Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Children in UK still wear pampers at 7 year old!, teachers blame parents!!

views

TSobefiend
post Aug 3 2009, 03:15 PM, updated 15y ago

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilluminati
863 posts

Teachers blame parents 'too busy to potty train' for increase in children wearing nappies to school

By SARAH HARRIS

Rising numbers of children are starting primary school still wearing nappies.
Appalled teachers are increasingly having to clear up after 'accidents' because busy parents have failed to toilet-train their children.
Some schools and nurseries have been refusing to take pupils who are still in nappies because of the extra work it causes staff.

user posted image
Debbie Bird and her seven-years-old daughter Charlotte who still wears nappies at night (see panel below)

But councils are now advising them that by doing so they could be contravening the Disability Discrimination Act.
As a result, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers has published guidance for members after receiving a 'stream of inquiries from staff asking about their responsibilities when pupils wet or soil themselves in class'.
The charity Education and Resources for Improving Childhood Continence now runs at least one course a month to give school nurses advice about toilet or potty-training. Training sessions for teachers are also under discussion.
Natasha Collins, education and training co-ordinator, said: 'With primary schools, toilet-training is a real issue at the moment.
'Some parents do leave it later, perhaps because the children don't seem to be ready.
'They tend to take a step back and say "Well OK, I'll leave it" whereas in the past there might have been more pressure for parents to conform.'

user posted image
There are growing numbers of children who are starting school without being properly potty trained

Margaret Morrissey, of family lobby group ParentsOutloud, said mothers shouldn't be blamed for the problem.
She said: 'If we insist that mothers go out to work when their children are still young - out of the house by 7.30am, dropping off a baby at nursery, then the two kids at school, working a full day and getting back at 6pm - things are going to give.
'If you want mums to devote every waking day to their children and their development, we have to make it possible for them to survive financially while staying at home.'
Rosemary Stokes, a former teacher and chairman of teaching union Voice, is helping to draw up guidance for schools in Leicester.
She said that there are more children with medical problems or learning difficulties which can include incontinence due to the Government's inclusion policy.
She added: 'On top of that, anecdotally, it does seem that there are more children simply starting school not ready to use the toilet.
'It's a big issue that schools have to deal with. There are fewer school nurses than there used to be, so school staff have to take the responsibility after appropriate training.
'Generally we would say "not teachers" because they should be in class. But many teaching assistants say it's not in their job description either.'
Most children are potty-trained at the age of two and three. But modern nappies, which reduce youngsters' discomfort and stop them from feeling wet, may be adding to delays in children being ready for potty-training.
One nursery manager, who did not want to be named, told a newspaper: 'My theory is that children now feel too comfortable in disposable nappies and the message from the bladder that they are wet or uncomfortable doesn't reach the brain.
'Years ago, in the days of terry towelling nappies, the children felt uncomfortable and the brain/ bladder connection developed earlier.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...l#ixzz0N1z6pHTY

This post has been edited by obefiend: Aug 3 2009, 03:16 PM
SUSRaziq
post Aug 3 2009, 03:17 PM

4 posts

diapers ke pampers ? pejadah obe.

Tugang
post Aug 3 2009, 03:17 PM

18 posts

There are growing numbers of children who are starting school without being properly potty trained

laugh.gif laugh.gif Kat sekolah dulu mesti ada kes budak berak dlm seluar.. bau satu kelas... hahaha...
SUSAzlan96
post Aug 3 2009, 03:18 PM

Casual
310 posts

I is wear pampers till i am 3 oni... Then at 5 i only test wearing pampers for 1 day
SUSRaziq
post Aug 3 2009, 03:22 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Azlan96 @ Aug 3 2009, 03:18 PM)
I is wear pampers till i am 3 oni... Then at 5 i only test wearing pampers for 1 day
you should be wearing it right now considering how much of a cry baby you are.
Serpentarius
post Aug 3 2009, 03:23 PM

Casual
482 posts

shit happens
TSobefiend
post Aug 3 2009, 03:24 PM

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilluminati
863 posts

QUOTE(Raziq @ Aug 3 2009, 03:22 PM)
you should be wearing it right now considering how much of a cry baby you are.
OWNED
apis_jay
post Aug 3 2009, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

oh wai~ memories... I once shiat in primary 1. Coz sked of the toilet (no lights and some ppl say got ghost in there) cry.gif
momusu
post Aug 3 2009, 03:39 PM

~morning musume fanboy~
789 posts

wearing diapers at 7yo is nothing...
for safety reasons i think okay la.

but using milk bottles to drink at 7yo is another thing... been seeing alot bigger children sucking bottle.
nghoongen
post Aug 3 2009, 03:52 PM

Casual
321 posts

oh mai
Shadow Kun
post Aug 3 2009, 03:54 PM

TOASTY!
621 posts

QUOTE(momusu @ Aug 3 2009, 03:39 PM)
wearing diapers at 7yo is nothing...
for safety reasons i think okay la.

but using milk bottles to drink at 7yo is another thing... been seeing alot bigger children sucking bottle.
kenot.
they must learn the hard way.
like i did cry.gif
chamelion
post Aug 3 2009, 03:55 PM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

in uk they train ur children potty in field. wooooo cold butt..
SUSSyphon
post Aug 3 2009, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

i eat maggi, i brush teeth with colgate, i headache eat panadol.
omara86
post Aug 3 2009, 04:22 PM

0mg nicotine juice
707 posts

zzz... my son 3 yr old now alrdy dun wanna wear his diaper...
SUSSyphon
post Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(omara86 @ Aug 3 2009, 04:22 PM)
zzz... my son 3 yr old now alrdy dun wanna wear his diaper...
what if he berak in his pants?
momusu
post Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM

~morning musume fanboy~
789 posts

^ lucky you. my 2.5y.o. nephew still in diaper.
but when he want to pee or take a dump, he will tell us.
he'd also tell us when he's done.
omara86
post Aug 3 2009, 04:28 PM

0mg nicotine juice
707 posts

QUOTE(Syphon @ Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM)
what if he berak in his pants?
last time got... now he's pro alrdy... always telling us b4 he wanted to go to toilet... he only wear the diaper when he wanna go to sleep...

but sumtime he misinform us... when he wanna pee, he told us wanna poo... when he wanna poo... he actually pee... coz to rush to toilet.. dont even think b4 talk.. ekekeke... but at least both r done in toilet,...
omara86
post Aug 3 2009, 04:30 PM

0mg nicotine juice
707 posts

QUOTE(momusu @ Aug 3 2009, 04:27 PM)
^ lucky you. my 2.5y.o. nephew still in diaper.
but when he want to pee or take a dump, he will tell us.
he'd also tell us when he's done.
yup... that's a good training... coz kids need to know when then he's ready to switch to underwear... my son's current underwear is ultraman.. ekekeke
SUSSyphon
post Aug 3 2009, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(omara86 @ Aug 3 2009, 04:28 PM)
last time got... now he's pro alrdy... always telling us b4 he wanted to go to toilet... he only wear the diaper when he wanna go to sleep...

but sumtime he misinform us... when he wanna pee, he told us wanna poo... when he wanna poo... he actually pee... coz to rush to toilet.. dont even think b4 talk.. ekekeke... but at least both r done in toilet,...
u can start writing blog about ajar anak 101 tutorial.
omara86
post Aug 3 2009, 04:32 PM

0mg nicotine juice
707 posts

QUOTE(Syphon @ Aug 3 2009, 04:31 PM)
u can start writing blog about ajar anak 101 tutorial.
refer my signature... ekekekek

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:16 PM