Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> GP batteries

views

leoskyangel
post Aug 27 2009, 11:45 PM

49 posts

Hello everyone...

how r u guys doing?

I would recommend maha (powerex) too for u...it will definitely suits every kind needs of urs...because it can stand the harsh and heavy use of speedlight.....

this is my own experience..i am a heavy user of speedlight (im using sb900)..meaning..i usually shoot rapid+continuously...and therefore..the battery never disappoints me...it last long!! apart from that...even i didnt use the batter for a week..its still containts 80-70% of its power.

now, i never hv any experience with GP batteries...so i don't know how strong it is..but before ths...ive used sony rechargeable batteries....at first i bought 4 of them...and oh my..how fast the juice dried...then i bought 4 more, followed by another 4 because they easily ran out of power

Do u know louis pang(he's one of the example)?..he's a pro photographer from malaysia..if u went to the last KLPF in midvalley, im sure u'll know him. take a look at this website
http://www.louispang.com/page/2/
..take a look at how many maha(powerex) recharegeble battery he&the other pro Mr. McNally own..remember..they're pro

Apart from that, the maha(powerex) battery charger have ths function where it can 'revive' the battery called conditioning....meaning..it will fully charge the battery...then deep-discharge and again recharge the batteries...

But in terms of "whether its expensive or not"..ill leave u to judge....

Thanks...im not a pro...but just sharing my experience..please don't condemned me..

thank u
leoskyangel
post Aug 28 2009, 12:44 AM

49 posts

Hi there again..

well...u can try to buy it at camera shops as maha(powerex) is tend for speedlight usage...

where r u staying??..its best if u buy+search photography gear at shops that specially provide the right kind of gear...

to me..fotokem...shangri-la and other too commercial shops is not that good...try to ask pros....they usually shop at shops that we never heard of...bcos these shops only known among the pros...why?..im not sure why...but i know these shops provide better range of products...they even provide good discounts for avid photographer..

if u'r staying in KL...head for 'international service centre' in 'pertama complex' or 'YL camera service" at 'pudu plaza'.

Just to remind u.....there r two kinds of batteries from maha..one is imedion and the other is powerex....imedion is the latest one. I actually not sure about the main difference between ths two..but from the writings...imedion is 2100mAh while powerex is 2700mAH...not so sure what these figures mean..but when i ask some friends...they said..powerex is good for heavy use..thats all i know..and im using powerex..

hmm..im sorry..to answer ur question about the charger..i really not so sure myself

and believe me..that battery case like our friend "soulfly" mentioned earlier...really comes in handy..

i know my comments tend to support the pros..but to me...i prefer to see what they used..and if its good...ill use it too..

Thanks..and again..these r just my opinions and experience..pls dont condemned me....discuss pls..

leoskyangel
post Aug 28 2009, 01:40 AM

49 posts

Hello everyone..

Bro Scorgio
-...ur comment was taken with grace...thanks..
but really..each time my speedlight flashes...the red-ready-bulb on my speedlight always light [email protected]@1 seconds after that....its like so fast...

and hence..in terms of my usage...i take rapid+continuous shots...my speedlight always follow my shutter...meaning..my speedlight flashes continously (but in a blinking way of course)..

but from what u'r trying to explain..i have no other words to add as ur explanation is a bit deep to me..maybe other members would like to add

Sis lildaredevil906
-well..it all depends on u..if u think the energizer batteries that u already own serves u well..why not get the same brand?...im not urging u to buy maha(powerex) of course..its a just a recommendation and based on my experience...
plus..ive always been told that...its not good to use different brands at once..this is to keep the device polarity..
but before i own 4 batteries from same brand..i sometimes did use different brands at once...so im not so sure the real answer for this one. Maybe other members can add

Im not trying to be [email protected] here...

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Aug 28 2009, 02:14 AM
leoskyangel
post Aug 28 2009, 06:50 PM

49 posts

Hello everyone...

hope u guys r doing well....

To Bro Marsupilami

QUOTE(leoskyangel @ Aug 28 2009, 12:44 AM)
Hi there again..

well...u can try to buy it at camera shops as maha(powerex) is tend for speedlight usage...

where r u staying??..its best if u buy+search photography gear at shops that specially provide the right kind of gear...

to me..fotokem...shangri-la and other too commercial  shops is not that good...try to ask pros....they usually shop at shops that we never heard of...bcos these shops only known among the pros...why?..im not sure why...but i know these shops provide better range of products...they even provide good discounts for avid photographer..

if u'r staying in KL...head for 'international service centre' in 'pertama complex' or 'YL camera service" at 'pudu plaza'.

Just to remind u.....there r two kinds of batteries from maha..one is imedion and the other is powerex....imedion is the latest one. I actually not sure about the main difference between ths two..but from the writings...imedion is 2100mAh while powerex is 2700mAH...not so sure what these figures mean..but when i ask some friends...they said..powerex is good for heavy use..thats all i know..and im using powerex..

hmm..im sorry..to answer ur question about the charger..i really not so sure myself

and believe me..that battery case like our friend "soulfly" mentioned earlier...really comes in handy..

i know my comments tend to support the pros..but to me...i prefer to see what they used..and if its good...ill use it too..

Thanks..and again..these r just my opinions and experience..pls dont condemned me....discuss pls..

Added on August 28, 2009, 6:58 pm
QUOTE(Apis_LuaLua @ Aug 28 2009, 06:06 AM)
hi all..

i want to ask u guys help..

i m using sony dsc h5 and just bought a GP recyko batt to operate the camera. after charge it for the 1st time for 6hrs.. i start using it, but its so disappointed to see it can only take 20+ shots before its totally dried.

Its that the batt doesnt suitable for my H5 or something else?

The batt rating is 2050mah, i have heard somewhere that it need higher capacity but is that (20+ shots) the max it can do? i doubt it.

Hope anyone can response. thx
To Apis_LuaLua...

about ur case..there might be two problems..either its ur camera..or its ur battery....

first thing..before u jump into searching for problems with ur camera..i suggest u try to use other rechargeable battery...theres no need to buy a new one..
see how it went and try to compare its performance with ur GP batteries....

Apart from that.....why dont u try ur camera with normal alkaline batteries?...i mean...not the rechargeable batteries...and see how it went as well....

If the same problem still occur..well..i believe..its ur camera....just like bro "marsupilami" said..

another suggestion would be try to google the net...find people who use the same camera as urs...and discuss whether the face similar problems..

Hope these helps..

This post has been edited by leoskyangel: Aug 28 2009, 07:03 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    1.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2020 - 09:21 PM