Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ipoh to K. Trengganu, Anyone used the road before?

views

TSipohmali70
post Sep 14 2009, 11:48 AM, updated 12y ago

Regular
1,133 posts

Is the road open from Gua Musang to Kuala Berang leading to KT. Anyone tried this route before? Condition?

I know Ipoh- Cameron- Gua Musang is ready but dunno the condition.

Going to KT this week.

This post has been edited by ipohmali70: Sep 14 2009, 11:49 AM
accitzone
post Sep 14 2009, 11:50 AM

Casual
357 posts

ipoh - batang kali - genting highland - bentong - LPT - KT
michael9413
post Sep 14 2009, 11:54 AM

***@[email protected]***
6,963 posts

i heard from my fren that Gua Musang is nearer... smile.gif
ok ok... but at nite very dark...
khutaibah
post Sep 14 2009, 11:56 AM

0 posts

It takes about 4-5 hours... I only use once last year from k.t to ipoh... That time it is 90% completed, so got lot of lencongan here n there... I'm not sure now... But for sure it got very nice view from Tasik Kenyir
ahsam1212
post Sep 14 2009, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

beware of cows....
khuirene
post Sep 14 2009, 12:38 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(ahsam1212 @ Sep 14 2009, 12:24 PM)
beware of cows....
no cows along tasik kenyir but there will be boars...
iXora.ix
post Sep 14 2009, 02:54 PM

scoot scoot
1,441 posts

at kful of boars and gajah == try to avoid driving after 12.. emergency kalu.. habis...
alvinz
post Sep 14 2009, 02:59 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

as far as i know, no cows at that area ... but elephant need to beware, they lepak in packs and doesnt care about cars, if they block just wait for them to go away or give light honk ... don flash light, might scare them ...
thats wat i hear from my uncle ... he never mention about the road though...
iXora.ix
post Sep 14 2009, 03:02 PM

scoot scoot
1,441 posts

agree bro.. MAKE SURE DUN HIGHLIGHT THEM... sure chase u back.. mostly they will lepak on the road...got case last time.. traffic jam another 30km to reach gua musang. wonder got accident or what.. suddenly the lorry drive said.. got 5 to 6 gajah lepak on the road.. in the end.. we stop there about 2 hours.. manage to sleep.. haha
Are_keem
post Sep 14 2009, 03:39 PM

I'm riders, not rempit
2,123 posts

last time I passed through the newly opened cameron - gua musang road,
near Pos Brooke there got landslide one. near half of the 4-lane roads gone sweat.gif
the road on mountain top one mostly had been damaged doh.gif
but I think it's ok la to use that road, make sure don't pass through the road after 12 since the surrounding condition shakehead.gif
TSipohmali70
post Sep 14 2009, 04:40 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(accitzone @ Sep 14 2009, 11:50 AM)
ipoh - batang kali -  genting highland - bentong - LPT - KT
I know this route but I think that's a 10 hour drive... Way to long for me...

Added on September 14, 2009, 4:42 pm
QUOTE(alvinz @ Sep 14 2009, 02:59 PM)
as far as i know, no cows at that area ... but elephant need to beware, they lepak in packs and doesnt care about cars, if they block just wait for them to go away or give light honk ... don flash light, might scare them ...
thats wat i hear from my uncle ... he never mention about the road though...
Yes I've stumbled onto a pack of wild elephants too but they were ambling along by the side of the road of East West highway. Gotta be careful of them.

Added on September 14, 2009, 4:43 pmSo you guys can confirm that GM - K Berang can jalan already?

Do I need a 4WD? Or a normal car will do?

This post has been edited by ipohmali70: Sep 14 2009, 04:43 PM
michael9413
post Sep 14 2009, 04:48 PM

***@[email protected]***
6,963 posts

my fren using Kenari woh... duno... i think on April or May he drive thru that road... 1 person and almost 8... damn dark...
alvinz
post Sep 14 2009, 04:51 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

no need 4wd gua .. normal economy car can jor lo ... well i cant comment much since i dont know .. is it under PLUS highway? .. if yes maybe u can give PLUS a call for enquiry ...
prospeed_ballz
post Sep 14 2009, 05:26 PM

Casual
347 posts

ipoh-gua musang-kuala berang-kuala terengganu.........

i used this road in june 2009 when going for holiday but was going back to ipoh. it tooks around 6 to 7 hours from kuala terengganu to ipoh with 1 hour rest at gua musang. journey from KT to Kuala Berang is easy. just follow the road sign. after kuala berang head to tasik kenyir (also follow the road sign). reaching tasik kenyir area you will see road sign directing you to gua musang/ipoh (cant remember the sign). from here onward is the tricky part. from what i heard this road are not open to public yet (from what i heard in june). but you can still use this road only that there are no road sign, no kilometre sign, no development, no house, no village..........nothing. just road and trees.............the road is good.....no bumping and potholes. and network service could come and go. drive through this road for about 2 to 3 hours (i think) at the end of the road there will be some road construction and you will end up inside a palm oil estate. drive through this oil palm estate to main road. when you reach the main road turn left to go to gua musang or right to kuala krai/kota bharu. forgot to tell, the road in the estate is poorly maintain due to the heavy mechineries used for the estate and road construction.

my advise if you wanna use this road make sure your car is well maintain and use this road during day time. not many people know this road i think coz i only passed 4 to 6 cars during the 3 hours drive along the tasik kenyir road.

i forgot the name of the oil palm estate but if you are from gua musang, 20km after gua musang there is a rest stop. can try ask there......
alvinz
post Sep 14 2009, 05:31 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

prospeed_ballz, good info and thanks for sharing ... hehe .. now i know how to go KT from Ipoh .. haha
TSipohmali70
post Sep 14 2009, 05:45 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(prospeed_ballz @ Sep 14 2009, 05:26 PM)
ipoh-gua musang-kuala berang-kuala terengganu.........
i used this road in june 2009 when going for holiday but was going back to ipoh.  it tooks around 6 to 7 hours from kuala terengganu to ipoh with 1 hour rest at gua musang.  journey from KT to Kuala Berang is easy.  just follow the road sign.  after kuala berang head to tasik kenyir (also follow the road sign).  reaching tasik kenyir area you will see road sign directing you to gua musang/ipoh (cant remember the sign).  from here onward is the tricky part.  from what i heard this road are not open to public yet (from what i heard in june).  but you can still use this road only that there are no road sign, no kilometre sign, no development, no house, no village..........nothing. just road and trees.............the road is good.....no bumping and potholes.  and network service could come and go.  drive through this road for about 2 to 3 hours (i think) at the end of the road there will be some road construction and you will end up inside a palm oil estate.  drive through this oil palm estate to main road. when you reach the main road turn left to go to gua musang or right to kuala krai/kota bharu.  forgot to tell, the road in the estate is poorly maintain due to the heavy mechineries used for the estate and road construction.

my advise if you wanna use this road make sure your car is well maintain and use this road during day time.  not many people know this road i think coz i only passed 4 to 6 cars during the 3 hours drive along the tasik kenyir road.

i forgot the name of the oil palm estate but if you are from gua musang, 20km after gua musang there is a rest stop. can try ask there......
OMG Have to pass thru oil palm estate kah??? Better not drive at night then.

I was analysing googlemaps (which is not updated) and can see a road #1744 (also known as Jalan Felda Aring) but it ends at Kenyir Lake at its easternmost terminal. I assume that there is now a new road connecting the end of this existing road to K Berang which from the map scale is only about 60km away as the crow flies.

I think best that from either GM or KB make sure petrol at fulltank and tyres inflated properly. I assume no gas stations along the way. Also to buy some bread/drinks/water before attempting the stretch in case sangkut. Help would be a long time coming! (CHOY!!! CHOY!!! TAI KAT LAI SEE!)

In the drive through the oil palm estate what is the condition of the road? Full tarmac or dirt road? Whats a reasonable & safe vehicle speed? Would the road bog down in rain? Is a 4WD necessary or preferable?

Tks prospeed for the road review!

Added on September 14, 2009, 5:49 pmIn my upcoming trip I will make a road review with photos of landmarks and references and post it here.

This post has been edited by ipohmali70: Sep 14 2009, 06:01 PM
cheangck
post Sep 14 2009, 09:40 PM

23 posts

From Ipoh u make ur way to CH vis Simpang Pulai.. After CH u will head toward Gua Musang. After Gua Musang head towards (Kota Baru)Kg Aring.. Its about 15 minutes from Gua Musang. Small sign onli.. U can miss it..On ur right. From there will be small sign board heading towards Kuala Berang/Taman Negara. Problem is tat when I drove tat time part of the road was close n a new slip road through oil palm estate.. Damn scary cos u are always in doubt are u in the right road.. I was using GPS on my PDA phone using mapking with map from Malsing.com.. It show the road at Tasik Kenyir. Sp once u reach Tasik Kenyir then u will be alright cos from there is sign board towards Kuala Berang n KT.. So the most difficult part is finding Kg Aring.. Drive day time and u can find Kg people n ask ur way. Fill up at Gua Musang so tat u dun get stuck.. Hehehe I was having Teh Tarik in the oil palm estate having a rest but tis raya period u may b alone..
So have fun..
Are_keem
post Sep 14 2009, 09:54 PM

I'm riders, not rempit
2,123 posts

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Sep 14 2009, 05:45 PM)
OMG Have to pass thru oil palm estate kah???  Better not drive at night then. 

I was analysing googlemaps (which is not updated) and can see a road #1744 (also known as Jalan Felda Aring) but it ends at Kenyir Lake at its easternmost terminal.  I assume that there is now a new road connecting the end of this existing road to K Berang which from the map scale is only about 60km away as the crow flies. 

I think best that from either GM or KB make sure petrol at fulltank and tyres inflated properly.  I assume no gas stations along the way.  Also to buy some bread/drinks/water before attempting the stretch in case sangkut.  Help would be a long time coming! (CHOY!!! CHOY!!! TAI KAT LAI SEE!)

In the drive through the oil palm estate what is the condition of the road?  Full tarmac or dirt road?  Whats a reasonable & safe vehicle speed?  Would the road bog down in rain?  Is a 4WD necessary or preferable?

Tks prospeed for the road review!
yes, that palm oil estate is called Felda Aring. before reaching Gua Musang, you will spot Elephant Sanctuary (but forgot on your left or right).
the distance from K. Berang to Gua Musang is not more than 200km, which is not a big deal for car (my friend had rode his bike alone on that road few months back sweat.gif ). 4WD is not necessary la, since it's not a typical palm oil estate road like we always watch on TV. if you had passed through Jerangau - Jabor highway before (err.. should we called it a highway? doh.gif ), then it's almost the same. just that the road is not as nice as federal road, no housing area, kampung or whatsoever until you reach Felda Aring.
Are_keem
post Sep 14 2009, 10:00 PM

I'm riders, not rempit
2,123 posts

for you TS, I found this picts somewhere in the net. it shows some part of K.Berang to that Elephant Sanctuary one (distance about 80km from K.Berang town)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

what a niceeee scenery meh notworthy.gif

user posted image

there's some part of the road like this, but only on 2-3 places and the distance of each of the broken part is under 50m

p/s : sorry for the large image size, lazy to resize since I just copy pasta them tongue.gif
prospeed_ballz
post Sep 14 2009, 10:17 PM

Casual
347 posts

felda sg aring..........thats it.......only now remember..........dont forget to visit the elephant estuary.........from GM it will be on your left side......the view along the road is beautiful......plus the good road condition you wont feel time pass by while you driving along the road.......

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th February 2021 - 10:07 AM