> Vees Deli Cooker Household

views

weikee
post Jun 11 2011, 11:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Dec 15 2010, 06:54 PM)
Duh induction can't beat gas in term of cost. Both initial upfront cost(induction cooker is more expensive) and using it.
Malaysia, Gas are subsidies so it still be cheaper. But putting all equal Induction will be much better and faster in heating up too.

weikee
post Jun 12 2011, 12:31 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 12 2011, 12:03 AM)
Chris (one of LYN forumer) said, "once u use induction, you will never wanna use gas" it heats up faster compared to gas. However, not all cooking utensils are suitable for induction, so he bought Fotile HL7B (1 induction zone and 1 gas).

However, if u r gonna get an electric hob, vitroceramic like vees or Fotile EEG 75201 would b better than induction (mainly bcoz it is not compatible with some of the cooking utensils)
Yup, not all will work on induction. But my WMF work smile.gif. I notice not all non stick pan work on induction too. So please check the pan spec when you have an induction cooker.

I will put an induction cooker "portable" in dry kitchen, and use rinnai gas stove in wet kitchen.
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 11:30 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Induction is safe, and is still the fastest and most economical way of cooking cause heat are not waste. Don't switch on the induction cooker without any pan / pot. Most reputable brand have auto off when detect nothing on the top.

Theoretically Magnetic fields can cause health problem like hand-phone, but not been proven

http://www.bag.admin.ch/themen/strahlung/0...ex.html?lang=en

This post has been edited by weikee: Jun 13 2011, 11:30 AM
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 01:29 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Hypro @ Jun 13 2011, 01:16 PM)
I am using induction cooker, Aowa, the one with curve shape. Overall, it heat up event faster than gas cooker, and it is very easy to do the cleaning, compare to gas stove, you can't touch the stove at all after you cook and the gas stove always have some sticky oily thing on it, and is hard to clean it also.

1 thing I prefer induction cooker is you don't have to worry on the usage compare to gas, because last time when I use gas cooker, I always need to standby 2 gas tong in order to change it when the gas is finish. Another thing is the pot, if using gas stove, under the pot is has some dark oily sticky things that always feel headache to clean it. If using induction cooker, problem resolved. Others reason is we can set the timer and by pressing boil function when you boil anything, the cooker will automatically stop when the food or water is hit. Last time I use to burnt when I boil chinese medicine. Although it is human mistake but it is very dangerous.

When I purchase this induction cooker, it comes with 15-PIECE 3 COMPOSITE LAYERS 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE SET. It is very convenience and useful. My wife have try to use this cookware to stew food, the taste is same as using claypot. WONDERFUL thumbup.gif
When gas stove give dark stain is usually because of not complete burn, else is very clean burn.

Gas is still my 1st option, and by dry kitchen is 2nd option to have induction there. In case of no electric gas still can boil and cook smile.gif

weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 03:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Boiling water also need mah. So Gas for such situation is good. Even boiling hot water for bath.

My mom is a cook, i am train to use the big powerful gas stove for commecial / restaurant use. You know the type with just an opening in the center like a coca-cola tin. When light up the fire can be 2 feet high. Frying an egg just take me 1mins or less. With house gas stove is so dram slow.

Induction cooker speed it near my requirement. But still the "Mui far loh" is the best when come to frying with good "wok hei"

weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 05:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

This Vees or similar stove take time to heat up. By the time the heat reach the pot I already done my cooking (in induction)

weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 11:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

BTW, if any of you use induction cooker, i learn a nice trick for easy cleaning if you worry to dirty the induction cooker glass. Before cooking, take some used paper / newspaper put in between the pan and induction cooker. If the soup / source flow just throw the paper, no need cleaning.

I used this method every time i make porridge for my daughter.

weikee
post Jul 11 2011, 02:10 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(xt4 @ Jul 11 2011, 01:53 PM)
Thinks of buying Vees during the exhibition in Mid Valley, got discount some more 4099 --> 3899 (RM200)... but out of sudden dont feel like buying... some more without any survey yet..... so think of RM200 waste rather than disappoitment of RM3899....

Luckily i didnt buy it... actually there are a lot brand is having thing similar to Vees... the only thinkg is Vees do advertisement a lot... and said they have best/high quality product....

Lately i search and found a lot brand which is also cheaper... Fotile, Fagor, Elba, Bosch.....

But the Vees staff said their product is the higher quality somemore imported... But if i take Bosch as consideration, i dont think Bosch use the cheap/low quality..... Bosch (Famous German brand), then Elba - one of it is imported / made in EU...

So i'm now considering Elba.... any comment/suggestion...
They TKSS lah.

Got one forum / bloogger post the the use of vees and she don't recommend.

Added on July 11, 2011, 2:13 pmThis one after 1 year of usage.
http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2010/08/vees-d...aniversary.html

This post has been edited by weikee: Jul 11 2011, 02:13 PM
weikee
post May 15 2012, 04:29 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

There is no efficiency if we talk about ceramic or halogen.
weikee
post May 15 2012, 04:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ May 15 2012, 04:44 PM)
I still prefer the cook on a gas stove with the old black wok. can 'chau'.

Frying pan, cannot really 'chau' like when you wanna make fried rice...no frying pan can beat the black wok on gas tongue.gif

Unless we talk about ppl who doesn't 'chau' things than i think it does not matter...

gas stove with a proper chinese wok is still the best
That is cast iron wok, I am using one. Much sold than ss wok. Much better wok hei.
weikee
post May 15 2012, 06:43 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 15 2012, 06:39 PM)
But induction cooker has their own type of extension enable us to use wok but must be stainless steel type. Thinking of ordering gas really kind of troublesome !
Convenient, cost, and taste you have to juggle.
weikee
post Sep 21 2012, 07:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Better get 15amp socket.
weikee
post Sep 21 2012, 11:56 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Sep 21 2012, 04:25 PM)
Hi Ozak:

Thanks for the info. You are right, 1 side is using the ceramic. hehe. Now is make sense.

I have another question, if you can advise me. When talk about the power usage, if you look at the link below, the spec stated total power 3100W (2200W-Left, 1800W-Right), not sure this is an typo error? As we know 2200W+1800W = 4000W instead of 3100W.

Further more, they claim that normal plug 13A is sufficient, no need to use 15A, if based on P = VI, then I = P/V

For 3100W max power usage, then I = 3100/240 = 12.9A ~ 13A.
IF
For 4000W max power usage, then I = 4000/240 = 16.7A, which normal plug 13A can not be used anymore.

Below is the SUGAWA Smartcooker link.

http://sugawa.com.my/index.php?option=com_...emid=75&lang=en
Our incoming voltage is not constant 240v. it varied from 230 to 240, sometime even 220. So your current will go up if Watt maintain.
weikee
post Sep 25 2012, 03:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Have anyone run the twin burner at max let it draw max current fire 30mins, and touch the cables?
weikee
post Oct 7 2013, 05:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

I have a gas stove heat up faster than any induction. is called "mui fa lou"

QUOTE(Kevin Chan @ Oct 7 2013, 05:02 PM)
I have been using induction for the past 5 years ... no gas stove. 

your cooking style need to change when using induction.
1) heating is really fast, you need to really prepared everything before switching it on, gone where you wait for oil to heat up while slowly cutting your garlic.
2) cost more than gas if you cook heavy, aka, breakfast, lunch, dinner also you cook ... very unlikely in KL lifestyle.
3) the thing about the plate don't heat up, remember your pot will heat up and the heat will transfer back to the plate. its HOT after cooking.
4) get induction cookware [kinda expensive], try best to avoid cheap cookware, will be destroy by rapid heat.
5) digital heat means you get hi, mid, low unlike gas where you can have in between.

Comparing induction with gas is like comparing wood fire with gas cooking ... don't bother with it. technology is different, method is different.
same quality can be achieve by using induction as with gas cooking but you do need to change your style, mainly speed. thing get cook much faster.

Induction is not exactly radiation, instead of heating up something to transfer the heat [fire > pot > food], it used the cookware itself as heating [pot > food].

bought mine at RM2100 [5 years back] Zypher (suppose spelling need to be check  rclxm9.gif ), zero death up to date.
weikee
post Oct 8 2013, 10:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Oct 8 2013, 02:28 PM)
u might as well put "tai chau lou" ... ur egg is fried b4 u can blink ...  doh.gif

used induction for more than 5 years (pacific) ... to b honest for heavy cooking using gas stove stil the best ...

but i prefer induction coz i dunwan put 2 tong gas in my kitchen ( waste space ) + if run out of gas n ask delivery , im kinda scared coz onli my wife n baby at house , nowadays u cant b too careful ....

after get use to it , its quite good actually , buy those with multiple level heating instead of onli 3 fixed settings ... very convinient especially when boiling water n soups , juz put the timer ...

for boiling water i time with stopwatch for the first time , then after tht i juz set the timer then walla i dun nid to run like crazy fella everytime the kettles blows ,

but 1 thing i dun like is simmering , instead of steady heating , induction goes like heat>stop>heat>stop , making uneven simmering , others like stir fry or deep fry , no prob coz above 1000watts , heating is steady ....

moving to new house next 2 mths , not bringing this hob along but stil gonna buy a new induction ...  thumbup.gif

p/s : keep a mobile stove for claypots. claypots simmering meats da best ...
I got two coke can stove, if you want smile.gif

My mom operate stall, and cook for catering. So playing with high power wok is my expertise too. Very convenient when my wife was confinement, boiling the water was so fast.
weikee
post Oct 9 2013, 10:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Oct 9 2013, 10:04 AM)
my business deals with these all types burners ... i know them more than any1 here ... those tai chau lou onli suit using outdoor , unless u got an open kitchen , u gonna cook urself up while cooking ur porks ...

and the sound is unbearable to some ppl , they felt it was scary  doh.gif

but no doubt the food is better when cook with those high pressure burner .... juz tht i lives in condo , if i got a bungalow , sure make an open kitchen n put these burners ....  thumbup.gif
Can customized to be portable, but cooking need big open area. Can't use hoob, it will melt the hoob.

I also use induction, portable unit. Like you mention, is the best alternative after gas.
weikee
post Dec 20 2013, 07:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 20 2013, 07:48 AM)
Next fair I go to I must go watch how Vees demo and sell. I always avoided them before.

Now I like to find out what is attracting buyers to their products, just out of curiosity smile.gif
Beware you may end up buying few smile.gif
weikee
post Dec 20 2013, 08:22 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Not what I heard. So I guess you don't missed the boat.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:39 PM