How To Make Period Come Faster?, Going For Vacation

views

munkeyflo
post Jul 31 2009, 09:39 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(Emily Yee @ Jul 29 2009, 06:50 PM)
Thanks for all the honest suggestions and advices. I knew it's not healthy, but it's very troublesome to period while traveling. Keep on need to check and worry. >.<

So I still will find a way to make it come days faster. Possibly will consult pharmacist on how to do it safely.
i agree fully that period while traveling is the worst. nod.gif

anyway, i just got back from the beach last week. and my period was expected to come on the first day of my vacation.
the pharmacist gave me some pills called Norcolut (price around RM5.50). it's suppose to delay ur period. take the pills 3 times a day about 2 days before estimated date and once u wan it to come then u just stop and it'll come back within 1 or 2 days.

according to the label on the box, it's a birth control pill. there are some side effects too like stomach ache, headache, lost of sex appetite, etc.
based on my experience last week, i did have stomach aches (like period pain) but not for the whole day, it's just short pains. no headaches for me but yes for lost of sex appetite. blush.gif
as for the effectiveness of the product, after i stop taking the pills, my period came back in bout a day and a half.

more details about the drug.
http://www.drugs-pro.com/womens-health/norcolut.html

hope this helps.
munkeyflo
post Jul 31 2009, 10:33 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

well, i wouldnt think that there would be any long term effects since i'm just taking this to delay my menses and not for birth control purpose. biggrin.gif

anyway, to TS, if u've found a way to make period come faster, please update this thread. i would like to know as well. cause i havent been able to find any solution. sad.gif
munkeyflo
post Jul 31 2009, 08:49 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(kerrk @ Jul 31 2009, 04:40 PM)
maybe instead of using troublesome, bulky sanitary pads, use tampons? then don't have to worry that it will be messy or what.

messing up the period cycle can have side effects. not very nice to know if we're at such risks.

just a suggestion smile.gif
tampons are good for going out and swimming, but imo, not for traveling.
especially when traveling involves sitting in buses/cars/planes for long hours. and they might leak too if the flow is heavy.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 PM