Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Buy at Amazon, Deliver into Malaysia., Is not possible for us ?

views

redkop63
post May 30 2013, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

USPS has increased their shipping fees substantially earlier this year. The shipping fees from US to Malaysia can possibly be higher than the item(s) itself. It will be helpful to ask the seller what will be the shipping fee to Malaysia while it could be cheaper to get elsewhere or even in Malaysia itself.
redkop63
post May 30 2013, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(AmmoShaf @ May 29 2013, 10:18 PM)
wow, will be buying some phone back case from ebay, scared the shipping fees is too high and not worth it. the case only cost around $23.

here it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-UAG-Samsung-Ga...=item61d169b82a
How many you'll be buying in total? Is it made of plastic? Customs do impose tax on plastic related items, moreso if it is brought into Malaysia in big volume as anything plastic is deemed to be able to be produced locally. One or two pieces for personal use I think it's ok. As my earlier post highlighted that the USPS has upped its shipping rates early this year and purchase less that 600gm the shipping fes will be at least USD 20.00 flat and on 1st class international shipping without tracking no and without insurance. Therefore, it may be helpful to buy some other stuffs that made up to less than 600gm to leverage on the shipping fees.

If you're buying only 1 phone back case, you'll most probably have to pay as much for the shipping fees. Isn't it available locally? Low Yat Plaza may have something that fits your needs? I'm not a seller, so don't worry I;m not trying to do sales here, just sharing what I know ablut the shipping fees from US.

This post has been edited by redkop63: May 30 2013, 10:11 AM
redkop63
post May 30 2013, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(AmmoShaf @ May 30 2013, 10:51 AM)
I'll only buy 2 units for my own use. Currently the case is not available in Malaysia, i also checked many top shops in KL and also at LYN garage sales. One more thing, previously forumer here had done bulk order from US and i tried to ask him about the process, fees and etc, sadly he is no replying. The case is made from rubber and hard plastic if i'm not mistaken. From what you said, minimum fees for this 2 items will be $20 which equals to RM60 right? other than this fees and price of that casing, is there any fees that i need to pay?
I'd believe 2 pcs for your own use should be ok, you won't get taxed not that you are buying a big box of the same thing, then Pak Custom will deem that you're buying it and selling later for profit. If pak custom hauled you up just say u need an extra pc in case it gets damage again. If you buy from ebay, the seller will charge you the "all in price" and nothing else, in your case I'd believe you're quite safe from pak custom, the purchase is for own use.

You may have to timbang the 2-pcs of back cases and sees what weight it comes to, if still way short of 600gm just look-see look-see whether you needed anything else from the same seller, or maybe you can ask your frens or family members anything they need to spread out the shipping fees. Hope my points here helps.

This post has been edited by redkop63: May 30 2013, 11:07 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:28 PM