Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The best mutual fund company in Malaysia, select the best

Please select the best mutual fund company in Malaysia

Affin FUnd Managment Bhd [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Amanah Mutual Berhad [ 3 ] ** [4.35%]
Am Investment Services [ 2 ] ** [2.90%]
ASM INvestment Services [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Avenue Investment Bhd [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
CIMB Principal/Islamic Wealthadvisor Bhd [ 9 ] ** [13.04%]
HLG Unit trust Berhad [ 1 ] ** [1.45%]
Hwang DBS Unit Trust Bgd [ 3 ] ** [4.35%]
PERMODALAN NASIONAL BHD (PNB) [ 5 ] ** [7.25%]
Pheim Unut Trust Bhd [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Prudential Fund Managment Bhd [ 1 ] ** [1.45%]
Public Mutual Berhad [ 39 ] ** [56.52%]
OSK-UOB Unit Trust Berhad [ 5 ] ** [7.25%]
RHB Investment Bhd [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
TA Investment Mgmt Bhd [ 1 ] ** [1.45%]
Total Votes: 69
Guests cannot vote 
lonelyplanet92
post Oct 18 2009, 12:45 AM

Group: Junior Member

You can also comment on the:

a) Overall fund performance
b) customer service (telephone)
c) Online investment/switching/buy/sell facilities in the website
d) Service charge
e) quality of market report analysis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jeff_v2
post Oct 18 2009, 02:10 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

PNB la...
coz they own by gov, the probability of lost is low unless Msia eco prob...

+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 18 2009, 02:58 AM

7 stars

public mutual got my vote
+Quote Post
jasonhanjk
post Oct 18 2009, 07:05 AM

Regular

Buying stock yourself would have a better result compare to mutual fund.
+Quote Post
cuebiz
post Oct 18 2009, 11:34 AM

Enthusiast

This poll is pointless. List is not complete and there are no best mutual fund company in msia.
+Quote Post
xuzen
post Oct 18 2009, 11:42 AM

Regular

QUOTE(jasonhanjk @ Oct 18 2009, 07:05 AM)
Buying stock yourself would have a better result compare to mutual fund.
Agree only if you have the knowledge and time to monitor. If you either neither, then consider mutual fund/unit trust.

Xuzen
+Quote Post
numbertwo
post Oct 18 2009, 11:50 AM

Regular

QUOTE(xuzen @ Oct 18 2009, 11:42 AM)
Agree only if you have the knowledge and time to monitor. If you either neither, then consider mutual fund/unit trust.

Xuzen
not quite! If you have neither of them, better keep the $$ in FD.

mutual fund or UT requires one to monitor too, failing which you will be assured of condemning the fund in a short term future!

This post has been edited by numbertwo: Oct 18 2009, 11:51 AM
+Quote Post
b00n
post Oct 18 2009, 12:04 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

I think the main thing is not about the poll but more towards the discussion on what TS pointed out:
You can also comment on the:

a) Overall fund performance
b) customer service (telephone)
c) Online investment/switching/buy/sell facilities in the website
d) Service charge
e) quality of market report analysis
So if everyone don't mind to share their view, this could be a quite informative topic per say, and everyone can make their own judgment.
+Quote Post
howszat
post Oct 18 2009, 12:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Oct 18 2009, 11:50 AM)
not quite!  If you have neither of them, better keep the $$ in FD.

mutual fund or UT requires one to monitor too, failing which you will be assured of condemning the fund in a short term future!
Requires some monitoring, yes. But nowhere near as much as buying stock yourself. Plus you get the diversification across a wide range of stocks and bonds, something which is impossible or impractical for most investors.

In between the scale from low-risk/low-returns like FD to high-risk/high-returns like stocks, there is a vast range of UT's to choose from to suite your risk appetite.
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Oct 18 2009, 01:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(b00n @ Oct 18 2009, 12:04 PM)
I think the main thing is not about the poll but more towards the discussion on what TS pointed out:
So if everyone don't mind to share their view, this could be a quite informative topic per say, and everyone can make their own judgment.
Agree, here is my preferred list:-

a) the best customer service (telephone/telemutual): Public Mutual, PM online also very user friendly.

b) the worst customer service (telephone): CIMB Wealth advisor, called in to ask about investment, the receptionist said will assigned agent to call me, no agent call until the next day, i called in and remind again, and finally one agent called me, i have inquire about the reduction of the initial charge if the investment is bigger, he said he will ask his boss and since never call back, poor following up.

c) Best fixed priced fund with consistent return: PNB (PNB win the vote as no other mutual fund company has fixed price fund with instant withdrawal flexibility)

d) Best online deal -> discounted rate for equity/balance fund: CIMB funds with the discounted rate of 2.5% for equity fund and 1.5% for its bond fund. around 50% off for its equity fund if subscribe online, they also have discounted rate for other fund house products that also available in their website.

e) Best online deal (non-bank-backed mutual fund company): www.Fundsupermart.com, their online rate is as low as 2% for equity fund and some bond funds are as low as 0%. Free switching inter and intra fund house, thus very flexible.

f) Lowest initial charge for Bond fund: Public mutual. All its bond funds' initial charge are at 0.25%, compared to other fund house's 1-2%. Annual managment fee as low as 0.75%

g) Transparency on the financial statement for all funds: all private mutual funds companies except for PNB. PNB has never annouce their Profit and Lost account of their funds to the public.

This post has been edited by cheahcw2003: Oct 18 2009, 01:43 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lonelyplanet92
post Oct 18 2009, 02:05 PM

QUOTE(cuebiz @ Oct 18 2009, 11:34 AM)
This poll is pointless. List is not complete and there are no best mutual fund company in msia.
The poll systems in Lowyat only allowed to have 15 choices and cannot be more than 15, if u have any company in your mind that not listed, pls share it here. WHy u said there is no best MF company in Msia? can u support your view?

Added on October 18, 2009, 2:06 pm
QUOTE(xuzen @ Oct 18 2009, 11:42 AM)
Xuzen
Strongly agree

Added on October 18, 2009, 2:10 pm
QUOTE(numbertwo @ Oct 18 2009, 11:50 AM)
not quite!  If you have neither of them, better keep the $$ in FD.
if u want the least monitoring effort and have better return than FD, you can either put in PNB fixed price funds or any bond fund in private mutual fund companies. You can check the bond ranking in http://my.morninstar.com there are many bond funds that perform much better than the FD Rate with very minimal risk.

This post has been edited by lonelyplanet92: Oct 18 2009, 02:10 PM
+Quote Post
leongal
post Oct 18 2009, 04:54 PM

~I have a new mission in life~

fund managers always move around these few companies....; those that stayed long in a fund house - basically the fund house has got a system in place....

rating a fund house is not as easy as ABC
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Oct 18 2009, 07:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(leongal @ Oct 18 2009, 04:54 PM)
fund managers always move around these few companies....; those that stayed long in a fund house - basically the fund house has got a system in place....
rating a fund house is not as easy as ABC
Outsiders like us has no information on how the fund managers moving around, hoping from one fund house to another. Can u quote us a few examples?
+Quote Post
jeff_v2
post Oct 19 2009, 08:14 PM

Enthusiast

[quote=cheahcw2003,Oct 18 2009, 01:36 PM]

b) the worst customer service (telephone): CIMB Wealth advisor, called in to ask about investment, the receptionist said will assigned agent to call me, no agent call until the next day, i called in and remind again, and finally one agent called me, i have inquire about the reduction of the initial charge if the investment is bigger, he said he will ask his boss and since never call back, poor following up.

ut in cimb divided into 2 group.
one is cimb wealth advisor = agents
one is cimb bank = directly from bank

if u want better and easier sevice try go to cimb branches rather than from agent.
ut is long there so there wil be prob if in long term u lost contact wit ur agent.
i also buying ut at cimb bank and thier fund perform quite well, mostly via epf fund.

+Quote Post
dream.angels
post Oct 21 2009, 08:03 PM

Enthusiast

public mutual n public bank oso haf 2 groups..

one is by public mutual berhad.. from public mutual agents..
another is oso by public bank.. directly from banks..
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Oct 24 2009, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(dream.angels @ Oct 21 2009, 08:03 PM)
public mutual n public bank oso haf 2 groups..

one is by public mutual berhad.. from public mutual agents..
another is oso by public bank.. directly from banks..
Yeah, Public Mutual is wholly owned by Public Bank, and Public Bank's funds are managed by Public Mutual. It is like left and right pocket of Tan Sri Teh.... rclxms.gif
There is a rumous saying that PB funds might be able to be suscribed thru PB online banking with reduced initial charge, same like CIMB funds invested via CIMB CLicks... but dont know when this will happen?
+Quote Post
anson lee
post Oct 25 2009, 09:57 AM

Getting Started

I would go 4 HLG
+Quote Post
ozak
post Oct 25 2009, 12:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

[quote=jeff_v2,Oct 19 2009, 08:14 PM]
[quote=cheahcw2003,Oct 18 2009, 01:36 PM]

ut in cimb divided into 2 group.
one is cimb wealth advisor = agents
one is cimb bank = directly from bank

if u want better and easier sevice try go to cimb branches rather than from agent.
ut is long there so there wil be prob if in long term u lost contact wit ur agent.
i also buying ut at cimb bank and thier fund perform quite well, mostly via epf fund.

[/quote]
I m buying through agent from cimb wealth advisor. No problem for me. Good service. And sometime they invite me to ve seminar with them and learn more about share investment.
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Oct 25 2009, 03:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ozak @ Oct 25 2009, 12:43 PM)
I m buying through agent from cimb wealth advisor. No problem for me. Good service. And sometime they invite me to ve seminar with them and learn more about share investment.
Maybe u r already their existing customer already, i am not yet, just called in to ask for product info, now 10 days already never come back to me. Do you get better rate from the agent compare to CIMB CLick's rate?
+Quote Post
ozak
post Oct 25 2009, 05:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cheahcw2003 @ Oct 25 2009, 03:31 PM)
Maybe u r already their existing customer already, i am not yet, just called in to ask for product info, now 10 days already never come back to me. Do you get better rate from the agent compare to CIMB CLick's rate?
What is CIMB CLick's? I go through the agent from the very first day. The agent and the advisor are very helpfull. The advisor help me to pickup some good fund also and stock.
+Quote Post
jeff_v2
post Oct 25 2009, 05:36 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ozak @ Oct 25 2009, 05:32 PM)
What is CIMB CLick's? I go through the agent from the very first day. The agent and the advisor are very helpfull. The advisor help me to pickup some good fund also and stock.
CIMB clicks is CIMB internet banking same as Maybank2u...
yah, some agent do give good service but some also tend to leave their cust after transaction been done...
adviseable to go straight to bank, can get cheaper sales charge and easier to check pricing... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
Celebrex
post Oct 25 2009, 08:20 PM

Public Mutual, worked there as an assistant to a manager b4.....

I like their work culture and attitude towards customers.....at least thats what i see....
+Quote Post
ozak
post Oct 25 2009, 11:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jeff_v2 @ Oct 25 2009, 05:36 PM)
CIMB clicks is CIMB internet banking same as Maybank2u...
yah, some agent do give good service but some also tend to leave their cust after transaction been done...
adviseable to go straight to bank, can get cheaper sales charge and easier to check pricing...  thumbup.gif
I see. Now you remind me, I did received a letter contain some password that ask me to log in. But I haven't do yet.

My agent really give a good service. Till sometime quite annoy. Ha.... I don't mind to give some business to the agent, as her cimb advisor always give me some market info regarding stock. brows.gif
+Quote Post
jeff_v2
post Oct 26 2009, 03:29 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ozak @ Oct 25 2009, 11:35 PM)
I see. Now you remind me, I did received a letter contain some password that ask me to log in. But I haven't do yet.

My agent really give a good service. Till sometime quite annoy. Ha.... I don't mind to give some business to the agent, as her cimb advisor always give me some market info regarding stock.  brows.gif
wah.. good for u got really good agent...
mind sharing with me the best fund from CIMB Principal???
i also got some - Asia Pasific Equity and DALI...
bought it through bank, easier for me la
+Quote Post
ozak
post Oct 26 2009, 08:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jeff_v2 @ Oct 26 2009, 03:29 AM)
wah.. good for u got really good agent...
mind sharing with me the best fund from CIMB Principal???
i also got some - Asia Pasific Equity and DALI...
bought it through bank, easier for me la
I m not really good in all this fund. I just follow his advise. One of the fund he intruduce is great china fund.

This post has been edited by ozak: Oct 26 2009, 08:29 AM
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Oct 31 2009, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Celebrex @ Oct 25 2009, 08:20 PM)
Public Mutual, worked there as an assistant to a manager b4.....
I like their work culture and attitude towards customers.....at least thats what i see....
i heard Public Mutual also pays very well to its staffs with good benefit, every year they have overseas trip for all staffs. Public Mutual also contribute a lot of profit to PBB Group.

+Quote Post
lonelyplanet92
post Nov 6 2009, 01:01 PM

The initial cost to invest in Mutual Fund investment is very important, if the initial charge is 5% meaning when u invest only 95% of the money after deducting the 5% will be invest in the fund that u chose. Thus, the fund need to make at least 5% surplus after u invest for u to breakeven.

From my understanding, there are some online investment that offer better rate which is www.cimbclicks.com and www.fundsupermart.com.my, besides these, anyone knows about other website or company that offer better rate?
+Quote Post
jasonkwk
post Nov 6 2009, 02:05 PM

Self Improvement is Masturbation

QUOTE(lonelyplanet92 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:01 PM)
The initial cost to invest in Mutual Fund investment is very important, if the initial charge is 5% meaning when u invest only 95% of the money after deducting the 5% will be invest in the fund that u chose. Thus, the fund need to make at least 5% surplus after u invest for u to breakeven.

From my understanding, there are some online investment that offer better rate which is www.cimbclicks.com and www.fundsupermart.com.my, besides these, anyone knows about other website or company that offer better rate?
You are correct if you are referring to the first year of investment,the second year onwards, the number will keep dropping on second years onwards if you did not include management fee 1.5%.This force you to invest long term.
+Quote Post
cheahcw2003
post Nov 9 2009, 09:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jasonkwk @ Nov 6 2009, 02:05 PM)
You are correct if you are referring to the first year of investment,the second year onwards, the number will keep dropping on second years onwards if you did not include management fee 1.5%.This force you to invest long term.
Agree, so we need to make sure the return on invested fund making enough to cover the cost. The fund manager still get paid on the management fees even the funds experienced negative return.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1244sec    2.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:09 AM