Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Contractor Making Problem to customer, Bad Attitude Contractor Renovations

views

TSb8t_ford
post Oct 25 2009, 01:11 PM, updated 15y ago

7 posts

Hi guys, Very Good Afternoon for Sunday.

Huh!! i am having big problem to my house renovation. The contractor already took my money, and keep on delaying the renovation progress.Now make me headache. My house renovation started on middle of September, just very simple backyard/kitchen extension for 10feet x 29 feets only, until now not yet completed. Now only 40% completed.

The contractor only sent 1 worker to do the renovation. Aiyoyo....have any of here seen such construction/renovation only done by 1 indon? I tried to call the contractor to sent atleast 2/3 ppls to do the jobs, he told me : he has no enough workers now, and he has other bigger project to follow up. Do you all believe it? Tell you all what, the lonely indon worker had already worked for my house about 2 weeks.Somemore, he do not purchase necessary material for renovation and send to my house, so that the worker can do the renovation. So, due to no materials, the worker slept in afternoon after finishing the work in the morning. I asked the worker why he slept, he told me: "tak ada benda" ma., "Ini tak dak, itu tak dak". Wah lau Eh!!

Next, i called him, asked him why., he still talked action to me : "i have my own way to do my stuff." he said he will settle it and sent more ppl to complete my house asap. Until now, still the lonely and lovely indon worker. I scratched my head very hard, and i be patient of it for 1 week, i do not call him, and contact him.See what he will do.

When i called him asked this and that, he replied very rapidly:"ok ok, can settle for you in 3 days time, and promise macam macam." When canot make it, he pusing pusing :"aiyo, my worker ran away la, Project here and there sangkut la, bla bla la." alot of stupid reason.

2weeks ago, the progress is 40% completed, until to date still 40% completed......i very upset la..scratching my head la, headache, somemore i now over paid for rm4k.

anyone here, can please give my some advises on this.

thank you.
myxzspzlx
post Oct 25 2009, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

you already paid all??? if not... just said u want to terminate him and find someone else to continue the work....

mmmm... thats why its always good to pay based on job done... but some contractor insist that we pay certain amount first...
TSb8t_ford
post Oct 25 2009, 05:58 PM

7 posts

ya. almost paid all.

actually i paid him by progress at first, initially he did well and fast for 1st and 2nd bricks wall.Then, i requested him to do tiling jobs for the kitchen, then he requested me to pay some money for buying tiles, only he can start the job.

But until now, non of one single tiles reached my house. I called asked him so manytime, he answered me : "i will manage it, or i have my way to do things." B4 this, when first few times i met him, he was so nice, and did well as i mentioned justnow. After i had paid the tiling jobs deposit, he started like this.

i called him, he said i will settle for you, no worry..but he still send 1 indon worker to me..how to settle it ? haiyo....sakit kepala.

Lawyer1
post Oct 25 2009, 09:05 PM

Casual
Validating
338 posts

QUOTE(b8t_ford @ Oct 25 2009, 05:58 PM)
ya. almost paid all.

actually i paid him by progress at first, initially he did well and fast for 1st and 2nd bricks wall.Then, i requested him to do tiling jobs for the kitchen, then he requested me to pay some money for buying tiles, only he can start the job.

But until now, non of one single tiles reached my house. I called asked him so manytime, he answered me : "i will manage it, or i have my way to do things." B4 this, when first few times i met him, he was so nice, and did well as i mentioned justnow. After i had paid the tiling jobs deposit, he started like this.

i called him, he said i will settle for you, no worry..but he still send 1 indon worker to me..how to settle it ? haiyo....sakit kepala.
I am sorry to hear this,... and understand how you feel,... I have come across such contractors before. PM me his name, company name and the location of your house. I'll help you check-up on him.............

flight
post Oct 26 2009, 08:22 AM

Regular
1,567 posts

Pay by progress la, work 40%, pay also 40% lo.
mi-g
post Oct 26 2009, 08:28 AM

Part-time Troll
1,482 posts

My father also almost kena like this one. luckily he everyday 'harass' the contractor.. imagine ah, simple job as make new kitchen tiling oso take almost 1month.. and before start, they promise to send 4 indonesian worker but end up only 2 come.. haih..
avantasia
post Oct 26 2009, 08:29 AM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

IMO, at least u'r contractor should send 3 people to do u'r renovation!
TSb8t_ford
post Oct 26 2009, 04:39 PM

7 posts

thank you to everybody for encouraging me..i feel much better now, atleast some of you had gone thru such situation...

I also called him almost everyday, and asked. Sometime, he said :"if i want to cheat or run away, i wont built up 40% for you, then no worry , i will do it for you."

bro,Lawyer1. i would like to thank you also, because of understanding me. But, why you ask for his name, company and address? can let me know ah ? thank you.

again, thanks to you all.cheers

Lawyer1
post Oct 26 2009, 04:55 PM

Casual
Validating
338 posts

QUOTE(b8t_ford @ Oct 26 2009, 04:39 PM)
thank you to everybody for encouraging me..i feel much better now, atleast some of you had gone thru such situation...

I also called him almost everyday, and asked. Sometime, he said :"if i want to cheat or run away, i wont built up 40% for you, then no worry , i will do it for you."

bro,Lawyer1. i would like to thank you also, because of understanding me. But, why you ask for his name, company and address? can let me know ah ? thank you.

again, thanks to you all.cheers
In order to better help you, I will need to know these details in order to do some background check on him. Then we will know where his weakness is, and perhaps capitalise on it, or may warrant that you not release anymore money to him.

Just helping out here, 'cos I know and understand exactly how you feel,.. my friend,...

Sure he is not running away, but neither is he completing your renovation for you,....
zheilwane
post Oct 26 2009, 09:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

did u bargain price with him? like both of u agreed on a certain amount and later u reduce the price?
dvinez
post Nov 16 2009, 10:00 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Oct 26 2009, 09:39 PM)
did u bargain price with him? like both of u agreed on a certain amount and later u reduce the price?
yalo, dont like that.

just tell him, u think u can play play with me ? if u want to play then come !
Awakened_Angel
post May 6 2011, 07:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,703 posts

QUOTE(b8t_ford @ Oct 25 2009, 06:58 PM)
ya. almost paid all.

This is what happen when u let contractor buy materials.

Added on May 6, 2011, 8:03 pmHow much u pay him in advance?if not much, My suggestion, threaten him, say if I no see progress in a week, I will terminate ur contract n let other ppl do.

This post has been edited by Awakened_Angel: May 6 2011, 08:03 PM
skng03
post May 6 2011, 09:54 PM

Regular
1,450 posts

QUOTE(Awakened_Angel @ May 6 2011, 07:58 PM)
This is what happen when u let contractor buy materials.

Added on May 6, 2011, 8:03 pmHow much u pay him in advance?if not much, My suggestion, threaten him, say if I no see progress in a week, I will terminate ur contract n let other ppl do.
i think TS' reno completed long time ago liao, this thread is 18 months old tongue.gif tongue.gif
jojozep
post May 10 2011, 01:22 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

Stay away from ALBERT PHILOMEN A/L RAJA , a wolf in sheep skin.

Dern
post May 11 2011, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(b8t_ford @ Oct 25 2009, 01:11 PM)
Hi guys, Very Good Afternoon for Sunday.

Huh!! i am having big problem to my house renovation. The contractor already took my money, and keep on delaying the renovation progress.Now make me headache. My house renovation started on middle of September, just very simple backyard/kitchen extension for 10feet x 29 feets only, until now not yet completed. Now only 40% completed.

The contractor only sent 1 worker to do the renovation. Aiyoyo....have any of here seen such construction/renovation only done by 1 indon? I tried to call the contractor to sent atleast 2/3 ppls to do the jobs, he told me : he has no enough workers now, and he has other bigger project to follow up. Do you all believe it? Tell you all what, the lonely indon worker had already worked for my house about 2 weeks.Somemore, he do not purchase necessary material for renovation and send to my house, so that the worker can do the renovation. So, due to no materials, the worker slept in afternoon after finishing the work in the morning. I asked the worker why he slept, he told me: "tak ada benda" ma., "Ini tak dak, itu tak dak". Wah lau Eh!!

Next, i called him, asked him why., he still talked action to me : "i have my own way to do my stuff." he said he will settle it and sent more ppl to complete my house asap. Until now, still the lonely and lovely indon worker. I scratched my head very hard, and i be patient of it for 1 week, i do not call him, and contact him.See what he will do.

When i called him asked this and that, he replied very rapidly:"ok ok, can settle for you in 3 days time, and promise macam macam." When canot make it, he pusing pusing :"aiyo, my worker ran away la, Project here and there sangkut la, bla bla la." alot of stupid reason.

2weeks ago, the progress is 40% completed, until to date still 40% completed......i very upset la..scratching my head la, headache, somemore i now over paid for rm4k.

anyone here, can please give my some advises on this.

thank you.
one thing you can do is please share his company name. save a lot of people.

anakcili
post May 11 2011, 10:54 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(Dern @ May 11 2011, 10:27 AM)
one thing you can do is please share his company name. save a lot of people.
Hi All
I have the same situation now.
My contractor keep on delaying my house reno.
It will be good if all the forumer here can create 1 Post with title
"Contractor To Avoid"

Everyone can put the name and face of his/her contractor in the post so that those who read can avoid such contractor.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:44 AM