Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Receiving International Calls and SMS, Sorry for being a n00b about this!

views

TSAD0781
post Sep 25 2009, 08:44 PM, updated 14y ago

3 posts

Hey guys,
I'm a Maxis user and would like to ask if I get charged for receiving international calls and sms from mobile services of other countries?
Not a Maxis to Maxis thing via International Roaming. From that I understand that some charges are made.
And I've called the Maxis Customer Service Center but the woman on the line sounded like she didn't know what she was doing.

I apologize if such topic has been done several years ago, feel free to link it to me if it answers my question.
Thanks.
klang-valley
post Sep 25 2009, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(AD0781 @ Sep 25 2009, 08:44 PM)
Hey guys,
I'm a Maxis user and would like to ask if I get charged for receiving international calls and sms from mobile services of other countries?
Not a Maxis to Maxis thing via International Roaming. From that I understand that some charges are made.
And I've called the Maxis Customer Service Center but the woman on the line sounded like she didn't know what she was doing.

I apologize if such topic has been done several years ago, feel free to link it to me if it answers my question.
Thanks.
I been told last time that some SMS is chargeable by the receiver if he/she subscribe to it. You better check your bill.

For incoming international call, as long as you're not roaming, it is not chargeable. The caller pay for it.
TSAD0781
post Sep 25 2009, 09:01 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(klang-valley @ Sep 25 2009, 08:55 PM)
I been told last time that some SMS is chargeable by the receiver if he/she subscribe to it. You better check your bill.

For incoming international call, as long as you're not roaming, it is not chargeable. The caller pay for it.
I'm not subscribed to anything except my line's a subline in a Family Plan.

By not roaming you mean I'm in Malaysia when I receive the call? Or do you mean I'm not subscribed to a roaming plan?

This post has been edited by AD0781: Sep 25 2009, 09:02 PM
dragonfl8888
post Sep 25 2009, 09:25 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(AD0781 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:01 PM)
I'm not subscribed to anything except my line's a subline in a Family Plan.

By not roaming you mean I'm in Malaysia when I receive the call? Or do you mean I'm not subscribed to a roaming plan?
Aiyo !! u can call Maxis and ask la ... why let every1 here keep guessing...

This post has been edited by dragonfl8888: Sep 25 2009, 09:25 PM
TSAD0781
post Sep 25 2009, 09:43 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(dragonfl8888 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:25 PM)
Aiyo !! u can call Maxis and ask la ... why let every1 here keep guessing...
QUOTE(AD0781 @ Sep 25 200, 08:44 PM)
Hey guys,

Yeah.
Sure.
Thanks for the helpout.
Lost~*
post Sep 26 2009, 01:01 AM

26 posts

hi, im using digi, and so far i received calls from singapore (they r using starhub i think) and i didn't get charged for it.

as for sms, i do not get charged for the sms received as well.

dont know if this info can help u, but i think for our country we dont get charged for calls and sms from abroad, unless ur roaming.
ViRaViRa
post Sep 26 2009, 01:12 AM

Let's heal the world with LOVE ❤
4,623 posts

QUOTE(AD0781 @ Sep 25 2009, 08:44 PM)
Hey guys,

Thanks.
Just to make it clear:
1) you are using Maxis
2) You are still in Malaysia
3) You receive a call / sms from somebody who is not from Malaysia but overseas

If yes, you will not be charged. But be careful of smses because there are some smses which is charged reversely (charged to you instead of sender). Monitor your bills.

Regards,
user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th November 2022 - 03:09 AM