Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Switzerland, discusssion bout switzerland

views

Kelv
post Jul 18 2016, 12:05 PM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jul 18 2016, 11:45 AM)
There was no need for transportation cost in Geneve as we were given a tourist pass, understand that all hotels in Geneve pass this to their guests.
Total transport cost: CHF 3.80
Geneva tourist pass can use to transfer to airport? Can I use the tourist pass on my check out day instead?

This post has been edited by Kelv: Jul 18 2016, 03:38 PM
bearbear
post Jul 18 2016, 04:27 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(Kelv @ Jul 18 2016, 12:05 PM)
Geneva tourist pass can use to transfer to airport? Can I use the tourist pass on my check out day instead?
Hi,

If you stay for 1 night, the pass is valid for both day but I think only valid for one way to airport regardless of numbers of days you stay.
Kelv
post Jul 18 2016, 04:32 PM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Jul 18 2016, 04:27 PM)
Hi,

If you stay for 1 night, the pass is valid for both day but I think only valid for one way to airport regardless of numbers of days you stay.
Thanks. Good to know. The Swiss Pass really expensive. At least can save one day using this now.
bearbear
post Jul 22 2016, 10:58 AM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(Kelv @ Jul 18 2016, 04:32 PM)
Thanks. Good to know. The Swiss Pass really expensive. At least can save one day using this now.
plan your itinerary and list out all the ticket pricing.

Half fare card entitled you to SuperSaver ticket which I've shared in details

Swiss Pass doesn't cover everything so you are bound to pay some.

Compare both and see which one suit your itinerary better.

But one thing is swiss pass do give you the flexibility to board any train as long as the route is covered by the pass.
-XIII-
post Dec 12 2016, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

I will be in europe for 2 weeks in January and I am planning 4 days in Switzerland.

Since I will be dropping by a few days in Paris, I am thinking for Switzerland I would want a more Mother-Nature/Relax/Scenery kind of feel so I am learning towards South of Swiss.

What do you think if:
1st Day - touch down Geneva, stay over at Interlaken
2nd Day - travel and overnight at Zermatt
3rd Day - travel and overnight at Geneva
4th Day - Geneva

Or can sifu suggest better options? laugh.gif

deodorant
post Dec 12 2016, 12:20 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(-XIII- @ Dec 12 2016, 02:19 AM)
I will be in europe for 2 weeks in January and I am planning 4 days in Switzerland.

Since I will be dropping by a few days in Paris, I am thinking for Switzerland I would want a more Mother-Nature/Relax/Scenery kind of feel so I am learning towards South of Swiss.

What do you think if:
1st Day - touch down Geneva, stay over at Interlaken
2nd Day - travel and overnight at Zermatt
3rd Day - travel and overnight at Geneva
4th Day - Geneva

Or can sifu suggest better options?  laugh.gif
You can consider doing a day trip from Geneva to Chamonix / Mt Blanc / Aiguille du Midi

Or day trip to Annecy

Both are technically in france rather than switzerland though.
-XIII-
post Dec 13 2016, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Dec 12 2016, 12:20 PM)
You can consider doing a day trip from Geneva to Chamonix / Mt Blanc / Aiguille du Midi

Or day trip to Annecy

Both are technically in france rather than switzerland though.
Slight changes to my planning..

Day 1 - Reach Geneva airport at 3.15pm. explore Geneva.
Day 2 - Train and overnight at Interlaken
Day 3 - explore jungfraujoch overnight at Interlaken
Day 4 - Overnight at Zermatt and Ski
Day 5 - Travel to Annecy and depart from Geneva in the evening

I have never ski before, is ski-ing beginner friendly? Which Ski resort do you suggest I should go to? Interlaken or Zermatt?

Can I squeeze Lucerne in? Would love to squeeze Lucerne in if can...

This post has been edited by -XIII-: Dec 14 2016, 12:19 PM
-XIII-
post Dec 14 2016, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Anyone been to Switzerland before can help advice?
kktong83
post Feb 16 2017, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(-XIII- @ Dec 14 2016, 12:21 PM)
Anyone been to Switzerland before can help advice?
Are you back from Swiss , I'm going the same route on April.. what's ur experience? I have 4 days too deciding whether more days in Interlaken or zermatt
kktong83
post Feb 16 2017, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(billsean @ Oct 8 2015, 09:26 PM)
Hi,

You'll be fine with 10 days. I spent only 5 days in Switzerland, and went to St. Moritz, Zermatt, Interlaken, Jungfraujoch and Lucerne. I stayed in Bern though since it's the most convenient for me to take train to each of the place I wanted to go. And, remember, Switzerland has a lot of panaromic train that you don't want to miss. You can consider combining the panaromic train to the place you wanted to go. For example, Lucerne. There's nothing to see there except for the lake along the train routes.

You should really consider going to Jungfraujoch. You can take the mountain train, Jungfraubahn from Interlaken. The journey is priceless! In just an hour, you'll be at the top of Europe~~~ Though it might be expansive, but seriously, it is once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm not sure about Ebenalp, Zurich and Geneva since I never went there yet. But for Zermatt, you might want to take the cable car or mountain train there. But, roaming in the small town itself is wonderful. They have some sort of traditional Swiss village there, and you'll love it! St. Moritz, I don't know. I did take the Glacier Express to there, but it is actually the ski village, same like Zermatt is. But, Zermatt is better if you want to walk around. 

About the transportation, though some might prefer to drive, but I think taking train in Switzerland is really convenient to us, tourist. Why bother tiring yourself if you can actually sit back and enjoy the view along the journey as everything in Switzerland is basically picturesque. Plus, Switzerland has the most efficient train system in Europe. The train itself is really comfortable!!!! You should consider taking the Swiss Pass that you can order online or buy it when you arrive in Switzerland. It's really convenient. You can travel free on all public transportation and trains. Plus, you could get discount on certain private panaromic train. Some of the panaromic train is operated by private company instead of the SBB such as the Jungfraubahn and the Bernina Express to the Zermatt. Check out this link:

http://www.swiss-pass.ch/en/swiss-pass/

Enjoy your time in Switzerland. I bet you'll fall in love with the country.
Bro did you get half fare pass or swiss pass.. ? Do you think I should spend more days in Interlaken Jrungfrau area or Zermatt area?
Two5Kid
post Mar 1 2017, 05:42 PM

On my way
629 posts

You have to do the calculations yourself. For convenience, if you don't want to queue up and buy tickets (even the half priced ones) and intend on visiting a lot of the free museums that comes with the Swiss Pass, I think it's better to take the Swiss Pass. No need to fumble for change or bring cash just for the tickets. But like I said, you need to calculate.

The only advantage that I feel is important for the Half Fare is the duration. Swiss Pass have limited days to use.

Please bear in mind, certain big cities have free 1-day tourist travel passes to be used during your stay there, so you could take advantage of that too.

I was there and bought a CHF405 Swiss Pass (2013 price), I used CHF888 worth of travel on it. I recalculated with the Half Fare Card, and I had to pay CHF463. So there you go, not much of a difference (405 vs 463) but then I hadn't have to fumble for the money, nor queue or worry much when my legs are tired.
audia3
post Mar 16 2018, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

hi, i will be in Zurich in Mid April around 2 weeks... what should i visit in Zurich? or any nice places nearby? what is the cheapest tickets for public transport?

for shopping, other than watches, what we should buy in Zurich? i mean lot cheaper compare to Msia... hehe
momijigari
post Mar 19 2018, 02:34 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(audia3 @ Mar 16 2018, 08:42 PM)
hi, i will be in Zurich in Mid April around 2 weeks... what should  i visit in Zurich? or any nice places nearby? what is the cheapest tickets for public transport?

for shopping, other than watches, what we should buy in Zurich? i mean lot cheaper compare to Msia... hehe
You can try hiking @ uetliberg.
Zurich can be covered in 1-2 days (museum, gallery, cathedral), if you are going to station there for work can always check out the day trip ticket to various places in Switzerland.

Day trip to Jungfraujoch, Bachalpsee, or even Colmar (France) is possible. If you have time, can spend a 3 to 4 days around interlaken for sightseeing.

I don’t think watches are cheaper there? But you might be able to get the latest models available. Buy all the luxemburgerli and sprunglis!

This post has been edited by momijigari: Mar 19 2018, 02:36 AM
audia3
post Mar 20 2018, 04:01 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(momijigari @ Mar 19 2018, 02:34 AM)
You can try hiking @ uetliberg.
Zurich can be covered in 1-2 days (museum, gallery, cathedral), if you are going to station there for work can always check out the day trip ticket to various places in Switzerland.

Day trip to Jungfraujoch, Bachalpsee, or even Colmar (France) is possible. If you have time, can spend a 3 to 4 days around interlaken for sightseeing.

I don’t think watches are cheaper there? But you might be able to get the latest models available. Buy all the luxemburgerli and sprunglis!
i will only has 1 weekend, saturday n sunday to move around...how far interlaken or jungfraujoch from zurich?

what souvenirs should i buy? cheap and good one.. hehe...
momijigari
post Mar 20 2018, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(audia3 @ Mar 20 2018, 04:01 PM)
i will only has 1 weekend, saturday n sunday to move around...how far interlaken or jungfraujoch from zurich?

what souvenirs should i buy? cheap and good one.. hehe...
There’s nothing cheap in Switzerland. Zurich is very expensive, a meal typically cost around CHF18-CHF20.

Zurich to interlaken around 3hrs and interlaken to Jungfraujoch takes a little more than 2 hours.

Otherwise, can try mount titlis which is closer to Zurich.
There’s a Lindt chocolate factory in Zurich you can try to get some chocolates but they are not cheap. Nothing is cheap in Zurich.

audia3
post Apr 1 2018, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

which money changer has swiss franc CHF?
Yukieliow
post Oct 24 2018, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

Hi planning to go on middle of december.. just need opinion do i stay in city first or go straight to mountain first? lets say i planning 2 nights in jungfrau and 2 nights in interlaken..thanks

This post has been edited by Yukieliow: Oct 24 2018, 02:49 PM

18 Pages « < 16 17 18Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:58 AM