Underarms whitening

TSAshleyCo.
post Oct 30 2009, 12:23 AM, updated 15y ago

Wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on where to go for underarms whitenings?

I have dark underarms and would like to deal with it.
If i'm not mistaken, beauty centers has underarms whitening service.

Your feedbacks will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

babytaz
post Nov 7 2009, 12:44 AM

perhaps u can try up the rexona. My fren used it and found that it really effective
pantherseries
post Nov 13 2009, 11:25 PM

151 posts

try to use whitning from nivea
ameliaa
post Nov 14 2009, 04:53 PM

QUOTE(AshleyCo. @ Oct 30 2009, 12:23 AM)
Wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on where to go for underarms whitenings?

You'll continue to have dark underarms if you continue to shave. Once you stopped shaving and opt for waxing, the color will slowly gets back to its natural lighter color.
leesa
post Dec 4 2009, 06:55 PM

196 posts

yeah, heard that plucking and shaving causes dark underarms. or not then how, opt for permanent removal? but there are ppl with fair underarms, so how do they remove the hairs leh?
psl_jeslin
post Dec 6 2009, 10:08 PM

Hi! Try to use whitening scrub to wash and do massage. It effetive oh!
apple91
post Dec 7 2009, 02:45 PM

i use nivea whitening deo, good wor=)
melLT
post Dec 7 2009, 04:31 PM

i use body scrub to scrub the under arm and it seem like working on me.
leyley
post Dec 7 2009, 06:33 PM

2,096 posts

I suggest you try going to the spa for first time. Then only try to do it on your own.
LeyyaHanna
post Dec 11 2009, 04:12 PM

Why don't you try to used the salt based body scrubs.... or maybe.. Nivea whitening night deodorant..

Taking the Tationil Gluta with vita c +collagen jab also cam reduce the darken skin at your underarms, neck etc..
shazz79
post May 24 2011, 03:19 PM

hi there.. mayb you shud try taking tathion 500.. it works wonder on me.. i can see the result slowly it will lighten.. not only tht, it will give better & healty skin.. works for all over body..

interested to purchase, contact me smile.gif
peppermintnao
post May 26 2011, 10:15 AM

other than jabs, whitening deodorants and taking tablets...are there any other way? Like TS mentioned...beauty centres?
CyaNide27
post May 26 2011, 10:33 AM

83 posts

i personally use the tweeze method but at same time i use nivea whitening deo, so far i dun have dark underarms prob....
you can always try out beauty centres, but from what i read in another thread, beauty centres are money minded and the staff there hard sell like mad.... tongue.gif
peppermintnao
post May 26 2011, 12:09 PM

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ May 26 2011, 10:33 AM)
i personally use the tweeze method but at same time i use nivea whitening deo, so far i dun have dark underarms prob....
you can always try out beauty centres, but from what i read in another thread, beauty centres are money minded and the staff there hard sell like mad.... tongue.gif
yea, i tweeze too...but i already have dark underarms problem because i've been using deodorant for many years.
some ppl say deodorant gives u dark underarms...

i went to one beauty centre for the whitening treatment once. they spread a cream, and u wait like 20mins. there is an itching feel. i see some whitening effect aftr dat. but it is so expensive. RM100++ for one time...cant afford it. i'm sure if we can get dat cream and DIY ourselves, den it wont cost dat much

haha...yea, beauty centre staff alwez hard sell. dat's anothr reason y i dun like to go.. sweat.gif

wInnIe PoOh
post May 27 2011, 04:17 PM

61 posts

I'm a big fan for Nivea's whitening deodorant, it's nice and it's effective and cheap too!
t_bebe
post Jun 16 2011, 04:57 PM

QUOTE(AshleyCo. @ Oct 30 2009, 12:23 AM)

i think it's best to permanently remove all the hair first then only u do laser treatment to whiten the area. I heard Skin Club can do it.. maybe u can call them and consult first smile.gif
snowdrop89
post Jun 16 2011, 05:16 PM

126 posts

-unrelated note-

does anyone have sensitive underarm skin? every time i use deodorant it has a burning sensation.
peppermintnao
post Jun 16 2011, 08:18 PM

have u tried changing brands?
yufa
post Jun 16 2011, 08:31 PM

71 posts

nivea is good for any skin..anyway,wat brand u using??
snowdrop89
post Jun 17 2011, 12:23 AM

126 posts

QUOTE(peppermintnao @ Jun 16 2011, 08:18 PM)
have u tried changing brands?
QUOTE(yufa @ Jun 16 2011, 08:31 PM)
nivea is good for any skin..anyway,wat brand u using??
I started with nivea roll ons, but it got really sticky as soon as I applied, so I changed to spray types.

For spray types I've tried rexona teens (the shiny blue colored ones), adidas, n Nike.

Left underarm skin is fine, just the right underarm skin hurts once* d spray comes into contact with the skin. sad.gif

This post has been edited by snowdrop89: Jun 17 2011, 12:24 AM
Jiamin19
post Jun 17 2011, 11:18 AM

Validating

QUOTE(ameliaa @ Nov 14 2009, 04:53 PM)
You'll continue to have dark underarms if you continue to shave. Once you stopped shaving and opt for waxing, the color will slowly gets back to its natural lighter color.
Does waxing totally clear the hair underarms? I'm currently using the cream and it doesn't work very well. sad.gif

QUOTE(leesa @ Dec 4 2009, 06:55 PM)
yeah, heard that plucking and shaving causes dark underarms. or not then how, opt for permanent removal? but there are ppl with fair underarms, so how do they remove the hairs leh?
There are people who naturally never have underarms hair. I have a friend like that too.
yufa
post Jun 17 2011, 02:27 PM

71 posts

QUOTE(snowdrop89 @ Jun 17 2011, 12:23 AM)
I started with nivea roll ons, but it got really sticky as soon as I applied, so I changed to spray types.

For spray types I've tried rexona teens (the shiny blue colored ones), adidas, n Nike.

Left underarm skin is fine, just the right underarm skin hurts once* d spray comes into contact with the skin. sad.gif
u got allergic??or skin problem..??
ur right underarm,u got hurt or got any luka-small wound-??
i also use nivea spray type..like it ..happy.gif
snowdrop89
post Jun 17 2011, 08:24 PM

126 posts

QUOTE(yufa @ Jun 17 2011, 02:27 PM)
u got allergic??or skin problem..??
ur right underarm,u got hurt or got any luka-small wound-??
i also use nivea spray type..like it ..happy.gif
Probably allergy o something I guess, no wounds/cuts. anyone else like this?
Jiamin19
post Jun 17 2011, 08:33 PM

Validating

QUOTE(snowdrop89 @ Jun 17 2011, 08:24 PM)
I'm currently using Veet hair removal, the cream one, and I always have some burning feel in my underarms. I'm going to try the wax one I guess.
peppermintnao
post Jun 17 2011, 09:19 PM

if u dont have very strong body odour, u can try Dr. Mist (can get from Watson's)

for me, normally only will hv stinging sensation when there's a cut.

seems like u only "sting" using the spray type? maybe u shld revert back to the roll-on type hmm.gif

Added on June 17, 2011, 9:22 pm
QUOTE(Sheldon @ Jun 17 2011, 10:39 AM)
why does shaving darkened ur armpit ? enlighten me please
u may try the search function. i believe there is another thread on that..

This post has been edited by peppermintnao: Jun 17 2011, 09:22 PM
yufa
post Jun 18 2011, 03:37 PM

71 posts

QUOTE(Jiamin19 @ Jun 17 2011, 08:33 PM)
I'm currently using Veet hair removal, the cream one, and I always have some burning feel in my underarms. I'm going to try the wax one I guess.
yeah??i thought of using Veet..
u using the Veet for sensitive skin???

Added on June 18, 2011, 3:40 pm
but i also felt it few years back..but when i change to nivea,no more burning..
mayb u got allergic with tat product u using..

This post has been edited by yufa: Jun 18 2011, 03:40 PM
snowdrop89
post Jun 18 2011, 09:12 PM

126 posts

QUOTE(peppermintnao @ Jun 17 2011, 09:19 PM)
if u dont have very strong body odour, u can try Dr. Mist (can get from Watson's)

for me, normally only will hv stinging sensation when there's a cut.

seems like u only "sting" using the spray type? maybe u shld revert back to the roll-on type  hmm.gif
QUOTE(yufa @ Jun 18 2011, 03:37 PM)
but i also felt it few years back..but when i change to nivea,no more burning..
mayb u got allergic with tat product u using..
oic. Ok will give it a shot, thanks for d advice girls!
RegFeretti
post Aug 22 2011, 03:02 PM

A friend of mine used to have dark underarms as well. If I'm not mistaken it was because of the deodorant that she was using and her frequent shaving. Her mom noticed this and she (her mom) advised her to apply lemon juice and honey in her armpits before taking a bath. Her mom also purchased a topical treatment called Whiterderm that she applied everyday in her underarms. I think it worked well for her because she can now wear sleeveless tops.
sab2106
post Aug 26 2011, 11:14 AM

44 posts

dark underarms might be cause by excessive plucking / shaving. i think the best way is permanent hair removal, fyi im talking from my personal experience.

It may be expensive but i find it a good investment. at least my problem is solve for a few years.

They told me my hair will be finer and yes they are. I am extremely happy with the results smile.gif
Berrylicious
post Sep 6 2011, 04:06 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(sab2106 @ Aug 26 2011, 11:14 AM)
dark underarms might be cause by excessive plucking / shaving. i think the best way is permanent hair removal, fyi im talking from my personal experience.

It may be expensive but i find it a good investment. at least my problem is solve for a few years.

They told me my hair will be finer and yes they are. I am extremely happy with the results smile.gif
May i know what do u go to get the "permanent hair removal" and how much does it cost? Is it a one time thing or u hv to go back after a period?
ahchak
post Sep 7 2011, 01:32 AM

Well...
558 posts

QUOTE(RegFeretti @ Aug 22 2011, 03:02 PM)
A friend of mine used to have dark underarms as well. If I'm not mistaken it was because of the deodorant that she was using and her frequent shaving. Her mom noticed this and she (her mom) advised her to apply lemon juice and honey in her armpits before taking a bath. Her mom also purchased a topical treatment called Whiterderm that she applied everyday in her underarms. I think it worked well for her because she can now wear sleeveless tops.
lemon mix with honey? and what is that topical treatment thingy?
sab2106
post Sep 7 2011, 09:49 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(Berrylicious @ Sep 6 2011, 04:06 PM)
May i know what do u go to get the "permanent hair removal" and how much does it cost? Is it a one time thing or u hv to go back after a period?
It's a one time thing. You can get it at skin centers by doctors, their machines are better than the ones in saloons, maybe you can try calling dr slyia, I've been with them for quite awhile now. can check out http://www.skinhealth.com.my/ for more info
Bonjour Glow
post Sep 7 2011, 11:29 AM

If you use deodorant be sure to clean and scrap all of it off when you bathe. A daily swabbing of lemon juice and switching to an epilator would do wonders but will take a month or two ^^ GL!
Arcanum
post Sep 9 2011, 12:03 AM

107 posts

I go for IPL (10 treatments over 12 months) so not really having any darkening problem but in the package they included 2 x whitening sessions also. Didn't notice much difference at all but maybe 2 sessions is not enough or I don't have much problem anymore in the first place since the darkening was caused by hair from shaving.
fionafan79
post Sep 9 2011, 12:54 PM

44 posts

Nivea used to have this product called "Nivea Deodorant Extra Whitening Night Cream" which was probably the best underarm lightening cream I've ever used. Not only does it lighten my underarms, it also removes BO effectively. Unfortunately, the product has now been discontinued since the use of deodorant creams is still not widely accepted by consumers yet (I wrote to Nivea to inquire, and that's the reply they gave me).

Now, I'm trying out "Fair & Lovely" facial wash to wash my underarms. My sister has used this for sometime, and according to her, it's pretty effective.. so now I'm testing it out myself.
ahchak
post Sep 11 2011, 03:56 AM

Well...
558 posts

QUOTE(Bonjour Glow @ Sep 7 2011, 11:29 AM)
If you use deodorant be sure to clean and scrap all of it off when you bathe. A daily swabbing of lemon juice and switching to an epilator would do wonders but will take a month or two ^^ GL!
everytime i use deodorant, i will try to scrub clean it. but what should i use to 'scrub'?

QUOTE(fionafan79 @ Sep 9 2011, 12:54 PM)
Nivea used to have this product called "Nivea Deodorant Extra Whitening Night Cream" which was probably the best underarm lightening cream I've ever used. Not only does it lighten my underarms, it also removes BO effectively. Unfortunately, the product has now been discontinued since the use of deodorant creams is still not widely accepted by consumers yet (I wrote to Nivea to inquire, and that's the reply they gave me).

Now, I'm trying out "Fair & Lovely" facial wash to wash my underarms.  My sister has used this for sometime, and according to her, it's pretty effective.. so now I'm testing it out myself.
hey, i tried that before. but, just throw away it few months ago because i find it not effective. maybe i didnt use it regularly..
twopinkcheeks
post Sep 11 2011, 10:30 PM

There's this lightening gel selling at this wax boutique. Can be used for underarms. Not sure about the price. You can call up the salon number. its (03) 7880 5588. hope this helps...
cassiecat
post Nov 14 2011, 09:52 PM

ive heard rubbing lemon on your skin helps, because it lightens the epidermis layer.

Not sure though...
lynbabysusu
post Nov 15 2011, 06:42 PM

I hv dark underarms too and went searching on d net for home treatment. Found a few method,some pretty ma fan so i tried d easiest,scrub & exfoliate. I had some expired st ives apricot scrub dt i found too rough 4 my face,so i started using it for underarms daily. This is a slow but cheap process,i only see improvement after few weeks,but it does help. I already did this for 2 months,it's definitely helping,but again,slow. It's cheap,i only finished about 3/4 bott after so long. Oh ya,i still shave.

This is also recommended if u use deoderent too coz even if it has whitening pigments,it still contain chemicals,best to wash it all off when u bathe. Sometimes washing with soap not enough(learnt fr somewhr,coz i dun use deodarent)
FyQaKamarolZaman
post Nov 27 2011, 07:05 PM

26 posts

well, there is alot indian saloon that provide whitening or bleaching treatment. i wen there with my friends and one of my friend did that treatment. it cost aroynd rm 20-45 depends n the saloon. spread a cream, wait for a while and amazingly it works. but not so complete white but it is a bit light compare to previous color tone. maybe u can try it.
asha24
post Nov 28 2011, 11:31 AM

62 posts

QUOTE(sab2106 @ Sep 7 2011, 09:49 AM)
It's a one time thing. You can get it at skin centers by doctors, their machines are better than the ones in saloons, maybe you can try calling dr slyia, I've been with them for quite awhile now. can check out http://www.skinhealth.com.my/ for more info
just called them up for appointment...thanks for the info... smile.gif
Natashaliew
post Apr 3 2016, 05:24 PM

Hi. I've been suffering from underarm darkening for 5 years. I've tried all the so called underarm whitening treatments which are mainly bleaching. It never worked. I've also been to dermatology and it never worked. Then a lady introduced me to Royal Expert White. It's mainly used on face whitening. But I also applied it on my underarm. N it's very fair now. Even my face is glowing and pinkish. No allergy. Made of natural ingredients. Damn good. You can try it too.

MiLKTea
post Apr 4 2016, 11:44 AM

942 posts

can also try shiro waki hime...it's a whitening product from japan target specially for armpits smile.gif

0.0245sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:52 PM