Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Switzerland, discusssion bout switzerland

views

-Edelweiss-
post Aug 20 2014, 01:34 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Aug 19 2014, 09:51 PM)
Guys, I'm looking for an airline that'll take me to geneva from KL. So far, I'm leaning towards turkish air. Any recommendations on alternative airlines?
i've bought mine via qatar airways for this coming october.. KUL-Geneva i managed to get RM1,988 return ticket during promotion in Jan
Current Events guy
post Aug 20 2014, 01:40 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(-Edelweiss- @ Aug 20 2014, 01:34 PM)
i've bought mine via qatar airways for this coming october.. KUL-Geneva i managed to get RM1,988 return ticket during promotion in Jan
that's really cheap. right now they're charging about 4k while turkish is 3k
-Edelweiss-
post Aug 20 2014, 01:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Aug 20 2014, 01:40 PM)
that's really cheap.  right now they're charging about 4k while turkish is 3k
have you tried search the ticket using skyscanner?
my friend just bought a quite cheap ticket to Paris RM2,200 this coming december under Vietnam Airlines. and he just bought it last month i guess.
Current Events guy
post Aug 20 2014, 02:41 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(-Edelweiss- @ Aug 20 2014, 01:59 PM)
have you tried search the ticket using skyscanner?
my friend just bought a quite cheap ticket to Paris RM2,200  this coming december under Vietnam Airlines. and he just bought it last month i guess.
yeah I have the app.

I've never bought anything off it. I'd use it to find the cheapest ticket available and later book those myself on the airlines website. according to Skyscanner the cheapest ticket anywhere is using a prc airline but a lot of people suggest to not take those.
investor77
post Sep 8 2014, 10:54 PM

3 posts

Hi guys, just sharing my experiences in Switzerland recently. Using Lucerne, Hirtenhorf area as base, went to Berne, Biel, and Interlaken. At Lucerne, join the walking tour as it is worth it. Take a trip to Berne, where the fresh market is situated near the Train Station. Also there are Migros and Coop supermarkets where fresh food is sold and is relatively cheaper. Using the Golden Pass line, to Interlaken, do stop and enjoy scenery at Lungen. Accomodation at Hirtenhorf, near Lucerne town, costs us around 88 Franc per night per room. Took point to point tickets as Rail Passes are not worth it for short trips.
Those intending to go to Pilatus, just hop on Bus No 1, near main Post Office, opposite Lucerne Train Station by taking tickets at the Machine for one Zone, at 3.2 franc. If you travel to and fro, take a City day pass for only 6 franc from the Visitor Info Centre located near Burger King at Ground level. The weather actually determines your activities as even during summer, it was wet and cold. Just my experienc during my short trip.
BumbleBee
post Oct 28 2014, 12:20 PM

42 posts

Switzerland is clean, efficient and picture perfect, but it is also one of the more expensive place in Europe.
I have to stay in dorm and cook in their kitchen to save money, but it's still a very enjoyable experience.
http://www.travelopy.com/@d_luaz/switzerland

- Lucerne, a beautiful city by a big lake

I like the mountains, so I spend most of the time in the mountain region
- Interlaken
- Grindlewald
- Schilthorn, the 2nd highest peak for a James Bond movie, I skip Jungfrau got this
- Niederhorn

Final stop is Brig, before I went to Italy
- Brig
Listiani
post Nov 17 2014, 11:15 AM

6 posts

I am going to Switzerland Feb 2015. Just want to ask you 1 question. Shopping for souvenir (like key chain, tshirt and fridge magnet) in Zurich is more expensive than in Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen?

QUOTE(HeReLiSm @ Jul 23 2014, 02:39 PM)
I spent three days in Zurich. The first day I went to sightseeing around the town only. Zurich is a very beautiful town.

Second day, I went to Mt. Titlis. Abt three hours trip from Zurich. The view up there is magnificient, and its snowing all year long. On my way back, I spent an hour to see Luzern while waiting for my train back to Zurich.

Last day just walk around the town of Zurich, bought souvenirs for family and friends. But i might say, Zurich is a bit pricey destination to go for holiday. =)
HeReLiSm
post Nov 24 2014, 07:04 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(Listiani @ Nov 17 2014, 11:15 AM)
I am going to Switzerland Feb 2015. Just want to ask you 1 question. Shopping for souvenir (like key chain, tshirt and fridge magnet) in Zurich is more expensive than in Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen?
I've never been to Interlaken, but in Zurich, the souvenir is quite expensive (everything in Swiss is expensive biggrin.gif ) For example, you can get decent key-chain for around 10 euro per piece. You can get cheaper but with lower quality and normal.
skystrike
post Nov 25 2014, 02:11 PM

back to normal
1,270 posts

everything is expensive in swiss...even some small keychain the cheapest can get is about 3 - 4 chf... laugh.gif laugh.gif
SUSPS3.Gamer
post Dec 18 2014, 04:04 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(BumbleBee @ Oct 28 2014, 12:20 PM)
Switzerland is clean, efficient and picture perfect, but it is also one of the more expensive place in Europe.
I have to stay in dorm and cook in their kitchen to save money, but it's still a very enjoyable experience.
http://www.travelopy.com/@d_luaz/switzerland

- Lucerne, a beautiful city by a big lake

I like the mountains, so I spend most of the time in the mountain region
- Interlaken
- Grindlewald
- Schilthorn, the 2nd highest peak for a James Bond movie, I skip Jungfrau got this
- Niederhorn

Final stop is Brig, before I went to Italy
- Brig
Eh I am just seeing this.

I am living in Brig actually smile.gif
kryew
post Dec 25 2014, 10:31 PM

10 posts

Everything is indeed expensive in Swiss. Even their local produce, such as toblerone. Much much cheaper in Singapore
fkinmeng
post May 11 2015, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

hi, I'm planning to go swiss for 10 days, and plan to stay at a town for 1-2 days before going to the next town.

should i buy the half fare pass or don't need?

accommodation is around how much? chf 50-80?
nanan75
post May 23 2015, 10:19 AM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(kryew @ Dec 25 2014, 10:31 PM)
Everything is indeed expensive in Swiss. Even their local produce, such as toblerone. Much much cheaper in Singapore
Is Bally cheap in Switzerland? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
deodorant
post May 24 2015, 07:29 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Hi guys, any pointers on what to see/do over one weekend (or maybe two ... but I'd have to pay my own hotel for 2nd weekend) if based in Geneva?

Working trip so I can't really stray too far from the city I think.
glozz
post May 25 2015, 10:14 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ May 24 2015, 07:29 PM)
Hi guys, any pointers on what to see/do over one weekend (or maybe two ... but I'd have to pay my own hotel for 2nd weekend) if based in Geneva?

Working trip so I can't really stray too far from the city I think.
Switzerland's a small place, when I was based in Basel; I did day-trips out for weekends and you could easily do 200-300KM ranges which is about 1-2 hours by train (their trains are about 120-140km/h, considered OK). However, please buy a discount train pass as it's otherwise $$$$.
deodorant
post May 31 2015, 07:43 PM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(glozz @ May 25 2015, 10:14 PM)
Switzerland's a small place, when I was based in Basel

Did you by any chance do the Chamonix - Aiguille du Midi cable car?
glozz
post Jun 1 2015, 02:21 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ May 31 2015, 07:43 PM)
Not specifically that one, but there were other cable cars with the glass-bottomed floor which I did.
adwan
post Jun 1 2015, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ May 31 2015, 07:43 PM)
was there last year. can get the direct shutter bus from geneva airport.
nice place especially 4 those who love skiing.
deodorant
post Jun 6 2015, 04:47 AM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(adwan @ Jun 1 2015, 03:44 PM)
was there last year. can get the direct shutter bus from geneva airport.
nice place especially 4 those who love skiing.

Hehe I'm going up this Sunday. Unfortunately no ski'ing since it's summer (Geneva is freaking hot now ... 30, 31 deg daytimes) ... just gonna go up see the mountains then maybe the train to ice cave / glacier if got time, then back to city liao.
adwan
post Jun 6 2015, 12:10 PM

Enthusiast
778 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Jun 6 2015, 04:47 AM)
Hehe I'm going up this Sunday. Unfortunately no ski'ing since it's summer (Geneva is freaking hot now ... 30, 31 deg daytimes) ... just gonna go up see the mountains then maybe the train to ice cave / glacier if got time, then back to city liao.
enjoy your trip yoo...don't forget to share your trip photo on lyn.
u need swiss franc in geneva and euro in camonix. But probably u know d/y.

18 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:44 PM