my trip to Taiwan soon.
Last time i used those sorters from daiso, recently upgraded to a slightly better packing cube. No brand one, u can a lot of them in 11st. You can get a set of 6 for like rm30
Darkripper
post Jun 27 2016, 01:29 PM

What do you expect?
1,257 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Jun 27 2016, 09:12 AM)
Last time i used those sorters from daiso, recently upgraded to a slightly better packing cube. No brand one, u can a lot of them in 11st. You can get a set of 6 for like rm30
Mind sharing the rough dimension? Especially the thickness. Don't really knw what kind of size should i opt, please share some insights/experience.

Thank you!
gaeria84
post Jun 27 2016, 02:18 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Jun 27 2016, 01:29 PM)
Mind sharing the rough dimension? Especially the thickness. Don't really knw what kind of size should i opt, please share some insights/experience.

Thank you!
The size of the daiso ones almost A4 size, the one i bought from 11st have different sizes, i jz use the largest one for clothes, the medium sized one for other things
guysmiley
post Jun 28 2016, 01:44 AM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Jun 27 2016, 01:29 PM)

Thank you!
travel organizer
4 bags per set
pm me if interested

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
konbawa
post Jul 6 2016, 04:58 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(Keong @ Aug 25 2008, 08:43 AM)
Hi Felice...

You can expect anything between 30 to 50% cheaper than the prices you'd get in Malaysia. Furthermor, you can get more choices than Malaysia.

Honestly speaking, do not get too caught up with brands. Deuter is good but there are other brands that are good (some even better). Singapore has many brands to offer and most importantly you need to be able to wear and test the fitting of the pack. Not just buy the pack.

Happy bag hunting!
Best regards,
KEONG
http://www.learning-adventures-malaysia.com/
Hi keong, so if im looking for quality travel backpack 55l above ,do u have any suggestion with the brand n the shop for me? Msia or sg

konbawa
post Jul 8 2016, 06:47 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(Keong @ Jun 26 2008, 07:05 AM)
Hi...I would advise you against buying a Deuter brand backpack here in Malaysia. The reason is that the newer models are almost 80% replica in the market. They are NOT fakes but what is called replicas. The difference?
Replicas copies exactly like the original models, even the xippers and materials are the same. Difference is that they cut short on the number of stitches, the internal material like cushioning and lesser quality accesories like buckles. You'd almost never be able to differentiate the replicas from the original ones.
I know this because I deal with a local supplier in KL that distributes these replicas.

My opinion, go for brands that are not DEUTER. I will not suggest any brand coz people may think that I am being biased then. In any case, I do most of my backpack shopping in Singapore.
www.learning-adventures-malaysia.com
Keong I need ur advise. I planning to get a backpack for over a month travel in Brazil. I'm in both sg n msia. My requirements is one that can last long n comfortable while wearing simply becz I used to buy those replica one and they are really uncomfortable when I wear them long time. And also easy got tear.
So I need ur advise in good quality comfort backpack brands n model for over one month backpack. and where best shld i buy them? Pls n tx.

This post has been edited by konbawa: Jul 8 2016, 06:48 PM
dinodog_Jr
post Jul 9 2016, 11:54 PM

I am not a dog
3,813 posts

Hi All,
I have this 38 Litre bagpack ready to handcarry to cabin.

I wonder if the weight is around 10kg instead of the the Max weight limit 7kg.

Can i handcarry something on my hand and make the bagpack becomes 7kg?

Do it right in front of the staff.

thanks.
azrealsoh
post Jul 13 2016, 11:28 AM

21 posts

Hi guys!
I was looking for a carry on size bag with around 35~40l between the range of rm200~350. (For travelling and hiking)
Kinda like the Quechua Forclaz 40 from Decathlon Malaysia's website for Rm189. Is it a good deal?

The Deuter Fox 30/40 seems to be affordable too but it's for kid, have to try dulu.😅
Osprey have good quality but I really cant afford it.😅

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

This post has been edited by azrealsoh: Jul 13 2016, 12:32 PM
scoutfai
post Jul 19 2016, 01:08 PM

Casual
433 posts

Anyone here using or experience with Osprey Xenith 75 before? Mind to share the real user experience, pros and cons of this bag?

user posted image

Looking for a backpack within 50 liter to 80 liter, want to have either front of side opening for easy access to main compartment. And a hydration pack at outside seems very convenient.
So far the Xenith 75 seems fitting all my requirement, other bag like the Deuter Air Contact Pro has its hydration inside the bag, so kind of let down for me.

But the asking price of Osprey Xenith 75 in Osprey Malaysia website is RM1477, which is quite a lot (like RM500 more than the Deuter Air Contact Pro of similar capacity).
Even for a working adult i also feel this is quite an investment.
Hence before dump in so many money I want to make sure this bag works in Malaysia forest.

One thing I really wish to get user feedback is how easy is the side opening in accessing the main compartment. Other bag usually have a nice U-shaped front opening for such purpose, but Osprey Xenith choose the side opening method. I have doubt on the effectiveness.

I think this is an old design by Osprey but still selling. A newer backpack by Osprey is the Atmos but I do not consider it because it has no front or side opening for accessing main compartment. I have suffer from this from my last backpack so I wish to have this feature in my next purchase. Whenever I see my buddy take thing out so easily whereas I have to dig a hole first and fill it back every single time I feel jealous.

The next closest backpack by Osprey in term of features is the Aether series. But so far I am eyeing on Xenith first. Feel better featured.

This post has been edited by scoutfai: Jul 19 2016, 01:13 PM
ozak
post Jul 19 2016, 02:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Jul 19 2016, 01:08 PM)
Anyone here using or experience with Osprey Xenith 75 before? Mind to share the real user experience, pros and cons of this bag?

user posted image

Looking for a backpack within 50 liter to 80 liter, want to have either front of side opening for easy access to main compartment. And a hydration pack at outside seems very convenient.
So far the Xenith 75 seems fitting all my requirement, other bag like the Deuter Air Contact Pro has its hydration inside the bag, so kind of let down for me.

But the asking price of Osprey Xenith 75 in Osprey Malaysia website is RM1477, which is quite a lot (like RM500 more than the Deuter Air Contact Pro of similar capacity).
Even for a working adult i also feel this is quite an investment.
Hence before dump in so many money I want to make sure this bag works in Malaysia forest.

One thing I really wish to get user feedback is how easy is the side opening in accessing the main compartment. Other bag usually have a nice U-shaped front opening for such purpose, but Osprey Xenith choose the side opening method. I have doubt on the effectiveness.

I think this is an old design by Osprey but still selling. A newer backpack by Osprey is the Atmos but I do not consider it because it has no front or side opening for accessing main compartment. I have suffer from this from my last backpack so I wish to have this feature in my next purchase. Whenever I see my buddy take thing out so easily whereas I have to dig a hole first and fill it back every single time I feel jealous.

The next closest backpack by Osprey in term of features is the Aether series. But so far I am eyeing on Xenith first. Feel better featured.
I would choose the Atmos 1st than others.

Atmos have the front zip access to the main compartment. A inner flap separate 2 or unzip it to have whole main.

Atmos have a new design which is more carrying comfort and feel the weightless. This is very important when you carry long hr with heavy load.

Compare the weight, Atmos is the lightest. And Deuter is crazy heavy at 3.1kg. Lighter backpack save you some weight to carry.

For bladder, doesn't matter inside or outside for me. (depend person) I only access the bladder at the end of the day. Cause you fill up enough for a day and doesn't need to access everytime. Putting bladder inside have a advantage for cold country. I use bladder all the time.

But Atmos don't have 75L. Only 65L. That you have to consider.

For price, you can look for cheaper shop. Just search back where to get.
scoutfai
post Jul 19 2016, 03:27 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 19 2016, 02:31 PM)
I would choose the Atmos 1st than others.

Atmos have the front zip access to the main compartment. A inner flap separate 2 or unzip it to have whole main.

Atmos have a new design which is more carrying comfort and feel the weightless. This is very important when you carry long hr with heavy load.

Compare the weight, Atmos is the lightest. And Deuter is crazy heavy at 3.1kg. Lighter backpack save you some weight to carry.

For bladder, doesn't matter inside or outside for me. (depend person) I only access the bladder at the end of the day. Cause you fill up enough for a day and doesn't need to access everytime. Putting bladder inside have a advantage for cold country. I use bladder all the time.

But Atmos don't have 75L. Only 65L. That you have to consider.

For price, you can look for cheaper shop. Just search back where to get.
As far as I know Atmos does not have front or side access to the main compartment.
It does has two front zip pockets but these pockets are not connected to the main compartment. Correct me if I am wrong but this is what I read from their web and also from various review video.
If it has front opening that can access to main compartment I will definitely consider it. The capacity I think I can manage with a smaller volume so is ok.
ozak
post Jul 19 2016, 03:43 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Jul 19 2016, 03:27 PM)
As far as I know Atmos does not have front or side access to the main compartment.
It does has two front zip pockets but these pockets are not connected to the main compartment. Correct me if I am wrong but this is what I read from  their web and also from various review video.
If it has front opening that can access to main compartment I will definitely consider it. The capacity I think I can manage with a smaller volume so is ok.
Maybe I miss understand. The main can be access thru top and bottom. The zip is at the bottom front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66j34Z7vKRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_ih2TKxcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGCUASY5uIw

scoutfai
post Jul 19 2016, 08:22 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 19 2016, 03:43 PM)
Maybe I miss understand. The main can be access thru top and bottom. The zip is at the bottom front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66j34Z7vKRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_ih2TKxcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGCUASY5uIw
Yes confirm it is a pure top loader.

Start watching at 9:38minutes, the reviewer explicitly stated that the bag can only access from the top, which he deems is a weakness.

with that weakness, which I cannot accept, do you have other recommendation, other than the Osprey Xenith series which I stated earlier? I do not mind if it is not Osprey brand, I do not have brand loyalty.
ozak
post Jul 20 2016, 12:05 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(scoutfai @ Jul 19 2016, 08:22 PM)
Yes confirm it is a pure top loader.

Start watching at 9:38minutes, the reviewer explicitly stated that the bag can only access from the top, which he deems is a weakness.

with that weakness, which I cannot accept, do you have other recommendation, other than the Osprey Xenith series which I stated earlier? I do not mind if it is not Osprey brand, I do not have brand loyalty.
1st of all, the model that I show you is atmos 65. Not atmos 50 ag.

Than that review is incorrect. It only said but didn't show you the access front bottom. It is not pure top loader.

I have check 2 review for this atmos 50 ag. It same as atmos 65 which the main compartment can access from the bottom front zip.

Please check another few review and the atmos 65 review.

Another brand you can consider is geogory. I find quite comfort for my back. Fit nicely. But slightly heavy than osprey. You can test it at astria explorer. Look for the fat guy.

Mostly I m using osprey. Most comfort for me. I do have 65L deuter which also can access from the bottom front. But less using. Heavy and not that comfort compare osprey.

scoutfai
post Jul 20 2016, 08:07 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 20 2016, 12:05 AM)
1st of all, the model that I show you is atmos 65. Not atmos 50 ag.

Than that review is incorrect. It only said but didn't show you the access front bottom. It is not pure top loader.

I have check 2 review for this atmos 50 ag. It same as atmos 65 which the main compartment can access from the bottom front zip.

Please check another few review and the atmos 65 review.

Another brand you can consider is geogory. I find quite comfort for my back. Fit nicely. But slightly heavy than osprey. You can test it at astria explorer. Look for the fat guy.

Mostly I m using osprey. Most comfort for me. I do have 65L deuter which also can access from the bottom front. But less using. Heavy and not that comfort compare osprey.
The reviewer did mention that the bottom sleeping bag compartment has a detachable separation.
But my point is not to prove it has or do not have bottom access but to verify it has no front or side opening to access main compartment. Both Atmos 50 and 65 AG have same bottom design.

I usually do not consider (very personal though) the detachable separation at the sleeping bag compartment as an access point to main compartment because usually i pack, as it is designed for, the sleeping bag there with the separation on, so it is inaccessible to main compartment for me. That's why I looking for a front or side opening feature one.

Yes, I just came across the Gregory Baltora yesterday during web searching. It looks very promising compare to the Osprey Xenith.
I am guessing price wise it is as expensive as the Osprey? Deuter is the cheapest here in Malaysia I guess.
BTW where is this astria explorer you mean? couldn't find their website.

You mentioned that you mostly use Osprey, may I know for 50liter or more volume, which Osprey bag you are using?

This post has been edited by scoutfai: Jul 20 2016, 08:19 AM

74 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0493sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 AM