Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

***Top Gear V3***, Clarkson, Hammond & May no more.........

views

TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 02:47 PM

The mad italian scorpions!!
3,806 posts

eric, the amg version is already out.. n like expected, most reviews said it was brilliant!! cant wait 4 a comparison test between it n the XFR thumbup.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 02:59 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 17 2009, 02:57 PM)
they should do a 3 way review-fight against Jag, BMW, and the Merc...that'll be sweet biggrin.gif
dont 4get the rs6 thumbup.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 03:06 PM

3,806 posts

hmm.. yeah laa.. but still, i wanna see all 4 being compared..

btw, even if the m5 is older, i bet its still the best one 2 be driven on a track if compared 2 its newer rivals..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 03:58 PM

3,806 posts

but if u ask me which one i would like 2 own n use everyday, i would say id go for the XFR now.. the m5's brilliant, but on normal slow town speeds, the gearbox's pretty much useless..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 04:52 PM

3,806 posts

hahahahaha.. thnx travis!! notworthy.gif

u know wat, b4 2day, i didnt even know they put that little 'its my bday' sign on ur birthday on ur every post tongue.gif laugh.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 05:29 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 17 2009, 05:22 PM)
yep, I'm a Jag fan. Especially the new one. Dun know much about comfort or reliability of their car...but the new XFR's design...wow!
if u like that, ure surely gonna like the new XJ.. its absolutely breathtaking that car, inside n outside.. the virtual dials r so exquisitely beautiful!! drool.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 17 2009, 11:56 PM

3,806 posts

btw guys, thnx 4 the bday wishes!! really appreciate it notworthy.gif

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 17 2009, 08:56 PM)
virtual dials? drool.gif  drool.gif
yup, the dials r fully digital, like the ones in the s-class.. but the s-class only a portion is virtual, the one on the xj is fully virtual.. so when the car's turn off, theres nuttin on the instrument panel, completely blank.. its when u start the car the virtual dials will appear in a very beautiful fashion, very very nice!! when u turn the ignition, a jaguar logo will appear beautifully in the middle, then it'll fade, than the virtual dials will appear.. so nice laa, i think theres a video of it in paultan.. go check it out, u'll love it!! thumbup.gif

eric, let him be.. we'll juz pretend he doesnt exist here.. hes not really welcome in here anyway.. he can talk cock here all day long, we'll juz ignore him..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 18 2009, 12:29 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 18 2009, 12:17 AM)
anyway looking forward to seeing that fully virtual dials. Sounds like a mini LCD attached on the dashboard. I wonder if you can play a video while driving laugh.gif
hahahaha.. im sure it cant.. n check this out, this is really witchcraft.. even the lcd display in the middle has dual view ability.. its not like those some other cars where the display can split in two, where one half is the satnav display 4 the driver, the other half show a movie or tv 4 the passengers.. in the jag, from the drivers side, u will see that its the satnav display, n when u look it from the passenger side, its showing a movie/tv.. its the same screen, its not like they split the screen in half.. its like when u see it from different angle, it'll be showing different stuff.. thats really awesome!!
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 18 2009, 08:19 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 18 2009, 03:03 AM)
Guys, I managed to find some pics of the upcoming XJ..

btw, to me, the butt is really ugly...
the dials on the instrument panel there r fully virtual ones, really cool..

even ian callum, the designer of this car, said the rear part needs some gettin used too.. but i think its nice, really modern n groovy.. remember the 5 series rear part?? when that 1st came out many thought it was ugly too, but then people starts 2 like it.. i think this is gonna be like that too..

QUOTE(Shawnzz @ Jul 18 2009, 03:28 AM)
why are trying to copy the idrive system?
u mean that knob on the center console?? thats not an idrive copycat, thats the gearknob.. the jaguardrive selector, like the ones in the XF n the XK, remember??
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 18 2009, 10:36 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 18 2009, 10:17 AM)
The 5 wasn't well received when it was first launched, mainly because of how the way Bangle designed it to look really different. But I think it grows on oneself after a period of time.
n thats how its gonna be wit this new XJ i suspect..

btw, here's a vid of the interior.. the really cool virtual dials, n that dual view display in the middle..

enjoy.. tongue.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 18 2009, 12:59 PM

3,806 posts

v12, i absolutely agree.. i guess all the new jags looks best from that angle, the XK, the XF, n now this XJ..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 19 2009, 07:23 PM

3,806 posts

looking at this new XJ makes the new 7 series looks like it was made in the previous decade.. callum has done it again, this new XJ looks really modern, n yet at the same time contemporary n not outlandish at all.. its how a jag is suppose 2 look like, n i really think its one of the most beautiful n most important car 2 come out this yr..

i did some digging around, n i found that full virtual dials r not 1st 2 be introduced in this XJ.. it seems that some french cars like renault's n citroen's been having em since the early 90s.. but none of em as beautiful as the ones on this new XJ of coz..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 21 2009, 02:16 AM

3,806 posts

XFR review is brilliant, as expected, n on the track, slower than the m5, also expected..

the piano drop bit at the end is juz classic thumbup.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 21 2009, 11:59 AM

3,806 posts

sienna miller's great!! n 4 someone whos never driven a manual b4, thats really a good time she posted thumbup.gif

but if u ask me whos the best female SIARPC, 4 me it has 2 be jodie kidd..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 21 2009, 12:20 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 21 2009, 12:09 PM)
I recalled way back to the previous series when they used the suzuki liana there is one female SIARPC who amazed me, she like a competitive sailor who just got a world record and she topped the list beating jimmy carr.

Now i recalled, her name is Ellen MacArthur. Her lap was 1min 46.7 secs on a liana. rclxms.gif Now that the best female SIARPC!
how can u not remember ellen macarthur at 1st?? tongue.gif shes like so famous.. n the thing is, when she was doin that lap, she doesnt look she was trying too hard.. its as if she was juz driving around normally, n accidently broke jimmy carr's record along the way.. rclxms.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 21 2009, 12:38 PM

3,806 posts

yup, she was in clarkson's thriller dvd.. she was in that fiat 500 vs mini cooper battle wit jeremy.. shes a really good driver..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 21 2009, 03:30 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 21 2009, 02:44 PM)
Oh !!

She's the one.. There I was wondering who could it be..

laugh.gif
i used 2 have such a huge crush on jodie kidd yrs ago, during her elle n vogue mag cover days.. n then after that, my crush became huger becoz i found out that she races cars as well.. n then, i absolutely adore her coz she loves maserati's, n even owns a few drool.gif n then she came on TG, n wipe that smug smile on the face of jay kay by goin round faster than him, n becaming lap time leader.. wub.gif

Added on July 21, 2009, 6:31 pmjuz finished watchin latest FG..

my goodness, john barrowman rolled a prodrive rally spec subaru imprezza into a ditch!! n tiff was at the passenger side!! he was so determined 2 set a good time on the rally course, that the misjudge a corner n lost control.. luckily nobody got hurt.. bet u that tiff wouldnt wanna get into a car wit him at the driver's seat anymore sweat.gif

the TT RS review is ok.. i love the fact that the 2.5L turbo engine is so powerful n produces a huge amount of torque that its not available wit the DSG, coz it will simply rip the gearbox apart.. too bad when jason was testing it, it was raining quite heavy, so he cant really put the taps on it..

tom tests the seat exeo.. 2 be honest, ive been waiting 4 a FG review on it 4 quite sometime, becoz the exeo's basically a reskin rebadge previous gen audi a4..

that eco route satnav plugin is a really good bit.. i dont mind opting 4 the slower route 2 save some cash.. obviously sumtimes gettin where we want faster is more important, but there r also occasions where id find myself not minding gettin there a bit later if i can save money.. its a really good bit, n wish we could have it here too..

oh yeah, tiff n jason dogfights in double decker buses..

overall, good n informative ep.. juz wat we expect from FG..

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 22 2009, 12:16 AM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 22 2009, 11:39 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jul 22 2009, 11:05 AM)
maybe TG will reponse to FG claim that their book are worthless next episode?
but he did end up buying it.. tongue.gif

ps: 2 be honest, i would to sweat.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 22 2009, 10:54 PM

3,806 posts

LOL.. but i tell u wat, i certainly wouldnt wanna die like that.. in an overturned rally spec imprezza wit a pansy behind the wheels sweat.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 23 2009, 07:40 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 23 2009, 05:05 PM)
Poor scooby..

Will it be written off or fixed?
i dont think it can be fixed.. sweat.gif

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0384sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 AM