Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Safe Mode | Infrastructure Upgrade Phase 1 Complete

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ***Top Gear V3***, Clarkson, Hammond & May no more.........

views

TSCooShyRee
post Jul 7 2009, 09:49 PM, updated 4y ago

The mad italian scorpions!!
3,806 posts

TOP GEAR v3!!

the most LOL motoring program.. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May, the best motoring trio ever!!

some say it has already entered version 3 thread in lyn,
n that the new version's gonna be the best version yet..
..all we know is, its the lyn's Top Gear thread!! thumbup.gif

oh yeah, u guys can post stuff bout Fifth Gear too here, n all the other versions of TG (australia, russia, US, korean etc...)

4 those who wants to post their links on the first page (t-shirts, series, posters and merchandise) kindly pm me or leave it here and as i come by i will put it on the first page..

happy posting guys..

Reserved for postings

Top Gear Official Website --> http://www.topgear.com/uk/

Becoz of the brilliant title sequence that TG made in ep 5 series 17 'The Interceptors', i have 2 post it here:

Sadly though, becoz of the recent fiasco wit Clarkson n that producer, he is sacked from the BBC. And in a true meaning of camaraderie, Hammond n May decided to leave the show as well, wit May admitting that without Clarkson, TG would be no fun no more... cry.gif

But worry no more, its already official that the trio is working on a new motoring show, n production is beginning very very soon. Cant wait!!!!!! rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

Im gonna miss that Jessica theme song, so here it is.....

Chris Evans really do have some big shoes to fill.........

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jun 23 2015, 03:47 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 7 2009, 10:02 PM

3,806 posts

thnx guys, 4 letting me open this new one notworthy.gif

btw, continue the discussion guys..

never been much of a fan of the mito's looks 2 be honest.. but then, the one richard had on the show, wit that color, looks kinda desirable..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 7 2009, 10:35 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jul 7 2009, 10:15 PM)
wow .. so fast v3 !!! ..
i just started watching Top Gear ... havent watch the latest season 13 yet but still the previous episodes are awesome !! ... love the GTR alot ... lolx
GTR?? that means ure still in series 11.. dude, u still got a lot of catching up 2 do tongue.gif

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jul 7 2009, 10:23 PM)
so it is safe to said in one or two years time a malaysian politician will found out about this top gear episode and demand apologies?
if another politician bring this up in the parliament or watever along the lines of that, they r juz a bunch of moronic, idiotic, feeble minded, brainless, in an unhappy marriage, arseholes!! dry.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 7 2009, 10:35 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 7 2009, 10:41 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 7 2009, 10:36 PM)
Well no a chance coz my area is taken over by team rocket tongue.gif
pokemon??? tongue.gif

btw, wat u guys think of the SL black review?? would u have that over a full fledge SLR??
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 7 2009, 11:09 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jul 7 2009, 10:42 PM)
wanna ask wats the difference of fifth gear and top gear? .. other than different host ...
off topic abit ah .. i know this is top gear thread .. just wanna know some difference ...
its ok dude.. like i said in my 1st post, u can talk bout fifth gear here too..

simply put, its a totally different show al2gether.. its a motoring show juz like TG, but its made by different people.. TG is made by BBC, whilst FG is made by channel five..

presenters from FG like tiff n vicky used 2 be presenters on the old TG (thats y u can find footage in youtube wit tiff n jeremy workin 2gether)..

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jul 7 2009, 10:51 PM)
produa should ask Toyota to give them license to rebadge the IQ, it is just such a cleverly designed car compare with the myvi. at current condition there is just no chance toyota will bring the IQ in malaysia, it will be price like the smart car.
even if that were 2 happen, how cheap can perodua really sell the car so it'll be feasible 4 toyota 2 start assembling it here?? the iq is a brilliant technical achievement, n i reckon becoz of its cleverness, it is still quite pricey 2 build.. one of the reasons y in the UK, it is still priced quite expensive 4 wats bacsically a small city car.. the aygo is considerably cheaper, a bit bigger, but as a result more practical.. i mean, if toyota were 2 make it here n badge it as a perodua, i dont think it'll be cheap enough.. i think its still gonna be around the price of a myvi.. n which would u rather?? a 3+1 seater car which u have 2 choose if u want either room 4 passengers in the back or boot space but its a really tiny car or a viva which exterior speakin is slightly bigger than the iq, but more practical, cheaper n can properly seat 4 or 5 adults??
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 7 2009, 11:55 PM

3,806 posts

juz watched latest FG.. love tiff's review on the new evora!! seems like lotus got it right in everythin this time except 4 the price sweat.gif

n once again johnny is been given a car that i am highly anticipating 2 see the review of it, n he ruins it.. its not a bad review, its juz that its not really fulfilling 4 me.. he doesnt really explain much bout the car sad.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 12:01 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jul 7 2009, 11:54 PM)
the way i see it is you still get a four seater, while the seat at the back is not big but the way they pack the aircon in the center console and ultra slim front seat mean it can seat three adult and on kid in comfort. and this car have NCAP 5 star rating due to it body design and 9 airbag surrounding the 4 seat. but them again aygo is be more marketable car because it is cheaper and bigger, and everyone love more bigger car even though everyday they drive to work along  doh.gif
like u said, it can seat 3 adults n one children, therefore its a 3+1.. n u mentioned that toyota should let perodua make it here n sell it as a perodua.. leave aside all those euroncap stuff n the 9 airbags things, coz if it were 2 be sold here wit a perodua badge, i can bet u that it'll only have a max no of 2 airbags only.. so honetly speakin, in our country, can u really see people goin 4 this instead of a myvi or a viva??

Added on July 8, 2009, 12:10 ampoor that old saga sad.gif

but, at least next week theyre gonna replace it wit another proton wira smile.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 8 2009, 12:10 AM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 12:17 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(PowerSlide @ Jul 8 2009, 12:11 AM)
SL black..i would save more buy the good looking aston DBS or 599GTB..remaining money can buy a satria neo for everyday lol..sl black just prove "power is nothing without control"  tongue.gif
i agree.. this SL black kinda reminds more of that brabus SL twinturbo v12.. i would rather have a gallardo spyder, or save all that money n juz get an SL63 amg..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 12:47 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(PowerSlide @ Jul 8 2009, 12:28 AM)
but one thing though..the SL black is just so aggressive looking..reminds me of the car i draw when im at few years old

oh ya..nobody download the tim schrick 6ep show where he bought a used aston and prepare it for 24hours race? watching halfway and its interesting if you are racing fans
love those wheel arches on the SL black, n those cooling ducts drool.gif

not really interested 2 download that tim schrick thing, but since u said its good, ill go get it thumbup.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 01:29 AM

3,806 posts

the thing is though, lightweight supercars like the gt3 n the scud n the superleggera r cars that r meant 4 the road that would also excel on the track, not the other way around.. they r not track cars that can be use on normal roads..

becoz of this, shredding weight off of em meant also making it still useable n still civilize on normal roads.. 2 shred weight is easy, juz get rid off carpets n sound proofing only can already lessen kilos off the car on a scale..

but 2 shred weight off these cars they have 2 do it in such a way that we dont realize where the weight is loss.. from my pov, this is especially successful wit the superleggera.. u still have all the equipments, aircon, carpets, comfy seats, but 100kilos is already missing..

n 2 me, thats one of the reasons that made these cars so pricey..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 10:27 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(tifosi @ Jul 8 2009, 03:34 AM)
Great show from channel 5 again. The evora review was awesome and why did they bother put the backseats anyway? The DBS was good comparison between the soft top and the hard top. I would take the soft top anyway, look cooler and could impress more people biggrin.gif

And the pothole segment was great too, just that it is not applicable to us. If we could claim, our council would go bankrupt in a few days.

The GTI segment was abit too short and Johnny didnt talk much about the performance of the car so i assume it is very similar to the old one.

Top Gear was so so for me. Liked the SL black and also the Ken Block (which i watched most of his vids anyway)but the others were rubbish including the guest.
wow tifosi.. i think im right in saying that ure the only one who thought ep3 was rubbish around here tongue.gif

FG ep4 was great rite?? love the dbs review.. but given the choice, id take the coupe any day..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 12:14 PM

3,806 posts

the small car challenge was a worthwhile 4 me, coz it juz sums up that the best small car is the fiat 500.. makes me kinda curious though, how good is the little fiat?? ive had a go in a panda (which is wat the 500 is based on), n ive gotta say theres nuttin 2 shout bout.. seeing rave reviews on almost every motoring journalist bout the 500 makes me really wanna have a try at it.. wat did fiat do so right that makes the 500 so brilliant..??

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 8 2009, 12:15 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 8 2009, 02:44 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 8 2009, 02:35 PM)
Simple, they kept the winning formula.

Remember the original Mini? It was great, wasn't it?

Then later, BMW had a go at it. And many people were disappointed, to say at least.

The original 500 and the new 500 may be technologically eons apart, but the new one, in essence, is still very the same as the old 500, hence the rave

Just my 2 cents.
i kinda disagree on that.. when the new mini made by bmw 1st came out couple of yrs ago, it was a monumental success.. n one of the reasons was that bmw sticked 2 the original recipe, meaning they kept the original flavour n also merge it wit modern tech.. in case u havent notice, the mini was also a rave, until very recently the 500 took over the spotlight..

i guess, i kinda answered my own question there.. people r startin 2 get bored wit the mini, they want sumthin like the new mini, but newer n fresher.. hence the fiat 500..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 9 2009, 10:40 AM

3,806 posts

2 be honest, im kinda sad they did that 2 the saga.. becoz it was kinda my 1st car, i had one like juz like that, auto in maroon color sad.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 9 2009, 10:53 AM

3,806 posts

the saga is in FG, not TG..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 9 2009, 11:09 AM

3,806 posts

both tiff n jeremy complained that the evora has too less of power 4 its amazing chassis.. i do hope lotus responds 2 this wit a more powerful version, turbocharged 3.5L v6 perhaps?? tongue.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 9 2009, 03:10 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jul 9 2009, 11:17 AM)
lol that would make the exora fly .. haha
must have good stucture if not turtle when cornering ... haha
dude, im talking bout the evora, not the exora doh.gif

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 9 2009, 01:22 PM)
This month's Top Gear, about the test between the 3 muscle cars, the Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang, which one would you pick?

I personally like the 'stang's looks, love the Challenger's Hemi engine, but somehow, my heart is with the Camaro....cry.gif
i believe i asked the exact same question in v2, n u said u'd have the mustang.. change of heart?? tongue.gif

i couldnt decide myself 2 be honest, but becoz of all the transformers hype at the moment, id go 4 the camaro.. but if u'd ask me again in a couple of weeks time, i might give u a different asnwer.. tongue.gif

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 9 2009, 01:22 PM)
For the Evora?

Cute car, kinda crazy price..
u say that, but, if u think bout it, its bout the same price as the cayman.. but 2 my mind, the evora's much much cooler!! coz of that alone, id have the evora rclxm9.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 9 2009, 03:30 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 9 2009, 03:20 PM)
Not to mention the evora is limited to 2000 units per year so it is exclusive and limited. smile.gif
yeah lor, totally 4get bout that.. more reason 4 me 2 choose the evora then thumbup.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 10 2009, 09:40 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(alvinz @ Jul 10 2009, 09:18 AM)
anyway, guys did TG did a review or race of Evo X ? ... wat series and episode is it in? ... i tried search in youtube but return unrelated results ..
dude, dont u ever use google?? doh.gif

they did, it was a comparison test between evo x n its arch rival, the imprezza wrx sti.. it was the same ep which richard reviewed the rs6 avant n jeremy did one of my fav TG reviews of all time, the clk black.. i remember this ep very well coz its one of my fav ep solely becoz its one of the very few eps where theres less clowning around n more 2wards serious car reviewing..

its series 11 ep 2.. n make sure 2 check out the clk black review, dare i say it, best review ever done by TG thumbup.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 11 2009, 09:36 AM

3,806 posts

really?? jay leno's gonna be the star in a reasonably priced car??

thats cool!! thumbup.gif cant wait rclxm9.gif

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1019sec    7.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th January 2020 - 05:11 PM