Sealsmaster
post Aug 9 2009, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

The glass vial, will it easily scrapped or damage? sweat.gif
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 9 2009, 09:42 PM

37 posts

Nope. Tried dropping it also it didn't damage because the plastic tube is thick enough to protect it. In fact the shopkeeper he himself is using 2 units with handphone & flashlight he always drop his things sweat.gif but the Nite glowring is still working excellent cool2.gif . If you take hammer to hit it then its a different case. tongue.gif
Nightstalker1993
post Aug 10 2009, 02:10 AM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

i see that you have a glowinc keychain. if you guys bring in the paint/powder itself then i'd be interested tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Nightstalker1993: Aug 10 2009, 02:13 AM
strinq
post Aug 10 2009, 03:48 PM

PhD in Philosophy of Head Damages
602 posts

Just sent you a pm about tritium vials.
Would be great if you can bring in just the vials so that we can DIY the vials to our items like flashlights etc.
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 10 2009, 04:20 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Aug 10 2009, 02:10 AM)
i see that you have a glowinc keychain. if you guys bring in the paint/powder itself then i'd be interested tongue.gif
Paint will spill if bring it in, very risky as each bottle is seriously not cheap. Powder lol custom will think its drug sure get seized.

QUOTE(strinq @ Aug 10 2009, 03:48 PM)
Just sent you a pm about tritium vials.
Would be great if you can bring in just the vials so that we can DIY the vials to our items like flashlights etc.
Will have to see on my boss whether want to bring it in to sell. Also just getting this DIY tritium vials alone are equal (very small ones) or more expensive than the Nite Glowring. We will see.....cant promise anything at the moment. biggrin.gif
terrysoh
post Aug 10 2009, 05:01 PM

Regular
1,145 posts

brought a Glowring a couple of days ago from the shop. quite satisfied with it, hehe...

its not very bright but i like it being very unique and doesnt need to be charge.
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 10 2009, 11:44 PM

37 posts

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it wont be super bright but hey at least you can find ur stuff in the dark, no charging needed too. smile.gif
Watta??
post Aug 11 2009, 06:38 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

is the trit vials easy to break?
i feel like getting 1 and hang it on my handphone..
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 11 2009, 10:49 AM

37 posts

Nope. As i mentioned in a few post back i bought a trit keychain a couple of months back but the plastic tube is much thinner than this Nite glowring hang it with my flashlight drop several times yet still working fine. This Nite glowring tube is much thicker than what i have so it will protect it much better, it wont break so easily unless you drop it several floors or hit it with a hammer. icon_idea.gif
Watta??
post Aug 11 2009, 06:26 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

oh.. great..
now i'll have to save up for em before i can get em..
strinq
post Aug 11 2009, 06:59 PM

PhD in Philosophy of Head Damages
602 posts

That's good to hear.
I really think the vials would be popular cuz u suddenly can put it anywhere, handphone, flashlight, favourite keychains, watch etc etc.
but what you say is true, its pricey.
But maybe you can get it really cheap? tongue.gif
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 11 2009, 09:37 PM

37 posts

Agree on the usefulness but too many sizes & colours, difficult and costly to carry all in stock. Really cheap i think china have but quality sucks (correct me if i am wrong smile.gif ), this stuff still better to get from US or UK at least quality is up to the standard although it be pricey.

This post has been edited by gadgetworld2u: Aug 11 2009, 09:48 PM
Andy0625
post Aug 11 2009, 09:48 PM

Certified Newbie
3,906 posts

Free bump for a great stuff !
civic98
post Aug 13 2009, 01:39 AM

Regular
1,255 posts

Cool stuff here. If only I could get some tubes to replace those on my watch. Anyway Tritium has a half life of approximately 12 years, which means it will only glow half the brightness it does on the first day. And day by day it dims as it turns into Helium, but not much noticeable till its a few years. Just for info.

FYI also, all colors glows the same, just that our eyesight captures green better.
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 14 2009, 01:17 AM

37 posts

Thanks for the input. Managed to find a chart to explain the lifespan of these tritium. The % at the y-axis indicated the brightness after the number of years at the x-axis.

user posted image

Source Link: http://www.dievaswatches.com/technology/tr...LSlifespan.html

This post has been edited by gadgetworld2u: Aug 14 2009, 01:20 AM
pristine
post Aug 14 2009, 11:29 PM

junkie
2,808 posts

out of curiosity, is this thing legal here? i read somewhere that it's illegal for sale in the US. of course this isn't the US, but i'm just curious. =D
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 15 2009, 01:00 AM

37 posts

Hi fren, some info for you. smile.gif

U.S Regulation:
Quoted from source: The United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) requires any person to have a license to manufacture, process, produce or transfer products containing tritium. Devices containing high levels of tritium must be handled and disposed of within the requirements of the NRC license and regulations.

Source: http://www.dep.state.pa.us/brp/Radiation_C...ion/Tritium.htm

Wal-Mart selling tritium exit sign in U.S.
Quoted from source: Tritium exit signs pose little or no threat to public health and safety and do not constitute a security risk. However, the NRC requires proper recordkeeping and disposal of all radioactive materials. Proper handling and recordkeeping are important, because a damaged or broken sign could cause minor radioactive contamination of the immediate vicinity, requiring a potentially expensive clean up.

The signs are considered "generally licensed devices," because they are inherently safe enough to be handled or used by anyone with no radiation training or experience. Although purchasers – known as "general licensees" – do not need authorization from the NRC or a state regulatory agency to possess the signs, they are subject to certain regulatory requirements regarding handling, transfer or disposal of the signs. They are also subject to NRC or state inspection and enforcement action (including fines) for violating those requirements.

Source (January 2009): http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collecti...009/09-011.html

As for Malaysia radiation stuff are being widely used. Quoted from source: A look at the current uses of atomic energy brings up a surprising list. For example, radiation is used in blood sterilisation in pathology labs. Surgical gloves are also sterilised by radiation. In the beverage-making industry, radiation is used to ensure that the volume of liquid in every bottle is exactly the same. The luggage-screening machines in airports use radiation too. Even a humble X-ray machine is, in fact, using nuclear energy.

Source (April 2009): http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?...2&sec=lifefocus

This post has been edited by gadgetworld2u: Aug 15 2009, 01:17 AM
jeffrey_09
post Aug 23 2009, 12:32 AM

0 posts

hey there, am interested with this. I'm stationed at ss15, mind to PM me where i can seek for the item? Just one question tho, is there any restriction on the temperature? As I am planning to keep it inside my car and my car is frequently parked under the hot sun.

P/S: Do let me know if the green one is available of any size. Thanks
TSgadgetworld2u
post Aug 23 2009, 01:13 AM

37 posts

PM sent. All has no problem with heat, so its fine. TQ
icedlemontea
post Aug 27 2009, 10:34 PM

9 posts

Hi,

This might be a stupid question. But say I buy the GITD light (the one which can light up for 10 years) when I receive it, how would I make it glow? Or it's already glowing?

Thanks!

15 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0224sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:14 PM