Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ocbc Housing Loan, Good ?

views

abyss8
post Oct 28 2009, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(walle @ Oct 28 2009, 05:28 PM)
Nope, for this case, the developer actually bear the legal fees n stamp duty for the loan agreement but must use back their panel lawyer, so since the lawyer also the panel for scb, therefore it can be work out.
if it's like that, then it's true.
mchlkeys
post Oct 29 2009, 09:46 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(Raub @ Oct 27 2009, 11:13 AM)
Ocbc housing loan
1 - 5  BLR - 1.70
6 - 30 BLR - 2.40

MRTA , Semi Flexi , NO NEED RM10 MONTHLY MAINTAINANCE FEE ...

Any borrower can give some suggestion ?
OCBC got another house loan ,incl MRTA .not follow BLR .
follow bank other rate . i just know total rate is 3.15% , also up n down follow market value.
u want more unfo u better go to OCBC is best icon_rolleyes.gif
TSRaub
post Oct 29 2009, 10:02 AM

On my way
611 posts

QUOTE(mchlkeys @ Oct 29 2009, 09:46 AM)
OCBC got another house loan ,incl MRTA .not follow BLR .
follow bank other rate . i just know total rate is 3.15% , also up n down follow market value.
u want more unfo u better go to OCBC is best icon_rolleyes.gif
MLR - 1.30 ...this package have to pay legal fees ...not so confident to take the risk...better take blr package
imax80
post Dec 31 2009, 04:00 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

anybody know about the OCBC Graduate home loan package?
jimlim007
post Jan 1 2010, 03:58 PM

Enoch
4,073 posts

what is MRTA? i will buy house soon, a used house, think to get loan for 160k, which bank give the best offer? need to take fix rate or flexi ?

This post has been edited by jimlim007: Jan 1 2010, 04:00 PM
imax80
post Jan 4 2010, 02:14 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(jimlim007 @ Jan 1 2010, 03:58 PM)
what is MRTA? i will buy house soon, a used house, think to get loan for 160k, which bank give the best offer? need to take fix rate or flexi ?
I suggest take house loan seperately with insurance i.e MLTA with cash value at the end of payment tenure to save interest. Normally MRTA will be included in the home loan which will add the interest.

BTW, OCBC house loan is actually semi-flexi, daily rest. Everytime to dump huge money need to inform banker to put the money either in Advance account(cannot withdraw) or Capital account(withdrawable). Advance account work just like standing instruction will deduct automically the next installment period. Capital account can dump minumum RM1000K, but the minimum amount withdrawable is RM5000, every withdrawal transaction will be charged RM10, and we need to fill form to do the withdrawal. Sound troublesome compare to fully-flexi isn't.
Greenyz
post Jan 5 2010, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

I have taken my home loan with OCBC ..during that time have extensively compared with some other banks CIMB,Maybank,ALliance,RHB,OUB,EON,Hong Leong and Public.Notice similar best rate for OCBC(Semi flexi) and CIMB(flexi) ,BLR -2% for ZMC for 1st 5 years, there after BLR-2.4% .Taken OCBC for refinancing and CIMB for new house .But I am lucky coz got a superb agent with OCBC ...the CIMB that I enganged is "duh" type of person ...but alas not much issue as it was financing new house.
So in conclusion for loan probably CIMB is best cos its FULLY FLEXI..but go around and ask few bankers ..its worth to save every penny that you earn
Any1 interest in getting OCBC loan can PM me ...i can recommend her..she's good and efficient .

p/s: I have no commission/relation to her ..just helping out good banker and fellow forumers.

This post has been edited by Greenyz: Jan 5 2010, 02:25 PM
futago
post Jan 5 2010, 06:19 PM

35 posts

I also took OCBC HL, the additional payment you made must state clearly either it's advance payment (non-withdrawable) or capital repayment (redrawable) as mentioned by imax80. But both also will deduct the principal amount from interest calculation.

The inconvenience is the prepayment must be done at the bank or through cheque deposit. Now i am starting to feel full-flexi is much more convenient where i can just put all my money in one account, provided you are very clear how much you are spending to make sure you have enough in the account.
smsam2
post May 9 2011, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(Greenyz @ Jan 5 2010, 02:22 PM)
I have taken my home loan with OCBC ..during that time have extensively compared with some other banks CIMB,Maybank,ALliance,RHB,OUB,EON,Hong Leong and Public.Notice similar  best rate for OCBC(Semi flexi) and CIMB(flexi) ,BLR -2% for ZMC for 1st 5 years, there after BLR-2.4% .Taken OCBC for refinancing and CIMB for new house .But I am lucky coz got a superb agent with OCBC ...the CIMB that I enganged is "duh" type of person ...but alas not much issue as it was financing new house.
So in conclusion for loan probably CIMB is best cos its FULLY FLEXI..but go around and ask few bankers ..its worth to save every penny that you earn
Any1 interest in getting OCBC loan can PM me ...i can recommend her..she's good and efficient .

p/s: I have no commission/relation to her ..just helping out good banker and fellow forumers.
Hi

Can I have your OCBC contact? Am shopping for a housing loan.

Thanks
Sam

HaoYuan
post May 9 2011, 10:30 PM

Kai Qi Baby
1,401 posts

Honestly speaking, i dun think OCBC is good as their rules and regulation are very tight
investz
post Oct 18 2013, 06:03 PM

On my way
510 posts

QUOTE(rakyat @ Oct 28 2009, 05:03 PM)
Me think Walle misunderstood the T&C...... Developer normally only cover S&P legal fees, bank will charge stamp duty & legal fees for loan agreement.

Added on October 28, 2009, 4:05 pm

If loan amt is > RM500k like ur case then BLR -2.3 is not competitive, more likely u will get -2.4 to -2.6
Loan more than RM500K only can get BLR-2.4. I don't think can get more than that
dp82
post Oct 20 2013, 11:27 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

I have a HL with OCBC since 2012 June, lock in period is 3 years.

Loan amount was RM 600k back then and now bank value the house at RM 750k.

Is it possible to refinance/ top up? In need of cash and need advise on how can i obtain cash via this asset?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:51 AM