Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Shoes for (real) men

views

thelibran.kl P
post Apr 25 2022, 09:17 PM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(lvoonjian8888 @ Apr 25 2022, 05:48 PM)
I think it was around 10 layers, didn't exactly count the number. The wax keep going into the medallions, I need to brush off the wax gently.
Your mirror shine is on another level  rclxms.gif . Will try to build up additional layers on tomorrow.
Cause you're using Saphir and Pate de luxe only, a softer wax which needs more time to dry and set into the pores.
If you put on the layers too quickly, it'll all just rub around and not go into the pores.
Plus, our air very humid, that's why leave it few hours or days to let it set and then shine again.
That's why Saphir also have the Mirror Gloss to assist or speed up the process as it contains more hard wax.
Oh and you may want to get a proper shoe tree with full heels if you want to mirror shine the heels as well.

This mirror shine I did it with Pure Polish. 😉
lvoonjian8888
post Apr 26 2022, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
249 posts

QUOTE(thelibran.kl @ Apr 25 2022, 09:17 PM)
Cause you're using Saphir and Pate de luxe only, a softer wax which needs more time to dry and set into the pores.
If you put on the layers too quickly, it'll all just rub around and not go into the pores.
Plus, our air very humid,  that's why leave it few hours or days to let it set and then shine again.
That's why Saphir also have the Mirror Gloss to assist or speed up the process as it contains more hard wax.
Oh and you may want to get a proper shoe tree with full heels if you want to mirror shine the heels as well.

This mirror shine I did it with Pure Polish. 😉
Yeah, I am looking a pair for cedar shoe trees. Checked you Shopee page and saw you are selling cedar shoe trees but it shown that you are on vacation. Will definitely buy from you once you are back.
thelibran.kl P
post Apr 27 2022, 12:18 PM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(lvoonjian8888 @ Apr 26 2022, 01:22 PM)
Yeah, I am looking a pair for cedar shoe trees. Checked you Shopee page and saw you are selling cedar shoe trees but it shown that you are on vacation. Will definitely buy from you once you are back.
Ya, have to close cause I'm under quarantine now.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th May 2022 - 12:57 PM