Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Guide] Google Android Paid Apps (UPDATED), - unpinned - paid apps are available now

views

TSshahz
post Mar 5 2010, 03:13 PM

I have more stars than cleave
1,566 posts

That is a feature of Market itself..You can browse either the free stuff or the latest stuff..people like free stuff..and google made it that way for their ease..

If you can see paid apps, then it means you've succeeded..Thats the only difference between with ME and without ME..
Leo the Lion
post Mar 5 2010, 04:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,346 posts

Abit dizzy here. When I wanna buy the application. Only shows country that they support. Means No Malaysia. And input the Malaysia's postcode and state is invalid

Do I need to fake it too? Like choose US country and input US States&postcode?
TSshahz
post Mar 5 2010, 09:23 PM

1,566 posts

YEP smile.gif The address is only for verification only..You can use anyone's address..It is not synced with the credit card address so don't worry about it..
xavier7
post Mar 10 2010, 09:39 AM

On my way
542 posts

this is a bit funny but,

when i use Market Enabler
i can definitely see paid apps if i search for it, or when i launch market, and the main menu/screen would show some paid apps.
but its inconsistent for the Top Paid TAB in the Market.

when i first used Market Enabler, i cant see the Top Paid TAB, just Top Free and Just In.
But after awhile, like few days/week, i can see it lolz.

yesterday, it went back to no Top Paid TAB. but i can still see paid apps if i search.

Edit: this is not a complaint, rather its just a reference to people, in case its their first time using it.

This post has been edited by xavier7: Mar 10 2010, 09:39 AM
TSshahz
post Mar 10 2010, 05:54 PM

1,566 posts

its gone? really? I'll check it later today..
shumaky
post Mar 18 2010, 04:08 AM

PS what.?
2,706 posts

Yeah i also see top fee and just in.. but I also see alot of paid apps.
Managed to find all the paid apps that i wanted.
Looks like its working.
On N1
benny888
post Mar 23 2010, 12:59 PM

Gadget Freak
Group Icon
Elite
27,801 posts

Market Enabler works fine on my Nexus One. So far I have bought 6 apps over 3 days thro it
C-Note
post Mar 28 2010, 11:29 AM

starry starry night
3,037 posts

One question, I thought the reason we root the phone is to get paid apps for free? just like how iPhone works
TSshahz
post Mar 28 2010, 02:48 PM

1,566 posts

C-note..Wrong..Definitely wrong..100% wrong..We don't root for paid apps..Paid apps just happen to be a working solution for root users..That is what iPhone has taught the people so far - jailbreak just for the apps because that is all what iPhone has - APPS!

The things that you can do when you have root is WAY more than this. First, you can partition your SD card so you can install your apps (ANY APPS) on SD card instead of the phone memory. Advantage? Save phone memory..lol..

Second, when you have root access, you can flash custom ROMs which optimizes your phone way beyond what ths stock rom can do. You can tweak the trackball color, you can tweak the CPU, you can do backups, you can even have applications that can save your pone in case something goes wrong (very long explanation which I won't do here), and a lot more.

Welcome to Android family. The place where we customize the phone way beyond than just apps wink.gif

Hope that helps~
zc_squash
post Apr 5 2010, 05:53 PM

Regular
1,149 posts

Not a paid app, but I can't seem to find the latest Google Maps (with navigation) on the Market?

I'm using HTC Legend, Android 2.1.
TSshahz
post Apr 6 2010, 12:33 AM

1,566 posts

Yeah, apparently Google's applications are only visible in paid market (although they are free)
zc_squash
post Apr 6 2010, 12:49 AM

Regular
1,149 posts

Any idea how to get it, shahz?

Now that you mention about 'paid' market I noticed something. All the apps in my Market are free! The Market comes pre-installed in my Legend and it hasn't been rooted yet (not even sure if it is possible at this point of time).

Is there anywhere else I can get it? Thank you wink.gif
aldtan
post Apr 12 2010, 12:22 PM

35 posts

I have a legend as well...does it mean that since the Legend cant be rooted as yet, i cant use market enabler thus i cant get paid apps??....damn....i heard doodle jump is on android market paid apps...
TSshahz
post Apr 12 2010, 02:40 PM

1,566 posts

Yep, you need root for market enabler smile.gif

Don't worry my friend, give it a couple of week more and it will be rooted. Nexus One was rooted before it was even officially launched..lol..So there is no reason why Legend will not be rooted soon smile.gif
aldtan
post Apr 12 2010, 05:27 PM

35 posts

haha...well i guess will have to wait for a tech wiz to come up with the rooting procedure then...=)

on a separate note any just wanted to know whats task managinf applications u guys use....i use adv task killer ans adv task manager but some how my total available memory seems to decrease even tho i close all the visible apps....any soution to this?...whatst he best task mgmt program?
TSshahz
post Apr 12 2010, 11:22 PM

1,566 posts

I personally use "TasKiller" smile.gif
oneeleven
post Apr 14 2010, 08:36 PM

Regular
1,515 posts

QUOTE(shahz @ Apr 12 2010, 11:22 PM)
I personally use "TasKiller" smile.gif
My Milestone seems to work better without TasKiller (and similar). Less annoyance and battery lasts longer. The built in OS manager seems to set aside unused apps automatically.

TSshahz
post Apr 14 2010, 08:55 PM

1,566 posts

Actually, killing tasks is built into Android..TasKiller only "enhances" it..Thing is, Android will not kill background processes for as long as it has enough memory to run the next one..If it goes lower, your app launching will be a little sluggish because Android is killing applications in the background..After a while, it becomes stable..This is one the features of Linux which Android utilizes very well..

So, TasKiller is for you to kill apps and free memory before it runs lower than the treshold..Put a widget in your desktop, ignore all the important applications, and it becomes a very useful tool..
beatlesalbum
post Apr 14 2010, 08:57 PM

Regular
1,711 posts

HTC Malaysia site on facebook, had this guy asking about this topic on how to get paid apps.
Shahz was trying to help him, but he was so rude.. LOL
r47z
post Apr 14 2010, 09:57 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(beatlesalbum @ Apr 14 2010, 08:57 PM)
HTC Malaysia site on facebook, had this guy asking about this topic on how to get paid apps.
Shahz was trying to help him, but he was so rude.. LOL
just read that. tsk tsk.. i no comment bout mr.ig

Added on April 16, 2010, 11:27 ami have a legend with me. so u're saying that the phone needs to be rooted in order to enable paid apps ? is there anyway to do this without rooting the phone ?

This post has been edited by r47z: Apr 16 2010, 11:27 AM

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 PM