Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Motorhome Dealer in MY, Is motorhome available in MY?

new in IT
post Jul 26 2009, 10:19 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hello,

I heard that motorhome / recreational vehicle is quite often in the western country like US & EU.

I know is rare in MY but is it possible to get it in MY?

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
amduser
post Jul 26 2009, 10:25 PM

My Account; My Pride
Group: Senior Member

quite impossible to get one, unless you buy a bus or a lorry and mod it yourself.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ocphangaz
post Jul 26 2009, 10:40 PM

On my way

seen one 6 years ago in a paint shop at old klang road.

can't get one in malaysia as it doesn't comply with our road's safety and regulations
+Quote Post
latias93
post Jul 26 2009, 11:39 PM

Cogito Ergo Sum

Hey.. another motorhome fan! There are more motorhomes in Malaysia than you think. I've seen motorhomes in Malaysia like more than 30 times in my 16 year old life.

I've seen a Class C motorhome in Cameron Highlands. Except that it was parked at a hotel. Motorhomes are inconvenient here as we don't have any facilities such as power hookups and water lines to the motorhomes in our national parks.

I've also seen a trailer camper for sale a few years ago at the Mofaz branch in Sg. Penchala (now rebuilt into a huge Mofaz building).

I went to a funfair in 2006 at One Utama parking lot. I can immediately see a couple of class A (bus size) motorhomes behind some circus equipment containers.

So - I am guessing it possible to get one in Malaysia. In Motor Trader sometimes you can see motorhomes for sale, and they said there that is is JPJ approved. So there you go!

-Young Motorhome/RV Enthusiast
+Quote Post
ipohmali70
post Jul 26 2009, 11:58 PM

QUOTE(latias93 @ Jul 26 2009, 11:39 PM)
Hey.. another motorhome fan! There are more motorhomes in Malaysia than you think. I've seen motorhomes in Malaysia like more than 30 times in my 16 year old life.

I've seen a Class C motorhome in Cameron Highlands. Except that it was parked at a hotel. Motorhomes are inconvenient here as we don't have any facilities such as power hookups and water lines to the motorhomes in our national parks.

I've also seen a  trailer camper for sale a few years ago at the Mofaz branch in Sg. Penchala (now rebuilt into a huge Mofaz building).

I went to a funfair in 2006 at One Utama parking lot. I can immediately see a couple of class A (bus size) motorhomes behind some circus equipment containers.

So - I am guessing it possible to get one in Malaysia. In Motor Trader sometimes you can see motorhomes for sale, and they said there that is is JPJ approved. So there you go!

-Young Motorhome/RV Enthusiast
Motorhomes are not cheap, especially those imported ones. perhaps you can get a 2nd hand bus / minibus and retrofit it yourself.

On the other hand you can buy just the chassis you need and have a company build everything for you to your fancy.

Either way if properly designed and fully fitted etc, be prepared to spend hundreds of thousands of ringgit.

+Quote Post
latias93
post Jul 27 2009, 02:59 PM

Cogito Ergo Sum

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Jul 26 2009, 11:58 PM)
Motorhomes are not cheap, especially those imported ones.  perhaps you can get a 2nd hand bus / minibus and retrofit it yourself. 

On the other hand you can buy just the chassis you need and have a company build everything for you to your fancy.

Either way if properly designed and fully fitted etc, be prepared to spend hundreds of thousands of ringgit.
True, the cost of importing a huge lorry or bus sized motorhome is EXPENSIVE. I'm sure there are certain high tax charges here as well. The ones I have seen in Malaysia are certified motorhome brands.. must be rich dudes. Fleetwood, Bounder RV's, Royales..

If you ask me - I'd buy an old Volkswagen van and convert it into a tiny motorhome. It's all the craze within retro lovers in UK and France. I've seen more converted VW campers in Malaysia than the motorhomes.
+Quote Post
new in IT
post Jul 27 2009, 07:20 PM

Casual

Hmm, looks like if i wanna get one, i must be really really rich lo~...

Why doesn't comply with our road's safety and regulations?

Maybe a van conversion will do~... buy a big van (tall, extra long) and mod it own self~...

What's the largest van available in MY?

+Quote Post
Revamperz
post Jul 27 2009, 08:44 PM

im freaking IN! ™

i 've seen really cool one recently, kinda like a white bus, with weird polo logo

.. until i came across the same one at a petrol kiosk

its actually a "motorhome" for horses, sultan johor's to be exact sweat.gif
+Quote Post
latias93
post Jul 27 2009, 08:57 PM

Cogito Ergo Sum

QUOTE(new in IT @ Jul 27 2009, 07:20 PM)
Hmm, looks like if i wanna get one, i must be really really rich lo~...

Why doesn't comply with our road's safety and regulations?

Maybe a van conversion will do~... buy a big van (tall, extra long) and mod it own self~...

What's the largest van available in MY?
Why ah? Well if you've been to USA the 'standard' motorhomes for max comfort is the large BUS sized motorhomes. And even the smaller Class C types are still wide and such. You look at Malaysia's parking lots and roads.. not wide enough to park! If you buy the Class A bus sized motorhome, you go Tesco mana ada bus car park.. sweat.gif In USA their car parks are super wide! Even their normal 4x4 like Dodge Ram, Ford F350 or Hummers can park in snugly and feel like a Kancil.

Van conversion.. if you like classic then get the Volkswagen van and modify lor.. the largest van? I believe it's a Ford Transit. I remember a few years back when I used that humongous van to get back from school. If not mistaken it is 18-seater.

QUOTE(Revamperz @ Jul 27 2009, 08:44 PM)
i 've seen really cool one recently, kinda like a white bus, with weird polo logo

.. until i came across the same one at a petrol kiosk

its actually a "motorhome" for horses, sultan johor's to be exact sweat.gif
Eh, I thought usually they transport around horses using horse trailers? Now got motorhome pulak?
+Quote Post
new in IT
post Jul 31 2009, 01:13 PM

Casual

QUOTE(latias93 @ Jul 27 2009, 09:57 PM)
Why ah? Well if you've been to USA the 'standard' motorhomes for max comfort is the large BUS sized motorhomes. And even the smaller Class C types are still wide and such. You look at Malaysia's parking lots and roads.. not wide enough to park! If you buy the Class A bus sized motorhome, you go Tesco mana ada bus car park..  sweat.gif In USA their car parks are super wide! Even their normal 4x4 like Dodge Ram, Ford F350 or Hummers can park in snugly and feel like a Kancil.

Van conversion.. if you like classic then get the Volkswagen van and modify lor.. the largest van? I believe it's a Ford Transit. I remember a few years back when I used that humongous van to get back from school. If not mistaken it is 18-seater.
Looks like the road facilities in MY is not suitable to big size vehicle~
I saw some parking are even difficult for a Kancil to park as some drivers park 1 car in 2 parking ( dunno where they learn this technique from... sweat.gif )

+Quote Post
xDjWanNabex
post Jul 31 2009, 01:16 PM

Enthusiast

My neighbor has one. Got satellite all on the roof, forgot the name, but he has been having it for a really long time. Maybe more than 6 years?
+Quote Post
CooShyRee
post Jul 31 2009, 02:47 PM

The mad italian scorpions!!

QUOTE(latias93 @ Jul 27 2009, 02:59 PM)
If you ask me - I'd buy an old Volkswagen van and convert it into a tiny motorhome. It's all the craze within retro lovers in UK and France. I've seen more converted VW campers in Malaysia than the motorhomes.
those r call VW camper vans, very popular, n believe it or not, still available new 2day.. VW have given the rights 2 a brazillian company 2 build it under licensed.. so essentially, wat u get is a the VW camper van classic look, but wit a modern engine, transmission n equipment.. n yes, u can get one of those VW vans, n they r companies that can turn it into camper vans n also fit a new engine if u want to..
+Quote Post
latias93
post Aug 9 2009, 08:28 PM

Cogito Ergo Sum

QUOTE(new in IT @ Jul 31 2009, 01:13 PM)
Looks like the road facilities in MY is not suitable to big size vehicle~
I saw some parking are even difficult for a Kancil to park as some drivers park 1 car in 2 parking ( dunno where they learn this technique from... sweat.gif  )
Ya lor, in the end either people migrate somewhere else with motorhomes or just forget about it sweat.gif

Yeah, I don't like these kind of stupid drivers.. so selamba parking 1 car in 2 spaces.. they think it's their father's car park issit..

QUOTE(CooShyRee @ Jul 31 2009, 02:47 PM)
those r call VW camper vans, very popular, n believe it or not, still available new 2day.. VW have given the rights 2 a brazillian company 2 build it under licensed.. so essentially, wat u get is a the VW camper van classic look, but wit a modern engine, transmission n equipment.. n yes, u can get one of those VW vans, n they r companies that can turn it into camper vans n also fit a new engine if u want to..
Good information there, but unfortunately not in Malaysia whistling.gif
+Quote Post
hukaka
post May 20 2012, 09:51 PM

QUOTE(new in IT @ Jul 26 2009, 10:19 PM)
Hello,

I heard that motorhome / recreational vehicle is quite often in the western country like US & EU.

I know is rare in MY but is it possible to get it in MY?

Thanks.
hello i like it too.
but mostly only can see at Australia or new Zealand.
looks nice and comfy lots of feeling home.
but no facilities to support in Malaysia it's must be fun if we own it to gathering to genting or camaron.
i got seen some auction webside got asking for auction before but cannot remember witch and when but the price also not cheap .
but keep it on maybe oneday we can own our dreams in Malaysia.

+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0766sec    2.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:31 PM