Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Shoes for (real) men

views

xiulaba
post Aug 4 2019, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

Hi guys, after almost 10 years if working in the field I got transferred back to an office working environment. Thinking of getting a pair of semi formal (?) shoes and another pair for casual Fridays or weekend drinking sessions. Edward Green caught my eyes especially a pair of their Wigmores that I saw of Leffot's IG which I think will fit casual Fridays and weekends perfectly. Their other ranges seem to be quite nice too.

user posted image

Also looking for a pair of their brogued and captoed Oxfords. Is there any store that carry Edward Green in Malaysia or nearby? Or is there any other recommendations from you guys? Not looking for a very formal style (I don't foresee any opportunities to attend black tie events) and maybe with an option of rubber soles? Thanks!

This post has been edited by xiulaba: Aug 4 2019, 05:13 PM
xiulaba
post Aug 6 2019, 02:05 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Aug 5 2019, 08:59 PM)
What’s the dress code for the office/ what does everyone usually wear?in my company’s Malaysian office that would be considered a ‘formal’ shoe because everyone wears beat up sneakers.

The nearest you can try on Edward green is in SG or HK but WJ&Co. in Bangsar shopping center has Carmina, G&G and John Lobb RTW.

How about Edward Green Picadilly or Banbury for the casual option?
There's no actual formal dress code, but I am looking to dress up more than my usual polo tee and jeans with sneakers when I do occasionally go to the office previously. Most of the people wear similarly but there are a few who I have seen with leather soled shoes, although I'm not quite sure what the shoes are. Thanks for pointing me to WJ and Co, will go and check them out! Are their prices ok it is there a premium compare to if I bought overseas?

Good suggestions too on the models but somehow I can't get myself to accept the normal penny loafer style. I quite like their Ewhurst model though. Thanks again!
xiulaba
post Nov 18 2019, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

Have there been any trunk shows organized in Malaysia before? Easier for lazy people like me to get good shoes 😅
xiulaba
post Nov 20 2019, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Nov 20 2019, 08:55 PM)
WJ&Co in BSC are having a John Lobb event now until 24th November if you're interested. High-end stuff though. Way out of my league.
Thanks!!!! Arrghhhh I am going back to work tomorrow already, gonna miss it. It should be John Lobb Paris? Am looking to get a pair of decent shoes sinvmce I'm back to the office, I guess next time. Thanks again niakulah.
xiulaba
post Nov 26 2019, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 23 2019, 11:16 PM)
You can check WJ&Co website for the trunk show dates, they’re quite frequent
Thanks!! Didn't notice that before .
xiulaba
post Nov 27 2019, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(_nick @ Nov 27 2019, 09:58 AM)
TLB Artista on Picasso last in dark brown

user posted image
Looks good!! Where can we get them from in Malaysia?
xiulaba
post Nov 27 2019, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(_nick @ Nov 27 2019, 01:09 PM)
I paid 548 SGD (approx. 1700 MYR) in-store from Yeossal. They're on sale now on their website.
What are your views on them? From the net they are top of the line for TLB Mallorca but very competitive price wise.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0500sec    1.90    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 11:12 PM