8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bowers and Wilkins Owners Thread, Discussion on B&W speakers

views

Calebraj
post Feb 4 2013, 06:09 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Feb 3 2013, 07:07 PM)
What is the difference that the 685 brings from the 686 in terms of sound?
Once you listen to the 685, you will like them better than the 686. Need to mention that 686 on itself is already very very good small bookshelf speakers.

Unless space is an issue to you, then revert to 686. If not, 685 is the best bet.
Calebraj
post Feb 7 2013, 05:26 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Feb 4 2013, 06:16 PM)
physically... i don't think the size or at least the width of the 685 and 686 is so much difference that it affects space... wouldn't the speaker stand base itself be wider than the width of the bookshelf itself?
The main difference externally is the speaker cone size and port direction.
While the 686 is having a rear firing port, you can't put them next to the wall as that would create a boomy bass. While the 685 is front firing bass reflex port.

There are pro and cons for both set up, but use it to your advantages, that is the only thing i would say this time around thumbup.gif

It won't be a very huge difference, but it still makes quite a bit of performance difference.
But yes, once you listen to 685, you don't want to listen to the 686.
tongue.gif
Calebraj
post Feb 18 2013, 09:13 PM

Casual
452 posts

Hi All B&W owners and fans out there,

Check this out - B&W launched a new weatherproof speakers for outdoor use.
Attached Image

Called the AM-1 (Architectural Monitor), this infuses the famous technology from B&W such as Nautilus™ tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter and Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR). Something new to be introduce to outdoor speakers for awesome performance.
Attached Image

That is what called awesome performance meets awesome style.
Will be available shortly by first quarter 2013.

Cheers
Calebraj
post Feb 26 2013, 12:11 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Hamil @ Feb 25 2013, 05:44 PM)
Hi....

Just posted back to Malaysia. Considering to purchase a pair of 804D but at the same time, being cheapo, wanted to ask for options here where else can i buy other than the agent. Of course, price matters.

Please PM me if not convenient to reply here.

Hamil
Hi Hamil,
Hunting for 804D will be a challenge, even more to hunt for B&W speakers.
Also a used good B&W value will still remain for a long time.

On another hand, 804D speakers are quite in demand, as the size is for moderate room.

Calebraj
post Feb 26 2013, 05:13 PM

Casual
452 posts

Hi All,

Would just like to announce that B&W Panorama 2 sound bar is up for demo in our boutique showroom in Jaya One, PJ.
Attached Image
Do come and hear the sound, all coming out from only one device.
With a much advanced drive units and cabinet construction avoiding audio distortion.
Featuring the first time- proximity sensitive display, and touch panels for volume/input controls.

Calebraj
post Mar 2 2013, 12:36 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Feb 27 2013, 06:14 PM)
buying stuff and shipping back here is always a challenge not to mention the risks.... customs is malaysia has been known to be inconsistent in applying rules...

furthermore, if you are buying anything off the country.. if you find problems with it... you will be stuck without having the ability to get it warrantied... not to say that there will be problems, but as i say.. it might be a risk...

and B&W has 3 years warranty if i am not wrong?
Hi butthead,

B&W speakers carry a 5 years warranty for passive speakers (those speakers that needs amplifiers), while active speakers carry a 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.

From my experience, had a customer doing that (shipping from other country in). End up he paid more than what he can get locally at the end with the hidden cost of import tax, shipping, insurance etc. Which he regreted.

Further more, his speakers came in with damage Diamond tweeters (tweeter smashed), which repairs end up to be about additional RM 8k++

Calebraj
post Mar 6 2013, 12:56 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Hamil @ Mar 6 2013, 12:48 PM)
Yes... i understand the hassles as well as the warranty issues.
That's why looking for alternative that i do not need to go through the hassles and yet covered in a way and most importantly better pricing.

Maybe i am too greedy. Anyway, just exploring options.

Hamil
Hi Hamil,

Negotiation is open till we can reach an agreement. But not in this forum.
Do PM me, then we get it sorted out.

As for others, just to inform that we have just set B&W 800 HT system for demo. Man, the sound, flawless...
Calebraj
post Mar 6 2013, 01:03 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Mar 3 2013, 08:52 PM)
my point exactly, won't he lose or have troubles with the warranty not purchasing it with a local dealer?
Yes, he would. As B&W Speakers always believe that getting it from the local distributor also have an extra hands for support. Despite the taxes, i can say the Malaysian price are very close to Europe country prices (as i have checked).
Which is a fair deal really.

Compared to cars comparison prices against other countries, that is a different story.
Calebraj
post Mar 15 2013, 07:14 PM

Casual
452 posts

Hi All B&W fans and owners out there,

Just to share out that B&W speakers have a tie-up with Maserati cars from 2013 onwards.
Attached Image
Most car manufacturers make cars. Maserati creates legends. For nearly a century, the trident marque has been a symbol of uncompromising automotive excellence. So when the engineers at Maserati wanted to find an acoustic partner to design an audio system for their new luxury saloon, there was only ever one choice. Introducing the Maserati Quattroporte premium surround system from Bowers & Wilkins. Extraordinary sound. For an extraordinary car.

2 great brands in their own field, working with each other.

This post has been edited by Calebraj: Mar 15 2013, 07:15 PM
Calebraj
post Mar 20 2013, 08:41 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Kirsten @ Mar 19 2013, 11:25 PM)
Raj,

It seems that the B&W Zeppelin Mini 2 is already announced !!

When you can let us know the stocks availability?  I would guess that most of the B&W fans would want to check out this little beast.  tongue.gif
Don't worry, will announce it once i have more news on the Z2 brows.gif

Meanwhile, there is a clearence promo on the current generation of the Zeppelin mini. whistling.gif
So for those who have and are always stuck with your Ipod Classic/ Iphone 3GS, Iphone 4/4S. This would be the best time to pair with a B&W speakers at a good price. brows.gif
Calebraj
post Mar 27 2013, 06:44 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Kirsten @ Mar 21 2013, 11:25 PM)
Mhhh.. Are you sure?  Why not reveal what you have n store for all of us here. I might want to grab one, lolx.

By the way Im really stuck with my old old old iphone 3 GS..
Hi Kirsten, send you the deal of you are interested drool.gif

While, just for everyone's information, B&W P3 headphones are now available in Blue finish!
Sense of style and music goes together brows.gif
Attached Image
Stocks coming in very very soon.
Thanks.
Calebraj
post Apr 10 2013, 12:52 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Kirsten @ Mar 29 2013, 12:38 PM)
Ahh, the blue is naise !!!

Let me know again when you have gotten them in stock, by the way is there any sonic difference on the new Blue P3?

Or this is only color diff?
Hi Kirsten,
The P3 blue is now available in our showroom in Jaya One, PJ.

Compared the P3 blue, and the other P3 available, it sounds the same.
Means it' only a different finish available as this is a quite popular model in the market currently.
Good part- it is the same price as the black and the white.

Saw someone on the street yesterday wearing them, quite cool i would say.
Anyway, the P3 Blue is suppose to be available from May onwards, but we got it available earlier than expected brows.gif

Calebraj
post Apr 19 2013, 02:49 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(rayz85 @ Apr 15 2013, 05:35 PM)
Hi Raj

Do you carry the new Zeppelin Air with Lightning connector as well as Z2? Do let me know if you have any on-going promo smile.gif
Still waiting for the release dates for Asia for those 2 products.

On going promo, got!
We run monthly promo for HT system.

For new media product (zeppelin, AirPlay speaker, headphones), it normally sells on itself brows.gif
But do drop by and have a listen. Then we can try to reach for agreement. tongue.gif
Calebraj
post May 7 2013, 04:32 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(rayz85 @ Apr 26 2013, 10:53 PM)
Thanks for the reply Raj. Waiting patiently for the new Zep Air and Z2. I noticed Apple Store Singapore & HK is selling Z2 and the new Zep Air for quite some time now, didn't want to get it from oveasea due to lack of support. Would you be able to check on when will these models arriving our shore? Really looking forward to it.
They were taking order, yes. But it is starting to fulfill their customers on the order soon.

And yes, you got a PM on the promo we are having brows.gif
Calebraj
post May 8 2013, 06:33 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ May 8 2013, 01:08 PM)
wat promo... don't leave us out... post it here  cry.gif
Hi butthead,
clearing some of B&W new media items in our showroom. Eg. Zeppelin Air with 30 pin dock, Zeppelin Mini with Apple 30 pin dock etc.

Do check out think link for the product that is on specials: drool.gif
TEG labour day promo

Hope that gives a good teaser for all.
Cheers.
Calebraj
post May 9 2013, 05:17 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ May 9 2013, 04:07 PM)
haiyah... nothing that tickles my fancy... all HT stuff..

i missed the last year's one when i bought the 684 before you had the merdeka sale... was slapping myself for that as your sale price was so much lower than the price i bought it for...
I see.
But now that i know you have a 684 speaker. What else are you looking at?

Are you more into HiFi stuff or AV?
Calebraj
post May 17 2013, 02:05 PM

Casual
452 posts

Hi All Bowers and Wilkins Owners and fans out there,

Great news, having a good promo for all on the B&W famous Zeppelin Air model,
do check this link for more detail:
(even i was surprise with this offer shocking.gif )
B&W Zeppelin sale

Hope this gives all of you a reason to enjoy music and maybe to some, a gift to love ones...
Offer not to be missed!
Calebraj
post May 17 2013, 02:10 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(tdled @ May 13 2013, 08:43 PM)
Hi all,

Anyone know where I can buy the A7 and whats the best price?

Thanks
Hi tdled,
You can get the A7 in a few places actually, particularly in our boutique showroom in Jaya One, PJ/ Machines (Apple premium resellers) outlet in Mid Valley/KLCC/Pyramid/Gardens mainly.

While i PM you the best price for the B&W A7 speaker.
Thanks.
Calebraj
post May 17 2013, 02:11 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ May 10 2013, 06:34 PM)
hifi stuff...i'd like the olive music servers... but too far out of reach... you won't happen to have some 80% discounts on them would you... hahaha
I wish they could get that discount too tongue.gif
You particularly looking for the Olive 3HD or the 4HD?
Calebraj
post May 22 2013, 02:23 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(kuro0314 @ May 21 2013, 11:30 PM)
Hi Raj, i do realize u selling some B&W speaker. but i need ur advice for the zeppelin mini. is it worth the money? cz i was thinking of buying it...
First of all, where are you wanting to get the Zeppelin Mini from?
I am clearing them in my showroom. Only limited unit available currently.

Second,
It it worth the money you say?

With the clearance promo, i would say yes.
Zeppelin Mini is design to play Ipod/Iphone in a small/moderate room (places like bedroom and other small living area) very nicely, with good definition of music digitally. The fact that it can still be used as a docking station (means if you plug it into USB to your computer, it still sync to your Itunes) as well as external speakers for your computer.

If you are thinking of buying as a gift, that would be possible too.
And if you have fear of it not working with the new Iphone 5, i have customer who have them and it works perfectly with the standard converter from Apple stores.
Hope that helps.

Cheers.

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:25 AM