Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

♥♪,Nokia 5800 XpressMusic a.k.a "TUBE" V19 ♥♪, V31 firmware through NSU!!!

views

boonpeng
post Sep 17 2009, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

Then what should we do for the GPS? Must use a-gps to get the lock?
boonpeng
post Sep 17 2009, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

Last time in V21, i only use around 1 min to get the lock.. Now, it like 10~20 min.. If V31 is not improve, I think I'll stay with V30 and use the a-gps.
boonpeng
post Sep 17 2009, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

For me, I dont prefer leather case, as it is quite bulky for me.. I'll recomend to have silicon case..
boonpeng
post Sep 17 2009, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

Really? I just ordered from askarperang, waiting for the shipment now..
boonpeng
post Sep 20 2009, 10:43 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Received epik case (black lizard) from AskarPerang, thanks!

After few days usage, I think the case side is not up to my expectation.. But still better then those silicone case, getting loose after some time..
And it is a bit finger print magnet and dust attract, but I dont think it is a major issue for me, I more toward for tube protection..

Overall, the case so far so good..
boonpeng
post Sep 21 2009, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

I think my epik case got the finger print is becasue of the meterial, not the color.. Yeah, transparent will become yellowish after some period of time..
boonpeng
post Sep 21 2009, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Ataraxis @ Sep 21 2009, 12:30 AM)
wat colour is ur epikcase?
is urs the lizard type?
Mine is black lizard
boonpeng
post Sep 21 2009, 02:46 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Aishiteru^Suki @ Sep 21 2009, 07:17 AM)
Then why my blue lizard epikcase dont have fingerprint problem meh?? is it because AskarPerang somehow gave me a special epikcase??  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
I think it is the same.. Just for me, I think it is a bit finger print magnet, anyway, it is nothing big deal for me..
boonpeng
post Sep 25 2009, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

The front casing is RM49, quoted by NCC Sunway Pyramid. They "FOC" some extra scratches for me during my last visit for the casing the software restoration.
boonpeng
post Sep 25 2009, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

It is good for me for the 1st and 2nd service..

For the 3rd service, they even FOC some scratches for me.
I had filled a complaint to Nokia Malaysia, and they promised to exchange a new casing for me..
boonpeng
post Sep 25 2009, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Front casing, the outer part, just the plastic cover only..
boonpeng
post Oct 3 2009, 08:57 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(mixologist84 @ Oct 2 2009, 11:45 PM)
just sharing.. remember i was telling u guys abt my prob with phone hang at nokia startup screen, the only solution is to do a hard reset.

so i suggest to all tubers to sync their contact with pc suite, its easy, safe and convenient. you can sync more than 1 phone and next time when u get a new phone u dont have to go thru the hassle again.

so i will share abt the hang solution ( im sorry if this has been discussed before, i saw the post in FP but not much details.. maybe this will help).

HELP my phone is stuck in nokia screen

MAINLY u have to chill , as long as u have sync-ed ur phone u have nothing to lose

1. Turn off phone ( u got to remove batt)

2.Perform hard reset. (u have to press and hold call,end call,camera and also on-off button until u see the nokia startup screen

3.Once that is done, choose your country

4.Set time and date amd wait!

5.The tube will automatically install all your softwares from the mmc. ( i strongly suggest u press no buttons or do anythin at this period of time as u will only interrupt the progress.

6.Most of the softwares will be installed (roughly takes at least 10 mins depending on yr softwares installed.

7.for some softwares u will need to manually install from (menu>settings>app mgr> installed apps) and instal the softwares, ( for me all softwares was installed except i had to manually install garmin)

8.Sync ur phone with pc suite to get back ur contact.

after u have done the above you will probably only lose ur messages (if u choose phone memory as msg storage ).
other than that, u will also find ur phone memory is lesser than previous

i also might have found the reason behind shortcut bar missing in front screen. from my experienced ( i learned it the hardway TWICE!!) u must always disconnect ur phone from pc suite properly, do not just plug out the cable, thi is what causes the missing shortcut bar ( i faced this prob and also i found out some had the same prob while google-ing)

if u have mistakenly done this, you have no other solution other than hard resetting ur phone..
kindly follow step 1 to 8 from above to fix ur probs!

I hope the above might be handy to other tubers, And TS bro, u might wanna have this in FP.

Cheers,
Mixo
I also experienced this yesterday night, very frustrated.

As normal, I'm using Garmin to search for navigation. Suddenly there is a sms come in.
For normal step, I will check my sms by switchng the program. Who knows my phone hang for around 5 min just for the switching.
As I want to use Garmin for the navigation, I force it to shutdown (urgent meet up with my friends).

During restart, my phone hang on Nokia logo and shutdown automatically. Tried to restart for several times, useless.
End up, I have to change the simcard and use the other phone to contact with my friend!
Imagine if I have no spare phone with me, and all the cotanct is in my sim card.

I really cant deny 5800 is the best Nokia handphone that I ever had, but this phone is giveing so much problem compare to others!
I am thinking to change the phone if the problem comes out again in the future. Really unreliable!

boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

Normally battery will perform at its optimum after 2~3 complete charge.
I think it is too early for you to confirm the battery life..
boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

Yes, it's true, A-GPS will shorthen the time of getting lock. Speacially when you are in V30, it will take more to get lock (around 15~20min).

boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(nicks @ Oct 8 2009, 11:36 AM)
but if u in v21, time of getting lock really less than now.

p/s: when new Nokia 5800 navigator edition will been released on our market?
Yeap, agreed... V21 locking is much faster than V30 / V31.
boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(aaronlim @ Oct 8 2009, 01:17 PM)
hi boonpeng,

really v21 is faster?? i upgraded last week..seems faster in v31.

btw, i may not have many apps install in my phone.

i hv:
garmin
phone torch
profile scheduler
worldmate
banner
strobe
nite stand
y-browser
ovi-store apps

games - labyrinth, fifteen, bounce, RT GR, texas hold'em

:>

Added on October 8, 2009, 1:22 pm

carbonytte,

I do agree with u that ppl do ask as they owned a tube..many unsure abt the features avail of old model and new ones. I may check thru the box and also read the manual too when owning it. I'm first time owning a Nokia phone.

Ppl may tot it has the feature and when after buying the new tube, they trying and trying and some feature just don have..so they curious and ask lo.
Some more this thread is version 19 dah.. i think many ppl may not be able to read all. But simple advise is to read the first page of any new thread. there are summary of the tube.

i did check thru via google search.. the compass we don have in this tube. that is why i did not install too.

:>

Added on October 8, 2009, 1:24 pm

akkihiko,

i hate the nokia photo browser too. i do agree it is cool..but troublesome when using it.. i uninstall the apps already.

rgds.
I am not sure for others, but for my case, yes V21 locking is much faster compare to V30 / V31.
But for the the phone speed / resp[onsive, V30 / V31 is significant faster than V21.
boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Guys, anyone here have the magic trick as iphone application? Many of iphone applications are cool, just wonder if 5800 has it..
boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(carbonytte @ Oct 8 2009, 02:31 PM)
there's a lot. but u need to know where to look, in the first place biggrin.gif. some even went to the extent of controlling the whole interface using accelerometer (like Rock and Scroll).

nway : anyone mastered Rock and Scroll. usage seems a little tough~
Trying to google it for few days, really do not know how to seek for all those "cool" application..
And also the motion games, dont know where to seek those "good place"..
boonpeng
post Oct 8 2009, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(aaronlim @ Oct 8 2009, 04:50 PM)
hi boon peng,

when u say v21 locking, in what sense?

rgds.
Locking is the GPS locking
boonpeng
post Oct 9 2009, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

They are some other forum saying that playing n-gage is possible in 5800. But need to "ahem" 5800.

And the game also not many, due to keypad constraint

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0488sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:49 PM