Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

***Top Gear V3***, Clarkson, Hammond & May no more.........

views

tifosi
post Jul 8 2009, 03:34 AM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!
4,924 posts

Great show from channel 5 again. The evora review was awesome and why did they bother put the backseats anyway? The DBS was good comparison between the soft top and the hard top. I would take the soft top anyway, look cooler and could impress more people biggrin.gif

And the pothole segment was great too, just that it is not applicable to us. If we could claim, our council would go bankrupt in a few days.

The GTI segment was abit too short and Johnny didnt talk much about the performance of the car so i assume it is very similar to the old one.

Top Gear was so so for me. Liked the SL black and also the Ken Block (which i watched most of his vids anyway)but the others were rubbish including the guest.
tifosi
post Jul 23 2009, 10:50 PM

4,924 posts

I think the Scooby could still be repaired. The structure is still intact. But well, I knew disaster would happen just by looking how he push the car around.
tifosi
post Nov 9 2009, 03:53 AM

4,924 posts

Oh, crap. Just found out that FG is canceled. This is really very saddening for me. I really like FG and for me FG > TG by miles. I watch both of the shows but for consumer advise, car reviews etc, FG is the right show. I watch TG for relaxation, enjoy their stupidity, doing nonsense challenge and not for their advise sad.gif
tifosi
post Nov 9 2009, 09:45 PM

4,924 posts

QUOTE(OC4/3 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:44 PM)
Try earlier TG smile.gif
They do some nice advice and review
Yeah, I have all the TG seasons. It was pretty good until roughly S6 or S7 era. Then, the direction of the show took some turn and headed to more entertainment based. Less consumer advise, ridiculous challenges, destroying caravans every season and reviewing only mostly on very high end cars. Mid range cars are getting reviewed lesser and lesser.

I like TG and I like FG too. Both shows are very different actually despite their rivalry. So, FG should not be compared to TG in this way sad.gif. I really hope they revive the show or make a new show with similar type of content and of course, Tiff, Jason, Tom and Vicki must be in it. Maybe Johnny too. I like his segment pretty much.
tifosi
post Nov 11 2009, 02:33 PM

4,924 posts

Season 4 Episode 3 smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0296sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 PM