Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Vees Deli Cooker (Household)

dreamKrusher
post Jul 7 2009, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

http://www.vees.com.my/product.htm

Has anyone tried this product and kindly share its pros and cons (especially on the power consumption)?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wb4j
post Jul 7 2009, 01:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(dreamKrusher @ Jul 7 2009, 01:28 PM)

Has anyone tried this product and kindly share its pros and cons (especially on the power consumption)?
seen it in some home deco expo, it's overpriced and overrated too. To me, it's just some induction cooker and u can get it from any electrical shops at 1/10 of the price they offer.
+Quote Post
dreamKrusher
post Jul 7 2009, 01:51 PM

Getting Started

If I not mistaken, Induction cooker uses magnetic field to transfer heat while
Deli cooker claims to use coil elements to produce heat. So both are two different cooker.

I'm interested into whether it actually saves or spends more money in electric compared to the conventional gas stove.
+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jul 7 2009, 05:03 PM

Getting Started

I have saw their demo when I went to home expo.

This Delicooker is very fast get heat up and the temperature is very high also, it can put glass, stainless steel, or ceramic material and etc....

But 1 thing I don't like is, while you ON the Delicooker, you can feel the heat from the cooker. If you use induction cooker, when you ON it and didn't put anything on top of it, it won't have any heat, if you put your hand on it also won't hurt. But Delicooker will hurt.

Actually is worth to buy to replace gas cooker as Gas cooker is not safe. I have heard a fews case about when using gas cooker to cook, suddenly the gas exploded。

Whole body get injured. sweat.gif

Any body using this Delicooker, can share more info about it??
+Quote Post
wodenus
post Jul 8 2009, 01:38 AM

Tree Octopus
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(dreamKrusher @ Jul 7 2009, 01:51 PM)
If I not mistaken, Induction cooker uses magnetic field to transfer heat while
Deli cooker claims to use coil elements to produce heat. So both are two different cooker.

I'm interested into whether it actually saves or spends more money in electric compared to the conventional gas stove.
Um.. conventional gas stoves don't use electricity smile.gif

Added on July 8, 2009, 1:39 am
QUOTE(Hypro @ Jul 7 2009, 05:03 PM)
I have saw their demo when I went to home expo.

This Delicooker is very fast get heat up and the temperature is very high also, it can put glass, stainless steel, or ceramic material and etc....

But 1 thing I don't like is, while you ON the Delicooker, you can feel the heat from the cooker. If you use induction cooker, when you ON it and didn't put anything on top of it, it won't have any heat, if you put your hand on it also won't hurt. But Delicooker will hurt.

Actually is worth to buy to replace gas cooker as Gas cooker is not safe. I have heard a fews case about when using gas cooker to cook, suddenly the gas exploded。

Whole body get injured. sweat.gif

Any body using this Delicooker, can share more info about it??
The heating element might wear out due to rapid heating and cooling, that's what you might have to consider.

This post has been edited by wodenus: Jul 8 2009, 01:39 AM
+Quote Post
dreamKrusher
post Jul 8 2009, 10:31 AM

Getting Started

@wodenus
I was thinking of maybe the usage of electric bill is cheaper than gas.
The replacement of the heating element is RM 100 - RM 200 if I remember correctly from the sales person. Then again, you can't buy the replacement parts from any local stores except Vees. Therefore, the price is not easy to be challenged.
+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jul 8 2009, 11:09 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dreamKrusher @ Jul 8 2009, 10:31 AM)
@wodenus
I was thinking of maybe the usage of electric bill is cheaper than gas.
The replacement of the heating element is RM 100 - RM 200 if I remember correctly from the sales person. Then again, you can't buy the replacement parts from any local stores except Vees. Therefore, the price is not easy to be challenged.
Oh, They never mention it to me about this mad.gif Then this is one man show business, the price i think might be getting higher in the future
+Quote Post
dreamKrusher
post Jul 20 2009, 06:04 PM

Getting Started

The price definitely will be getting higher, and with better technology.
It's interesting that they start to bombard advertisements. Must be earning a lot for one piece of that cooker.
+Quote Post
Cyberiq
post Jul 24 2009, 01:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dreamKrusher @ Jul 20 2009, 06:04 PM)
It's interesting that they start to bombard advertisements. Must be earning a lot for one piece of that cooker.
I saw it at the fair too.. I think the price too high and will getting more cheap when there are other distributors
or brands in the future in Malaysian market. Now..is a monopoly market. I see this type of cooker widely use in European market
but not sure if the electricity is high or not and any others cons. I think for test market should give more discount & introduction price and let's
the buyers to help them to promote. Just see this thread, less people can give any comments till now...their stock just get stuck. doh.gif

+Quote Post
ah liew
post Jul 24 2009, 02:40 PM

エンジンオイル

Advantages: no need to replace the gas tong.
Disavantages: can't operate without electricity.

Power cut is common in M'sia so I doubt it.

Make sure to buy a curve induction cooker, because the wok cannot sit properly on a flat surface.
The Europe model only offers flat surfaced induction cooker but fellow M'sian normally cooks with a wok.

So buy carefully.

This post has been edited by ah liew: Jul 24 2009, 02:42 PM
+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jul 24 2009, 03:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ah liew @ Jul 24 2009, 02:40 PM)
Advantages: no need to replace the gas tong.
Disavantages: can't operate without electricity.

Power cut is common in M'sia so I doubt it.

Make sure to buy a curve induction cooker, because the wok cannot sit properly on a flat surface.
The Europe model only offers flat surfaced induction cooker but fellow M'sian normally cooks with a wok.

So buy carefully.

Ya agree, when buy it need to think of that also. get those with curve design and flat design together, you can use either whenever u like thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
mountainwind
post Aug 2 2009, 05:40 AM

Group: New Member

what about the food quality, and any medical report on the food cooked with the cooker? anyone?
Price is secondary, most importantly radiation if any.

it is definitely overpriced, as can get 1/10 at china website, but then again, it be from china made.
+Quote Post
dreamKrusher
post Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mountainwind @ Aug 2 2009, 05:40 AM)
what about the food quality, and any medical report on the food cooked with the cooker? anyone?
Price is secondary, most importantly radiation if any.

it is definitely overpriced, as can get 1/10 at china website, but then again, it be from china made.
What they told me is they are using heat elements (runs by electricity) and that solid tempered glass prevents the user from direct touching elements. It is definitely HOT when you near it. Not induction or magnetic concept of cooking. So I conclude that the radiation is out.

After all, it could be made in china as well...you never know...
+Quote Post
Lmeimei
post Oct 28 2009, 11:27 PM

I bought delicooker sometimes ago, the power consumption is big as it use 4000w when i use both (left and right) burner.

I have two kind of cooker with me, 10 years ago, i bought electrolux 4 burner, it's still working but the flame was somehow getting lower and lower even after the service engineer came by to clean and service. So I usually put it for soup boiling which may take few hours and the pot is usually very big at about 15 L pot.

I had 2 induction cooker which I bought 5 years ago, I bought it with the mainl reason that i can cook with a fan turn on at the kitchen. I was quite satisfy with it too....

Two years ago, I bought my set of delicooker, not for replacement of any of the gas burner or induction cooker. But addition, I can cook almost anything on top of it other than plastic , those non heated item, bamboo (steam dim sum). I can use corning ware, claypot, glass kettle (chinese tea) for reheat purpose, stanless steel and steel flat bottom pot and pan. And recently I did barbecue and steamboat on it too. (picture attached)

In morning, I would put the barbecue grill wire netting, (bought from 100 yen shop or daiso) direct on top of one of the burner to make torst bread or french torst, on the other side, I would cook oatmeal for my family.

To me, it doesn't matter wheather it's Made in China or whatever, as long as it serve my basic need, I would love to have one at home. In fact it's a dream stove for modern living woman , no longer have to worry that flame would be blow off by wind or fan. biggrin.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
elvinooi
post Nov 23 2009, 02:37 PM

QUOTE(Lmeimei @ Oct 28 2009, 11:27 PM)
I bought delicooker sometimes ago, the power consumption is big as it use 4000w when i use both (left and right) burner.

I have two kind of cooker with me, 10 years ago, i bought electrolux 4 burner, it's still working but the flame was somehow getting lower and lower even after the service engineer came by to clean and service.  So I usually put it for soup boiling which may take few hours and the pot is usually very big at about 15 L pot.

I had 2 induction cooker which I bought 5 years ago, I bought it with the mainl reason that i can cook with a fan turn on at the kitchen. I was quite satisfy with it too....

Two years ago, I bought my set of delicooker, not for replacement of any of the gas burner or induction cooker.  But addition, I can cook almost anything on top of it other than plastic , those non heated item, bamboo (steam dim sum).  I can use corning ware, claypot, glass kettle (chinese tea) for reheat purpose, stanless steel and steel flat bottom pot and pan. And recently I did barbecue and steamboat on it too.  (picture attached)

In morning, I would put the barbecue grill wire netting, (bought from 100 yen shop or daiso)  direct on top of one of the burner to make torst bread or french torst, on the other side, I would cook oatmeal for my family.

To me, it doesn't matter wheather it's Made in China or whatever, as long as it serve my basic need, I would love to have one at home.  In fact it's a dream stove for modern living woman , no longer have to worry that flame would be blow off by wind or fan. biggrin.gif
Lmeimei,

what brand u buy and how much for that?
+Quote Post
Winning11
post Nov 23 2009, 10:46 PM

Getting Started

@lmeimei,
the one that u r using now, do you need to change any heating element or need servicing?

if yes, how much does it cost?

thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
hmckl
post Jan 10 2010, 01:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Winning11 @ Nov 23 2009, 10:46 PM)
@lmeimei,
the one that u r using now, do you need to change any heating element or need servicing?

if yes, how much does it cost?

thanks in advance.
Yes, @lmeimei,
What brand is yours? Vees? How about the electricity consumption, in addition to the questions posed above?
By the way, anybody using the induction type cooker? How about it's power consumption?

+Quote Post
nec2000
post Apr 15 2010, 04:28 PM

QUOTE(dreamKrusher @ Jul 20 2009, 06:04 PM)
nah, the price will be going down soon. This is a halogen light heating technology which is using the small DC halogen bulb through reflection glass to concentrate the heat wave for cooking.( it is a very cheap technology than far more complicated induction coil cooker which only react to magnetic iron or steel)

Fagor is selling at USD80.00/unit currently for convection cooking top.

Vees definitely over-price their products. the single unit is only sold for less than RM500 in China without soft-touch buttons. No doubt the vees products have the better quality of ceramic glass, but it seems there is only one company selling this specially made cooker in Malaysia, we all have to wait for other vendor to import the same product at more competitive price in near future, or we just have to cope with Vees's products !
+Quote Post
Cowhide
post Dec 15 2010, 02:44 PM

Casual

QUOTE(nec2000 @ Apr 15 2010, 04:28 PM)
nah, the price will be going down soon. This is a halogen light heating technology which is using the small DC halogen bulb through reflection glass to concentrate the heat wave for cooking.( it is a very cheap technology than far more complicated  induction coil cooker which only react to magnetic iron or steel)

Fagor is selling at USD80.00/unit currently for convection cooking top.

Vees definitely over-price their products. the single unit is only sold for less than RM500 in China without soft-touch buttons. No doubt the vees products have the better quality of ceramic glass, but it seems there is only one company selling this specially made cooker in Malaysia, we all have to wait for other vendor to import the same product at more competitive price in near future, or we just have to cope with Vees's products !
What is the cost savings in using an electric induction cooker, versus a gas stove cooker; in Malaysia (with the current rate of 1kwh = 0.218sen)?
A sales lady told me its 50% savings. I am not sure that is accurate.
+Quote Post
Drian
post Dec 15 2010, 06:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Cowhide @ Dec 15 2010, 02:44 PM)
What is the cost savings in using an electric induction cooker, versus a gas stove cooker; in Malaysia (with the current rate of 1kwh = 0.218sen)?
A sales lady told me its 50% savings. I am not sure that is accurate.
Duh induction can't beat gas in term of cost. Both initial upfront cost(induction cooker is more expensive) and using it.
+Quote Post
Cowhide
post Jan 19 2011, 12:27 AM

Casual

Currently gas is nearly RM30 per 14kg tank.
If we don't take induction cooker purchase price into account, which one has a lower usage cost? gas or induction cooker?
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Jan 19 2011, 01:02 AM

Regular

if gas price goes up, electricity price will also go up. TNB rate keep on rising.
+Quote Post
Cowhide
post Jan 19 2011, 11:41 AM

Casual

Logically, to boil a 5 litre kettle of water, the amount of energy used is the same for both.

It only depends on the cost to boil for gas or electricity, due to different price for per unit of gas or electricity.
I suppose no one has done that research.

This post has been edited by Cowhide: Jan 19 2011, 11:41 AM
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Jan 20 2011, 02:29 PM

Regular

For those who are interested with ceramic hobs you can consider this new Fotile model

user posted image
+Quote Post
breeze5
post Mar 7 2011, 12:39 PM

Just would like to share my own real experience with Vees Delicooker in summary.

Take your own risk if you want to buy this product. Before you buy everything they tell will be very nice to hear, German technology, warranty, no explosion problem like gas stove, smart cooker with timer, compatible with all types of pots, best customer service is their most concern, unlimited free home party, zero interest installment to convince you pleasantly. One more thing they will not tell you it needs the 15 amp powerpoint until you realized it yourself when the product deliver to your doorstep. You need to change the socket to round holes plug point. When you receiving your product they will only recommend you to buy 3 Vees v-wipe Multi-Purpose Cleaner at cost RM150 for cleaning purpose and free 1 piece of Schott CeraQuick Cleaning Scraper worth RM28.

Yeap everything can be happened if gas stove or even such expensive electric stove German technology that they have claimed it so smart and good.

Honestly my new Delicooker was exploded in their sale office last weekend when we tested it out. We never use that cooker before because we can't even turn it on at home. Every time we try it at home then the whole house power was tripped. We have been keeping it for few months because of this reason until we feel what if their product faulty? That was why we brought it to our nearest branch to test it. The sale person plug the Delicooker adapter to the round holes socket on the wall, the moment he turn it on the Delicooker itself exploded and shocked us.

We are requesting them to replace a new unit but they have rejected us after few attempt. Hey that unit is totally new, we never ever get chance to turn it on! We tried to follow up with the sale person but she didn't answer the phone call and don't even reply our sms. We went to the branch again and we have to tell the story again and again to different person but helpless at the end too.

With 3k budget as consumer we actually could have many choices.

What will you do if this happen to you after pay 3k? Never get to use it, when incident happen they don't seem really perform their "best customer service" to make you feel comfortable and trust their product. It was exploded in their sale office and now requests a new unit they have rejected and try convince you saying will repair and give it back to you. Will you accept?

Think twice for wise decision before you buy something good for yourself and good luck.

+Quote Post
numbertwo
post Mar 7 2011, 01:40 PM

Regular

If you could back up your claim above with some kind of proof, FB is a good media to counter this kind of unscrupulous supplier...

Deli's FB : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000653886409
+Quote Post
breeze5
post Mar 7 2011, 08:54 PM

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Mar 7 2011, 01:40 PM)
If you could back up your claim above with some kind of proof, FB is a good media to counter this kind of unscrupulous supplier...

Deli's FB : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000653886409
Dear numbertwo,

Thank you for your suggestion. Wish people will read and know this information before they decide what is best for them! Not like us now in trouble and helpless situation.

Added on March 9, 2011, 10:02 amYesterday morning I have called to their HQ in Puchong and try to obtain their managers' contact. We are thinking try our final effort to address the problem directly to the manager. I knew that they have 3 managers in HQ and all went to Taiwan yesterday. The lady told me even if the managers are here they might go out sometimes so hardly can meet them. Therefore the lady ask me to log the problem to her and I have repeated the same story again. Then pass me to technician > another customer service lady and I refused to tell the same story again and again as I just told the first lady. So I asked them pass me back to the first lady and finally she says will replace a new unit for me. They have promised but I will wait and see if they really will bring a new unit to my doorstep on this Saturday. According to them every unit has it own unique serial number. Let's see.

Hopefully everything is fine soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right their customer service is not so good. I haven't finished my conversation on the phone with the lady she hang up.

Yeap they are dishonest, before they sell the product to customer never mention about the round plug point and socket. Just told us no problem for the installation.

I just read this from zheilwane, everyone who is interested in this product worth to spend a minute to understand more on the installation concern from these links:

http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2009/08/delicooker.html
http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2009/08/delico...-marketing.html

This post has been edited by breeze5: Mar 9 2011, 10:02 AM
+Quote Post
Jo_da48
post Mar 9 2011, 06:11 PM

Regular

In short, better not get this brand?

ANy similar product and what brand for suggestion?

+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Mar 9 2011, 09:43 PM

Regular

*breeze5 : Do you have any photos or videos to share with us?

I guess their salesmen are not well trained. If u browse through their spec, u will c that the left zone is 1800w and right zone is 2200w, so if u turn on both zones to max, it will be 4000w. If u convert it to amp, 4000w/240v = 16.6 amp. Therefore, those 13amp normal socket point definitely could not support it.

As per Fotile's manual for EEG 75201 (ceramic hob similar to vess), u are required to do a direct wire connection, cant use sockets. I guess u should do the same for vess as well.

Btw, Fotile EEG 75201 is much cheaper than Vees, less than RM 2k only.

*Note: I got all these info from googling, i might be wrong, do not hesitate to correct me.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Mar 9 2011, 11:59 PM
+Quote Post
breeze5
post Mar 10 2011, 09:16 AM

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Mar 9 2011, 09:43 PM)
*breeze5 : Do you have any photos or videos to share with us?
I guess their salesmen are not well trained. If u browse through their spec, u will c that the left zone is 1800w and right zone is 2200w, so if u turn on both zones to max, it will be 4000w. If u convert it to amp, 4000w/240v = 16.6 amp. Therefore, those 13amp normal socket point definitely could not support it.

As per Fotile's manual for EEG 75201 (ceramic hob similar to vess), u are required to do a direct wire connection, cant use sockets. I guess u should do the same for vess as well.

Btw, Fotile EEG 75201 is much cheaper than Vees, less than RM 2k only.

*Note: I got all these info from googling, i might be wrong, do not hesitate to correct me.
Dear zheilwane,

I didn't foreseen this will happen therefore no photos or video to share with you guys here. The explosion was not as serious as like the gas stove to hurt anyone because it has a good quality glass (according to them) on top of it. But it was enough to shock all of us who were standing so near to the stove when it was being switched on in their showroom / sale office branch for testing purpose. At first from their information they have claimed the product is so smart, cool and it cost so expensive so we never thought of it could be their product faulty. Quality check not strict or so fragile?

Base from this incident I do agree with you they are not well trained and don't have a good system to handle customer problem. My opinion they have a troop of sale persons just to concentrate to push their product to the market however lack of after sales service. We have deal with few sale persons during this process each of them will listen to you but never can help even they say should be no problem, but never get back with a decent solution. There was a sale person some more said I cannot understand what he told never can get a new replacement unit, what they will do is to repair and send it back to me and sure no problem after fixed, if got problem can bring it back to their office. Hey that was a new unit but it could be exploded simply just like that and I don't even get chance to turn it on now got issue shall I just accept it? To me I feel more safe / better I requets a new unit, otherwise I feel unfair why should I pay 3k to get a faulty unit? If you were me, will you request a new unit or get the repaired unit? The incident has shocked me, created phobia in me, and reduce my confident on them because I feel when something happen nobody from this company can immediate give me an efficient / responsible response. I am still not sure if the product whether good / nice to use as I haven't got chance to try it out yet. I google and found this experience sharing from other consumer, take a look http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2010/08/vees-d...aniversary.html.

We'll feel better / comfortable if anything happen on their product they could / should at least responsible fast and follow up closely internally and then give us a decent solution / answer not until the customer (us) have to always contact them to ask / follow up and they didn't seem to be contacted easily to attend your problem or push you here and there, say get back to you but never get back with the status while you are worrying and awaiting. They said their customer service is very good of course we are expecting their efficiency. Busy is not a good excuse as we are also busy, not like we have nothing better to do always like to follow up with them. They didn't do their job that's why we need to follow-up. Hey we pay for it 3k, somehow "sakit hati" if it is not good / spoilt, if you were me what will you do / feel? If we are not satisfy any goods that we buy from carrefour, giant we can return in 7 days to refund money, this one 3k if cannot get a new replacement then really disappointed. But remember my previous thread they have promised to replace a new unit after I called to their HQ, now we will wait and see and hope everything is alright soon.

When the time they came to our house for demo / home party, yes it was free of charge. When the time we bought they said will have recipe. Therefore during the home party we also take opportunity to ask for the recipe but they said will be completed soon. We did follow up with our sale person after a while but she answered us still in progress, the chef need time to write, ok fine. After so many months and we asked again last 2 weeks when the time we suggested to test our unit in their showroom she said still not done yet and the chef still needing time to write it. Can you see is this efficient? any system? From last year June until now how many months already? Suppose at least there are some recipes to guide users / customers how to utilise different type of pots to do dishes as we are new to their product and they have claimed claypot, glass, stainless steel, ceramic pots all can be used unlike induction cooker. Not we like to chase them on the recipe just we want to learn from the example how we could make the product useful and efficient for us in cooking since they told us will have it.

If they want to compete with other competitors in the market I think they have to make a lot of improvement on their customer service / after sales service, more systematic and always remember customers are paying for their product / services that is where they can sustain and grow their business. We hope they will, not disappointed their customers anymore. Hope they will be honest to their customer to address them it needs round plug point and round holes socket as people to install/change this will incur extra cost. Also address the customers there are special cleanser 3 bottles cost RM150, expensive and extra cost. We only knew these when the moment our good delievered to our doorstep. At least they have to address their customers and let them decide or have preparation. If the customer feel the product is good and willing to pay for those extra costs then they won't feel like cheated.

If given chance, I will not buy this product (make me feel like buy this product like buying myself an expensive problem) anymore. If given chance, I hope to get full refund too. Now, I hope the new unit for us is ok and I could make it useful for our cooking.

+Quote Post
busyman1214
post Jun 11 2011, 09:08 PM

no matter what u use,the important thing is must care the safety 1st.......GAS is out for this century......
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 11 2011, 11:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Drian @ Dec 15 2010, 06:54 PM)
Duh induction can't beat gas in term of cost. Both initial upfront cost(induction cooker is more expensive) and using it.
Malaysia, Gas are subsidies so it still be cheaper. But putting all equal Induction will be much better and faster in heating up too.

+Quote Post
MNE^^
post Jun 11 2011, 11:51 PM

QUOTE(breeze5 @ Mar 7 2011, 08:54 PM)
Dear numbertwo,

Thank you for your suggestion. Wish people will read and know this information before they decide what is best for them! Not like us now in trouble and helpless situation.

Added on March 9, 2011, 10:02 amYesterday morning I have called to their HQ in Puchong and try to obtain their managers' contact. We are thinking try our final effort to address the problem directly to the manager. I knew that they have 3 managers in HQ and all went to Taiwan yesterday. The lady told me even if the managers are here they might go out sometimes so hardly can meet them. Therefore the lady ask me to log the problem to her and I have repeated the same story again. Then pass me to technician > another customer service lady and I refused to tell the same story again and again as I just told the first lady. So I asked them pass me back to the first lady and finally she says will replace a new unit for me. They have promised but I will wait and see if they really will bring a new unit to my doorstep on this Saturday. According to them every unit has it own unique serial number. Let's see.

Hopefully everything is fine soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right their customer service is not so good. I haven't finished my conversation on the phone with the lady she hang up.

Yeap they are dishonest, before they sell the product to customer never mention about the round plug point and socket. Just told us no problem for the installation.
I just read this from zheilwane, everyone who is interested in this product worth to spend a minute to understand more on the installation concern from these links:

http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2009/08/delicooker.html
http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2009/08/delico...-marketing.html
Hi breeze5,

Have you get new replacement unit today? Pls share with us again.

Does anyone can share with us on how to remove the stain since quite a few ppl face the same problem?
15amp plug point will cost more expensive than normal plug point?

Thank you all.
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Jun 12 2011, 12:03 AM

Regular

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 11 2011, 11:19 PM)
Malaysia, Gas are subsidies so it still be cheaper. But putting all equal Induction will be much better and faster in heating up too.
Chris (one of LYN forumer) said, "once u use induction, you will never wanna use gas" it heats up faster compared to gas. However, not all cooking utensils are suitable for induction, so he bought Fotile HL7B (1 induction zone and 1 gas).

However, if u r gonna get an electric hob, vitroceramic like vees or Fotile EEG 75201 would b better than induction (mainly bcoz it is not compatible with some of the cooking utensils)

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Jun 12 2011, 12:07 AM
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 12 2011, 12:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Jun 12 2011, 12:03 AM)
Chris (one of LYN forumer) said, "once u use induction, you will never wanna use gas" it heats up faster compared to gas. However, not all cooking utensils are suitable for induction, so he bought Fotile HL7B (1 induction zone and 1 gas).

However, if u r gonna get an electric hob, vitroceramic like vees or Fotile EEG 75201 would b better than induction (mainly bcoz it is not compatible with some of the cooking utensils)
Yup, not all will work on induction. But my WMF work smile.gif. I notice not all non stick pan work on induction too. So please check the pan spec when you have an induction cooker.

I will put an induction cooker "portable" in dry kitchen, and use rinnai gas stove in wet kitchen.
+Quote Post
orientaliew
post Jun 13 2011, 12:57 AM

Casual

i m concern on whether this new technology is good for our health compared with the conventional gas stove. now using hand phone also not safe according to certain parties.
after the earthquake in Japan, i m also concern about the amount of radioactive released by this type of new stove.
anybody heard of the brand of SUGAWA, which provide 3 years warranty for so called nano digital stove(induction plus halogen). blush.gif
there is also another brand called SENZ(Radiant & Induction cooker), anybody know this brand? rclxub.gif

thanks for the advices.
+Quote Post
ozak
post Jun 13 2011, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(orientaliew @ Jun 13 2011, 12:57 AM)
i m concern on whether this new technology is good for our health compared with the conventional gas stove. now using hand phone also not safe according to certain parties.
after the earthquake in Japan, i m also concern about the amount of radioactive released by this type of new stove.
anybody heard of the brand of SUGAWA, which provide 3 years warranty for so called nano digital stove(induction plus halogen). blush.gif 
there is also another brand called SENZ(Radiant & Induction cooker), anybody know this brand? rclxub.gif

thanks for the advices.
You don't save if with those halogen or radiant technology which indirectly generate heat. Better just use gas which is cheaper. For cost use, gas is still cheaper and next is induction cooker. If you want a good and quality induction cooker, get the panasonic.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 11:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Induction is safe, and is still the fastest and most economical way of cooking cause heat are not waste. Don't switch on the induction cooker without any pan / pot. Most reputable brand have auto off when detect nothing on the top.

Theoretically Magnetic fields can cause health problem like hand-phone, but not been proven

http://www.bag.admin.ch/themen/strahlung/0...ex.html?lang=en

This post has been edited by weikee: Jun 13 2011, 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
JinXXX
post Jun 13 2011, 11:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!

found a nice site that gives some info on induction technology

http://theinductionsite.com/how-induction-works.shtml

kinda like the "zoneless" induction cooktop tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jun 13 2011, 01:16 PM

Getting Started

I am using induction cooker, Aowa, the one with curve shape. Overall, it heat up event faster than gas cooker, and it is very easy to do the cleaning, compare to gas stove, you can't touch the stove at all after you cook and the gas stove always have some sticky oily thing on it, and is hard to clean it also.

1 thing I prefer induction cooker is you don't have to worry on the usage compare to gas, because last time when I use gas cooker, I always need to standby 2 gas tong in order to change it when the gas is finish. Another thing is the pot, if using gas stove, under the pot is has some dark oily sticky things that always feel headache to clean it. If using induction cooker, problem resolved. Others reason is we can set the timer and by pressing boil function when you boil anything, the cooker will automatically stop when the food or water is hit. Last time I use to burnt when I boil chinese medicine. Although it is human mistake but it is very dangerous.

When I purchase this induction cooker, it comes with 15-PIECE 3 COMPOSITE LAYERS 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE SET. It is very convenience and useful. My wife have try to use this cookware to stew food, the taste is same as using claypot. WONDERFUL thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Hypro @ Jun 13 2011, 01:16 PM)
I am using induction cooker, Aowa, the one with curve shape. Overall, it heat up event faster than gas cooker, and it is very easy to do the cleaning, compare to gas stove, you can't touch the stove at all after you cook and the gas stove always have some sticky oily thing on it, and is hard to clean it also.

1 thing I prefer induction cooker is you don't have to worry on the usage compare to gas, because last time when I use gas cooker, I always need to standby 2 gas tong in order to change it when the gas is finish. Another thing is the pot, if using gas stove, under the pot is has some dark oily sticky things that always feel headache to clean it. If using induction cooker, problem resolved. Others reason is we can set the timer and by pressing boil function when you boil anything, the cooker will automatically stop when the food or water is hit. Last time I use to burnt when I boil chinese medicine. Although it is human mistake but it is very dangerous.

When I purchase this induction cooker, it comes with 15-PIECE 3 COMPOSITE LAYERS 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE SET. It is very convenience and useful. My wife have try to use this cookware to stew food, the taste is same as using claypot. WONDERFUL thumbup.gif
When gas stove give dark stain is usually because of not complete burn, else is very clean burn.

Gas is still my 1st option, and by dry kitchen is 2nd option to have induction there. In case of no electric gas still can boil and cook smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jun 13 2011, 02:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 13 2011, 01:29 PM)
When gas stove give dark stain is usually because of not complete burn, else is very clean burn.

Gas is still my 1st option, and by dry kitchen is 2nd option to have induction there. In case of no electric gas still can boil and cook smile.gif
You are right, when electric is off, usually will have dinner out side, unless want to have candle light dinner at home smile.gif
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 03:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Boiling water also need mah. So Gas for such situation is good. Even boiling hot water for bath.

My mom is a cook, i am train to use the big powerful gas stove for commecial / restaurant use. You know the type with just an opening in the center like a coca-cola tin. When light up the fire can be 2 feet high. Frying an egg just take me 1mins or less. With house gas stove is so dram slow.

Induction cooker speed it near my requirement. But still the "Mui far loh" is the best when come to frying with good "wok hei"

+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jun 13 2011, 05:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 13 2011, 03:24 PM)
Boiling water also need mah. So Gas for such situation is good. Even boiling hot water for bath.

My mom is a cook, i am train to use the big powerful gas stove for commecial / restaurant use. You know the type with just an opening in the center like a coca-cola tin. When light up the fire can be 2 feet high. Frying an egg just take me 1mins or less. With house gas stove is so dram slow.

Induction cooker speed it near my requirement. But still the "Mui far loh" is the best when come to frying with good "wok hei"
Agree with you, if you want those 2 feet high light up, induction cooker can't manage to do that, but I am not sure about Vees. I heard Vees promoter said that their cooker can provide 400 to 500 degree hit and is as same as your powerful gas stove. Maybe need to verify with Vees user on this.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

This Vees or similar stove take time to heat up. By the time the heat reach the pot I already done my cooking (in induction)

+Quote Post
ozak
post Jun 13 2011, 05:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Hypro @ Jun 13 2011, 05:04 PM)
Agree with you, if you want those 2 feet high light up, induction cooker can't manage to do that, but I am not sure about Vees. I heard Vees promoter said that their cooker can provide 400 to 500 degree hit and is as same as your powerful gas stove. Maybe need to verify with Vees user on this.
Anything can heat up that degree. It just how save is the electricity to generate that heat.
+Quote Post
Hypro
post Jun 13 2011, 05:59 PM

Getting Started

Actually when I saw Vees delicooker at the HomeDec at midvalley, I get shock when they boil the water. After the water was boil up to 100 degree they still let it boil and water was coming out from the pot. I can see on top of the cooker itself is very hot as well. If accidentally touch it, it is going to be serious injured. Their technology is not induction, that's why no matter what kind of pot you use, also can cook wheres induction cooker only have reaction with stainless steel pot.
+Quote Post
JoJo(0^0)
post Jun 13 2011, 11:34 PM

Hi
I just visited a fren who is using ceramic cooker (similar to Vees), she is very happy with it. Few pro&con she share:
Pro
1. No bad smell of gas while cooking
2. Easy to clean the cooker & utensil
3. No oily smoke only steam
4. Power is very strong, she use only 7 while max is 9 (she say enough Wok Qi)
5.Electricity bil after installed not much increase
6.Timer for lady especially boilng soup, we tend to forget

Con:
1.Old wok (round bottom) cant seat on it. Only flat bottom utensil.

Txs breeze5 for sharing Vees, I am looking for other brand like Fortile, Fujihome...etc hope more ppl will share their experience.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jun 13 2011, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!

BTW, if any of you use induction cooker, i learn a nice trick for easy cleaning if you worry to dirty the induction cooker glass. Before cooking, take some used paper / newspaper put in between the pan and induction cooker. If the soup / source flow just throw the paper, no need cleaning.

I used this method every time i make porridge for my daughter.

+Quote Post
megadisc
post Jun 27 2011, 11:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(weikee @ Jun 14 2011, 12:55 AM)
BTW, if any of you use induction cooker, i learn a nice trick for easy cleaning if you worry to dirty the induction cooker glass.  Before cooking, take some used paper / newspaper put in between the pan and induction cooker. If the soup / source flow just throw the paper, no need cleaning.

I used this method every time i make porridge for my daughter.
sui ah ...
i want this
since got promo
+Quote Post
xt4
post Jul 11 2011, 01:53 PM

Thinks of buying Vees during the exhibition in Mid Valley, got discount some more 4099 --> 3899 (RM200)... but out of sudden dont feel like buying... some more without any survey yet..... so think of RM200 waste rather than disappoitment of RM3899....

Luckily i didnt buy it... actually there are a lot brand is having thing similar to Vees... the only thinkg is Vees do advertisement a lot... and said they have best/high quality product....

Lately i search and found a lot brand which is also cheaper... Fotile, Fagor, Elba, Bosch.....

But the Vees staff said their product is the higher quality somemore imported... But if i take Bosch as consideration, i dont think Bosch use the cheap/low quality..... Bosch (Famous German brand), then Elba - one of it is imported / made in EU...

So i'm now considering Elba.... any comment/suggestion...
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jul 11 2011, 02:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(xt4 @ Jul 11 2011, 01:53 PM)
Thinks of buying Vees during the exhibition in Mid Valley, got discount some more 4099 --> 3899 (RM200)... but out of sudden dont feel like buying... some more without any survey yet..... so think of RM200 waste rather than disappoitment of RM3899....

Luckily i didnt buy it... actually there are a lot brand is having thing similar to Vees... the only thinkg is Vees do advertisement a lot... and said they have best/high quality product....

Lately i search and found a lot brand which is also cheaper... Fotile, Fagor, Elba, Bosch.....

But the Vees staff said their product is the higher quality somemore imported... But if i take Bosch as consideration, i dont think Bosch use the cheap/low quality..... Bosch (Famous German brand), then Elba - one of it is imported / made in EU...

So i'm now considering Elba.... any comment/suggestion...
They TKSS lah.

Got one forum / bloogger post the the use of vees and she don't recommend.

Added on July 11, 2011, 2:13 pmThis one after 1 year of usage.
http://elwylim.blogspot.com/2010/08/vees-d...aniversary.html

This post has been edited by weikee: Jul 11 2011, 02:13 PM
+Quote Post
salormoon80
post Aug 17 2011, 09:26 PM

how much is the vees selling? i heard only $3288.. so if is not good so what model for Borsch?
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Aug 17 2011, 10:05 PM

Regular

Fotile EEG 75201 is less than RM 2k. We having Raya Promotion now. Just join us in facebook to view the promotions

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100...5528914&sk=info

user posted image

+Quote Post
pennie23
post Nov 27 2011, 07:10 PM

Getting Started

Unfortunately, without reading the forum... I have paid rm2988 for this vees delicooker include 1 year warranty + 8 pieces of some pan and wok@ the mid valley perfect living fair...Feel a little regret since fotile only selling @ rm2k... Haihz
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Nov 27 2011, 07:55 PM

Regular

lol, is LESS THAN RM 2k not RM 2k
+Quote Post
pennie23
post Nov 27 2011, 08:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Nov 27 2011, 08:55 PM)
lol, is LESS THAN RM 2k not RM 2k
Kena conned de..... Should have survey first before putting in the decision.

+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Nov 28 2011, 12:07 AM

Regular

i bliv u still have many things to buy, jus join my facebook to view our promotions and drop by my shop for final pricing and good advise.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?flyingspaghettimonster=logo#...100001245528914
+Quote Post
ckl1998
post Nov 28 2011, 05:22 PM

I am using Teka TRS 635. Vee is basically local brand. Quality and design wise, off course can't match those like Teka, Bosch. The ceramic used normally is either EuroKera (for Teka) or Schott Ceran (for Bosch). Previous Vee models use EuroKera and now they use Schott Ceran. Something that you might like about Vee is
a) longer radius between center of cooking zones so that you have larger cooking space
b) timer can be set beyond 99 minutes
c) the hob has dual installation where you can either do it the built in way or the freestanding way
I have been using vitroceramic (hi-light) and induction hob for the last 10 years. I would say induction is better in term of cooking power and temperature control as compared to vitroceramic. The only drawback of induction is it works only on metal. However, I think it doesn't really matter since high end cookware are all stainless steel. If you can afford, go for induction.

This post has been edited by ckl1998: Nov 28 2011, 11:22 PM
+Quote Post
pennie23
post Nov 28 2011, 11:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ckl1998 @ Nov 28 2011, 06:22 PM)
I am using Teka TRS 635. Vee is basically local brand. Quality and design wise, off course can't match those like Teka, Bosch. The ceramic used normally is either EuroKera (for Teka) or Schott Ceran (for Bosch). Previous Vee models use EuroKera and now they use Schott Ceran. Something that you might like about Vee is
a) longer radius between center of cooking zones so that you have larger cooking space
b) timer can be set beyond 99 minutes
c) the hob has dual installation where you can either do it the built in way or the freestanding way
I have been using vitroceramic (hi-light) and induction hob for the last 10 years. I would say induction is better in term of cooking power and temperature control as compared to vitroceramic. The only drawback of induction is it works only on metal. However, I think it doesn't really matter since high end cookware are all stainless steel. If you can afford, go for induction.
Hi CKL, thx for the info... Unfortunately I have place the booking with vees delicooker HL-400. Since u have been using both the vitroceramic and induction. Do u install the hood? I was being told since we r not hardcore cook.. Can skip the hood option as vitroceramic dun produce much smoke and won't really spill... Not sure if this is true...
+Quote Post
iamsobloodysick
post Nov 29 2011, 12:03 AM

Regular

QUOTE(pennie23 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:57 PM)
Hi CKL, thx for the info... Unfortunately I have place the booking with vees delicooker HL-400. Since u have been using both the vitroceramic and induction. Do u install the hood? I was being told since we r not hardcore cook.. Can skip the hood option as vitroceramic dun produce much smoke and won't really spill... Not sure if this is true...
If you do use oil for cooking, the smoke will contain oil and spread around your kitchen area.
+Quote Post
ckl1998
post Dec 2 2011, 01:58 AM

QUOTE(pennie23 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:57 PM)
This is not true. Hood and type of hob has no direct relation. Trust me, with hood, oil will still spill and odor will still there but with much lesser severity and all these depend on the efficiency of the hood. High end hood will benchmark themselves against efficiency rating (oil filteration and fume extraction efficiency) and not simply on extraction power (m3/hr). For example, a hood with 96% oil filtration and 96% fume extraction efficiency where its exhaust air flow is 1300m3/hr or even 800m3/hr is much much better than a normal or low grade hood which claims 1500m3/hr. Normal hood will never sell themselves with efficiency rating and will only sell on extraction power which is basically the exhaust air flow. Whether the hood is good in trapping oil spill and removing odor, it is all about the efficiency of the hood inclusive but not limited to the overall hood design.

This post has been edited by ckl1998: Dec 2 2011, 08:34 AM
+Quote Post
eastern
post May 15 2012, 04:23 PM

Getting Started

Dear all,

Just curious is the halogen cooker / stove comparatively good?

eg: in terms of electricity consumption and efficiency?

Hope to hear some replies.
+Quote Post
ozak
post May 15 2012, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(eastern @ May 15 2012, 04:23 PM)
Dear all,

Just curious is the halogen cooker / stove comparatively good?

eg: in terms of electricity consumption and efficiency?

Hope to hear some replies.
Just get the induction type if you want electrical cooker. All others type are sucks consumption and efficiency.
+Quote Post
weikee
post May 15 2012, 04:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!

There is no efficiency if we talk about ceramic or halogen.
+Quote Post
craftsnknots
post May 15 2012, 04:44 PM

Casual

QUOTE(weikee @ May 15 2012, 05:29 PM)
There is no efficiency if we talk about ceramic or halogen.
I still prefer the cook on a gas stove with the old black wok. can 'chau'.

Frying pan, cannot really 'chau' like when you wanna make fried rice...no frying pan can beat the black wok on gas tongue.gif

Unless we talk about ppl who doesn't 'chau' things than i think it does not matter...

gas stove with a proper chinese wok is still the best
+Quote Post
weikee
post May 15 2012, 04:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ May 15 2012, 04:44 PM)
I still prefer the cook on a gas stove with the old black wok. can 'chau'.

Frying pan, cannot really 'chau' like when you wanna make fried rice...no frying pan can beat the black wok on gas tongue.gif

Unless we talk about ppl who doesn't 'chau' things than i think it does not matter...

gas stove with a proper chinese wok is still the best
That is cast iron wok, I am using one. Much sold than ss wok. Much better wok hei.
+Quote Post
limks123
post May 15 2012, 05:07 PM

Getting Started

hehe, how you guys think about Vigico Induction cooker?
Gas or induction better?

hehe care to advise.
+Quote Post
ozak
post May 15 2012, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 15 2012, 05:07 PM)
hehe, how you guys think about Vigico Induction cooker?
Gas or induction better?

hehe care to advise.
Always gas is better. In term cost of your meal.
+Quote Post
luvjim
post May 15 2012, 05:46 PM

last resort

From my point of view....if you already always cook at home with all goreng goreng or 'chau' stuff....you will prefer gas stove and wok....especially when you want to 'fry' rice....fry rice on pan really no syok....

While induction cooker is just like another decoration for your kitchen....it is use to beautify your kitchen only tongue.gif

I seldom cook and the gas tank I using..still survive after 1 and half year....so one of the point on induction cooker cost effective doesn't apply to me in this case...

+Quote Post
limks123
post May 15 2012, 06:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(luvjim @ May 15 2012, 05:46 PM)
From my point of view....if you already always cook at home with all goreng goreng or 'chau' stuff....you will prefer gas stove and wok....especially when you want to 'fry' rice....fry rice on pan really no syok....

While induction cooker is just like another decoration for your kitchen....it is use to beautify your kitchen only tongue.gif

I seldom cook and the gas tank I using..still survive after 1 and half year....so one of the point on induction cooker cost effective doesn't apply to me in this case...
But induction cooker has their own type of extension enable us to use wok but must be stainless steel type. Thinking of ordering gas really kind of troublesome !
+Quote Post
craftsnknots
post May 15 2012, 06:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 15 2012, 07:39 PM)
But induction cooker has their own type of extension enable us to use wok but must be stainless steel type. Thinking of ordering gas really kind of troublesome !
Just order from petronas and they send to your house plus free checks on your gas hoses..not troublesome what...
+Quote Post
weikee
post May 15 2012, 06:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 15 2012, 06:39 PM)
Convenient, cost, and taste you have to juggle.
+Quote Post
limks123
post May 16 2012, 07:09 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ May 15 2012, 06:41 PM)
Just order from petronas and they send to your house plus free checks on your gas hoses..not troublesome what...
Hehe want try sthg different... Look nice! Haha haiz... Still considering!

Added on May 16, 2012, 7:11 am
QUOTE(weikee @ May 15 2012, 06:43 PM)
Convenient, cost, and taste you have to juggle.
Convenient n cost still ok i guess coz some good stove also cost a bomb.. Will taste b different? Hehe never cook before so dont knw much!

This post has been edited by limks123: May 16 2012, 07:11 AM
+Quote Post
ozak
post May 16 2012, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 16 2012, 07:09 AM)
Hehe want try sthg different... Look nice! Haha haiz... Still considering!

Added on May 16, 2012, 7:11 am

Convenient n cost still ok i guess coz some good stove also cost a bomb.. Will taste b different? Hehe never cook before so dont knw much!
If you not in heavy cook, induction is ok. Induction also good in easy clean and maintain. Just you have to change your cooking style and cookware. Food taste, nothing different.

I m using induction for many yrs and abandon the gas cooker longtime ago.
+Quote Post
limks123
post May 16 2012, 09:15 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ozak @ May 16 2012, 08:29 AM)
If you not in heavy cook, induction is ok. Induction also good in easy clean and maintain. Just you have to change your cooking style and cookware. Food taste, nothing different.

Oh yea.. really.. look very nice indeed hahaha..... only concern is all cooking ware must be suitable for induction usage... but just a minor issue.. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
luvjim
post May 16 2012, 09:59 AM

last resort

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 15 2012, 06:39 PM)
How troublesome to order gas oh? You finish a tank of gas every month meh?

Okla..if you likes the design and you have the money...then go for it lor.... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
craftsnknots
post May 16 2012, 10:01 AM

Casual

He has already decided on induction, just wanna hear how many ppl agree
+Quote Post
luvjim
post May 16 2012, 10:02 AM

last resort

QUOTE(ozak @ May 16 2012, 08:29 AM)

Actually if you are not heavy cook....what's the different maintaining and cleaning the gas stove...which the cost much more cheaper?
If you seldom use...the gas stove will only be cover by dust rather than oil dirt. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ozak
post May 16 2012, 11:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(luvjim @ May 16 2012, 10:02 AM)
Actually if you are not heavy cook....what's the different maintaining and cleaning the gas stove...which the cost much more cheaper?
If you seldom use...the gas stove will only be cover by dust rather than oil dirt. smile.gif
My experience is, the gas leak out finish more than I use the gas. My gas tong is outside my house. So I need to go out and turn the regulator knob everytime to use. And OFF it when not in use. When lazy mood kick in, you know what is troublesome. When the gas finish leak out, I can't use that night. And wait for next day to get the gas. Maggi mee also cannot eat. Got to ta pau.

Using induction, switch ON and cook. Finish, wipe the flat surface and done. That's all. Since very less cook, the induction electrical bill will cost me only RM1-3/mth.
+Quote Post
ozak
post May 16 2012, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 16 2012, 09:15 AM)
Oh yea.. really.. look very nice indeed hahaha..... only concern is all cooking ware must be suitable for induction usage... but just a minor issue..  icon_rolleyes.gif
You need to get the magnetize material type cook ware. But now quite a lot and easy find.

Compare fews yrs ago when induction is still rare, get a cookware is difficult. So I need to carry a magnet to test it out before buy.
+Quote Post
luvjim
post May 16 2012, 11:27 AM

last resort

QUOTE(ozak @ May 16 2012, 11:11 AM)
My experience is, the gas leak out finish more than I use the gas. My gas tong is outside my house. So I need to go out and turn the regulator knob everytime to use. And OFF it when not in use. When lazy mood kick in, you know what is troublesome. When the gas finish leak out, I can't use that night. And wait for next day to get the gas. Maggi mee also cannot eat. Got to ta pau.

Using induction, switch ON and cook. Finish, wipe the flat surface and done. That's all. Since very less cook, the induction electrical bill will cost me only RM1-3/mth.
Erm....I have yet experience gas leak so far...not even my mom. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
limks123
post May 16 2012, 11:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(luvjim @ May 16 2012, 09:59 AM)
How troublesome to order gas oh? You finish a tank of gas every month meh?

Okla..if you likes the design and you have the money...then go for it lor.... biggrin.gif
Just thought of to get rid of gas cylinder, hehe....
As for cost a bit expensive but i guess still worth it, b'coz promotion free whole set of stainless steel ware + full set of ceramic pot.

Added on May 16, 2012, 11:30 am
QUOTE(ozak @ May 16 2012, 11:11 AM)

My experience is cylinder gas finished during night time, can't even place any order for the gas but have to wait till tomorrow morning. Argh.. a bit frustrated.

This post has been edited by limks123: May 16 2012, 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
Kelv
post May 16 2012, 11:31 AM

Just a lil' bit

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 16 2012, 11:27 AM)
As for cost a bit expensive but i guess still worth it, b'coz promotion free whole set of stainless steel ware + full set of ceramic pot.
What's the promotion price now? Vees Deli Cooker?
+Quote Post
limks123
post May 16 2012, 11:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ May 16 2012, 10:01 AM)
He has already decided on induction, just wanna hear how many ppl agree
Haha, not really la, just wan to hear some advise and any induction cooker users.

Added on May 16, 2012, 11:32 am
QUOTE(Kelv @ May 16 2012, 11:31 AM)
What's the promotion price now? Vees Deli Cooker?
No la, i talking about Vigico Brand. hehe laugh.gif

This post has been edited by limks123: May 16 2012, 11:32 AM
+Quote Post
ozak
post May 16 2012, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(limks123 @ May 16 2012, 11:27 AM)
Don't get con for this promotion and free stuff.

You need to look at the reliable and the service of that brand. What for to have all this free stuff and promotion when the induction you sell is lousy and bad service.

It get me 3 unit change inorder the unit work find. It just lucky my relative is the electrical shop owner.

Added on May 16, 2012, 12:04 pm
QUOTE(luvjim @ May 16 2012, 11:27 AM)
Erm....I have yet experience gas leak so far...not even my mom. tongue.gif
When you everyday use and 1-2mth change a tong, you don't realise it. But if you few mth not cook, you know how fast the gas gone.

This post has been edited by ozak: May 16 2012, 12:04 PM
+Quote Post
Kelv
post May 16 2012, 12:27 PM

Just a lil' bit

Just wondering why Vees Deli Cooker cost almost x10 more than other typical brand like Philips, Electrolux?
Vigico Brand good? What is the price and promotion now?
+Quote Post
Galaxy Angel
post Sep 21 2012, 10:42 AM

Casual

hi all:

Do cookware such as claypot, glass and ceramic able to use on induction cooker? As I saw Smartcooker from Sugawa mentioned it it able to use. Therefore would like to ask your opinion.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ozak
post Sep 21 2012, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Sep 21 2012, 10:42 AM)
hi all:

Do cookware such as claypot, glass and ceramic able to use on induction cooker? As I saw Smartcooker from Sugawa mentioned it it able to use. Therefore would like to ask your opinion.

Attached Image
Look carefully the cooker. 1 side is induction and 1 side heater. Claypot or glass is using at the heater side.
+Quote Post
Galaxy Angel
post Sep 21 2012, 04:25 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 21 2012, 01:48 PM)
Look carefully the cooker. 1 side is induction and 1 side heater. Claypot or glass is using at the heater side.
Hi Ozak:

Thanks for the info. You are right, 1 side is using the ceramic. hehe. Now is make sense.

I have another question, if you can advise me. When talk about the power usage, if you look at the link below, the spec stated total power 3100W (2200W-Left, 1800W-Right), not sure this is an typo error? As we know 2200W+1800W = 4000W instead of 3100W.

Further more, they claim that normal plug 13A is sufficient, no need to use 15A, if based on P = VI, then I = P/V

For 3100W max power usage, then I = 3100/240 = 12.9A ~ 13A.
IF
For 4000W max power usage, then I = 4000/240 = 16.7A, which normal plug 13A can not be used anymore.

Below is the SUGAWA Smartcooker link.

http://sugawa.com.my/index.php?option=com_...emid=75&lang=en
+Quote Post
ozak
post Sep 21 2012, 07:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Sep 21 2012, 04:25 PM)
Hi Ozak:

Thanks for the info. You are right, 1 side is using the ceramic. hehe. Now is make sense.

I have another question, if you can advise me. When talk about the power usage, if you look at the link below, the spec stated total power 3100W (2200W-Left, 1800W-Right), not sure this is an typo error? As we know 2200W+1800W = 4000W instead of 3100W.

Further more, they claim that normal plug 13A is sufficient, no need to use 15A, if based on P = VI, then I = P/V

IF
For 4000W max power usage, then I = 4000/240 = 16.7A, which normal plug 13A can not be used anymore.

Maybe you got to read carefully the spec.

If both side using, 1 of them will adjust down the power itself. So not to over the total power. That is why the spec wrote 3100W. This is what normally I read.

It is best if you can change to higher amp socket and the plug. It is running max without any safer percentage. And do not share with others applicant.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Sep 21 2012, 07:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Better get 15amp socket.
+Quote Post
Galaxy Angel
post Sep 21 2012, 07:56 PM

Casual

ok, thanks weikee & ozak =)
+Quote Post
weikee
post Sep 21 2012, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Sep 21 2012, 04:25 PM)
Hi Ozak:

IF

Our incoming voltage is not constant 240v. it varied from 230 to 240, sometime even 220. So your current will go up if Watt maintain.
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Sep 22 2012, 08:45 AM

Regular

i guess it is best to double check with sugawa. I checked with rubine's hob they are using 1800+1300= 3100. So, may b typo.
http://rubine.com.my/products-page/hob/rct-ecogreen-inhl2/

+Quote Post
Galaxy Angel
post Sep 24 2012, 12:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Sep 22 2012, 08:45 AM)
i guess it is best to double check with sugawa. I checked with rubine's hob they are using 1800+1300= 3100. So, may b typo.
http://rubine.com.my/products-page/hob/rct-ecogreen-inhl2/
ok, thanks for the info, not yet decide. Surveying at the moment. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
godutch
post Sep 24 2012, 03:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Galaxy Angel @ Sep 24 2012, 12:36 PM)
ok, thanks for the info, not yet decide. Surveying at the moment.  tongue.gif
Hi, i spoke to the sugawa salesperson at a reno fair in June. i remembered he showed us the total power for BOTH sides did not add up to 2200+1800. Meaning if you use only one side, the total power will be 2200W and 1800W, But if you on BOTH sides together, the TOtal is 3100W max. He showed us by having both sides on, and increasing one side will Automatically reduces the W on the other side, hope this helps. But you may wanna double check, maybe different model?

But ended up didnt buy tongue.gif

This post has been edited by godutch: Sep 24 2012, 03:31 PM
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Sep 24 2012, 07:10 PM

Regular

Most electrical hobs has something like a thermostat. If the temperature is too high, it will automatically stop heating to prevent it from overheating. Not sure izzit bcoz of this the electricity drop.
+Quote Post
Galaxy Angel
post Sep 25 2012, 08:40 AM

Casual

QUOTE(godutch @ Sep 24 2012, 03:29 PM)
Hi, i spoke to the sugawa salesperson at a reno fair in June. i remembered he showed us the total power for BOTH sides did not add up to 2200+1800. Meaning if you use only one side, the total power will be 2200W and 1800W, But if you on BOTH sides together, the TOtal is 3100W max. He showed us by having both sides on, and increasing one side will Automatically reduces the W on the other side, hope this helps. But you may wanna double check, maybe different model?

But ended up didnt buy tongue.gif
oic, yes, this make sense. So at the end, which brand n model u bought? smile.gif
+Quote Post
godutch
post Sep 25 2012, 09:15 AM

Getting Started

was quite tempted to buy but luckily we didnt because a few steps away there was another brand selling induction cooker which after seeing their demo in the end made us feel the sugawa salesperson wasnt very honest to us.

the sugawa salesperson showed us the combined "ceramic & induction" cooker but claim that the cooker wont heat up and even put a stack of paper (mark the word "stack") on top of the cooker to prove that it's not heating up (safe for family with kids), he even sprayed water on top and put his hand on the cooker to prove his point. that was our first encounter with induction cooker coz b4 that never thot of buying so didnt do much of research, so we were quite impressed.

after we stopped at the other brand then only we realised that the sugawa guy only did the above demo on the "induction" cooker, because the ceramic cooker will definitely heat up when power is on, and if we put a few piece of papers (instead of one stack) the paper starts burning.

in the end we bought another brand although the price is more expensive then sugawa, both are induction cooker considering we hv kids at home. The initial thot was to replace the gas cooker we hv but our chief chef at home wanna keep the gas cooker as well, so until today we've not taken delivery of the induction cooker we bought coz our wet kitchen too small to accommodate both induction & gas cookers laugh.gif

now still in the process of planning to make place in the dry kitchen instead to place the induction cooker. If you are not in the rush, i can share with you our experience after we use it, but then it could take a while.

+Quote Post
weikee
post Sep 25 2012, 03:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Have anyone run the twin burner at max let it draw max current fire 30mins, and touch the cables?
+Quote Post
Galaxy Angel
post Sep 25 2012, 03:48 PM

Casual

QUOTE(godutch @ Sep 25 2012, 09:15 AM)
was quite tempted to buy but luckily we didnt because a few steps away there was another brand selling induction cooker which after seeing their demo in the end made us feel the sugawa salesperson wasnt very honest to us.

the sugawa salesperson showed us the combined "ceramic & induction" cooker but claim that the cooker wont heat up and even put a stack of paper (mark the word "stack") on top of the cooker to prove that it's not heating up (safe for family with kids), he even sprayed water on top and put his hand on the cooker to prove his point. that was our first encounter with induction cooker coz b4 that never thot of buying so didnt do much of research, so we were quite impressed.

after we stopped at the other brand then only we realised that the sugawa guy only did the above demo on the "induction" cooker, because the ceramic cooker will definitely heat up when power is on, and if we put a few piece of papers (instead of one stack) the paper starts burning.

in the end we bought another brand although the price is more expensive then sugawa, both are induction cooker considering we hv kids at home. The initial thot was to replace the gas cooker we hv but our chief chef at home wanna keep the gas cooker as well, so until today we've not taken delivery of the induction cooker we bought coz our wet kitchen too small to accommodate both induction & gas cookers laugh.gif

now still in the process of planning to make place in the dry kitchen instead to place the induction cooker. If you are not in the rush, i can share with you our experience after we use it, but then it could take a while.
Thanks for the info bro.

After read through from the forum, most of the people will put gas stove in wet kitchen (for major cook such as fry stuff) and induction cooker in dry kitchen (for minor cook such as boil water) to accommodate both.

Yup, will be great if you can share with us your experience after using it. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Galaxy Angel: Sep 25 2012, 03:49 PM
+Quote Post
milk~zai
post Nov 2 2012, 07:07 PM

Well....my vees spoil twice within a year...first time they claim tat it was strike by lightning,nvm,we paid rm100 plus...(how come my tv n other ele devices all ok?)second time,I was out station for two weeks,frm the 1st experience I gained, so I unplug it before I out.after two weeks,when I'm bk n plug it in as I wanna cook maggi,at the time I plug in,it spoil again....n charge me for rm180....I was lik WTF...Plus my power point is more nt normal 13A,Bt the big one n directly from main suis box...becos of this I force to tapao for 2 weeks..(their service quite slow too)
+Quote Post
REEN YONG
post Nov 3 2012, 10:48 AM

Getting Started

I am using fortile one side induction and one side gas. Very good. when i want to stir fry is use gas. when i want to boil i use induction. 2 in 1. Safe space and look nice. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
serenaslut
post Apr 3 2013, 03:49 PM

Getting Started

vees is no doubt famous but is so expensive...
I rather bought a cheap RM199 one and can replace it if it broke down
http://mydeal.com.my/affiliate/scripts/cli...ramic-Cooker-KL
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 4 2013, 08:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(serenaslut @ Apr 3 2013, 03:49 PM)
vees is no doubt famous but is so expensive...
I rather bought a cheap RM199 one and can replace it if it broke down
http://mydeal.com.my/affiliate/scripts/cli...ramic-Cooker-KL
Because you not just pay for the unit. You also have to pay for the MLM.

Why you want to buy something from MLM company, while you can get many others good brand cheaper.
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Apr 4 2013, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Are this brand so good?

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 4 2013, 08:37 AM)
Because you not just pay for the unit. You also have to pay for the MLM.

Why you want to buy something from MLM company, while you can get many others good brand cheaper.
+Quote Post
serenaslut
post Apr 5 2013, 11:07 PM

Getting Started

I don't know Vees is MLM really...i tot is just a branded
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 5 2013, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(serenaslut @ Apr 5 2013, 11:07 PM)
I don't know Vees is MLM really...i tot is just a branded
Have you hear and see any vees cooker outside Malaysia? Where does it come from. Why the company call vees marketing SDN. Bhd? Have you google it?
+Quote Post
serenaslut
post Apr 8 2013, 05:03 PM

Getting Started

Thanks for the information.....
+Quote Post
Samantha Toong
post Sep 30 2013, 10:44 PM

QUOTE(godutch @ Sep 25 2012, 09:15 AM)

Hi, so far u started testing on ur induction cooker & which brand u are using at the end?
Thank you.
+Quote Post
Kevin Chan
post Oct 7 2013, 05:02 PM

Regular

I have been using induction for the past 5 years ... no gas stove.

your cooking style need to change when using induction.
1) heating is really fast, you need to really prepared everything before switching it on, gone where you wait for oil to heat up while slowly cutting your garlic.
2) cost more than gas if you cook heavy, aka, breakfast, lunch, dinner also you cook ... very unlikely in KL lifestyle.
3) the thing about the plate don't heat up, remember your pot will heat up and the heat will transfer back to the plate. its HOT after cooking.
4) get induction cookware [kinda expensive], try best to avoid cheap cookware, will be destroy by rapid heat.
5) digital heat means you get hi, mid, low unlike gas where you can have in between.

Comparing induction with gas is like comparing wood fire with gas cooking ... don't bother with it. technology is different, method is different.
same quality can be achieve by using induction as with gas cooking but you do need to change your style, mainly speed. thing get cook much faster.

Induction is not exactly radiation, instead of heating up something to transfer the heat [fire > pot > food], it used the cookware itself as heating [pot > food].

bought mine at RM2100 [5 years back] Zypher (suppose spelling need to be check rclxm9.gif ), zero death up to date.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Oct 7 2013, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I have a gas stove heat up faster than any induction. is called "mui fa lou"

QUOTE(Kevin Chan @ Oct 7 2013, 05:02 PM)
I have been using induction for the past 5 years ... no gas stove. 

your cooking style need to change when using induction.
1) heating is really fast, you need to really prepared everything before switching it on, gone where you wait for oil to heat up while slowly cutting your garlic.
2) cost more than gas if you cook heavy, aka, breakfast, lunch, dinner also you cook ... very unlikely in KL lifestyle.
3) the thing about the plate don't heat up, remember your pot will heat up and the heat will transfer back to the plate. its HOT after cooking.
4) get induction cookware [kinda expensive], try best to avoid cheap cookware, will be destroy by rapid heat.
5) digital heat means you get hi, mid, low unlike gas where you can have in between.

Comparing induction with gas is like comparing wood fire with gas cooking ... don't bother with it. technology is different, method is different.
same quality can be achieve by using induction as with gas cooking but you do need to change your style, mainly speed. thing get cook much faster.

Induction is not exactly radiation, instead of heating up something to transfer the heat [fire > pot > food], it used the cookware itself as heating [pot > food].

bought mine at RM2100 [5 years back] Zypher (suppose spelling need to be check  rclxm9.gif ), zero death up to date.
+Quote Post
santaclaus
post Oct 8 2013, 02:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(weikee @ Oct 7 2013, 05:08 PM)
I have a gas stove heat up faster than any induction. is called "mui fa lou"
u might as well put "tai chau lou" ... ur egg is fried b4 u can blink ... doh.gif

used induction for more than 5 years (pacific) ... to b honest for heavy cooking using gas stove stil the best ...

but i prefer induction coz i dunwan put 2 tong gas in my kitchen ( waste space ) + if run out of gas n ask delivery , im kinda scared coz onli my wife n baby at house , nowadays u cant b too careful ....

after get use to it , its quite good actually , buy those with multiple level heating instead of onli 3 fixed settings ... very convinient especially when boiling water n soups , juz put the timer ...

for boiling water i time with stopwatch for the first time , then after tht i juz set the timer then walla i dun nid to run like crazy fella everytime the kettles blows ,

but 1 thing i dun like is simmering , instead of steady heating , induction goes like heat>stop>heat>stop , making uneven simmering , others like stir fry or deep fry , no prob coz above 1000watts , heating is steady ....

moving to new house next 2 mths , not bringing this hob along but stil gonna buy a new induction ... thumbup.gif

p/s : keep a mobile stove for claypots. claypots simmering meats da best ...

+Quote Post
weikee
post Oct 8 2013, 10:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Oct 8 2013, 02:28 PM)
u might as well put "tai chau lou" ... ur egg is fried b4 u can blink ...  doh.gif

used induction for more than 5 years (pacific) ... to b honest for heavy cooking using gas stove stil the best ...

but i prefer induction coz i dunwan put 2 tong gas in my kitchen ( waste space ) + if run out of gas n ask delivery , im kinda scared coz onli my wife n baby at house , nowadays u cant b too careful ....

after get use to it , its quite good actually , buy those with multiple level heating instead of onli 3 fixed settings ... very convinient especially when boiling water n soups , juz put the timer ...

for boiling water i time with stopwatch for the first time , then after tht i juz set the timer then walla i dun nid to run like crazy fella everytime the kettles blows ,

but 1 thing i dun like is simmering , instead of steady heating , induction goes like heat>stop>heat>stop , making uneven simmering , others like stir fry or deep fry , no prob coz above 1000watts , heating is steady ....

moving to new house next 2 mths , not bringing this hob along but stil gonna buy a new induction ...  thumbup.gif

p/s : keep a mobile stove for claypots. claypots simmering meats da best ...
I got two coke can stove, if you want smile.gif

My mom operate stall, and cook for catering. So playing with high power wok is my expertise too. Very convenient when my wife was confinement, boiling the water was so fast.
+Quote Post
santaclaus
post Oct 9 2013, 10:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(weikee @ Oct 8 2013, 10:49 PM)
I got two coke can stove, if you want smile.gif

My mom operate stall, and cook for catering. So playing with high power wok is my expertise too. Very convenient when my wife was confinement, boiling the water was so fast.
my business deals with these all types burners ... i know them more than any1 here ... those tai chau lou onli suit using outdoor , unless u got an open kitchen , u gonna cook urself up while cooking ur porks ...

and the sound is unbearable to some ppl , they felt it was scary doh.gif

but no doubt the food is better when cook with those high pressure burner .... juz tht i lives in condo , if i got a bungalow , sure make an open kitchen n put these burners .... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
weikee
post Oct 9 2013, 10:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(santaclaus @ Oct 9 2013, 10:04 AM)
my business deals with these all types burners ... i know them more than any1 here ... those tai chau lou onli suit using outdoor , unless u got an open kitchen , u gonna cook urself up while cooking ur porks ...

and the sound is unbearable to some ppl , they felt it was scary  doh.gif

but no doubt the food is better when cook with those high pressure burner .... juz tht i lives in condo , if i got a bungalow , sure make an open kitchen n put these burners ....  thumbup.gif
Can customized to be portable, but cooking need big open area. Can't use hoob, it will melt the hoob.

I also use induction, portable unit. Like you mention, is the best alternative after gas.
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Oct 9 2013, 10:51 PM

Regular

We have been using sugawa. No more buying gas tong and no more gas smell and feel safer. Like the product. Dont like the sales person, poor after sales service and also don't like the company, irresponsible to customers but super friendly to potential customers and everything is possible do to your liking until you paid.

Cable not hot when on two together to the max. Also tested using watt meter, our normal 13A plug can handle.

I added a surge protector since this thing is so expensive.
+Quote Post
*StarGazer*
post Dec 1 2013, 08:43 PM

Getting Started

Hi has anyone tried Vigico 2in1 (induction and ceramic) cooker ? Pls advise. Here's the link - Vigico
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 1 2013, 09:44 PM

Stars For Sale

QUOTE(*StarGazer* @ Dec 1 2013, 08:43 PM)
Hi has anyone tried Vigico 2in1 (induction and ceramic) cooker ? Pls advise. Here's the link - Vigico
Would you buy a Vigico fridge? Or a Vigico car?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
*StarGazer*
post Dec 1 2013, 10:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 1 2013, 09:44 PM)
Would you buy a Vigico fridge? Or a Vigico car?
Hahaha ... ok ok I got u tongue.gif
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 1 2013, 10:27 PM

Stars For Sale

QUOTE(*StarGazer* @ Dec 1 2013, 10:22 PM)
Hahaha ... ok ok I got u  tongue.gif
There are many reputable companies that make these types of hob. It's not like this is some high tech stuff that only comes from one company.

Unless this Vigico is dirt cheap which I think not, I would not touch it just like Vees.

Go look at Teka, Electrolux, Bosch or even Fotile

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 1 2013, 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
*StarGazer*
post Dec 1 2013, 10:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 1 2013, 10:27 PM)
There are many reputable companies that make these types of hob. It's not like this is some high tech stuff that only comes from one company.

Unless this Vigico is dirt cheap which I think not, I would not touch it just like Vees.

Go look at Teka, Electrolux, Bosch or even Fotile
Yes plan to look around first. Still undecided if shd just stick to hob using gas or change to induction type. Thanks idoblu
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 1 2013, 11:05 PM

Stars For Sale

QUOTE(*StarGazer* @ Dec 1 2013, 10:56 PM)
Yes plan to look around first. Still undecided if shd just stick to hob using gas or change to induction type. Thanks idoblu
I'm going induction all the way
Plan to get a Teka IR631
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Dec 1 2013, 11:28 PM

Regular

One question.

Why is the double cooker is so expensive in RM thousands when a single induction or ceramic is only RM100 to RM200?
+Quote Post
*StarGazer*
post Dec 2 2013, 09:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 1 2013, 11:05 PM)
I'm going induction all the way
Plan to get a Teka IR631
Nice one there ... how much roughly ?
btw idoblu is there a specified hood to go with induction cooker or any hood will do ?

This post has been edited by *StarGazer*: Dec 2 2013, 09:25 AM
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 19 2013, 04:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Here my 1st time purchase Vees Hood & Hob. I brought on 30th May 2013 with salesman called Raymond Lee code 300/027 at Balakong branch. When i make deposit i have inform around Aug or Sept or when house ready come installation in my new house. Then he say "OK NO PROBLEM".

When reach Sept this salesman call me asking me pay balance. I asking him why need so fast pay balance since my new house not ready yet? He say my package can't hold already need settle it asap. Then one of the person called Patrick Koh he allow me delivery when my house ready. Ok since he confirm me like this i also won't ask so much.

Yesterday 19th Dec 2013 morning i call to HQ request installation on 28th Dec 2013. 1st the girl pickup the phone saying need check my bill record Balakong branch & told me will call me back. After that i already wait until afternoon no one call me back. Nvm then i call to HQ again. The girl say my bill receipt already pass to customer service & will call me. So i wait until today morning NO one call me. I can feel they simply push here push there.

Today 20th Dec 2013 morning i call to HQ again. She say in charge person today MC told me call back tomorrow. Then i asking her what happen with my order? I just request installation on 28th Dec 2013 only.
The this lady told me call to Patrick Koh. I call him then he say HQ have call him & tomorrow will call me when understand what happen. Even my installation date on 28th Dec 2013 i can feel my order have problem already so i call him around 2pm. He say have discussion with customer later will call me back. Ok nevermind i understand so i wait. Later on 3.56pm i call him back 2 times he didn't pickup my phone.

Tomorrow morning i will go their HQ asking what happen.

My conclusion is those have think wanna purchase Vees product better delivery asap otherwise think twice are this company can trust.

This post has been edited by petlu28: Dec 19 2013, 04:31 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Dec 19 2013, 07:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(petlu28 @ Dec 19 2013, 04:25 PM)
Here my 1st time purchase Vees Hood & Hob. I brought on 30th May 2013 with salesman called Raymond Lee code 300/027 at Balakong branch. When i make deposit i have inform around Aug or Sept or when house ready come installation in my new house. Then he say "OK NO PROBLEM".

When reach Sept this salesman call me asking me pay balance. I asking him why need so fast pay balance since my new house not ready yet? He say my package can't hold already need settle it asap. Then one of the person called Patrick Koh he allow me delivery when my house ready. Ok since he confirm me like this i also won't ask so much.

Yesterday 19th Dec 2013 morning i call to HQ request installation on 28th Dec 2013. 1st the girl pickup the phone saying need check my bill record Balakong branch & told me will call me back. After that i already wait until afternoon no one call me back. Nvm then i call to HQ again. The girl say my bill receipt already pass to customer service & will call me. So i wait until today morning NO one call me. I can feel they simply push here push there.

Today 20th Dec 2013 morning i call to HQ again. She say in charge person today MC told me call back tomorrow. Then i asking her what happen with my order? I just request installation on 28th Dec 2013 only.
The this lady told me call to Patrick Koh. I call him then he say HQ have call him & tomorrow will call me when understand what happen. Even my installation date on 28th Dec 2013 i can feel my order have problem already so i call him around 2pm. He say have discussion with customer later will call me back. Ok nevermind i understand so i wait. Later on 3.56pm i call him back 2 times he didn't pickup my phone.

My conclusion is those have think wanna purchase Vees product better delivery asap otherwise think twice are this company can trust.
bro why u go buy vees. if u get fotile EEG 75201 from me within 1 day can get the stock d smile.gif Moreover it is less than RM 2k
+Quote Post
ozak
post Dec 20 2013, 12:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

This is holiday time lah. Everybody is on leave. Your time is not right.
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Dec 20 2013, 01:58 AM

Regular

Why did you pay deposit? doh.gif Attracted by an irresistible offer?
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Dec 20 2013, 02:14 AM

Regular

You paid 50% of the purchase price, no wonder now they act like master. Never part too much money.

You know where your money gone? Here is the list and what could happened when you paid too much of a deposit:

1. Sales man already got their commission, job done, none of his business.
2. Boss got the balance and if deliver you the good mean your balance might not be enough to pay for the cost.
3. Even if can cover the cost, they prefer to serve or deliver to other customers first who paid little or no deposit.
4. It got nothing to do with the date holiday or not. When there is one customer wants to buy and pay full on delivery they will be too glad to do it on any day. If salesman cant deliver the boss will come. Because this customer still with all the money in his hand is king. Not you who paid deposit and you have to wait cause they now play king.
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 20 2013, 07:48 AM

Stars For Sale

Next fair I go to I must go watch how Vees demo and sell. I always avoided them before.

Now I like to find out what is attracting buyers to their products, just out of curiosity smile.gif

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 20 2013, 07:48 AM
+Quote Post
weikee
post Dec 20 2013, 07:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 20 2013, 07:48 AM)
Next fair I go to I must go watch how Vees demo and sell. I always avoided them before.

Now I like to find out what is attracting buyers to their products, just out of curiosity smile.gif
Beware you may end up buying few smile.gif
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 20 2013, 07:55 AM

Stars For Sale

QUOTE(weikee @ Dec 20 2013, 07:53 AM)
Beware you may end up buying few smile.gif
Lol biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
ozak
post Dec 20 2013, 08:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 20 2013, 07:48 AM)

It is normal for people extract to this kind of saleman sweet talk. You can see a lot of auntie listen 1. This is easy target group as they are no technical knowledge.

I usually walkaway and don't bother their brochure too.
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 20 2013, 09:00 AM

Stars For Sale

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 20 2013, 08:27 AM)
It is normal for people extract to this kind of saleman sweet talk. You can see a lot of auntie listen 1. This is easy target group as they are no technical knowledge.

I usually walkaway and don't bother their brochure too.
I read a lot of men buys it too.

LOL read this -

QUOTE(frankiechoo @ Feb 11 2010, 06:52 PM)
We also have sold about that Induction Cooker around RM 398 ~ RM 698... sweat.gif
but it may kill you when you used it everyday  blink.gif
because its side effect (Radiation) is very very high, that's why Induction Cooker only suitable for steamboat using.

How to know? u try to switch on a radiation survey meter and put on induction cooker then switch on the induction cooker... U will saw that Calculator be garbled  ohmy.gif

Please dun put your handphone on induction cooker... theoretically it may explode.

Radiation Survey Meter:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 20 2013, 09:02 AM
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Dec 20 2013, 09:14 AM

Stars For Sale

these malaysian salesmen dem ingenious. their number one tactic is to scare you.

seers water heater - other brands, you will get electrocuted
cal-lab lightning isolater - other brands, all your appliances will fry
vees - gas cooktops will burn down your house, induction cooktops will kill you with radiation

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
ozak
post Dec 20 2013, 09:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 20 2013, 09:00 AM)
I read a lot of men buys it too.
Wife said, no buy no cook. What can men say. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
heowaihong
post Dec 20 2013, 10:20 AM

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 20 2013, 09:52 AM)
Wife said, no buy no cook. What can men say.  sweat.gif
dun bring cash and credit card whn patroning fair...
+Quote Post
ozak
post Dec 20 2013, 10:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(heowaihong @ Dec 20 2013, 10:20 AM)
dun bring cash and credit card whn patroning fair...
Good idea. Just RM50 in the pocket. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 20 2013, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!

This morning i just going Vees HQ clarify what happen with my order. Can't imagine their salesman will do like this. My Vees salesman called Raymond Lee didn't submit my deposit to HQ no wonder i request delivery they can't give me confirmation.

Now the girl called Y.C. Chan (Senior Executive) mobile number 016 246 6237 promise me will on date delivery to me. This is not my fault. She say like this. I told her can reach my home after lunch.
+Quote Post
sovietmah
post Dec 20 2013, 11:16 AM

Regular

QUOTE(petlu28 @ Dec 20 2013, 10:39 AM)
This morning i just going Vees HQ clarify what happen with my order. Can't imagine their salesman will do like this. My Vees salesman called Raymond Lee didn't submit my deposit to HQ no wonder i request delivery they can't give me confirmation.

Now the girl called Y.C. Chan (Senior Executive) mobile number 016 246 6237 promise me will on date delivery to me. This is not my fault. She say like this. I told her can reach my home after lunch.
Hope you get ur unit.
The sales service already like that, i wonder how's their warranty services.
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 20 2013, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!

This salesman maybe already give customer complaint before if not VEES will not terminate him.

QUOTE(sovietmah @ Dec 20 2013, 11:16 AM)
Hope you get ur unit.
The sales service already like that, i wonder how's their warranty services.
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Dec 20 2013, 12:30 PM

Regular

You believe what they say? All these tayangan only acting and excuses. Not submitting sale mean breach of trust and you think any boss will want to keep such people? Do you think Raymond Lee is such a super sale person the company cannot do without? If you were the boss and when you hear there is a sale and you have no record what you do? You investigate! And not waiting until customer turned up. It is not the sale person but the company getting you go round and round.

Since they are no denying you will get your order but after going circus.

+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 20 2013, 12:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I don't know what wayang there acting. I just want my items delivery on time only.

QUOTE(stevie8 @ Dec 20 2013, 12:30 PM)
You believe what they say? All these tayangan only acting and excuses. Not submitting sale mean breach of trust and you think any boss will want to keep such people? Do you think Raymond Lee is such a super sale person the company cannot do without? If you were the boss and when you hear there is a sale and you have no record what you do? You investigate! And not waiting until customer turned up. It is not the sale person but the company getting you go round and round.

Since they are no denying you will get your order but after going circus.
+Quote Post
ozak
post Dec 20 2013, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(petlu28 @ Dec 20 2013, 12:41 PM)
I don't know what wayang there acting. I just want my items delivery on time only.
For play safe, I think you better take your unit now. And ask them install for you that day.
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 20 2013, 01:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Their term & condition when delivery direct install if not will charge again. Somemore my wiring will connect to DB Box on next Saturday.

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 20 2013, 12:47 PM)
For play safe, I think you better take your unit now. And ask them install for you that day.
This post has been edited by petlu28: Dec 20 2013, 01:12 PM
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Dec 20 2013, 01:18 PM

Regular

U pay them cash? so the raymond lee makan ur $$ already lo. Weird, how could their daily cash tally with sales then?

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Dec 20 2013, 01:22 PM
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 20 2013, 01:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I don't know how they sales person work. I just inform them i want my items delivery on time only. I wait next week if not i will make report to National Consumer Complaints Centre.

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Dec 20 2013, 01:18 PM)
U pay them cash? so the raymond lee makan ur $$ already lo. Weird, how could their daily cash tally with sales then?
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Dec 20 2013, 01:55 PM

Regular

QUOTE(petlu28 @ Dec 20 2013, 01:07 PM)
Their term & condition when delivery direct install if not will charge again. Somemore my wiring will connect to DB Box on next Saturday.
Ok, ok, ok. Now this is what you should do during installation. You play king. Never be slave again and being push around.

Let them install.

Never pay any money, nothing at all, not half, not some or any as yet until you are 100% or 150% satisfied, check and double check. Once you paid you are finished, king no more!

Once they come and complete install, you check and test all function including doing a boiling on both stoves and see if both boil at the same time. Reason: when one boils faster than the other on the same power setting then the other is not working perfectly. If got problem ask them to bring another set but not taking this set back because if they do so they could be just driving half way and turn back with the same set. And also this allows you to compare both set. Reason: They want to get rid of reject sets by other customers. You will see that the set has been opened before your eyes, not in its original packaging. You can check by looking at the wire tie, the brochure and warranty card, the box itself, etc. Also tell them you want unopened set.

Test all your gifts set especially electronics items that are usually sub-standard, cheapo things. Not happy dont pay even one sen. Get them to deliver today or tomorrow and very soon they will deliver as they have not collected your money, otherwise, you will have to self collect and first trip might not get it or get some defective set (again) or you pay some extra money for something else since all set are same (reject/defective sets).

The morale of the story is You must not trust the same person twice. Die die must not pay till all is completed to your satisfaction. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by stevie8: Dec 20 2013, 01:59 PM
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Dec 20 2013, 02:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Ya thanks your advise. I will drop a email or sms to the Senior Executive.

QUOTE(stevie8 @ Dec 20 2013, 01:55 PM)
Ok, ok, ok. Now this is what you should do during installation. You play king. Never be slave again and being push around.

Let them install.

Never pay any money, nothing at all, not half, not some or any as yet until you are 100% or 150% satisfied, check and double check. Once you paid you are finished, king no more!

Once they come and complete install, you check and test all function including doing a boiling on both stoves and see if both boil at the same time. Reason: when one boils faster than the other on the same power setting then the other is not working perfectly. If got problem ask them to bring another set but not taking this set back because if they do so they could be just driving half way and turn back with the same set. And also this allows you to compare both set. Reason: They want to get rid of reject sets by other customers. You will see that the set has been opened before your eyes, not in its original packaging. You can check by looking at the wire tie, the brochure and warranty card, the box itself, etc. Also tell them you want unopened set.

Test all your gifts set especially electronics items that are usually sub-standard, cheapo things. Not happy dont pay even one sen. Get them to deliver today or tomorrow and very soon they will deliver as they have not collected your money, otherwise, you will have to self collect and first trip might not get it or get some defective set (again) or you pay some extra money for something else since all set are same (reject/defective sets).

The morale of the story is You must not trust the same person twice. Die die must not pay till all is completed to your satisfaction. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
i'mceo
post Dec 20 2013, 04:04 PM

i heard they are really good in quality and services after sales.i wish i could have one for my family.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Dec 20 2013, 08:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Not what I heard. So I guess you don't missed the boat.
+Quote Post
stevie8
post Dec 20 2013, 10:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(i'mceo @ Dec 20 2013, 04:04 PM)
i heard they are really good in quality and services after sales.i wish i could have one for my family.
You heard from Vee boss? So sad. Reputation has to be earned, not claimed.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1867sec    1.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:27 PM