Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mount Kiara - Still Worth Investing?

shchoy
post Jul 29 2009, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Anyone have any Condo units renting out in Mount Kiara?

The rental returns looks good but there seem to be lots of development going on
over there and my concern is "Over-supply"

Is it still worth the investing in Mount Kiara?

user posted image
www.shchoy.com

This post has been edited by shchoy: Jul 29 2009, 05:00 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
suiteng
post Jul 29 2009, 05:04 PM

Hopeless President
Group: Senior Member

OT : there's one thing called "Edit Signatures" under "My Controls". You can use that to put your signature.
+Quote Post
moopok
post Jul 29 2009, 05:10 PM

Getting Started

Do you think there wl be more expat coming into malaysia? If yes then still good investment...if no, then look somewhere more affordable
+Quote Post
Backkom
post Jul 29 2009, 05:15 PM

Casual

Heard this from some friend working in the banking/credit industry...
Guess how much is the occupancy rate in MK?

Answer: 30%
+Quote Post
babana
post Jul 29 2009, 05:22 PM

too old; do not want

QUOTE(Backkom @ Jul 29 2009, 05:15 PM)
Heard this from some friend working in the banking/credit industry...
Guess how much is the occupancy rate in MK?
Answer: 30%
wah backkom...if that figure is true, its pretty low indeed. but the mk / hartamas area tends to be pretty jammed up during peak hours wor...indication of dense population? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
Backkom
post Jul 29 2009, 06:05 PM

Casual

QUOTE(babana @ Jul 29 2009, 05:22 PM)
wah backkom...if that figure is true, its pretty low indeed. but the mk / hartamas area tends to be pretty jammed up during peak hours wor...indication of dense population? hmm.gif
Honestly I have no way to verify that figure - but looking at that forest full of high rise condo, even 30% occupancy (2-3 cars per unit) would be sufficient to cause the jam?
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Jul 29 2009, 09:25 PM

Regular

from the couple of ppl i know who stay there: the condos are indeed 30% filled at best. some stay alone on the floor. probably not a good investment (any more).
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cyberiq
post Jul 29 2009, 10:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jul 29 2009, 09:25 PM)
from the couple of ppl i know who stay there: the condos are indeed 30% filled at best. some stay alone on the floor. probably not a good investment (any more).
sometimes may feel like dark water horror movie too..if only half with occupancy.

This post has been edited by Cyberiq: Jul 29 2009, 10:16 PM
+Quote Post
klang-valley
post Jul 29 2009, 10:17 PM

Getting Started

Nowadays, every where also jam. Not just Mont Kiara. If you have the money, why not go for landed, freehold property? Even without tenant, you will get higher capital appreciation.
+Quote Post
Pai
post Jul 29 2009, 10:48 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~

my personal take on MK now :

1. Buying for investment - Not so great investment as it will take years for the market to absorb the current and future supply.

2. Buying for own stay - Now is a good time coz prices are now just slightly over bottom. Always like MK due to its vast ammenities selection and safety.

+Quote Post
tpleong
post Jul 30 2009, 08:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pai @ Jul 29 2009, 10:48 PM)

1. Buying for investment - Not so great investment as it will take years for the market to absorb the current and future supply.

2. Buying for own stay - Now is a good time coz prices are now just slightly over bottom. Always like MK due to its vast ammenities selection and safety.
Agreed with u. For own, now is the best time. That is why u can see a lot of locals moving into MK. Most of them are from landed properties b'cos of safety issue. I am one of them. For investment, NO. Just too much supply compared to demand. KLCC is a much better bet & go for smaller units around 1k sqft. smile.gif
+Quote Post
scorgio
post Jul 30 2009, 08:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

10 yrs ago, there're still a lot of forest surrounding MK.

Now, every possible plot of land is being developed. The only 'jungle' left within that area might be the kampung on the small road leading to Segambut. Which happens to be a Malay reserve.

It's becoming a super concrete jungle.
+Quote Post
KeNNy
post Jul 30 2009, 10:48 PM

Hello

Can anyone share the average p/sqf for a condo here? Maybe not the top end but an average unit, if it helps.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
Minolta
post Jul 31 2009, 12:50 AM

Regular

This is my personal opinion, but let me put it to you this way....Mont Kiara condominiums are one of the best assets to buys in Klang Valley right now.....within a certain price range.

If you're considering property investment in Mont Kiara, then you're into a certain strategy already, no? You want to buy a relatively safe and high value upmarket place with a known high rental value income. That will be your strategy. Capital appreciation is a bonus, main aim is rental. If you're into diversification and buy few small/studio unit with lesser entry price, then I don't think MK area is for you. Even the small studios have a high entry price.

You have to go see units in MK to appreciate what I'm saying. If you want to read this, then read this objectively. Suffice to say that I'm a heavy investor in this area and this has remained my favourite hunting ground despite my need to diversify my portfolio elsewhere. I have no benefits if you choose to follow my recommendations, only possible disadvantages from a potential competitor. But I believe the pie is big enough to accomodate us all, and I wish to share my view with potential investors.

My Points: -

Price per sf is cheap now!

Rm350-450psf for older condos like Pines, Angkupuri, Pelangi, Palma. Price for Pines has appreciated about 20% since last year after the refurbishment.

RM400-500psf for new condos like Banyan, Meridin, Kiaramas Ayuria, Kiaraville, Kiara 1888. Kiaraville transacted at RM600psf on VP, now about RM480psf. Ayuria even cheaper at RM450/sf. Prices will never be much lower than this. Certainly never lower than developer's prices.

Prices have trended upwards over the past 2 months. No more cheap cheap buys.

Location is king. Mont Kiara is an upmarket place. The maintenance charges are not crazy....about 30cents/sf/month.
Comparable to other mid-range condos in Subang/PJ/Old Klang Road

Now, take a few condos that you may know and compare the price psf.....Sentul East(FH) about RM350/sf, Maple Sentul(FH) about Rm420/sf, Seri Maya(FH) about RM350/sf, Armanee Terrace(LH) about RM330/sf, Casa Desa(FH) about RM330/sf, Papillon(FH) about RM430/sf, Impiana Meridian(FH) about RM390/sf, Manjarala 18(FH) at about RM330/sf.

Compared to prices in MK, MK is really a bargain, as the build quality, upkeep and location are superior to all this(IMHO). Just see to compare for yourself!

Now what does all this means? It means that:-

1. There will be capital appreciation especially on the newer MK condos once the economy recovers.
2. It is a really nice to stay and bring up your family.
3. Its THE place expats want to stay.

But what about for investment? Besides the potential capital appreciation?

Well, you can argue that the rental has come down and that rental demand is slow. I can share with you that it has definitely picked up since the last 2 months. Notice also that rental rates are down...but it is down across the board in regards to all condos/service apartments, except for certain niche studio apartments. KLCC rentals have definitely gone down. MK rentals have gone down. But do remember that interest rates are at all time low. Thus as long as your rental is able to cover your loan installment, then it is a go. Rental rates will recover when the economy recovers.

What about the fact that there are so many condos there at present? And that there are new condos finishing soon?

Well, why are there so many condos there in the first place? Because it is a good location and high demand, pushing prices higher. Developers want high profits, so build more. But one fact remains.....there are minimal free land along Jalan Desa Kiara and Jalan Kiara now. There are still plots around the Kiaramas areas though. And looking at the latest trend of launches.....ie Seni, MK10, MK11, all these will likely be huge units in the future with prices of at least RM600/sf. High quality furnishing, but prices will be beyond the 95% of all Malaysians. I don't think there will be much more units of 1000-1500sf launching in the future as developers will max out the profit for the little available land.

What are your risks?

Well, for starters, entry price is high. You don't even need to consider investing here if you do not have the ability to secure a high enough bank loan. Even if you do have the ability, Azizi Ali might recommend you to diversify to few "cheaper" properties rather than all money into an "expensive" property. You have to think that for yourself.
If you buy and have no power to hold if unable to rent out, then you are better off not buying. Not that its not doable, but its way stressful.

And whoever says that occupance rate in MK is 30%...well, that is so not true. 30% would be the right number for owner occupied, but you have to add in about 40-50% for expats occupied. I think a figure of 70-80% occupied (all available units counted for, new and old) will be closer to the truth.

minolta

This post has been edited by Minolta: Jul 31 2009, 12:57 AM
+Quote Post
tpleong
post Jul 31 2009, 09:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Minolta @ Jul 31 2009, 12:50 AM)
This is my personal opinion, but let me put it to you this way....Mont Kiara condominiums are one of the best assets to buys in Klang Valley right now.....within a certain price range.
If you're considering property investment in Mont Kiara, then you're into a certain strategy already, no? You want to buy a relatively safe and high value upmarket place with a known high rental value income. That will be your strategy. Capital appreciation is a bonus, main aim is rental. If you're into diversification and buy few small/studio unit with lesser entry price, then I don't think MK area is for you. Even the small studios have a high entry price.
You have to go see units in MK to appreciate what I'm saying. If you want to read this, then read this objectively. Suffice to say that I'm a heavy investor in this area and this has remained my favourite hunting ground despite my need to diversify my portfolio elsewhere. I have no benefits if you choose to follow my recommendations, only possible disadvantages from a potential competitor. But I believe the pie is big enough to accomodate us all, and I wish to share my view with potential investors.

Rm350-450psf for older condos like Pines, Angkupuri, Pelangi, Palma. Price for Pines has appreciated about 20% since last year after the refurbishment.

RM400-500psf for new condos like Banyan, Meridin, Kiaramas Ayuria, Kiaraville, Kiara 1888. Kiaraville transacted at RM600psf on VP, now about RM480psf. Ayuria even cheaper at RM450/sf. Prices will never be much lower than this. Certainly never lower than developer's prices.

Location is king. Mont Kiara is an upmarket place. The maintenance charges are not crazy....about 30cents/sf/month.

Now, take a few condos that you may know and compare the price psf.....Sentul East(FH) about RM350/sf, Maple Sentul(FH) about Rm420/sf, Seri Maya(FH) about RM350/sf, Armanee Terrace(LH) about RM330/sf, Casa Desa(FH) about RM330/sf, Papillon(FH) about RM430/sf, Impiana Meridian(FH) about RM390/sf, Manjarala 18(FH) at about RM330/sf.

Compared to prices in MK, MK is really a bargain, as the build quality, upkeep and location are superior to all this(IMHO). Just see to compare for yourself!

1. There will be capital appreciation especially on the newer MK condos once the economy recovers.

Well, you can argue that the rental has come down and that rental demand is slow. I can share with you that it has definitely picked up since the last 2 months. Notice also that rental rates are down...but it is down across the board in regards to all condos/service apartments, except for certain niche studio apartments. KLCC rentals have definitely gone down. MK rentals have gone down. But do remember that interest rates are at all time low. Thus as long as your rental is able to cover your loan installment, then it is a go. Rental rates will recover when the economy recovers.
What about the fact that there are so many condos there at present? And that there are new condos finishing soon?

Well, why are there so many condos there in the first place? Because it is a good location and high demand, pushing prices higher. Developers want high profits, so build more. But one fact remains.....there are minimal free land along Jalan Desa Kiara and Jalan Kiara now. There are still plots around the Kiaramas areas though. And looking at the latest trend of launches.....ie Seni, MK10, MK11, all these will likely be huge units in the future with prices of at least RM600/sf. High quality furnishing, but prices will be beyond the 95% of all Malaysians. I don't think there will be much more units of 1000-1500sf launching in the future as developers will max out the profit for the little available land.
What are your risks?

Well, for starters, entry price is high. You don't even need to consider investing here if you do not have the ability to secure a high enough bank loan. Even if you do have the ability, Azizi Ali might recommend you to diversify to few "cheaper" properties rather than all money into an "expensive" property. You have to think that for yourself.
If you buy and have no power to hold if unable to rent out, then you are better off not buying. Not that its not doable, but its way stressful.
And whoever says that occupance rate in MK is 30%...well, that is so not true. 30% would be the right number for owner occupied, but you have to add in about 40-50% for expats occupied. I think a figure of 70-80% occupied (all available units counted for, new and old) will be closer to the truth.

minolta
Rightly said, I shared the same views as your goodself. MK is the best o the best buy at the moment. I bought a unit at kiaraville 4 months back, tempted to get another unit but worried about the gearing. Still comtemplating ......which condo do u deed is the best bet at the moment in term of value? thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
shchoy
post Jul 31 2009, 03:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tpleong @ Jul 31 2009, 09:32 AM)
Rightly said, I shared the same views as your goodself. MK is the best o the best buy at the moment.  I bought a unit at kiaraville 4 months back, tempted to get another unit but worried about the gearing. Still comtemplating ......which condo do u deed is the best bet at the moment in term of value?  thumbup.gif
I do agree MK is a nice place but
looking at the amount of adverts of ppl selling and renting units,
can't help but feel this place have "over-supply" problem.

Is it 30%, 50% or 90% occupied... I believe the best person to
answer is someone who's actually staying in one of
the MK Condo like KDS, Pines, etc...

Anyone who's actually staying in MK Condo care to share
if you're sharing your floor with
a bunch of neighbors or a bunch of empty units?
And how long it’s been like this?

For the folks who actually rented out MK properties
or a Property Agent who specialize in MK
care to share....

How long does it take to actually rent out a place that's empty?

user posted image
www.shchoy.com

This post has been edited by shchoy: Jul 31 2009, 03:54 PM
+Quote Post
tpleong
post Jul 31 2009, 03:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shchoy @ Jul 31 2009, 03:48 PM)
I do agree MK is a nice place but
looking at the amount of adverts of ppl selling and renting units,
can't help but feel this place have "over-supply" problem.

Is it 30%, 50% or 90% occupied... I believe the best person to
answer is someone who's actually staying in one of
the MK Condo like KDS, Pines, etc...

Anyone who's actually staying in MK Condo care to share
if you're sharing your floor with
a bunch of neighbors or a bunch of empty units?
And how long it’s been like this?

For the folks who actually rented out MK properties
or a Property Agent who specialize in MK
care to share....

How long does it take to actually rent out a place that's empty?

user posted image
www.shchoy.com
My place is about 60-70% occupied ...although it is just a year old whistling.gif

+Quote Post
Minolta
post Aug 1 2009, 01:29 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tpleong @ Jul 31 2009, 09:32 AM)
Rightly said, I shared the same views as your goodself. MK is the best o the best buy at the moment.  I bought a unit at kiaraville 4 months back, tempted to get another unit but worried about the gearing. Still comtemplating ......which condo do u deed is the best bet at the moment in term of value?  thumbup.gif
I think any of the new condos at circa RM400+/sf will be good buy now. Price will sure increase. I bet your kiaraville unit has increase price already within 4 months. Rental ok? But my view is not to put your eggs in one basket.....probably safer to buy in another condo. See see, another bayu incident haha...touch wood.

This post has been edited by Minolta: Aug 1 2009, 01:30 PM
+Quote Post
leehawke
post Aug 2 2009, 01:53 AM

What are your risks?

minolta
All good stuff. Have to disagree with the occupancy rate though. It's about 40-50% for me when I was at Bayu a few years back.
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Aug 2 2009, 10:43 AM

Regular

i asked my friends who stay in MK. Mont Kiara Damai @ my friends floor only two units occupied hers and another. she thinks its maybe 1in units occupied. but who knows...

my friend who stays in Kiaraville says actually quite a few units taken but still a lot empty. maybe 50% used?

even in Villa Aseana can still see a lot of empty / for rent houses. who wants to stay in house (even though they are nice) if surrounded by highrise condos?

i dont think this is represenatative but it might give an idea.
+Quote Post
Pai
post Aug 2 2009, 05:22 PM

What are your risks?

minolta
Im playing devils advocate here. Generally agree with Minolta's point, but think there's 2 question remains unanswered :

1. Who will be renting the all these super sized units in MK10s, MK11s and Seni etc? Locals will buy themseleves and Im not to optimistic to think after this round of global recession that MNCs will continue to send highly paid senior expats here with 8k-15k rental budget, together with their family.

At the end of day, will there be sufficient supply of expats?

2. Even if there's enough supply of new expats, why should they go to MK? Im seeing trends now that low-medium budget expats are choosing Sentul, Wangsa Maju, Kerinchi, PJ, DPC, Jelatek, Ampang etc mainly due to the fact that these newer condo's are priced competatively and some of these condo's are located nearby LRTs.

hmm.gif

+Quote Post
tpleong
post Aug 3 2009, 09:59 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pai @ Aug 2 2009, 05:22 PM)
Im playing devils advocate here. Generally agree with Minolta's point, but think there's 2 question remains unanswered :

1. Who will be renting the all these super sized units in MK10s, MK11s and Seni etc? Locals will buy themseleves and Im not to optimistic to think after this round of global recession that MNCs will continue to send highly paid senior expats here with 8k-15k rental budget, together with their family.

2. Even if there's enough supply of new expats, why should they go to MK? Im seeing trends now that low-medium budget expats are choosing Sentul, Wangsa Maju, Kerinchi, PJ, DPC, Jelatek, Ampang etc mainly due to the fact that these newer condo's are priced competatively and some of these condo's are located nearby LRTs.   
hmm.gif
Frankly, I don't think those buyers bought it for renting it out . Small units , YES. Either for own stay or just flick it. There is a trend where locals previously staying in landed properties moving into super condo, mostly citing security reason. Most developers now are building big units in MK if u observe carefully. Developers will not be so stupid to build those super condo if there is no demands for it. wink.gif

Added on August 3, 2009, 10:05 am
QUOTE(Minolta @ Aug 1 2009, 01:29 PM)
I think any of the new condos at circa RM400+/sf will be good buy now. Price will sure increase. I bet your kiaraville unit has increase price already within 4 months. Rental ok? But my view is not to put your eggs in one basket.....probably safer to buy in another condo. See see, another bayu incident haha...touch wood.
Bought it for own stay .........was eying a unit at Tiffani but didn't materilised. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by tpleong: Aug 3 2009, 10:05 AM
+Quote Post
shchoy
post Aug 4 2009, 08:36 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tpleong @ Aug 3 2009, 09:59 AM)
Frankly, I don't think those buyers bought it for renting it out . Small units , YES.  Either for own stay or just flick it. There is a trend where locals previously staying in landed properties moving into super condo, mostly citing security reason. Most developers now are building big units in MK if u observe carefully. Developers will not be so stupid to build those super condo if there is no demands for it.  wink.gif

Maybe Developers are banking on the exact fact that the "locals feel there's demand in MK" hence they build it. tongue.gif

user posted image
www.shchoy.com

This post has been edited by shchoy: Aug 4 2009, 08:38 PM
+Quote Post
Minolta
post Aug 4 2009, 10:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Pai @ Aug 2 2009, 05:22 PM)

hmm.gif
I agree with the first point entirely. Big units for the Rich and own stay will be the future trend. Hence, there will unlikely be more developers building sub 2k sf units in the future around MK. These sub 2k sf units are easier for developers to sell(but lesser profits) since it caters to the average family size....both locals and expats and more importantly the entry price is sub RM1M. There will be a higher demand:supply ratio in the future.

As per point 2, there are different category expats with different budget. MK is the biggest expat enclave in Malaysia at present. It is partly because of this that the prices are such and it attracts more expats. LRT is good, but note that MK never even had a decent bus service all along. Of your areas listed, I think DPC has potential to compete with MK, but note that the entry price of their last Northshore condo was RM500+ psf!

To each his own. The most important in any investment is that we all make money biggrin.gif

minolta

Added on August 4, 2009, 10:13 pm
QUOTE(shchoy @ Aug 4 2009, 08:36 PM)
Maybe Developers are banking on the exact fact that the "locals feel there's demand in MK" hence they build it.  tongue.gif

user posted image
www.shchoy.com
Actually, I also don't know why they build em.....harder to sell than the smaller units but probably coz of bigger profit margins. But given a choice, I would put RM2.5M into a bungalow in Tmn Tun rather than even a luxury high rise living.....but that's just me.

This post has been edited by Minolta: Aug 4 2009, 10:14 PM
+Quote Post
princess_autumn87
post Oct 3 2009, 02:59 PM

Glamorous diva-Ghetto arse

QUOTE(tpleong @ Jul 30 2009, 08:12 AM)
Agreed with u. For own, now is the best time. That is why u can see a lot of locals moving into MK. Most of them are from landed properties b'cos of safety issue. I am one of them. For investment, NO. Just too much supply compared to demand. KLCC is a much better bet & go for smaller units around 1k sqft.  smile.gif
agreed too.

MK is rather hard to make good investment now. even solaris also quite doom
+Quote Post
Xai-V-iaX
post Oct 12 2009, 04:15 PM

Audible Audio™

For investment wise I would say its a good place to consider.
+Quote Post
Lowyat
post Oct 13 2009, 07:45 AM

Lowyat Plaza

QUOTE(Xai-V-iaX @ Oct 12 2009, 04:15 PM)
For investment wise I would say its a good place to consider.
Yes, agreed..Mount Kiara always the hottest place for investment. Some time i pass by there, i got a feeling it is a "rich man" place to stay...
+Quote Post
modD
post Oct 20 2009, 09:59 AM

the forest whispers my name

i just bought a condo unit in Kiara Designer Suite... one of the cheapest newer developments in the area. it's for my own stay, but i'll be happy even with just a little bit of appreciation in the future. not gonna stay there forever, as i don't see MK as a place to raise a family. it's a concrete jungle devoid of 'soul' biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Oct 20 2009, 01:44 PM

Regular

Wow.. those days google map n wikimap are very blur for Mont Kiara area.. lately they have a clearer version.. this place is packed with Hi-class condos..

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=3.1712397&lo...93&z=16&l=0&m=b
+Quote Post
blasto
post Oct 20 2009, 06:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(eugene jk @ Oct 20 2009, 01:44 PM)
Wow.. those days google map n wikimap are very blur for Mont Kiara area.. lately they have a clearer version.. this place is packed with Hi-class condos..

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=3.1712397&lo...93&z=16&l=0&m=b
wah since when it become so many condos's ?
+Quote Post
ronaldoo
post Oct 21 2009, 02:24 AM

Casual

i would say supply is more than demand over there.overprice, somemore the location is too far out, individually, i seldom go there.

no doubt, the area is class.
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Oct 30 2009, 12:25 PM

Regular

Build Build Build sweat.gif

Sunrise to build 460 condo units in Mont’ Kiara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUALA LUMPUR: Sunrise Bhd plans to launch three new developments in the Klang Valley in the next few months, starting with the MK28 project comprising 460 condominiums in Mont’ Kiara in December, said executive chairman Tong Kooi Ong.

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScene/P...rtyNews/663/0/0 rclxms.gif

+Quote Post
hanif444
post Oct 30 2009, 04:56 PM

Regular

MK28...haha more and more to come...
+Quote Post
blasto
post Oct 30 2009, 05:49 PM

Regular

QUOTE(hanif444 @ Oct 30 2009, 04:56 PM)
MK28...haha more and more to come...
... means what bro ?
are the old older units price gonna drop like crazy ? doh.gif

+Quote Post
hkway
post Oct 31 2009, 11:02 AM

QUOTE(blasto @ Oct 30 2009, 05:49 PM)
... means what bro ?
are the old older units price gonna drop like crazy ?  doh.gif
400psf to 600psf is really too high for me, better go for landed which having about the same rate sometime even cheaper. I notice new condo esp at prime area like MK, Bangsar,PJ etc will appreciate very fast but after about 10 years appreciation very slow or stagnant. partly due to facilities become older or sometimes not well maintained.

+Quote Post
airline
post Nov 1 2009, 06:38 AM

7 stars

mk28 super big. dont think they going to build smaller types eg 1,000 sq feet ones.
+Quote Post
accetera
post Nov 2 2009, 04:40 PM

Ambassador of Housing

there has been "too" many proposal for new projects around montkiara.... but 10 years from now will be exciting....
+Quote Post
DIABLOW
post Nov 5 2009, 02:15 PM

Getting Started

In 2007 i bought a unit at mont kiara pines with balcony on the 29 floor for 370K and recently bought another unit at the same condo on the 13 floor for 430K .I rent it out RM3000 a month the unit on the 29 floor.
+Quote Post
register999
post Nov 5 2009, 06:18 PM

Getting Started

not worth for investing ady..
coz...very expensive ady..
and not will go up ady
+Quote Post
blasto
post Nov 5 2009, 09:20 PM

Regular

QUOTE(register999 @ Nov 5 2009, 06:18 PM)
not worth for investing ady..
coz...very expensive ady..
and not will go up ady
why bro?

+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Aug 1 2010, 02:42 AM

Regular

Dig up old post tongue.gif ...
I am helping my sister to look for condo in MK.. budget RM450k for BU 1000sqft and above, of course only older units are achievable.. She likes the amenities around and closer to her work place in KL.. I am newbie when it comes to MK tongue.gif ... usually price is too high for thus didnt bother to look around in this area, thus need sifu help on this..

Notice there are few within her budget:

1) Casa Kiara
2) Vista Kiara
3) MK Palma (Sunrise)
4) MK Laman Suria (Sunrise)
5) MK Pelangi (Sunrise)
6) Angkupuri
7) ** miss out any one unsure.gif

I know this sounds spoon feeding but among the above, which are much more recommanded? or should I narrow it down to Sunrise development since I heard these condos are better taken care of?

Appreciate sifu's feedback notworthy.gif

Added on August 1, 2010, 2:43 amFound some info on MK
http://www.montkiaralifestyle.com/online/c...ents-mont-kiara smile.gif

This post has been edited by eugene jk: Aug 1 2010, 02:51 AM
+Quote Post
terzam
post Aug 1 2010, 10:21 AM

Getting Started

Just looking down at the list, many of them are in excess of 10 years after completion (except perhaps Casa Kiara)... On top of which, you will only be able to dig up lower floors.
I'm still new to the place as well - and doing my own research now biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
numbertwo
post Aug 1 2010, 01:49 PM

Regular

if you don't mind the name 'segambut' there is this Rosvilla condo by brem holding selling in the region of 300psf in the subsales market...access is via the garden international school.
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Aug 2 2010, 09:41 AM

Regular

Thanks mate, will check out Rosvilla..

Seems the older condos in MK are still holding up well in terms of pricing, infact, prices have been further increased over the past few years.. Older condos seems doin quite well also
+Quote Post
tpleong
post Aug 3 2010, 09:14 AM

Getting Started

Have a look at Kiara Designer suites and Izen 1....... brows.gif
+Quote Post
terzam
post Aug 3 2010, 10:04 PM

Getting Started

tpleong - can share more?
What about Kiara Designer Suite and i-Zen 1? Both of them are not near to each other...
+Quote Post
tpleong
post Aug 4 2010, 10:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(terzam @ Aug 3 2010, 10:04 PM)
tpleong - can share more?
What about Kiara Designer Suite and i-Zen 1? Both of them are not near to each other...
Thread starter only has a budget of RM450k so these 2 condos fits the bill. There are much newer rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Aug 4 2010, 10:56 AM

Regular

QUOTE(tpleong @ Aug 4 2010, 10:39 AM)
Thread starter only has a budget of RM450k so these 2 condos fits the bill. There are much newer  rclxms.gif
Thanks for the Tips wink.gif .... u really know MK inside out... biggrin.gif
Designer suite i think really need to bargain the price down since i can see asking price mostly about half a mil..
as for I-Zen, build up will be slightly smaller..
+Quote Post
airline
post Aug 4 2010, 11:47 AM

7 stars

try solaris dutamas studios
+Quote Post
tpleong
post Aug 4 2010, 02:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eugene jk @ Aug 4 2010, 10:56 AM)
Thanks for the Tips wink.gif .... u really know MK inside out... biggrin.gif
Designer suite i think really need to bargain the price down since i can see asking price mostly about half a mil..
as for I-Zen, build up will be slightly smaller..
Developer at Designer suites still have a few units , priced around 400k++ .....that was 2/3 months back.

As for I-zen, u really have to dig/wait for desperate seller.

YES, solaris dutamas is another option. The only setback is , it is on a comemrcial land. smile.gif
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Aug 4 2010, 02:48 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tpleong @ Aug 4 2010, 02:28 PM)
Developer at Designer suites still have a few units , priced around 400k++ .....that was 2/3 months back.

YES, solaris dutamas is another option. The only setback is , it is on a comemrcial land.  smile.gif
Thank tpleong... herm... just curious y developer belum fully sold yet despite complete for some time tongue.gif ... will check with developer and see..
For Solaris, I guess only can get 600sqft for that kind of price, would prefer bigger unit instead, thanks for sharing
+Quote Post
airline
post Aug 4 2010, 04:42 PM

7 stars

big unit can. at dutamas side. now still cheap
+Quote Post
ireneloh
post Aug 4 2010, 04:51 PM

Nowadays, Malaysia have facing the less land..So if u plan to buy any property i think u should focus on the land investment...
+Quote Post
GangHo
post Aug 4 2010, 05:16 PM

On my way

QUOTE(ireneloh @ Aug 4 2010, 05:51 PM)
Nowadays, Malaysia have facing the less land..So if u plan to buy any property i think u should focus on the land investment...
To be exact,

Kuala Lumpur/Kland Valley has little land for development, other parts of selangor still got lots of land.

Penang Island has little land for development, there is still lots of land in Seberang Prai.

+Quote Post
terzam
post Aug 4 2010, 08:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eugene jk @ Aug 4 2010, 02:48 PM)
Thank tpleong... herm... just curious y developer belum fully sold yet despite complete for some time tongue.gif ... will check with developer and see..
For Solaris, I guess only can get 600sqft for that kind of price, would prefer bigger unit instead, thanks for sharing
Are you sure there are still few units from the developer for KDS?
I've been looking at the prices from iProperty and it is definitely half million & above. What type or size are we talking abt?
+Quote Post
kevin23
post Aug 5 2010, 09:59 AM

On my way

Hie guys, i live in mt kiara casa kiara 2..

If some1 said occupancy rate is 30% in mk, thn i wud gladly say its about thr. Casa kiara 2 iwould say is a bit empty now. You can actually count hw many cars are parked at basement every night. Definately nt more thn 30 cars . From my unit i can see hijauan nxt door which i reckon has only less thn 15 units with lights on at night.so yea very low occupancy.

And mtkiara is virtually jam free every morning. The only jam is at desa sri hartamas which is a commercialarea. So no surprises bout tht.

Overall, quality of lifein mk is high . Only complain is tht the road conditions are horrible .
+Quote Post
R o Y
post Aug 5 2010, 02:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(eugene jk @ Aug 4 2010, 02:48 PM)
Hi Eugene,

Your Sis still looking? I have a few nice units within her budget. Contact me for further details.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Aug 11 2010, 05:51 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tpleong @ Aug 4 2010, 02:28 PM)

YES, solaris dutamas is another option. The only setback is , it is on a comemrcial land.  smile.gif
tpleong, you are right... KDS still have unsold units.. but not 400k++ .. its half a mil liao laugh.gif

Thank you for having an interest on our Kiara Designer Suites. As pertains to your request, these are the information on Kiara Designer Suites for your reference.
Only 2 units left available and both of them located on 1st floor

01-A:
· Built-up area: 1,128sf
· Price: RM 499, 000, RM 442 psf

01-K
· Built-up area: 1,248sf
· Price: RM 544, 000, RM 436 psf

Maintenance fee: RM0.25 psf
Car park allocation: 2 car parks
It would be great if you would like to drop by and allow us to show you the units as this project has already been completed. Our office is open everyday from 9.00a.m to 6p.m during the weekday and 10a.m to 5p.m during the weekend. Kindly contact us if you have any further enquiry.

This post has been edited by eugene jk: Aug 11 2010, 05:53 PM
+Quote Post
terzam
post Aug 11 2010, 07:01 PM

Getting Started

Oh?
It comes with 2 car park allocation? Even 1st floor unit touching 500k...wah!
+Quote Post
junksofsam
post Jul 7 2011, 04:17 PM

Getting Started

anyone care to continue this topic?

what is the average selling price for the newer high ends condos in MK?

now almost 600-700 RMpsf now right? for new ones..

+Quote Post
yewjin
post Jul 13 2011, 02:58 PM

Casual

QUOTE(junksofsam @ Jul 7 2011, 04:17 PM)
anyone care to continue this topic?

what is the average selling price for the newer high ends condos in MK?

now almost 600-700 RMpsf now right? for new ones..
Viewed Verve Suites a month back and it is transacting at 850 psf. cry.gif
+Quote Post
airline
post Jul 13 2011, 03:03 PM

7 stars

Seni rm680per sq feet
Mk10 rm620-rm630 per sq feet
Mk11 --- not sure check iproperty
+Quote Post
jerry88
post Aug 7 2011, 12:33 AM

Getting Started

There is a new project by Sunrise called MK20 coming up. Undecided whether to go in. Any of you who heard of it can share whether it is worth it or not? Will this be another Verve in the making? One thing sure, sunrice will have a high price tag on it mad.gif

This post has been edited by jerry88: Aug 7 2011, 12:40 AM
+Quote Post
icecoolman
post Aug 8 2011, 07:56 PM

There's news about the new circle ring/mrt. It is mentioned that it will cover most of the shopping complexes in the city. For Mont Kiara owners, I heard some of the area covered are the dutamas (near matrade) and coming into mont kiara (near plaza mont kiara). Heard that certain parts will be going underground. Anyone can confirm if this project will take off?

Please see this website www.transitmy.org which shows this new circle ring coverage. The good side is there's public transport to Mont Kiara and may affect prices to increase. On the bad side, I wonder if this will endanger the earth, surrounding of Mont Kiara or other problems.

+Quote Post
airline
post Aug 8 2011, 08:58 PM

7 stars

Not solaris mont kiara? Heard from some quaters
+Quote Post
icecoolman
post Aug 9 2011, 09:14 PM

But the Dutamas side where they're building the new convention centre by Naza is confirmed. But Mont Kiara somehow is where they will connect as well. Please elorate.

QUOTE(airline @ Aug 8 2011, 08:58 PM)
Not solaris mont kiara? Heard from some quaters
+Quote Post
Jade Rabbit
post Aug 9 2011, 09:56 PM

Was at the launching of Icon Residence Mont Kiara by Mah Sing a couple weeks ago, seems that they are pretty confident of the proposed MRT line aka Circle Line coming in from KL City linking the proposed KL Metropolis and Matrade and passing through Mont Kiara before connecting to other stations in Damansara, Bangsar,Midvalley Megamall etc. The speculation is where the Mont Kiara station is going to be located. Some said it may be at Solaris Mont Kiara and another near One Mont Kiara and Plaza Mont Kiara.
+Quote Post
J1@l_ l_l l\l
post Sep 7 2011, 01:21 AM

Getting Started

The MRT line sounds promising, but with regards to the topic title, the occupancy rate at MK is one of the factors tht concerns me.

What is the current occupancy rate in MK?
+Quote Post
jerry88
post Sep 20 2011, 11:07 PM

Getting Started

I think the picture now is quite bleak!
+Quote Post
junksofsam
post Sep 21 2011, 04:48 PM

Getting Started

what about landed property in MK? are there anymore available? mostly need to purchase from subsale right? any recommendation here?
+Quote Post
airline
post Sep 22 2011, 04:03 PM

7 stars

buy land build ur own still have
hartamas heights, mont kiara residence.

segambut there have, for bumi
+Quote Post
walle
post Sep 22 2011, 05:07 PM

Regular

just vested to kiara163, YNH development in between plaza mont kiara and sunrise's upcoming arcoris (aka mk20)..i think niche development of mont kiara still worth to invest after looking at PJ icon city serviced residence launching at 900/sqft..
+Quote Post
airline
post Sep 22 2011, 07:08 PM

7 stars

pls share how big or purchase price u vested..
+Quote Post
Phoeni_142
post Sep 22 2011, 08:06 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(walle @ Sep 22 2011, 05:07 PM)
just vested to kiara163, YNH development in between plaza mont kiara and sunrise's upcoming arcoris (aka mk20)..i think niche development of mont kiara still worth to invest after looking at PJ icon city serviced residence launching at 900/sqft..
plaza fosters by sunrise would have been a better bet.
+Quote Post
walle
post Sep 22 2011, 09:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(airline @ Sep 22 2011, 07:08 PM)
pls share how big or purchase price u vested..
i paid about 750/sqft

Added on September 22, 2011, 9:26 pm
QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Sep 22 2011, 08:06 PM)
plaza fosters by sunrise would have been a better bet.
Maybe..but it is about 200/sqft higher...n it is just next to each other.. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by walle: Sep 22 2011, 09:26 PM
+Quote Post
ronn77
post Sep 22 2011, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(walle @ Sep 22 2011, 09:25 PM)
i paid about 750/sqft

Added on September 22, 2011, 9:26 pm

Maybe..but it is about 200/sqft higher...n it is just next to each other.. tongue.gif
Is it for residential?
Open for sale now?
+Quote Post
walle
post Sep 23 2011, 09:47 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ronn77 @ Sep 22 2011, 10:36 PM)
Is it for residential?
Open for sale now?
Not the residential wan..is the lifestyle soho unit.
+Quote Post
kok_pun
post Sep 23 2011, 09:50 AM

On my way

750psf is a lt of $$
+Quote Post
ronn77
post Sep 23 2011, 10:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(walle @ Sep 23 2011, 09:47 AM)
Not the residential wan..is the lifestyle soho unit.
Any good package included? such as dibs, mot, furnished, grr, etc?
+Quote Post
walle
post Sep 23 2011, 11:10 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ronn77 @ Sep 23 2011, 10:01 AM)
Any good package included? such as dibs, mot, furnished, grr, etc?
yup, bt nt much, booking 10k, 90:10 scheme, dibs, rebate 10%
+Quote Post
airline
post Sep 23 2011, 11:35 AM

7 stars

QUOTE(kok_pun @ Sep 23 2011, 09:50 AM)
750psf is a lt of $$
Rebate 10 percent Ma..

+Quote Post
walle
post Sep 23 2011, 04:49 PM

Regular

i think arcoris is much more $$$
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Sep 24 2011, 08:09 PM

On my way

QUOTE(walle @ Sep 23 2011, 04:49 PM)
i think arcoris is much more $$$
Is Arcoris MK20?

+Quote Post
ManutdGiggs
post Sep 24 2011, 10:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Anyone has details for arcoris?
+Quote Post
walle
post Sep 25 2011, 12:54 AM

Regular

QUOTE(RomaNce @ Sep 24 2011, 08:09 PM)
Is Arcoris MK20?
Yaya..
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Sep 29 2011, 01:38 PM

On my way

QUOTE(walle @ Sep 25 2011, 12:54 AM)
Yaya..
I registered many months ago or long time ago....just no news. The price is a bit on the high side oh...
+Quote Post
yoki
post Sep 29 2011, 01:43 PM

Regular

any new exciting launches coming up here?
+Quote Post
airline
post Sep 30 2011, 05:51 PM

7 stars

Dutaland- clearing land.

This post has been edited by airline: Sep 30 2011, 05:52 PM
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Sep 30 2011, 06:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(airline @ Sep 30 2011, 05:51 PM)
Dutaland- clearing land.
dutaland,, so i guess it's the super duper huge kenny height project.......and TTDI is almost clear all the land at Matrade center area there.....o ya, solaris dutamas is getting more n more happening.........food court there can find those local chinese food and also quite lots of nice fine dining places...
+Quote Post
airline
post Sep 30 2011, 08:10 PM

7 stars

How many shop open at publika?
Present shops there can't make it in my opinion
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Sep 30 2011, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(airline @ Sep 30 2011, 08:10 PM)
Inside publka, only food court , some beauty center, pharmacy, sailon..but lots of shops are under reno...
+Quote Post
walle
post Oct 1 2011, 01:27 PM

Regular

more shops coming soon, mph, boutique, restaurant and cafe already open their door for business. still very empty but should full swing after oct. i think BIG already open too.
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 1 2011, 01:31 PM

7 stars

at most become like plaza damas only..
+Quote Post
walle
post Oct 1 2011, 01:36 PM

Regular

i think it could do better than plaza damas, becoz just some distance away there are planty of mid range condo..etc changkat view, menara duta..etc. my shop is there, the 1st wave tenant mostly close down dy, de 2nd wave is doing good, lucky i'm in the 2nd wave..hehe
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 1 2011, 02:16 PM

7 stars

Parking problem.. Dbkl tow everytime as well. Park inside all reserved.
Not sure about now
+Quote Post
walle
post Oct 1 2011, 02:26 PM

Regular

parking a headache previously when most basement parking all reserved n dbkl tow those car park by road side mah..those cars should be tow anyway coz they r causing unnecessary traffic obstruction..they r opening up more parking now..so not jz limited to the block A's parking..
+Quote Post
accetera
post Oct 1 2011, 02:32 PM

Ambassador of Housing

Publika @ Solaris Dutamas

user posted image
+Quote Post
tpleong
post Oct 1 2011, 04:13 PM

Getting Started

Was there having dinner last night, not bad! It will be another Curve.

+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 1 2011, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Yea, will become another 'the street' just like the curve...full with nice fining place....parking should not be a problem..basemewnt parking open for public withonly RM1 per acess.......

i actually the crowd at there is doing better than plaza damas and solaris mont kiara
+Quote Post
Pai
post Oct 2 2011, 06:29 PM

so whats the most undervalued highrise in MK today? Assuming looking for something for own stay........budget 800k and below...............sizes at 1500psf to 2000psf........must below 8 years old.......

any suggestions?
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 2 2011, 07:05 PM

7 stars

U want buy mont kiara now?
+Quote Post
Pai
post Oct 2 2011, 07:34 PM

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 2 2011, 07:05 PM)
U want buy mont kiara now?
For own stay..........YES.

For investment.............NO.

wink.gif
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 2 2011, 09:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

MK new launching all skyhigh price...if die die wanna invest..i will chose those around 1000-1200sqf unit with less than 600k..
mk pines, pelangi, palma, amalspuri, angkupuri, casa kiara 1, laman suria...
+Quote Post
spydermind
post Oct 2 2011, 11:00 PM

On my way

QUOTE(doomdoom @ Oct 2 2011, 09:59 PM)
MK new launching all skyhigh price...if die die wanna invest..i will chose those around 1000-1200sqf unit with less than 600k..
mk pines, pelangi, palma, amalspuri, angkupuri, casa kiara 1, laman suria...
Agree... some of the existing condo is pretty much "reasonably" price and if you like the location and surrounding for own stay...i reckon it makes lot of sense....many area now are with new condo selling more than this price....and even the existing one also selling close the the psf price which relatively make MK a notable option for condo purchase especially for own stay....
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Oct 2 2011, 11:37 PM

On my way

QUOTE(airline @ Sep 30 2011, 08:10 PM)
Dutaland need to sell it's estate for 830 mil successfully first then only can start the Kenny heights project oh. Publika shops not really that many yet, still have to wait but looks good

Added on October 2, 2011, 11:41 pm
QUOTE(airline @ Oct 1 2011, 02:16 PM)
Parking problem.. Dbkl tow everytime as well. Park inside all reserved.
Not sure about now
My car kena tow once n got it back from jinjang bcos of the parking problem.

This post has been edited by RomaNce: Oct 3 2011, 11:17 AM
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 3 2011, 10:24 AM

7 stars

QUOTE(Pai @ Oct 2 2011, 07:34 PM)

wink.gif
If u can spare rm950k u can still get a brand new unit 1600sq feet completed.

800k older units still need to spend to do it up. Get new better
If u dont mind jam, new 800k have ynh project ceriaan kiara
+Quote Post
yoki
post Oct 3 2011, 10:31 AM

Regular

any condot that, that......ceiling heights is >11ft? in MK?
+Quote Post
walle
post Oct 3 2011, 02:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 3 2011, 10:24 AM)

but ceriaan kiara very near to the segambut settlement right? sad.gif

Added on October 3, 2011, 2:37 pm
QUOTE(Pai @ Oct 2 2011, 07:34 PM)

wink.gif
Pai taikor wana move to MK liao? rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by walle: Oct 3 2011, 02:37 PM
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 3 2011, 04:31 PM

7 stars

Near sentul Ma..
Pai, u no like Ytl?

+Quote Post
zephyrus9999
post Oct 3 2011, 04:52 PM

Casual

lol topic mount kiara..

high class living.. im wondering the prospect in MK but isnt it abit too oversupply? just type MK in iprop and u'll get tons of pages ~.~''
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 3 2011, 05:19 PM

7 stars

high class ma..
go back can get to audi r8, porsche, ferrari, volkswagen, volvo
continental cars.

+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 3 2011, 09:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(zephyrus9999 @ Oct 3 2011, 04:52 PM)
lol topic mount kiara..

high class living.. im wondering the prospect in MK but isnt it abit too oversupply? just type MK in iprop and u'll get tons of pages ~.~''
Not many ppl afford to buy MK ma...that why looks oversupply...i belive quite a number of units own by those foreigners.....cheap for them..they dun mind hold it...rather than sell cheaper...MK always gt it's own good reputation...other old area like cheras , old klang road, kuchai eventhough gt pontetial but hard to get like MK reputation..
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Oct 3 2011, 09:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 3 2011, 05:19 PM)
high class ma..
go back can get to audi r8, porsche, ferrari, volkswagen, volvo
continental cars.
take out vw and volvo la... different league by 100 miles....
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Oct 3 2011, 11:49 PM

On my way

QUOTE(zephyrus9999 @ Oct 3 2011, 04:52 PM)
lol topic mount kiara..

Mont Kiara the Best!!
+Quote Post
walle
post Oct 4 2011, 09:10 AM

Regular

QUOTE(RomaNce @ Oct 3 2011, 11:49 PM)
Mont Kiara the Best!!
I guess mont kiara hv its own attraction, nowadays i see more local staying there, for 1 probably the 'status' but i believe the safe neighbourhood could be 1 of the many main reasons.
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 4 2011, 09:31 AM

7 stars

No break in within same condo I guess
+Quote Post
Pai
post Oct 4 2011, 11:17 AM

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 3 2011, 04:31 PM)
Near sentul Ma..
Pai, u no like Ytl?
I like YTL props .....but for 400psf onwards + own stay............ i'd bet on MK.............

Added on October 4, 2011, 11:17 am
QUOTE(airline @ Oct 3 2011, 04:31 PM)
Near sentul Ma..
Pai, u no like Ytl?
I like YTL props .....but for 400psf onwards + own stay............ i'd bet on MK.............

Added on October 4, 2011, 12:01 pm
QUOTE(airline @ Oct 3 2011, 10:24 AM)

trying to whack something below 800k........and fully renovated instead.............possible mou?

This post has been edited by Pai: Oct 4 2011, 12:01 PM
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Oct 4 2011, 11:51 PM

On my way

QUOTE(walle @ Oct 4 2011, 09:10 AM)
I guess mont kiara hv its own attraction, nowadays i see more local staying there, for 1 probably the 'status' but i believe the safe neighbourhood could be 1 of the many main reasons.
safe neighbourhood, convenient with everything nearby and not too expensive compared to other area...
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 5 2011, 07:27 AM

7 stars

QUOTE(Pai @ Oct 4 2011, 11:17 AM)

Added on October 4, 2011, 11:17 am

Added on October 4, 2011, 12:01 pm
trying to whack something below 800k........and fully renovated instead.............possible mou?
Try Hartamas regency
But even is fully furnished is old ID
+Quote Post
ronn77
post Oct 5 2011, 07:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Can see that more locals are beginning staying there. I think apart fm safetiness, with the current price surging in most of KV makes MK looks cheaper than before so if one can afford 500 - 700k of condos then they have the option to get a unit in MK too. Afterall the price of older phase of units in MK does not appreciate much and looks like a better buy for some people.
+Quote Post
Minolta
post Oct 5 2011, 11:04 PM

Regular

Wah, this old thread suddenly become active again. MK has been a good place for me. My first property investment was here and I'm still accumulating here.
+Quote Post
Swim
post Oct 10 2011, 10:13 AM

You have any idea when is MK 20 launching?
+Quote Post
junksofsam
post Oct 10 2011, 10:40 AM

Getting Started

active maybe now MK property prices become attractive again?

I am interested in buying a house in MK as well for own stay in future (coz working abroad now). Any suggestion?

my wife eye on Seni previously, but selling around RM 680 psf.. so for big unit around 2000 sf, it will cost at least 1.3-1.5 mil..

anyone has better suggestion?
+Quote Post
Novensiles
post Oct 10 2011, 11:11 AM

Getting Started

any idea if there are any plans on developing the area at jalan segambut? the one surrouding kiara 3 condo..
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 10 2011, 11:32 AM

7 stars

QUOTE(junksofsam @ Oct 10 2011, 10:40 AM)

I am interested in buying a house in MK as well for own stay in future (coz working abroad now). Any suggestion?

my wife eye on Seni previously, but selling around RM 680 psf.. so for big unit around 2000 sf, it will cost at least 1.3-1.5 mil..

seni my top choice mont kiara
After that mk10, mk11 is u prefer sunrise product
Seni get bathtub face klcc view
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 10 2011, 12:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

MK always my favourite and a place i would like to settle down..
+Quote Post
ultraman29
post Oct 10 2011, 12:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(junksofsam @ Oct 10 2011, 10:40 AM)

A lot of my frens think like u, work overseas, quite a few bought MK condos for own stay in future and in the interim, rent out first. Now the bigger size units are back in demand for this segment.

Seni smallest unit is around 2400sf. You wont get anything below 1.6m in Seni. If got also prob on Grd or very low floor, which is not advisable for own stay.

Next best is the condo next to it, Kiaraville. Some units can still get Seni view.
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 10 2011, 12:23 PM

7 stars

yup, bigger units in demand..
locals buying..
+Quote Post
jet2020
post Oct 10 2011, 12:34 PM

Casual

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 10 2011, 12:23 PM)
yup, bigger units in demand..
locals buying..
i agreed.....many returning Msian expats chosen MK as their homes

+Quote Post
ultraman29
post Oct 10 2011, 12:35 PM

Getting Started

A lot of locals are realising how cheap it is in MK compared with rediculous prices all around KV, KD seeling 800psf, PJ selling 800psf. and MK selling 600psf. And i am very sure the standard in MK condos is higher than this small crazy condos launching left and right.

+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 10 2011, 12:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!

MK definetely owrth buying..eventhough setapak, old klang road ,cheras maluri can sell 500-700psf above......this is insane for me...

This post has been edited by doomdoom: Oct 10 2011, 12:51 PM
+Quote Post
jet2020
post Oct 10 2011, 12:56 PM

Casual

many devs hv been pulling wools over buyers' eyes with many 'nice to have' frills, deceiving artist illustrations and questionable promises.....with less emphasis on location strength.

Location and quality living wise, MK will beat many new launches and more value for money
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 10 2011, 02:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!

But many ppl still say MK overprice...

at the same time, can accept cheras maluri, old klang road, kuchai lama new launches with more than 500 psf....the eyes blind by the developer's artist impression modal.....hehe
+Quote Post
ultraman29
post Oct 10 2011, 02:37 PM

Getting Started

Not many ppl say MK is overprice. Ppl always only say MK is overbuilt.

But how many of these ppl stay in MK? Quality of living in MK is very very good even when compared with long-time affluent neighbourhoods like Dsara Heights and Bangsar. Access to highways is aplenty and more high end new shopping malls are coming up.

You want to pay MK price for say papilon in tmn desa? live amongst "lower" end crowd but paid "higher" end price, or pay "higher" end price and live amongst "higher" status ppl?
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Oct 10 2011, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ultraman29 @ Oct 10 2011, 02:37 PM)
Not many ppl say MK is overprice. Ppl always only say MK is overbuilt.

But how many of these ppl stay in MK? Quality of living in MK is very very good even when compared with long-time affluent neighbourhoods like Dsara Heights and Bangsar. Access to highways is aplenty and more high end new shopping malls are coming up.

You want to pay MK price for say papilon in tmn desa? live amongst "lower" end crowd but paid "higher" end price, or pay "higher" end price and live amongst "higher" status ppl?
taman desa is consider quite nt bad lo.....other like cheras maluri, pay 700psf for the sunway velocity and live at jln peel, or some 500psf above to live at old klang road and kuchai lama or setapak...well, no offense...i think those areas new launches are really quite overprice for now and the next 5 years.......the price for those areas should be less than 500 psf.....

there are still some completed quite new condo at MK is about 450psf only...eg casa kiara, laman suria...and some older and well maintain condos like pines, palma, angkupuri are all price below 500 psf.......sri hartamas or even dutamas area u can get around 400 psf and these areas better than other area at KV..., honestly, i think in term of location and accessbility, living quality... environment...wins all the way compare to those areas i mentioned above..no offense ya...
+Quote Post
junksofsam
post Oct 10 2011, 03:00 PM

Getting Started

been to Seni and like the environment inside, 2 weeks ago when i was there with my family, saw some angmo swimming in the swimming pool.. haha then my wife like it very much..

anyway, saw few units, and some of them even have agong palace view from the bathtub or balcony.. now how many apartment in KL which can have that kind of view???
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 10 2011, 03:09 PM

7 stars

maybe solaris dutamas got palace view also. facing duta tropika.
but quality inside solaris dutamas poor.
+Quote Post
kh8668
post Oct 25 2011, 11:26 PM

Mamma Mia!

tongue.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by kh8668: Oct 26 2011, 08:40 PM
+Quote Post
the_gsanc
post Oct 29 2011, 11:01 PM

Getting Started

Kiara 9 Residency has the best furnishing and premium quality. I would said the best quality condo in Mont Kiara. Reasonable pricing at below RM700psf. Can pm me for more info.
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 30 2011, 03:03 AM

7 stars

so cheap rm700psf. faster buy
+Quote Post
Phoeni_142
post Oct 30 2011, 09:45 AM

Enthusiast

i prefer the older ones....always thought that MK Bayu was quite well maintained....smaller built ups are at about 520 psf, the last I checked.
+Quote Post
zuiko407
post Oct 30 2011, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Oct 30 2011, 09:45 AM)
i prefer the older ones....always thought that MK Bayu was quite well maintained....smaller built ups are at about 520 psf, the last I checked.
MK bayu?? don't choose the unit with something in the fridge happened few years b4 tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Phoeni_142
post Oct 30 2011, 09:55 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(zuiko407 @ Oct 30 2011, 09:47 AM)
MK bayu?? don't choose the unit with something in the fridge happened few years b4 tongue.gif
Bingo! it's perceptions like that present more parang opportunities....

The more people that think that way, the better boss smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Oct 30 2011, 09:55 AM
+Quote Post
zuiko407
post Oct 30 2011, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Oct 30 2011, 09:55 AM)

i have agree with u rclxms.gif
was there yesterday, visit a unit at Ceriaan, any opinion about this?
+Quote Post
Phoeni_142
post Oct 30 2011, 10:57 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(zuiko407 @ Oct 30 2011, 10:42 AM)
i have agree with u rclxms.gif
was there yesterday, visit a unit at Ceriaan, any opinion about this?
Actually bro....I'm not 100% updated on MK as it's not one of my key tgt areas....so my comments may be "off" sikit. I used to play badminton at a friends place there....hence the "affinity" towards it..... smile.gif

In general, I tend not to be so bullish about props on Jalan kiara 3, due to accessbility issues....Unless can parang kau kau and take advantage of its proximity to the kampung? If one would to consider JK 3, perhaps the larger sized / penthouse units for Lanai & Vista may present more opportunities? For me, personally, I have a bias towards the older sunrise condos at JK 1.

what's your view? any key condo's and MK that u r keen or eyeing specifically?

+Quote Post
Pos86
post Oct 30 2011, 11:36 AM

MK is one of _the_ place to be in now - with all the amenities and good management running each condo, I'm loving this place. I have a unit at MK23 and used to stay there for a while before it was rented out, and I really miss the experience. Oversupply to me is a silver lining, and I was literally hoping for more "Bayu incidences" to happen in my targetted condos smile.gif
Always hear about people saying, with that price rather buy a landed bla-bla junk. I really liked the experience of staying in a place that's well managed and safe and in turn i pay a minimal maintenance fee. I like to go back to home after a tiring day and being greeted by the big @ss Nepalese guards (they give the BEST salute), perhaps stumble upon other tenants and have a chat while in the lift. If I fancy Korean/Jap food I can just hang around the vicinity and get genuine K/J food rather than those commercialized awful franchise food. If I'm up for a drink why not pop by Solaris and have a chat with my friends there?
The JMV formed is just... Awesome. That's a bad word to use, but MK condos consistently have above par management running the premise. If we wanted more trees, there were more trees. If we wanted a sound barrier, we had sound barrier. If we wanted our door knobs to be plated in gold, we had our door knobs plated in gold. Just kidding smile.gif
There you go, the MK experience. Quite some have never experienced this and always go on the landed frenzy route, but then, this might be a matter of preference rather than monetary judgement. My 2 cents smile.gif
+Quote Post
hellworld
post Oct 30 2011, 12:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pos86 @ Oct 30 2011, 11:36 AM)
MK is one of _the_ place to be in now - with all the amenities and good management running each condo, I'm loving this place. I have a unit at MK23 and used to stay there for a while before it was rented out, and I really miss the experience. Oversupply to me is a silver lining, and I was literally hoping for more "Bayu incidences" to happen in my targetted condos smile.gif
Always hear about people saying, with that price rather buy a landed bla-bla junk. I really liked the experience of staying in a place that's well managed and safe and in turn i pay a minimal maintenance fee. I like to go back to home after a tiring day and being greeted by the big @ss Nepalese guards (they give the BEST salute), perhaps stumble upon other tenants and have a chat while in the lift. If I fancy Korean/Jap food I can just hang around the vicinity and get genuine K/J food rather than those commercialized awful franchise food. If I'm up for a drink why not pop by Solaris and have a chat with my friends there?
The JMV formed is just... Awesome. That's a bad word to use, but MK condos consistently have above par management running the premise. If we wanted more trees, there were more trees. If we wanted a sound barrier, we had sound barrier. If we wanted our door knobs to be plated in gold, we had our door knobs plated in gold. Just kidding smile.gif
There you go, the MK experience. Quite some have never experienced this and always go on the landed frenzy route, but then, this might be a matter of preference rather than monetary judgement. My 2 cents smile.gif
agree on wht u say about MK...but..which condo is MK23?
+Quote Post
zuiko407
post Oct 30 2011, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Oct 30 2011, 10:57 AM)
Actually bro....I'm not 100% updated on MK as it's not one of my key tgt areas....so my comments may be "off" sikit.  I used to play badminton at a friends place there....hence the "affinity" towards it..... smile.gif

In general, I tend not to be so bullish about props on Jalan kiara 3, due to accessbility issues....Unless can parang kau kau and take advantage of its proximity to the kampung?  If one would to consider JK 3, perhaps the larger sized / penthouse units for Lanai & Vista may present more opportunities?  For me, personally, I have a bias towards the older sunrise condos at JK 1.

what's your view? any key condo's and MK that u r keen or eyeing specifically?
you're right, sunrise product the better choice, i'm targeting meridin 1800sf, below 900k biggrin.gif

Added on October 30, 2011, 12:34 pmthinking to wait for next year price goes down, but i feel like won't happen.

This post has been edited by zuiko407: Oct 30 2011, 12:34 PM
+Quote Post
R o Y
post Oct 30 2011, 02:33 PM

Casual

30% cannot be the overall occupancy of the entire Mont Kiara.

For some of the newer condos like MK 10, Lumina & Cerian, occupancy still low, probably about 30%.

Just handed over condos like MK11 & Seni just handed over keys, now doing rectification and renovation so occupancy <30%

Verve Suite on the other hand is filling up very fast, >60% eventhough still new. Many owners not renting though preferring to use as weekend home.

However for the rest of Mont Kiara's 30+ condos, occupancy is 50%-80%

I would guesstimate the overall MK occupancy to be about 50%-60%

Also sometimes there are empty units belonging to investors with too much money. They just buy to hold and prefer to leave it empty rather than renting it out.

Added on October 30, 2011, 2:35 pm
QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Oct 30 2011, 09:55 AM)

Agreed, I feel MK Bayu is quite value for money because price has not moved up as much compared to the others

This post has been edited by R o Y: Oct 30 2011, 02:35 PM
+Quote Post
airline
post Oct 30 2011, 02:40 PM

7 stars

Please snap some mont kiara bayu photos and post here
+Quote Post
Phoeni_142
post Oct 30 2011, 02:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(zuiko407 @ Oct 30 2011, 12:33 PM)
you're right, sunrise product the better choice, i'm targeting meridin 1800sf, below 900k  biggrin.gif

Added on October 30, 2011, 12:34 pmthinking to wait for next year price goes down, but i feel like won't happen.
well.....one could never truly forecast price direction....we may just get lucky....sometimes an economic calaminity may hit a person who may be forced to sell quickly....the possible scenarios could go on and on.....I guess the point i'm trying to make is that we really have to monitor our tgt areas very vigilantly....like a hawk even....and take advantage of a possibly volatile 2012.

by the way....love your avatar.....very hot!

lust.gif
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Oct 30 2011, 09:24 PM

On my way

Sigh. Suddenly everyone talk about mk bayu. I have few units there and hopefully can get one or two next yr. Thought of just buy when the right chance but now seem like everyone come back to mk. If anyone wnt to sell their mk bayu with the right price, pls pm me.
+Quote Post
Phoeni_142
post Oct 30 2011, 09:32 PM

Enthusiast

It's okay chief....U can have MK Bayu....So u can have erase me as one the guys that wanna come back in. Was never there at the first place.

just tcss to contribute towards discussion purposes only.

Liked the maintenance, but won't buy for my own personal investment....doesn't fit my investment strategy.

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Oct 30 2011, 09:35 PM
+Quote Post
spydermind
post Oct 30 2011, 09:34 PM

On my way

Romance, are you renting all your units out? How is the rental rate now? couple of years back, i was keen to invest, but many told me that the rental rate is dropping slilghtly due to the competition of other new condo....
+Quote Post
R o Y
post Oct 30 2011, 11:03 PM

Casual

Some Bayu units lower rent due to facing MK28 construction
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Oct 31 2011, 12:05 AM

On my way

QUOTE(spydermind @ Oct 30 2011, 09:34 PM)
Romance, are you renting all your units out? How is the rental rate now? couple of years back, i was keen to invest, but many told me that the rental rate is dropping slilghtly due to the competition of other new condo....
Hi Spydermind, all my units rented out. I only have units 1 or 2 rooms but no 3 rooms unit. The rate are quite good. MK still a good place to invest but need to choose the right condo. I prefer to stay at jalan kiara area but not the other roads and sunrise ppty only. Bayu is well maintained. You missed the train. If you invested few years back is good. If you go in now still ok, because the rental still able to cover all expenses (must got the right price oh ) .

MK28 not affecting much.

The price of Bayu compare to others still very reasonable.

If there is anyone willing to sell their unit with the right price pls PM me.

This post has been edited by RomaNce: Oct 31 2011, 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
airline
post Nov 1 2011, 11:53 PM

7 stars

Anyone noticed all mont kiara roads going to be or done up?
+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Nov 2 2011, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(airline @ Nov 1 2011, 11:53 PM)
Anyone noticed all mont kiara roads going to be or done up?
wht u mean by going to be or done up?
+Quote Post
airline
post Nov 4 2011, 03:51 PM

7 stars

resurfaced.
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Jan 9 2012, 01:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!

lets not let this thread kept in silence..

its amazing how condos of other suburbs had reached new height in recent days..

Bukit jalil 500 to 600psft - Treez, KM1
Puchong 400 to 500 psft - Zefer Hills, SW, Trigon
Old Klang Road - 400 to 500psft
USJ - 500 to 600psf @_@ - Damen
Subang - 400 to 500psf
Sunway - 600psf - Nautica
PJ Icon - 1000psft @_@
Mutiara Damansara - 600psf
Ok.. did i missed out anything hmm.gif

Revisit MK again, some of the older ones around 450psft to 500psft.. even though its older than most of the new launch, the place still has excellent amenities and accessibilty.. not to mention surrounded by upmarket communities..

looking at the recent launching prices of other places, MK being a desirable address doesnt seems that expensive anymore.. maybe its good time to whack a good unit for own stay..

there are still plenty subsale with rm600k below for unit 1000 to 1200 psft.. you might get below rm500k unit if you are lucky.. Sunrise products are still the much more desirable one... these condos are still in excellent condition.

saw a few resonable ones, laman suria, KDS and seems everyone still talking about Bayu (although got murder case la)

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Jan 9 2012, 01:23 AM
+Quote Post
airline
post Jan 9 2012, 09:23 AM

7 stars

i suggest for own stay the 1600sq feet above for own stay.

1000-1200 too small, not healthy

try irekas projects at mk

This post has been edited by airline: Jan 9 2012, 09:25 AM
+Quote Post
owj
post Mar 18 2012, 01:11 PM

Getting Started

Have gotten an offer for i-zen1 1154 sq ft at less than RM700K. Currently tenanted just enough to cover monthly installment. Thinking of going in already but want to hear what sifu hear have to say abt i-zen1?

Thanks.
+Quote Post
post Mar 18 2012, 01:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Jan 9 2012, 01:21 AM)
lets not let this thread kept in silence..

its amazing how condos of other suburbs had reached new height in recent days..

Subang - 400 to 500psf
PJ Icon - 1000psft @_@
Ok.. did i missed out anything  hmm.gif

Revisit MK again, some of the older ones around 450psft to 500psft.. even though its older than most of the new launch, the place still has excellent amenities and accessibilty.. not to mention surrounded by upmarket communities..

looking at the recent launching prices of other places, MK being a desirable address doesnt seems that expensive anymore.. maybe its good time to whack a good unit for own stay..

there are still plenty subsale with rm600k below for unit 1000 to 1200 psft.. you might get below rm500k unit if you are lucky.. Sunrise products are still the much more desirable one... these condos are still in excellent condition.

saw a few resonable ones, laman suria, KDS and seems everyone still talking about Bayu (although got murder case la)
The newer Mutiara Damansara condos are definitely >600psf now sad.gif

+Quote Post
doomdoom
post Mar 18 2012, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Yea MK is still even the best place for invest and own stay when compare to other new launch at other areas...
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Mar 18 2012, 04:50 PM

On my way

QUOTE(owj @ Mar 18 2012, 01:11 PM)
Have gotten an offer for i-zen1 1154 sq ft at less than RM700K. Currently tenanted just enough to cover monthly installment. Thinking of going in already but want to hear what sifu hear have to say abt i-zen1?

Thanks.
Too expensive. Rental must be 3500 which is hard to get your next suitable tenant with this price range.
+Quote Post
airline
post Mar 18 2012, 05:38 PM

7 stars

Tenanted to company, Japanese or local?
+Quote Post
AVFAN
post Mar 18 2012, 06:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Jan 9 2012, 01:21 AM)
Subang - 400 to 500psf
PJ Icon - 1000psft @_@

there can be 2 possibilities:

1. price keep going up, new ones faster than old ones.

2. more likely, a lot go with cheap financing to buy new, only with flip intentions.
which means if you are into rental game, these new ones may not be as good as mk.
i'll take a reasonably well maintained old mk unit for <500psf anytime rather than any of those listed above.
surely not to flip but for own stay or rental.

any chance overall mk prices will dip another 10%? i wish. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Mar 18 2012, 06:09 PM
+Quote Post
owj
post Mar 19 2012, 03:24 PM

Getting Started

It is actually tenanted to a Japanese. Although the rent right now is slightly lower there are other unit already renting at rm4.5k.

My concern is that this unit is facing highway (south), although high floor. Any comments?
+Quote Post
ultraman29
post Mar 19 2012, 03:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(owj @ Mar 19 2012, 03:24 PM)
It is actually tenanted to a Japanese. Although the rent right now is slightly lower there are other unit already renting at rm4.5k.

My concern is that this unit is facing highway (south), although high floor. Any comments?
i have seen units of this facing before. very noisy cos facing the highway. the 913sf units which is facing the other side is the more popular one in izen 1.

for your description seems the yield is on 5-6%? Not very attractive because I know someone who is selling at above 6.5% yield and a MNC corporate tenant... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
sandy072282
post Mar 19 2012, 07:17 PM

Getting Started

im looking at buying a unit for own stay, any chances i can get a unit <450k for a size>800sqf? can anyone here recommend?
+Quote Post
zuiko407
post Mar 19 2012, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(sandy072282 @ Mar 19 2012, 07:17 PM)
im looking at buying a unit for own stay, any chances i can get a unit <450k for a size>800sqf? can anyone here recommend?
go to iproperty, put location to mont kiara, put max price to 450k, put min size to 800sf. and click search.
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post Mar 19 2012, 08:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(zuiko407 @ Mar 19 2012, 07:45 PM)
go to iproperty, put location to mont kiara, put max price to 450k, put min size to 800sf. and click search.
The answer of iproperty will show zero.

Added on March 19, 2012, 8:11 pm
If u do not mind which floor and direction, check with the bayu management, there is one unit on ground floor (no worry actually is above ground level) selling only about 420 to 450k for1068 or 1050sqf. This unit, u need to put in another 25 to 35k for Reno.

This post has been edited by RomaNce: Mar 19 2012, 08:11 PM
+Quote Post
samuelazz
post Mar 19 2012, 10:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(R o Y @ Oct 30 2011, 02:33 PM)
30% cannot be the overall occupancy of the entire Mont Kiara.

For some of the newer condos like MK 10, Lumina & Cerian, occupancy still low, probably about 30%.

Added on October 30, 2011, 2:35 pm

Agreed, I feel MK Bayu is quite value for money because price has not moved up as much compared to the others
MK10 cannot be 30%. maybe Lumina. i would guess MK10 > 80%. The popular newer condo in MK for >2000sf is MK10 and Kiaraville. MK11 just handed over thus needs time.
+Quote Post
owj
post Mar 20 2012, 09:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ultraman29 @ Mar 19 2012, 03:56 PM)
i have seen units of this facing before. very noisy cos facing the highway. the 913sf units which is facing the other side is the more popular one in izen 1.

for your description seems the yield is on 5-6%? Not very attractive because I know someone who is selling at above 6.5% yield and a MNC corporate tenant...  thumbup.gif
Thanks. I do agree but psf that the unit offered to me is 20% cheaper compared to 913 sqft. That's why am looking seriously at it.

Seems like a lot of same units for sale keep repeating in i-property for months. Difficult to sell now?

+Quote Post
ultraman29
post Mar 20 2012, 12:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(owj @ Mar 20 2012, 09:57 AM)
Thanks. I do agree but psf that the unit offered to me is 20% cheaper compared to 913 sqft. That's why am looking seriously at it.

Seems like a lot of same units for sale keep repeating in i-property for months. Difficult to sell now?
the units facing the highway is always 15-20% cheaper psf wise compared with the other side, from vp till today.

Look at the occupancy as well, the highway side is also lower and more difficult to rent out.
+Quote Post
airline
post Mar 20 2012, 01:20 PM

7 stars

plaza damas side maybe or dutamas

+Quote Post
RomaNce
post May 18 2012, 08:52 PM

On my way

I just got a unit 400k 800sqf.

Anyone know what happened to arcoris or mk20? Seem like market no good and no launching yet which suppose to be beginning of the year oh.

What happened the the mixed development next to mk 20? Not able to sell too?
+Quote Post
echoesian
post May 18 2012, 10:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(RomaNce @ May 18 2012, 08:52 PM)
I just got a unit 400k 800sqf.

Anyone know what happened to arcoris or mk20? Seem like market no good and no launching yet which suppose to be beginning of the year oh.

What happened the the mixed development next to mk 20? Not able to sell too?
Which condo you got for 400k ?
+Quote Post
RomaNce
post May 18 2012, 11:20 PM

On my way

QUOTE(echoesian @ May 18 2012, 10:09 PM)
Which condo you got for 400k ?
U looking for one too? 800sqf condo in mk, not too many oh, u should know which one oh. Located at jalan kiara walking distance to plaza mk and one mk.
+Quote Post
sky reno
post Jul 9 2012, 04:00 PM

I believe quite some areas especially like MK will go up in prices. If you look at the early posting of this thread (sometime in mid 2009), people were posting on the potential of MK but now (3 years later), the prices have gone up.

I guess, this will give some ideas to us. This are some of the areas which are sought after so prices will go up.
+Quote Post
tikaram
post Jul 9 2012, 04:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(sky reno @ Jul 9 2012, 05:00 PM)
I believe quite some areas especially like MK will go up in prices. If you look at the early posting of this thread (sometime in mid 2009), people were posting on the potential of MK but now (3 years later), the prices have gone up.

I guess, this will give some ideas to us. This are some of the areas which are sought after so prices will go up.
The sub-sales offer good bargain. This section that push MK price overall.

All newly launch si be expensive.
+Quote Post
airline
post Jul 17 2012, 08:31 PM

7 stars

This at segambut? Beside kiara 3?
+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 17 2012, 09:18 PM

Stay hungry, stay foolish

QUOTE(airline @ Jul 17 2012, 08:31 PM)
This at segambut? Beside kiara 3?
It's between Jalan Kiara 3 & Jalan Kiara 5, beside Garden International School...according to the map given tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Chris Chew
post Jul 17 2012, 09:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(chrisw @ Jul 17 2012, 07:34 PM)
Project name: One Kiara
Completion - end of 2013
2,756sq ft
Freehold
Commercial
3+1 rooms, 4 bAth rooms
Total - 226units
Each floor 4units only, with PRIVATE lift
3-parking bays (side by side)
Built-in cAbinets for all rooms, wet & dry kitchen
Dry kitchen - hood, hob, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher
Wet kitchen - Refrigerator, washer dryer, hood, hob
Price from RM2.13M onwards (before discount)
Below RM600/sq ft(after discount)

Package:
Booking fees - RM50k
Free legal fees on SPA
DIBS
30% discount on purchase price (basically guarantee profits >RM400K if sell after handover, calculation not included appreciation)  drool.gif
If interested, may PM me for more details  notworthy.gif
Wow 30% discount with DIBS ...

+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 17 2012, 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Chris Chew @ Jul 17 2012, 09:26 PM)
Interested? brows.gif
+Quote Post
ahsoh
post Jul 17 2012, 09:49 PM

Casual

Is this the glass pyramid roof condo?

Added on July 17, 2012, 10:12 pm30% discount mean zero down even with 70% loan margin? hehe...

This post has been edited by ahsoh: Jul 17 2012, 10:12 PM
+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 17 2012, 10:38 PM

QUOTE(ahsoh @ Jul 17 2012, 09:49 PM)
Is this the glass pyramid roof condo?

Added on July 17, 2012, 10:12 pm30% discount mean zero down even with 70% loan margin? hehe...
Yes nod.gif

Unfortunately, that's the catch..

Yes, it's 30% discount. However, purchaser still need to pay RM50k as booking fee & 10%(balance after minus RM50K) as down payment due to some issue. The 10% would be return back to purchaser after a period of time.

This is money make money game & reason why I say guarantee profit of RM400k after 1.5years(this is minimum calculation if purchaser sell the unit below 10% of CURRENT market price.. brows.gif
+Quote Post
siakap5
post Jul 17 2012, 11:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(chrisw @ Jul 17 2012, 10:38 PM)
Yes  nod.gif

Yes, it's 30% discount. However, purchaser still need to pay RM50k as booking fee & 10%(balance after minus RM50K) as down payment due to some issue. The 10% would be return back to purchaser after a period of time.

This is money make money game & reason why I say guarantee profit of RM400k after 1.5years(this is minimum calculation if purchaser sell the unit below 10% of CURRENT market price..  brows.gif
Instead of promoting u shld buy more. Or buy all. 400 k x ? Guarantee la. See yr post i terus kaya.
+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 17 2012, 11:09 PM

QUOTE(siakap5 @ Jul 17 2012, 11:01 PM)
Instead of promoting u shld buy more. Or buy all. 400 k x ? Guarantee la. See yr post i terus kaya.
Please read carefully my post earlier and this is not something for average joe like me could afford to buy yawn.gif
+Quote Post
thomasjo
post Jul 18 2012, 09:02 AM

QUOTE(Chris Chew @ Jul 17 2012, 09:26 PM)
So, can we get 90% LTV on RM2.13mil, then pay 70% only for property, and keep 20% for more bullets?

+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jul 18 2012, 09:23 AM

i like hot hot chick

wow, look nice but the price. not sure folio can fullfill that
+Quote Post
airline
post Jul 18 2012, 09:28 AM

7 stars

Rental can collect so high?

+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jul 18 2012, 09:30 AM

i like hot hot chick

desperate sales man posting every where? hmm
+Quote Post
New Klang
post Jul 18 2012, 09:31 AM

Regular

QUOTE(chrisw @ Jul 17 2012, 10:38 PM)
Yes  nod.gif

This is money make money game & reason why I say guarantee profit of RM400k after 1.5years(this is minimum calculation if purchaser sell the unit below 10% of CURRENT market price..  brows.gif
I love it when there is a GUARANTEE. Better than HOPE.

Please tell who is the developer, the panel bankers and the valuation amount by bank.
+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jul 18 2012, 09:36 AM

i like hot hot chick

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 18 2012, 09:31 AM)

Please tell who is the developer, the panel bankers and the valuation amount by bank.
taikor, noob question, got such thing called "guarantee" in property industry? what are the basic they use for the "guarantee"?
+Quote Post
New Klang
post Jul 18 2012, 09:44 AM

Regular

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 18 2012, 09:36 AM)
taikor, noob question, got such thing called "guarantee" in property industry? what are the basic they use for the "guarantee"?
Ask developer to buy back at guaranteed price with bank guarantee provided to purchaser.

Added on July 18, 2012, 9:45 am
QUOTE(chrisw @ Jul 17 2012, 07:34 PM)
Project name: One Kiara
Completion - end of 2013
2,756sq ft
Freehold
Commercial
3+1 rooms, 4 bAth rooms
Total - 226units
Each floor 4units only, with PRIVATE lift
3-parking bays (side by side)
Built-in cAbinets for all rooms, wet & dry kitchen
Dry kitchen - hood, hob, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher
Wet kitchen - Refrigerator, washer dryer, hood, hob
Price from RM2.13M onwards (before discount)
Below RM600/sq ft(after discount)

Package:
Booking fees - RM50k
Free legal fees on SPA
DIBS
30% discount on purchase price (basically guarantee profits >RM400K if sell after handover, calculation not included appreciation)  drool.gif
If interested, may PM me for more details  notworthy.gif
Please post progress photos here at the convenience of all. Thanks.

This post has been edited by New Klang: Jul 18 2012, 09:45 AM
+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jul 18 2012, 09:45 AM

i like hot hot chick

better pray developer for not winding up later.
+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 18 2012, 01:21 PM

QUOTE(thomasjo @ Jul 18 2012, 09:02 AM)
So, can we get 90% LTV on RM2.13mil, then pay 70% only for property, and keep 20% for more bullets?
Yes, if u still can obtain 90% loan. But developer would only release back the money to you after they receive 7th or 8th progressive payments from bank, estimation would be Q3 next year.

QUOTE(airline @ Jul 18 2012, 09:28 AM)
Rental can collect so high?
Err...that rate is what I got from iproperty.. notworthy.gif

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 18 2012, 09:30 AM)
desperate sales man posting every where? hmm
sorry, chief..I'm not agent actually notworthy.gif

Just to help my bro to post and try to see if we could obtain some genuine buyers here

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 18 2012, 09:31 AM)

Developer is MONDAY-OFF DEVELOPEMENT SDN BHD

Panel bankers are AFFIN BANK & ALLIANCE BANK, as far as I know the valuation is matched the selling price smile.gif

More information, u can try at www.onekiara.com notworthy.gif

notworthy.gif

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 18 2012, 09:44 AM)
Ask developer to buy back at guaranteed price with bank guarantee provided to purchaser.

Added on July 18, 2012, 9:45 am

Please post progress photos here at the convenience of all. Thanks.
The units I'm offering are actually insider units and I don't have the photo because I never went there.

The project is located between Jalan Kiara 3 & Jalan Kiara 5, right beside Garden International School, whoever are interested may try to check it out notworthy.gif

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 18 2012, 09:45 AM)
better pray developer for not winding up later.
Obviously not notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 18 2012, 01:51 PM

Maybe I should put "POTENTIAL UNIT WITH MINIMA RM400K GAINS"? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by chrisw: Jul 18 2012, 01:54 PM
+Quote Post
airline
post Jul 18 2012, 02:11 PM

7 stars

Hmm.. Monday off development
Can complete
Purchaser can find a not
+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 18 2012, 02:14 PM

QUOTE(airline @ Jul 18 2012, 02:11 PM)
Hmm.. Monday off development
Can complete
Purchaser can find a not
Yes, if any of u knew the background of the company.. brows.gif

But I don't know la..just heard from my bro..

Initially got 10units available..left 3units if I'm not wrong.. notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
New Klang
post Jul 18 2012, 02:20 PM

Regular

QUOTE(chrisw @ Jul 18 2012, 02:14 PM)
Yes, if any of u knew the background of the company..  brows.gif

But I don't know la..just heard from my bro..

Initially got 10units available..left 3units if I'm not wrong..  notworthy.gif
I have never heard of Off Monday. The website contain very scant information.

Please give more information. These are RM2 Million properties.

+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 18 2012, 02:55 PM

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 18 2012, 02:20 PM)

I just know the company is in hardware business originally & maybe quite loaded, according from what I heard.. notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jul 18 2012, 08:43 PM

i like hot hot chick

monday off hardware very funny hardware shop inside mont kiara. but got gooding supplier hot female go there for business
+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jul 18 2012, 09:58 PM

As I know, they are not only retail but supply as well...? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
R o Y
post Jul 18 2012, 11:41 PM

Casual

Just across the road from the Monday Off development, relatively new Cerian Kiara can still get for around RM400psf only =)

Caveat Emptor

There are many good value developments in Mont Kiara, choose wisely, otherwise you might get stuck with a lemon

This post has been edited by R o Y: Jul 18 2012, 11:42 PM
+Quote Post
sky reno
post Nov 12 2012, 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Pai @ Jul 29 2009, 10:48 PM)

I agree wtih Pai that this is now a good time to buy in MK for those around RM500-RM600 per sq feet price since most of the property prices have increased tremendously. For example, some new condos around Kuchai Lama/PJ is already selling at simillar or higher price and simillar for landed as well. In this case, it makes MK more attractive now. I live in MK as well and have seen quite some locals buying up now.

As for rental, I've seen some condo at this prices have also increased slightly.
+Quote Post
max2k
post Nov 12 2012, 04:50 PM

Getting Started

Any recommendation 4 the condo ?
+Quote Post
bryan_x00
post Nov 12 2012, 09:18 PM

Casual

QUOTE(R o Y @ Jul 18 2012, 11:41 PM)
Just across the road from the Monday Off development, relatively new Cerian Kiara can still get for around RM400psf only =)

Caveat Emptor

There are many good value developments in Mont Kiara, choose wisely, otherwise you might get stuck with a lemon
I wonder the 400psf still available? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by bryan_x00: Nov 12 2012, 09:20 PM
+Quote Post
khchong81
post Nov 16 2012, 02:05 PM

Casual

Recently survey around Mount Kiara area. Interested in Pelangi Condo for own stay. Is it good timing to buy now?
+Quote Post
jerry88
post Nov 28 2012, 02:21 PM

Getting Started

Has anybody heard this contractor, gdp (or something similar name?), is it a reliable contractor? I think this contractor is used by sunrise (now uem) project, so not sure how reliable they are with the quality of the finishing.
+Quote Post
Chris Chew
post Nov 29 2012, 10:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(New Klang @ Jul 18 2012, 02:20 PM)

Actually they are Singapore based big hardware company. They own this piece of land, so they try to starts their development here.

If not mistaken, they giving huge discount and fully furnished with options. I dunno it is still applicable now but I heard of few big names buying there.

+Quote Post
nevergonewrong
post Nov 29 2012, 10:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jerry88 @ Nov 28 2012, 03:21 PM)
Has anybody heard this contractor, gdp (or something similar name?), is it a reliable contractor?  I think this contractor is used by sunrise (now uem) project, so not sure how reliable they are with the quality of the finishing.
GDP is an establish architect firm, often won architectural awards. designed many luxury condo before...very good portfolio

www.gdparchitects.com
+Quote Post
ynwateh
post Nov 30 2012, 04:23 PM

Group: New Member

any sifu here knows the launching price of Lamn Suria? Thanks