Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
45 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Rucksack, Backpack, Share your bag, price & where to find

What brand u buy?

deuter [ 333 ] ** [60.00%]
karrimor [ 78 ] ** [14.05%]
lowe apline [ 24 ] ** [4.32%]
berghaus [ 15 ] ** [2.70%]
other - please share the brand [ 105 ] ** [18.92%]
Total Votes: 555
Guests cannot vote 
staggerler
post Jun 22 2008, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

as per topic...

planning to get deuter hiking bag..

any recommendation???

QUOTE(whtan @ Nov 20 2009, 09:34 AM)
hmm.. i use to have a deuter. Real small one, futara 22 AC.

However, lately i plan to go for some trip which may take me 1-2weeks time. think to get another one, but then only i find out there is lot of brands out there!! any backpakers here can share some information on the bag and how to choose a correct one?
rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
This post has been edited by stimix: Nov 20 2009, 11:20 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SeLrAhC
post Jun 22 2008, 11:52 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
Group: Senior Member

ermm.. garage selling what... u can try campbell or tearproof...

sungai wang a lot also...
+Quote Post
enjoylife
post Jun 22 2008, 11:53 PM

u can find plenty of models in midvalley jusco rclxms.gif

+Quote Post
staggerler
post Jun 23 2008, 09:04 AM

Getting Started

at those shops can bargain???
+Quote Post
camelian
post Jun 23 2008, 10:39 AM

check it out at Robinson Gardens mid valley. I just bought 1 there. Got 60% off.
+Quote Post
SoulPower
post Jun 23 2008, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

60% today still got? which floor? wanna check it out
+Quote Post
cling
post Jun 23 2008, 07:28 PM

60%? wow...what models did you get?
+Quote Post
evee_luca
post Jun 24 2008, 11:40 AM

Pertama Complex, Kedai Beg Yoon Hin.

Madam Sia is the owner, and she's great at giving advices, and stuff. Just bought my 45+10L ACT Lite last weekend, at rm330 only.

Of course it's original...
+Quote Post
Keong
post Jun 26 2008, 07:05 AM

Group: New Member

Hi...I would advise you against buying a Deuter brand backpack here in Malaysia. The reason is that the newer models are almost 80% replica in the market. They are NOT fakes but what is called replicas. The difference?
Replicas copies exactly like the original models, even the xippers and materials are the same. Difference is that they cut short on the number of stitches, the internal material like cushioning and lesser quality accesories like buckles. You'd almost never be able to differentiate the replicas from the original ones.
I know this because I deal with a local supplier in KL that distributes these replicas.

My opinion, go for brands that are not DEUTER. I will not suggest any brand coz people may think that I am being biased then. In any case, I do most of my backpack shopping in Singapore.

www.learning-adventures-malaysia.com
+Quote Post
evee_luca
post Jun 30 2008, 12:33 PM

@Keong,

But i did my research, deuter bags are purchased directly from Vietnam (the factory), and our sole distributor is UFL.

From UFL, we have many small small direct seller (liek madam sia) who buys from them, and then sell it to us. If like this case, how to know it's not original?

I've bought one from singapore last year, and another one recently from pertama complex. From my observation, it feels the same (weight, quality, and material). But of course i could be blinded by the brand itself.

Any help from pros?
+Quote Post
toki
post Jun 30 2008, 01:33 PM

i've got mine from pertama complex (is a karimor 60L) quite good place for bargaining. call of 20-40% of discounts for a start (different bags have different discount given). friendly shopkeeper and aproachable too.

as for deuter was my first luv at sight. there UFL just begining of this year they have sales going and they have the greatest deal. i am newbie of sort, my ideal rucksak was to get the accesible compartment, some rain or tear proof and last but not least the comfort of feasible carriage with few 10kgs behind my back.

if it wasn't urgent, i'd suggest a search out for deals with quality of course...lol...otherwise pertama complex is a good place to pay visit with. =)

This post has been edited by toki: Jun 30 2008, 01:36 PM
+Quote Post
Keong
post Jun 30 2008, 09:38 PM

QUOTE(evee_luca @ Jun 30 2008, 12:33 PM)
@Keong,

But i did my research, deuter bags are purchased directly from Vietnam (the factory), and our sole distributor is UFL.

From UFL, we have many small small direct seller (liek madam sia) who buys from them, and then sell it to us. If like this case, how to know it's not original?

I've bought one from singapore last year, and another one recently from pertama complex. From my observation, it feels the same (weight, quality, and material). But of course i could be blinded by the brand itself.

Any help from pros?
Hi Eeve...

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that you have done your research. That's very good.

I know at least one of the factory in Vietnam that makes backpack. I even spoke to the owner of the factory before. You see...the factories in Vietnam is finding it hard to survive just depending on companies like Deuter or Karrimor for orders. There are many factories in Vietnam. So...to make ends meet, they have to produce replicas. I know its difficult to see the difference. Its almost 99% same. But the differences lies in the quality of the sticthings, the buckles etc. The buckles may still be Deuter but you can see a lot of imperfection in it.

Then again, I may be wrong. But I can tell you that I am a backpack collector. I have a room full with backpacks. I am starting to slowly sell them now. I buy them new from the internet, buy them from my foreign travelling trips, exchanges, fela markets...you name it. But one thing I will never have in my collection is a fake! A replica is still okay but never a fake.

I am starting a blog on used items, it will later include backpacks as well. My blog at the below link.

http://www.bandel-used-clothing.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
KEONG

+Quote Post
evee_luca
post Jul 1 2008, 12:21 PM

@Keong,

Thanks for the compliment smile.gif

I don't buy fakes as well, as i think that having a high quality backpack that is sure not to fail on you while traveling is very very important.

So, you're basically more knowledgeble that me on backpacks, i should listen to you then, hehe.

I'm looking to add in another backpack in my collection as well, see if we could arrange for something in the future..
+Quote Post
Keong
post Jul 1 2008, 08:40 PM

QUOTE(evee_luca @ Jul 1 2008, 12:21 PM)
@Keong,

Thanks for the compliment smile.gif

I don't buy fakes as well, as i think that having a high quality backpack that is sure not to fail on you while traveling is very very important.

So, you're basically more knowledgeble that me on backpacks, i should listen to you then, hehe.

I'm looking to add in another backpack in my collection as well, see if we could arrange for something in the future..
Hi Evee...

Coolest...now I know I have a kaki smile.gif
I dare not say that I know a lot. Just that its my interest and also it is part of my work. So...in a way you can say that I have to know blush.gif

What pack are you interested in? Brand, design, size, origin?
I may not have the pack you are looking for but I think I can suggest something for you smile.gif

Perhaps I should put up some posts about backpacks on my blog. What do you think?

Keong
http://www.bandel-used-clothing.blogspot.com/
+Quote Post
evee_luca
post Jul 2 2008, 01:23 PM

@Keong,

What pack? well, not much that i know of, but the normal deuter/karrimor packs for traveling / hiking / short trips.

Prefer the uk vintage karrimors, but it's very expensive, and i doubt any veterans would want to sell theirs.

Already have a 30-L, 45+10L, now looking for a 55L one. I'm pretty universal on the design, but no gobi for me, hehe.

Yeahh, i really think you should educate us more on the backpacks at your blog. And maybe post up some of your collections as well..
+Quote Post
pali
post Jul 9 2008, 03:57 AM

Casual

QUOTE(evee_luca @ Jul 2 2008, 01:23 PM)
@Keong,

What pack? well, not much that i know of, but the normal deuter/karrimor packs for traveling / hiking / short trips.

Prefer the uk vintage karrimors, but it's very expensive, and i doubt any veterans would want to sell theirs.

Already have a 30-L, 45+10L, now looking for a 55L one. I'm pretty universal on the design, but no gobi for me, hehe.

Yeahh, i really think you should educate us more on the backpacks at your blog. And maybe post up some of your collections as well..
actually u can still find the karrimor UK in Malaysia,but only the used one.u can try at Gunung online,a forum dedicated to hiking and outdoors sport.one of my fav karrimor is Condor..very hard to find here.if i'm not mistaken,the Condor is used by Malaysian Everest team during their expedition.
if u want the robust and high quality from karrimor,maybe u can try to look for karrimorsf(sf stand for special forces),its made by pri uk.
+Quote Post
noprob
post Jul 11 2008, 09:54 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

there is a shop at time square .. not sure the name , but its near ALook shop

+Quote Post
capoeira
post Aug 2 2008, 02:13 PM

hi..i;m selling Deuter backpack by online...you can refer to my signature below...it is 100% original..
+Quote Post
tennis4life
post Aug 3 2008, 08:44 PM

Getting Started

JUsco in Midvalley selling it for 50% off. cheap bargain. go check it out.!
+Quote Post
jOlv
post Aug 5 2008, 10:40 AM

@Keong

given that your the guru here, do advice me on where i should start out in search for a backpack (im skewed towards a deuter tongue.gif ).

What shops should i go to? Or its better buying off online?

icon_question.gif
+Quote Post

45 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1064sec    0.62    9 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:02 AM