5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

◙PROTON PERSONA◙ V6, our pride n joy

views

dARKaNGEl
post Sep 15 2009, 01:06 AM

Just another helping hand
1,368 posts

I was away for near to 3 weeks. before i left the country, my car still had slightly more than half tank of Ron97 Primax3 left. Drove until low fuel indicator light lid up, only covered 387km.

Then i go pump Shell Ron95. First time trying Ron95. Pumped rm70 and now, i still got more than 1 quarter tank left and i already travelled 360km. Seems like Ron95 does give me more mileage. Can also feel that it has more power as compared to Ron97. Can feel the difference right after fill up with Ron95 biggrin.gif
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 24 2009, 11:45 PM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(eMeRiTuS @ Sep 21 2009, 11:36 AM)
HELLO Personaians....

already v8 dohs..huuu...

want to regester my self, just got my Persona SE (brialiant RED) 2 weeks before Hari Raya..
now clocking 1700 km.. no problem so far.. huuu.... rclxms.gif

hey.. i got across another forum back there..
they said lakatoo GPS can be installed with GARMIN...?
and it's true..just dun know how to do it though....
anybody would be give me a hand on this.....
pleaseeee......... notworthy.gif
QUOTE(smokey @ Sep 24 2009, 10:07 PM)
is the GPS running on WinCE platform? if yes, then u can install Garmin Mobile XT...
im guessing that it should be running on WinCE...
QUOTE(ruztynail @ Sep 24 2009, 11:23 PM)
tats why. anyone here know how to crack the hardware? i wana install garmin. the one installed not user friendly..
I don't know which forum you read it from. I search hard also and all forums i read say cannot use garmin on our lokatoo device. Honestly, since i got my Persona SE 3 months ago, i have never used the GPS given coz i read bad reviews/feedback on it.
If can install Garmin, that will be best. Hope some1 here knows and willing to teach.

btw, which forum you read it from? maybe we can ask the people there.
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 25 2009, 11:13 AM

1,368 posts

i found these links on using Garmin Mobile XT on WinCE 5.0 and tried very hard last night until 5am... but just couldn't get it to work sad.gif

http://www.flyingspaghettimonster.com/showthread.php?t=293772

http://www.flyingspaghettimonster.com/archive/index.php/t-293772.html

Maybe it's easier to just get the service of this person to load it in for us.
http://mysecondhandpc.blogspot.com/
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 25 2009, 12:12 PM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(smokey @ Sep 25 2009, 11:36 AM)
i can do that too...if u dont mind, u can borrow me to test...im in KL btw...
I think the key to get it work if to first need to understand how this lokatoo executes the application. There's a txt file in the SD card that puts the path of the first executable of the nagivation system when we click the Navigation button on it. After that, I believe the program will read its config file etc in the folder for operation.

Tried changing the path to point to the different executables for the Garmin Mobile XT, but the screen just pops up a while and gone and there will be few beep sound before it goes off.
sigh.. don't know much bout wince and gps stuffs.

perhaps can just give you try. best if you can make it work nod.gif
i'm in PJ. see when you free, we meet up and i pass to you for testing la if you want. you can PM me your contact.
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 25 2009, 12:17 PM

1,368 posts

just realize this forum changed my link to flyingspagettimonster....

here.

Attached Image
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 26 2009, 11:04 AM

1,368 posts

mine is persona SE. i don't think persona se should be lowered anymore. coz even now, i feel the front bumper with the bodykit is quite low and i can see many scratches beneath it. everytime now going down a slow or going through a bumper i need to be slow to avoid road contact with it...
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 27 2009, 02:37 AM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(Xefron @ Sep 27 2009, 12:54 AM)
yours is blue haze or brilliant red ?thinking of buying a persona.not sure whether to opt for medium line or SE.i love black but too bad SE only offers in blue haze and brilliant red.Already compared the interior between SE and medium line,the one with leather is tempting and too bad the one with fabrics the pattern is like a zebra skin  shakehead.gif
mine is haze blue. i seem to see more of this colour than brilliant red on the road now. The colour is a bit like a colour the new bmw 3 series has hahaha. quite like it.
i was also considering between a H-Line before i bought it. After that, seeing the leather interior of the SE, the bodykit, the dashboard lights, the cruise control, i was poisoned on buying the SE.
Finally decided to just get the SE because the 3 thousand plus extra seems to be worthwhile. Moreover, since I will be using this car for at least a few years or many more years, I might as well get the best in the range and I can afford the extra 3k plus too.

medium line is fine too, just that i like rear disc brakes. looks more sporty and appealing to me, especially when using sports rim haha.
of course u get the double airbag, remote trunk release etc too if you get a high line or SE.

thought of changing the rims to something more expensive and nice. but after more thoughts, i will just stick to it for a year or 2 until it get some scratches or not that nice anymore. sport rim trade in value, they dont really care much if it's new or used anyway.
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 29 2009, 08:34 PM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(seongmeng @ Sep 29 2009, 01:23 PM)
my fuel pedal vibrating on 80 -90 km/h, anyone experienced this? How to solve?
QUOTE(KKW @ Sep 29 2009, 01:33 PM)
same problem here..
what is the problem ar?
but around 110KM/h I cant feel the vibrating anymore
QUOTE(spikey2506 @ Sep 29 2009, 03:32 PM)
The vibration problem is actually between 2K-3K rpm. My foot is used to it dy.
i complained the same thing to the SC. They checked and say nothing wrong. Then say it could be because around 2600rpm, that's where the power of the engine comes in.
anyhow, i went to do balancing for my tyres and now the vibration is minimal although still can be felt.

dARKaNGEl
post Sep 30 2009, 12:17 AM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(roiss @ Sep 29 2009, 11:40 PM)
Hooray! I've successfully installed Garmin Mobile XT for my Lokatoo unit!  biggrin.gif
you did yourself?
but garmin on the A900 is laggy because garmin recommends to have 256 memory
Papago is smoother
dARKaNGEl
post Sep 30 2009, 07:31 PM

1,368 posts

i also paid to get the garmin and papago installed.
haiya, so late only post the steps to install it. nvm la, still think very worth it rather than buying a new gps device.
dARKaNGEl
post Oct 5 2009, 11:48 AM

1,368 posts

screeching sound? can it be the brakes are not properly released and still touching the disc?

is your ride lowered? maybe the car tyre touching the chassis?
dARKaNGEl
post Oct 8 2009, 01:29 AM

1,368 posts

Sigh, my internal center roof lamp just died. My car is not even 4 months old, already died. Really low quality. I only put it to the middle position where it will light up everytime open the doors.

Wonder is it the bulb or something else. Guess i need to ask them to check/replace during my 3rd service soon. Is this covered by warranty or is this considered normal wear and tear parts?

oh btw, i also just installed and tested the Papago X3 on my A900. Works ok.

Thanks to roiss for sharing the instructions!
dARKaNGEl
post Oct 12 2009, 01:40 AM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(ralf @ Oct 10 2009, 10:33 PM)
update on FC record

total distance: 309.2km
FC meter: 10.4L/100km
route: 100% penang town driving
amount: rm65
fuel: shell ron95
real world calculation: rm0.21
mileage till to date: 38k km

yawn.gif  yawn.gif
well, probably becoz it's 100% town driving.
Now i using Caltex ron95. Pumped rm70, and my distance travelled so far is 450km. still haven't empty yet. reckon can go another 20km i guess. but i'm driving LDP highway most of the time.

QUOTE(loong2020 @ Oct 10 2009, 11:27 PM)
wow going to 40k d..mine 40340km up to date...and i feel the FC is getting better compare to 10k-30k mileage.... laugh.gif
btw hw is shell's fuel on persona???.....i jz use esso/caltex/bhp so far....still prefer caltex coz acceleration more quieter and smoother... laugh.gif
loong, after change to Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil, is there noticeable difference in terms of FC for you?

QUOTE(shamsul_LP @ Oct 11 2009, 12:10 AM)
My sis want ot buy Persona SE...what is the cheaper interest can get for Proton car...Area Kulim or Penang...someone can help?? icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
When i bought my car in June, the rates for ALL the banks are the same. 3.55% for 5 years and 3.65% for 7 years.
dARKaNGEl
post Oct 22 2009, 12:55 AM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(alt3ch @ Oct 22 2009, 12:17 AM)
I think they didnt give me the manual book, i only have the radio manual, safe tinted, master guard & gps. Cant find any manual about that...
the things you stated is indeed not the manual book. go back and ask for it.
the manual book is quite comprehensive and it has answers to all the questions you raised earlier.
dARKaNGEl
post Nov 3 2009, 11:36 PM

1,368 posts

hey Personarians.

Did you read the interview with Datuk Syed Zainal?
He says that there will be a new Persona model by year 2012 and it will be their global car model. It will also be designed by Italian. What do you all think about this?

I hope they can get things right and hopefully by then Persona will be a car many would be proud owning it (not that I'm not proud owning 1 now tongue.gif)
If really desirable, wonder how much i can fetch if i want to trade in my current persona then haha
dARKaNGEl
post Nov 4 2009, 09:56 AM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(chteh0721 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:44 PM)
agree with your point, if i have enough money i would never considered buying our beloved national car. hopefully this new car won't increase my blood pressure haha.

I'm going to tint my car, plan to go for eco-tint, anyone using eco-tint for their persona here ?

Anyone complaint all these problem to proton directly ? what's their feedback ? or perhaps should we write a petition to demand proton solve all these problems ?
I use 3M Crystaline 70 for my whole car. It's good. Really can feel the difference and it's worthwhile me paying rm1800 for it. I think Eco-tint should be ok. See many cars using it, even beemers use it. So should be good.
dARKaNGEl
post Nov 4 2009, 11:36 AM

1,368 posts

QUOTE(2fast2furious @ Nov 4 2009, 11:16 AM)
We have seen a lot of Campro engines having Bolt on Turbo. I noticed most of the Bolt On Turbo (BOT) is on earlier Campro engines and Campro CPS engines.

So what about Campro IAFM engines?
maybe can just take out the IAFM module and install a BOT like any other Campro engine.

There's a seller in garage sales selling a "mini turbo". anyone here tried that? Mind to share experience? It's claiming can improve pick up and lower FC...
dARKaNGEl
post Nov 6 2009, 11:51 AM

1,368 posts

my gears have been changing around the region of 3k-4k rpm tongue.gif. able to get 400km and above. max so far 470km. driving mostly on LDP and ELITE.
dARKaNGEl
post Nov 12 2009, 12:11 AM

1,368 posts

i using caltex techron 95 all the way now.

yeah, i also would appreciate if someone can show how to DIY to connect the Aux input with a cable with some pictures.
dARKaNGEl
post Nov 18 2009, 10:59 AM

1,368 posts

why do u need magnatrap for rm68 for?

the battery water, bulb room lamp and screen washer is a rip off.
I also recently changed my bulb room lamp @10k service and mine was rm5.xx. why the difference in price?

outside i bought a bulb for the room lamp and only cost me rm2. but it burned again, that's y i brought to the sc for them to check up if it was due to wiring or some other thing. they order the entire room lamp socket to change for me.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0783sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:46 PM