Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

***Top Gear V3***, Clarkson, Hammond & May no more.........

views

TSCooShyRee
post Jul 11 2009, 05:06 PM

The mad italian scorpions!!
3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 11 2009, 11:57 AM)
The SIARPC list is getting better n better. This week's guest is
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

rclxm9.gif
really?? shocking.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

thats great!! rclxm9.gif
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 12:08 PM

3,806 posts

brilliant ep!! love the challenges, especially evo vs british army!! damn, that drug dealer ie condom man ie man who disconnected his airbags is surely cross watchin his car end up like that.. watever it is though, eventhough that evo is the previous gens, it still is awesome thumbup.gif

focus rs vs megane r26r.. well, its no surprise really.. coz i have not yet watched or read a review of the focus rs without concludin that it is a brilliant car.. clarkson's right, u simply cant get a car wit the most amount of power, wit the most amount of fun, n wit the least amount money than the focus rs.. its a no brainer also that the megane is faster on the track..

panamera vs royal mail.. thing bout porsche's is, whilst i may not always agree bout the looks of em, i can be almost certain that theyre gonna be brilliant 2 drive.. im not the sort of person who thinks porsche should only make the 911s (like hammond), i dont have prob wit em making suv's n 4 door saloons.. i guess the panamera ticks all the right boxes, its fast, it handles brilliantly, its comfortable, its built quality's superb, i think porsche did it again.. even that entry level model is that good already, juz imagine wat the turbo version's gonna feel like..

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 12:11 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 04:04 PM

3,806 posts

in the aston rapide, they also fitted bucket seats at the rear, but not sure bout the production version..

yup, that gps in the dash is really cool.. but it would be more cool if they could do like that but using head up displays..

Added on July 14, 2009, 4:07 pmone more thing, the torque steer on that focus RS is really violent.. eventhough it has a tremendous amount of grip, but still working wit that horrific torque steer sure is a handful sweat.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 04:07 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 05:02 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 14 2009, 04:22 PM)
yeah, I cannot imagine driving a car with such violent torque-steer. Won't it be difficult (and annoying) to control that everytime you decide to step on the pedal a little more than needed?
yeah.. imagine when u put ur foot down 2 overtake sweat.gif

Added on July 14, 2009, 5:18 pmi juz cant believe that all of u dont quite like this week's ep.. of coz its not as funny as last week's, but this is a motoring show 4 goodness sake..

i think this week's ep ticks all of my 10 yr old boy boxes.. is it exciting?? very exciting indeed!! does it have fast cars?? yes, its got a 500hp evo (which is like a wet dream 4 teens who wears brightly colored hoodies n wit their caps put on backwards) n a 400bhp porsche that can do more than 170mph 4 cryin out loud!!

n 2 top it off, its got tanks!! n an olympic sprinter!! n condoms, n a drug dealer.. wat more could u ask 4??? rclxm9.gif i think this is the best ep so far this series..

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 05:19 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 06:03 PM

3,806 posts

im simply speechless..

am i the only person here who likes the panamera vs royal mail race?? 2 me, its not juz a race wit a letter.. did u guys see how efficient their postal service r?? its exciting 4 me 2 juz see that.. but of coz, the race is mostly bout that porsch 4 me.. this is the panamera, one of the most eagerly anticipated car 2 be release since the people who made em announced that theyre gonna make it!!
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 06:27 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 14 2009, 06:09 PM)
Sorry bro, but the panamera isnt my cup of tea.

i'd go with the rapide or the estoque..
dude, i dont know if u'd noticed, but i hate porsche's doh.gif im one of those guys who would rather have a slower, more expensive v8 vantage than a 911.. i would rather have a range rover than a cayenne.. i would rather have an evora over the cayman.. i would rather have an slk or the z4 than a boxster.. n like james may, id have the quattroporte over this panamera..

but as a true car enthusiast, i still wanna know bout all these cars.. i still wanna know all bout em, wats under the hood, wat technology its got, how fast it is, wat its feel like, price etc etc.. as a true car enthusiast ie petrolhead i feel as though im obligated 2 know all i can bout cars, coz theyre so exciting, even ones that i loathe.. lets put it this way, i find out all i can bout proton's n perodua's, but does that mean i like em?? that proton's n perodua's r my cup of tea?? not even slightly dude, not even slightly nod.gif

besides, no matter how much i hate porsche's, i juz cant deny that they r still amazing cars.. the engineering underneath em, is juz breathtaking.. id go as far as 2 say, that porsche's r germans at their absolute best!!

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 06:29 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 07:17 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 14 2009, 06:09 PM)
i'd go with the rapide or the estoque..
oh dude, one more thing..

sorry 2 burst ur bubbles there, but the estoque isnt gonna happen.. lambo pull off the plugs on that project months ago..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 07:53 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 14 2009, 07:35 PM)
Extractly what i felt on the panamera race, it isnt that exciting enough although its better than the previous challenges like the fuel economy run to some festival on previous season. sweat.gif

I would prefer JC to have reviewed the panamera hands on. The focus vs megane review could have been better if they battled it out on B roads rather on the track. wink.gif
fyi dude, its called the blackpool illumination lights festival, n its a huge deal in the UK.. the big switch on is kinda huge thing, n its quite an honor 2 be given the chance 2 flip that light switch.. up til now, singers, actors, politicians, royalties, peagent winners, celebrities, even the bee gees r the only types of people whos been given that honor.. n its a beautiful spectacle this event..

bout that megane r26r vs focus rs thingy, well, the megane is essentially a tricked out track day machine, n the focus is juz a hatchback that happens 2 work on a track as well.. i think its good they battle it out on the track.. 2 see the real potentials these cars have 2 give..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 08:10 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 14 2009, 08:02 PM)
hey, I actually liked that race to Blackpool...
me too, honestly..

watchin that interview again, usain bolt's a funny guy.. who knew a jamaican could be funny tongue.gif n hes a good driver too.. not only fast on foot, but fast behind the wheels too.. well, wit a name like usain bolt, u sure r expected 2 be fast..

top gear top tip --> get an m3, coz the fastest man on earth drives an m3........ and crashes it, rather badly sweat.gif i saw that pic of that crashed m3 countless times on the net, but never knew it was usain bolt's

TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 08:18 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 14 2009, 08:11 PM)
Darn...

cry.gif  cry.gif

Well, erm, we still have the Rapide, right?

biggrin.gif
u havent heard?? sweat.gif lambo pull off the plugs due 2 the economic crisis.. they wanna reserve their cash on more certain types of projects, the murcielago replacement 4 instance.. the estoque is sort of a gamble 4 em..

the rapide's on its final stages of production, expect it 2 come out late this year.. the panamera's gonna have one tough contender..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 08:43 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 14 2009, 08:28 PM)
Well, to be frank, I am with you 100% on this.

Like  JC, he hates the Porsche, but I think he wouldn't give up a chance to drive one, would he?

Although (to me) Porsches aren't much of a looker (except the Carrera GT, 911GT3 RS), I'd say that the pure driving fun is there.

Unlike Ferrari's obsession with flappy paddles, I think (so far), only (some) Aston Martin and Porsche has "pure" manual transmission, and not those hybrid ones, even though an auto version is available.

So, I think that sums it up that (to me, again), Porsche is more of a driving car, but not much of a looker. Unlike Ferrari..

icon_rolleyes.gif
dude.. ferrari's does come wit a proper manual.. all new ferrari's, the 430 (excludin the scuderia), the 599, the 612, the california even, comes standard wit a proper 6 speed manual.. the flappy pedals f1 transmissions is only available as an option.. so u can still have a ferrari wit a proper manual if u want to, juz dont check the f1 transmission box in the option list in the order form..

the reason y we dont see much of ferrari's wit proper manual these days is buyers simply choose 2 have flappy pedals (me included, that is if im ever gonna buy a ferrari sweat.gif).. its not that the manuals arent good, theyre as bit as good as the flappy pedals mind u.. its juz that wit the flappy pedals owners would be able 2 say, "i have in my car one of those gearbox like michael schumacher has in his f1 car"..

2 me, ferrari's these days r gettin ugly as well.. i still reckon that until 2day, theres no pretty ferrari after the 355.. but at least, ferrari ugliness i could still bear wit it.. i couldnt wit porsche's sweat.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 08:45 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 08:46 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Shawnzz @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 PM)
360 and f430 are still nice Ferraries
2 u, not 2 me..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 09:52 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 14 2009, 09:35 PM)
u n eric sounded like fans of old school supercars. No technology but pure raw performance. I guess both of u will like even old school sports cars like the caterham. smile.gif
hahahahaha.. laugh.gif

no laa.. eric's more into american muscles (hence his sig n avatar).. im more into modern supercars 2 be honest, but i do miss the raw simplicity of oldskool supercars that u juz cant get anymore these days.. huge engine, proper manual, heavy steering, heavy clutch, n not much else, which makes em light.. although they r unbearable by 2day's standards, but they give u a sense of feel n excitement that makes u know that ure in a supercar.. modern supercars these days r smothered wit gadgets n electronic trickery.. n although theyre good, making supercars 2day more civilized n easy 2 drive, u kinda lost some of the excitement, the feel of a true supercar.. supercars these days r so easy 2 drive it makes us feel like we're juz behind the wheel of a normal car, albeit a really fast normal car sweat.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 09:54 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 09:59 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Jul 14 2009, 09:56 PM)
Can you guys list out some of those overly laden with electronics cars?

I have a few in mind ->

- Most new Lamborghinis..
nissan gtr.. there r so many acronyms associated 2 it, that i honestly believe that nissan made up most of em 2 make the car sound interesting tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 14 2009, 10:02 PM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 14 2009, 11:44 PM

3,806 posts

juz watched latest FG.. not much 2 shout bout this ep, but there r very very useful motoring related advice..

as promised, theres a proton wira on this week's ep, n it was tortured 2 destruction sweat.gif it was a wira 1.6 aeroback in red, n wat tim did was demostrate the effects of not checking our engine oil will lead to.. it kinda staggers me 2 no end that alot of people dont bother checking n topping their engine oil.. that knocking noise that occured was horrible, i felt kinda sad 4 that engine..

it surprises me also that there r some people who doesnt know how 2 check their engine oil, i mean that like the most basic stuff in car maintenance!! this one lady dont even know wheres the dipstick of her engine, n theres this other girl, checked her engine oil by opening the oil cap, took out the dipstick, n then dip the stick in the hole where ure suppose 2 pour the oil in!! i was like, WTF??

jason reviews the murcielago superveloce, n although it was a good review, it still not nearly as good as hammond's review of it in dubai.. watever it is though, that lambo sounds awfully good!! every angle of that car juz screams menace..

tiff reviews a caterham, the roadsport 175 to be exact.. which is suppose 2 be the more civilized caterham, yeah right..

n then theres the crash test.. very very informative indeed, a must watch if ure a driver.. that bit makes me think twice now when i wanna put my foot down driving on a twisty single carriage way.. the best bit of advice that tom gave: "regardless of wat the legislated speed limit is, u should always drive at a speed that allows u 2 prepare for any eventualities, u'll never know wats around the corner"..

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 16 2009, 12:52 AM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 16 2009, 08:52 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(dr3w @ Jul 16 2009, 07:06 AM)
i know the panamera looks controversial, at 1st when i saw it, it looks like a elongated 911 with 4 doors, then after watching the episode, it seems like not too bad.. it's like u can have a porsche sports car but with the practicality of 4 doors luxury saloon.
yup, thats exactly wat i thought too.. when i 1st saw the pics of the panamera, i was like, eewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! shakehead.gif

but after seeing the race, not that i think its pretty already, its juz that it aint as bad as i 1st thought it was.. front of it looks a corvette..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 16 2009, 11:29 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 16 2009, 11:06 AM)
just watched the episode last night. Seriously...you can expect the women to not know about these. But among those who were interviewed...were some men! I seriously cannot imagine that they don't know when to check the black oil!! shocking.gif Are the cars there so bloody cheap that nobody needs to bother?? sweat.gif This is the first time I've ever seen or heard of there not being ANY oil on the dipstick...Tim's look at the 'oil-less' dipstick was priceless laugh.gif
hahahaha.. yeah, theres the max level, n the min level.. the guy's oil level is not even in that region laugh.gif

black oil?? hahahaha, direct bm translation ah dude?? in english, they dont call it black oil.. its engine oil laugh.gif

i seriously think that if theres guys like that there, theres surely guys like that in our country as well.. i mean, wats happening 2 guys these days??!! dont even know how 2 check engine oil, my god, thats like the earliest thing my dad thought me when i was juz a kid, when i couldnt even reach my legs 2 the paddles yet..!! ive encountered many guys who dont know how 2 change tyres, ive encountered many guys who doesnt really know wat the rev counter is actually measuring, n believe me or not ive even encountered a guy who saw a pic of an aston martin vanquish, pointed n said "hey, nice gen2" doh.gif couple of days ago, i saw a guy doin full manicure n pedicure in one of those nails saloon kinda place doh.gif doh.gif come on guys, wats happening 2 u all?? get rid of ur moisturizers n hair care products n ur ridiculously tight n ridiculously bling-ed jeans.. be a proper man 4 god sake!!

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 16 2009, 11:30 AM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 16 2009, 11:58 AM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 16 2009, 11:50 AM)
Its the era of metorsexuals perhaps? But for that dude on the bolded statement, i have a feeling his driving a pink color car. If so, stay away! sweat.gif
ok, i can forgive the metrosexuality 2 a certain degree, coz i do that a bit too.. but, dont know how 2 check engine oil?????!!!!!! might as well take a knife n slice ur penis off....

travis.. accordin 2 my cousin sister whom at that time was wit me when i saw the guy doin the manicure pedicure, she said its normal these days that guys do that.. i was like WTF???!!! i mean come on, y do guys need 2 have pristine sparkly nails anyway?? they dont pickup gurls using nails these days, do they?? nail flirtin?? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by CooShyRee: Jul 16 2009, 11:59 AM
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 16 2009, 04:22 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Jul 16 2009, 02:57 PM)
*hides*
ure one of em aeon???!!! ohmy.gif

quickly go n learn, its very crucial skill.. u'll never know when ur gonna encounter a flat..

QUOTE(OC4/3 @ Jul 16 2009, 03:17 PM)
Don't grow on me laugh.gif
The back is just ugly,really ugly and to make it worse,there are a raising spoiler doh.gif
I still want the traditional M5 laugh.gif
seeing all these new high performance saloons like this panamera, the new E63 amg, the simply brilliant XFR, makes me feel that the M5 is kinda dated already.. make no mistake, its a still a briliant car, n even in its older age, it still can give its rival a damn good run.. but like i said, its startin 2 feel old..

wat i really wanna see is how this panamera would perform againts the new upcoming XJ..
TSCooShyRee
post Jul 16 2009, 04:58 PM

3,806 posts

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Jul 16 2009, 04:33 PM)
Yeah on the most recent ep of fifth gear, the short comparisson test between the new merc E class and BMW's 5 series. At 1st when i saw the new E series on car mags i weren't fond with it, and i not a fan of the previous 4 buy eye version.

After watching that segment, now i found the new E class is seriously good looking and its a great car, better looking than the 5 series thumbup.gif For the 1st time, i prefer the Merc than the BMW!
u know wat travis, i felt exactly the same way when i watchin that..

when the pics 1st came out of the new e-class, i thought it was traditional boring e-class merc look.. but now after seeing it in FG n TG, i think its kinda striking lookin (the front, not the back, the back's still as dull as an accountant).. the AMG version, looks even better!!

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0327sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:45 AM