Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

***Top Gear V3***, Clarkson, Hammond & May no more.........

views

fatahmy_008
post Jun 15 2016, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(PowerSlide @ Jun 15 2016, 01:49 PM)
guest part fast forward yawn.gif

chris harris, sabine, black guy and matt the 4 of them should host the show..eddie jordan and chris evan not needed

3rd episode is not bad, they should just stick to showing cars than do dumb uninteresting challenges
yeah agree. should fire chris evan.

quite ironic that my favourite clip in episode 3 is the one involving 2 americans.
Aydee
post Jun 15 2016, 06:06 PM

Mr. Big
735 posts

Anyone watched extra gear? I find it more informative and interesting than the main show. It's just half and hour and very compact.
fatahmy_008
post Jun 16 2016, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

SUCCESS!!! SO LONG CHRIS EVANS!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13...after-audience/

Chris Evans to take less prominent Top Gear role after audience dives
Top Gear's audience dropped to 2.37 million on Sunday

Chris Evans is to take a less prominent role at the helm of Top Gear, after viewing figures for the newly revamped motoring show slumped to a new low.

The third episode of Top Gear, the first to feature motoring journalists Rory Reid and Chris Harris, received positive reviews, but was watched by a live audience of just 2.37 million viewers, down nearly half a million on the previous week.

The programme, which recorded the second-lowest audience figures since Jeremy Clarkson revived the motoring show, in 2002, received plaudits from viewers for the performances of Reid and Harris, who usually host the online spin-off show, Extra Gear.

Reid, who won his slot on the show via a public audition, was shown testing the new Ford Focus RS, while Harris, who has a cult following on YouTube, featured in a film involving Ferrari’s F12 TDF.

While Evans and Matt LeBlanc will continue to anchor the studio recording, it is understood that prerecorded material featuring both of the lesser known presenters will feature more prominently in the rest of the series. Reid wrote on Twitter yesterday:

@danjmoon @harrismonkey we are on the main show every Sunday now.

— Rory Reid (@MrRoryReid) June 13, 2016

The new incarnation of Top Gear has experienced a rough ride under Evans’s stewardship, despite its opening episode recording a solid audience of 6.4 million viewers, including catch-up viewing.

Audience appreciation figures leaked to The Telegraph showed that Evans’s debut episode was rated by viewers as the worst quality show on terrestrial television on the weekend that it aired, with an appreciation index (AI) score of just 60 out of 100, compared to an average of around 82 for a BBC Two programme.

The second episode is understood to have received a similarly low AI score, of 68, and recorded a live audience of 2.8 million, which yesterday had improved to 4.1 million, including catch-up viewing.

Most impartial observers agree that the programme has improved over the opening weeks, with Evans toning down his hyperactive enthusiasm.

The audience for Sunday’s third episode will rise from 2.37 million, once catch-up viewing is taken into account, but Top Gear has only recorded lower overnight figures on one occasion during the Clarkson era. An episode that aired in June 2003 was watched live by 2.36 million viewers, just 9,000 fewer than this week’s programme.

Sunday night’s show suffered from going out at the same time as Germany’s opening game in Euro 2016, which aired on BBC One.

Figures from overnights.tv, the ratings agency, showed that the motoring programme lost 175,000 viewers between the ages of 25 and 34, compared to the previous week.

ITV also chose to air popular soap Coronation Street in an overlapping slot, which led to Top Gear losing more than a quarter of a million viewers over the age of 55, compared to the previous week’s audience.
Aydee
post Jun 16 2016, 11:43 AM

Mr. Big
735 posts

QUOTE(fatahmy_008 @ Jun 16 2016, 11:31 AM)
SUCCESS!!! SO LONG CHRIS EVANS!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13...after-audience/

Chris Evans to take less prominent Top Gear role after audience dives
Top Gear's audience dropped to 2.37 million on Sunday

Chris Evans is to take a less prominent role at the helm of Top Gear, after viewing figures for the newly revamped motoring show slumped to a new low.

The third episode of Top Gear, the first to feature motoring journalists Rory Reid and Chris Harris, received positive reviews, but was watched by a live audience of just 2.37 million viewers, down nearly half a million on the previous week.

The programme, which recorded the second-lowest audience figures since Jeremy Clarkson revived the motoring show, in 2002, received plaudits from viewers for the performances of Reid and Harris, who usually host the online spin-off show, Extra Gear.

Reid, who won his slot on the show via a public audition, was shown testing the new Ford Focus RS, while Harris, who has a cult following on YouTube, featured in a film involving Ferrari’s F12 TDF.

While Evans and Matt LeBlanc will continue to anchor the studio recording, it is understood that prerecorded material featuring both of the lesser known presenters will feature more prominently in the rest of the series. Reid wrote on Twitter yesterday:

@danjmoon @harrismonkey we are on the main show every Sunday now.

— Rory Reid (@MrRoryReid) June 13, 2016

The new incarnation of Top Gear has experienced a rough ride under Evans’s stewardship, despite its opening episode recording a solid audience of 6.4 million viewers, including catch-up viewing.

Audience appreciation figures leaked to The Telegraph showed that Evans’s debut episode was rated by viewers as the worst quality show on terrestrial television on the weekend that it aired, with an appreciation index (AI) score of just 60 out of 100, compared to an average of around 82 for a BBC Two programme.

The second episode is understood to have received a similarly low AI score, of 68, and recorded a live audience of 2.8 million, which yesterday had improved to 4.1 million, including catch-up viewing.

Most impartial observers agree that the programme has improved over the opening weeks, with Evans toning down his hyperactive enthusiasm.

The audience for Sunday’s third episode will rise from 2.37 million, once catch-up viewing is taken into account, but Top Gear has only recorded lower overnight figures on one occasion during the Clarkson era. An episode that aired in June 2003 was watched live by 2.36 million viewers, just 9,000 fewer than this week’s programme.

Sunday night’s show suffered from going out at the same time as Germany’s opening game in Euro 2016, which aired on BBC One.

Figures from overnights.tv, the ratings agency, showed that the motoring programme lost 175,000 viewers between the ages of 25 and 34, compared to the previous week.

ITV also chose to air popular soap Coronation Street in an overlapping slot, which led to Top Gear losing more than a quarter of a million viewers over the age of 55, compared to the previous week’s audience.
So Extra Gear really is much better than the main show biggrin.gif
fatahmy_008
post Jun 16 2016, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(Aydee @ Jun 16 2016, 11:43 AM)
So Extra Gear really is much better than the main show biggrin.gif
I guess that's the power of Youtube haha
locksng12
post Jun 28 2016, 12:43 AM

Getting Started
279 posts

Hello fellow TG community. I have been watching Top Gear since the three stooges were there. Despite not being interested in the new format, is there a way I can watch the new TG?

I don't have a TV network at home so I can only rely on the Internet. I hope someone is able to help. Thank you smile.gif
Aydee
post Jun 28 2016, 01:01 AM

Mr. Big
735 posts

QUOTE(locksng12 @ Jun 28 2016, 12:43 AM)
Hello fellow TG community. I have been watching Top Gear since the three stooges were there. Despite not being interested in the new format, is there a way I can watch the new TG?

I don't have a TV network at home so I can only rely on the Internet. I hope someone is able to help. Thank you smile.gif
Many sites to download, don't forget Extra Gear, right after the main show
roshen43
post Jun 28 2016, 01:10 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

I guess ill just wait for The Grand Tour
Top gear is missing the trio and that's what made it great.

This post has been edited by roshen43: Jun 28 2016, 01:13 AM
lsm1991
post Jun 28 2016, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(roshen43 @ Jun 28 2016, 01:10 AM)
I guess ill just wait for The Grand Tour
Top gear is missing the trio and that's what made it great.
ohh yess.... thats the next long awaited/fav/must watch thing in my list after game of thrones~

This post has been edited by lsm1991: Jun 28 2016, 09:53 AM
Aydee
post Jun 28 2016, 09:56 AM

Mr. Big
735 posts

To be honest I'm not really a Clarkson fan but I love any shows about cars.
cfc-free
post Jun 28 2016, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

chris harris is the only presenter that is both entertaining and informative. matt is a close second. think the rest are just not comfortable in front of the camera.

sack the rest, keep cris and matt and hire a third person. im picking rowan atkinson as my wild card entry.
Aydee
post Jun 28 2016, 11:45 AM

Mr. Big
735 posts

QUOTE(cfc-free @ Jun 28 2016, 11:19 AM)
chris harris is the only presenter that is both entertaining and informative. matt is a close second. think the rest are just not comfortable in front of the camera.

sack the rest, keep cris and matt and hire a third person. im picking rowan atkinson as my wild card entry.
I think we need someone to pick on/hate in the show, I vote Martin Brundle lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
EXBOLD
post Jun 28 2016, 02:58 PM

25 posts

I think the new TG is a breath of fresh air. Its better than before. Evans being the brash (like Clarkson), the other 2 presenters give views from the younger and LeBlanc providing the humor. Particularly like the segment where LeBlanc toured the city of London. Now comparing with the old, Jeremy and team seem archaic. TG is an entertainment show first and motoring second.The new TG has similar format but better tweaked now. Maybe all this talk of Evans,LeBlanc etc is designed to create hype to drum up interest to market the show...

locksng12
post Jun 28 2016, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(Aydee @ Jun 28 2016, 01:01 AM)
Many sites to download, don't forget Extra Gear, right after the main show
Do you know any websites that I can trust? I have bad experiences of through shady websites. :/
Aydee
post Jun 29 2016, 12:25 AM

Mr. Big
735 posts

QUOTE(locksng12 @ Jun 28 2016, 09:47 PM)
Do you know any websites that I can trust? I have bad experiences of through shady websites. :/
Try scene-rls. Can't wait for next week, the Nsx will make an appearance.
PowerSlide
post Jun 29 2016, 02:55 PM

----------
5,994 posts

sack chris evans already and bring on tiff needell!!!

fifth gear kinda canceled so tiff can join top gear lol

matt and tiff as main host can be very good..or bad

fatahmy_008
post Jun 29 2016, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(PowerSlide @ Jun 29 2016, 02:55 PM)
sack chris evans already and bring on tiff needell!!!

fifth gear kinda canceled so tiff can join top gear lol

matt and tiff as main host can be very good..or bad
That's actually a good idea. Tiff also did helped coach Danny Boyle and drove the Ariel Atom V8 instead of James, so Tiff already has ties to new TG and BBC.
PowerSlide
post Jun 29 2016, 03:24 PM

----------
5,994 posts

QUOTE(fatahmy_008 @ Jun 29 2016, 03:02 PM)
That's actually a good idea. Tiff also did helped coach Danny Boyle and drove the Ariel Atom V8 instead of James, so Tiff already has ties to new TG and BBC.
heck yea!

explore tiff and matt's different culture into the cars and we have something different and can be entertaining to watch

sabine doesnt fit at all, sack and bring in vicky

eddie jordan not needed

matt, tiff, vicky, chris harris and the other guy is good enough for this show
Aydee
post Jun 29 2016, 04:02 PM

Mr. Big
735 posts

QUOTE(PowerSlide @ Jun 29 2016, 03:24 PM)
heck yea!

explore tiff and matt's different culture into the cars and we have something different and can be entertaining to watch

sabine doesnt fit at all, sack and bring in vicky

eddie jordan not needed

matt, tiff, vicky, chris harris and the other guy is good enough for this show
Yeah, Sabine seems totally awkward and doesn't fit at all. The other guy is Rory Reid
cfc-free
post Jun 29 2016, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

bring back the wookie Tom Ford from fifth gear.

106 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:43 AM