Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

♥♪,Nokia 5800 XpressMusic a.k.a "TUBE" V19 ♥♪, V31 firmware through NSU!!!

views

arcalius_7
post Sep 16 2009, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(khew82 @ Sep 16 2009, 09:28 PM)
help....although i reinstalll the NSU...still the same....error in the half way....helpppp

[attachmentid=1201735]

Sorry...don know how to put the attachment.....
Helpp.....who face this before...
are you running NSU under Vista? try run NSU again as administrator..

This post has been edited by arcalius_7: Sep 16 2009, 09:50 PM
arcalius_7
post Sep 17 2009, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

just updated my firmware from v21..feels same as other ppl said bout the improvements. but rotating display still slow la.. ill hard reset this friday if its help..and good the thing is, i can play scrabble smoothly without stylus thumbup.gif..alarm oso got no problem..fuhh. so far no serious problem (after 30minute update.zlol)

all i can speculate just now is the nokia maybe plans to stabilize and tweak the phone performance first before implementing that kinetic thingy feature =x (finger crossed lol)..logic sense, who wants a feature rich phone with crappy performance rite?

arcalius_7
post Sep 17 2009, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(cplow1 @ Sep 17 2009, 09:20 AM)
guys, AP set can update firmware also?

my fren bought an AP set and the seller says tat AP cannot update, if wan update can bring bek the phone to him and he can help update with RM100 charge @@
That shop really wants to leech ur fren doh.gif..be careful there..with RM100 can pay 1month stimix bill la..even nokia oso offer free firmware update..haihh..

arcalius_7
post Sep 17 2009, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(moyong @ Sep 17 2009, 11:08 AM)
lolz but for epik case they don't cover the screen right?

so if put in pocket will the screen get scratched?
yups but put Screen protector la..im waiting the epikcase right not..too bad my phone dun have "baju raya" coz 3rd bulk will be arrive on 3rd/4th raya cry.gif..
arcalius_7
post Sep 18 2009, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

anyone here tried camera mod?
arcalius_7
post Sep 19 2009, 01:48 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

Guys, how long the hard reset run? it only takes a few minutes right? Previously when I was N-gage QD user, this reset would take around 5-10 minutes. I dun feel the 7370 code like a clean reformat coz it was very quick like a normal boot.lol
arcalius_7
post Sep 19 2009, 05:24 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(vandechrome @ Sep 19 2009, 01:58 AM)
how did u hard reset the tube?

press the 7370 or red+green+camera+on button?
i tried red+green+camera first then 7370..both really fast like booting the phone. but the content are same as the day i bought. Well, if really that fast, then I impressed lol!!. Since i've done both reset so its a full reset.haha. Ive to reset because i've messed up with camera sound hack and java installation..Myb I take it as a call and most members here advice reset after update the firmware. Now my phone got a tip top performance and I'm happy with this thumbup.gif
arcalius_7
post Sep 19 2009, 05:59 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

yeah, i tried to reinstall but suddenly all java apps lost T__T. so, I decided to reset. Ease of pain~
arcalius_7
post Sep 30 2009, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(Magician @ Sep 30 2009, 11:49 AM)
hi anyone can let me know how to improve the quality of camera or setting to shoot better photo.

cause i think it's too white and not too sharp for nokia 5800

and also i like to know if i update the firmware will it effect my other software or garmin a not

thanks
if you dare enough to try, go for modding camera here.

This post has been edited by arcalius_7: Sep 30 2009, 12:43 PM
arcalius_7
post Oct 2 2009, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

maybe the FP quite long too read hence they start typing for answer.lulz. but for me the FP are really useful. I dun have to crawl page by page searching the previously answered question. BTW good job to TS for starting longest thread in symbian phone area rclxms.gif
arcalius_7
post Oct 5 2009, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

or afraid they bricking their phone if they do that by themself..lulz xD
arcalius_7
post Oct 9 2009, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(zellleonhart @ Oct 7 2009, 11:20 AM)
My tubey's RAM after fresh startup is only 50mb, is it normal?
QUOTE(zellleonhart @ Oct 9 2009, 08:48 AM)
Erm sorry for asking *video codec* question again... I dunno where to ask this.

I converted some videos using mediacoder, the settings are:
MP4 XVid, 768 kbps, 640x360 resolution, 128kbps mp3

But no matter what type of video i play in my tube (be it a performance show or a anime) the video will lag after a period playing it. Not only one video, it's every video. It will lag somehow and if i pause it and continue playing it's be ok, but after a few moments it lags again.

Anyway to solve this? Or is there other settings/converter which can convert high quality but lagless video? So far mediacoder converts to a good quality but it lags... even in lower bitrate.

Thx in advance.
I also have this problem, when i check with handy taskman they're still running at the background eating my RAM.. How leh sifu?
QUOTE(Chyan @ Oct 9 2009, 09:26 AM)
I guess this could not be fixed. I also this problem. But it's not that annoying so I just leave it aside.
Besides mediacoder I use Xilisoft video converter ultimate (shareware) to encode to MPEG4, which works flawlessly and less skipping problems but you'll have to live with bigger file size. I tried H.264 numerous times using Xilisoft. Not working.

Well u can also try SUPER, but I don't like it.  laugh.gif
im using xilisoft too..maybe you have set frame rate same as source file. I tried converting new flash forward drama las week with this setting and it plays without skipping or lagging..for lagging maybe the video got low bitrate..

so far i dun have any success playing any rm or rmvb format.lags like hell doh.gif

anyone here have success hardsubbing the rm/rmvb files?
arcalius_7
post Oct 9 2009, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

for the bitrate i set to 1000..i tried 800 before but i cannot tahanla with pixelated here and there lol xD..the drama i convert before with 350mb size reduced around 300mb.quite ok la rite~

im quite confused with some place said that the tube can support wmv. i tried but only sound came out..zzz..afaik wmv also produce lower file size with good quality.

This post has been edited by arcalius_7: Oct 9 2009, 11:12 AM
arcalius_7
post Oct 9 2009, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

haha..gonna try again tomorrow..izzit the codec also reflect the file quality besides processor?
arcalius_7
post Oct 9 2009, 05:22 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

i tried using this virtual keypad also playing vbag..not really goodla..besides, our tube lacks multitouch..dats why n-gaging oso x possible unless nokia have sumthin to do about it (ngage game with touch screen supported ke)..play java game nowadays quite okla then before..im having fun playing uno n solitaire now..hehe

I wonder ar. when I backup entire files then format the MMC(via copy pasta to pc). then restore back to MMC, all my 20+ java games vanish T_T. shat happens when 1 of the folder corrupted . i dun wan to backup using pc suite coz the corrupted one will be included later. is there any file that hold info for java apps resides as hidden?
arcalius_7
post Oct 9 2009, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

+1 to you..its a matter of wan or not by the dev to implement it. i saw this game before but dun have interest..its like playing guitar heroes aite? will try later..sounds interesting to try tongue.gif ..

anyone here got custom equalizer to share rclxms.gif ? feels like current preset not enuff for me tongue.gif
arcalius_7
post Oct 9 2009, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

thanks mate!
gonna try it..
arcalius_7
post Oct 10 2009, 12:09 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

it all about frame rate setting..
ok bro, imagine a video with 23 fps. then you convert to mp4 with 25fps for example. with that setting, there will be more blank frame to add hence skipping occurs..it like you convert mp3 with 56kbps to 320kbps.wasted file size while the quality remains the same.

btw, i just realised that mediacoder are much better than xilisoft.lol..even subtitle also set the delay rclxms.gif .besides xilisoft kenot hardsub rm format (this 1 myb relate to my codec). n its free btw cool2.gif

This post has been edited by arcalius_7: Oct 10 2009, 12:14 AM
arcalius_7
post Oct 10 2009, 12:23 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(zellleonhart @ Oct 10 2009, 12:13 AM)
Hmm im converting to the original fps... btw is 1200kbps or 1500kbps  too high for our tube so there's lag there?
i wan very high quality but it seems my tube cannot cope with it..
Actually it can play almost 99% smoothly even with high bitrate but the 1% lagging time (it lags for 1 sec only then back to normal) kinda pisses me off... Im sort of a perfectionist  sad.gif
wah even 1% oso kenot tolerate ka..spend some time la to tweak the codec setting on converter..hehe.and during convert, try to close other programs since they can interrupt your processor to work. just my 2cent to share.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0368sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2022 - 04:43 PM