post Jul 3 2009, 08:55 PM

Enthusiast
880 posts

hmmm.. can ask uncle G
TSComputerfreak
post Jul 3 2009, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(hueyseng84 @ Jul 3 2009, 09:55 PM)
hmmm.. can ask uncle G
WHo is uncle G? smile.gif
nash9701
post Jul 3 2009, 09:07 PM

looking for a bright future...
1,350 posts

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Typically, the earlier a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

The acronym "SEO" can also refer to "search engine optimizers," a term adopted by an industry of consultants who carry out optimization projects on behalf of clients, and by employees who perform SEO services in-house. Search engine optimizers may offer SEO as a stand-alone service or as a part of a broader marketing campaign. Because effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of a site, SEO tactics may be incorporated into web site development and design. The term "search engine friendly" may be used to describe web site designs, menus, content management systems and shopping carts that are easy to optimize.

Another class of techniques, known as black hat SEO or Spamdexing, use methods such as link farms and keyword stuffing that degrade both the relevance of search results and the user-experience of search engines. Search engines look for sites that employ these techniques in order to remove them from their indices.

(^_____^)
gs20
post Jul 3 2009, 09:10 PM

Regular
1,685 posts

Term for a technique to enhance your website ranking appearing in search engine's search result.
TSComputerfreak
post Jul 3 2009, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(nash9701 @ Jul 3 2009, 10:07 PM)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Typically, the earlier a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

The acronym "SEO" can also refer to "search engine optimizers," a term adopted by an industry of consultants who carry out optimization projects on behalf of clients, and by employees who perform SEO services in-house. Search engine optimizers may offer SEO as a stand-alone service or as a part of a broader marketing campaign. Because effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of a site, SEO tactics may be incorporated into web site development and design. The term "search engine friendly" may be used to describe web site designs, menus, content management systems and shopping carts that are easy to optimize.

Another class of techniques, known as black hat SEO or Spamdexing, use methods such as link farms and keyword stuffing that degrade both the relevance of search results and the user-experience of search engines. Search engines look for sites that employ these techniques in order to remove them from their indices.
(^_____^)
Wow, I really respect ur knowledge on the subject. Thanks a million !!! smile.gif

I hope in future I can learn a lot from you.

Added on July 3, 2009, 9:15 pm
QUOTE(gs20 @ Jul 3 2009, 10:10 PM)
Term for a technique to enhance your website ranking appearing in search engine's search result.
Wow . . Thanks.. smile.gif

I would like to master all the techniques. hehe

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Computerfreak: Jul 3 2009, 09:15 PM
simonheng82
post Jul 4 2009, 12:43 AM

Getting Started
177 posts

I think nash has answered your question? With your question posted, i guess you are a new comer in the blogging world, try to do more research in this forum or any other SEO or website creation forum, dont start it just because you want to start, you wont be success without doing a good research.

Just to answer your question who is uncle G, they are two multi-millionaire who are the owner for GOOGLE.

QUOTE(Computerfreak @ Jul 3 2009, 09:02 PM)
WHo is uncle G?  smile.gif
clementcpteh
post Jul 4 2009, 12:56 AM

Find the business that's right for you.
2,439 posts

QUOTE(simonheng82 @ Jul 4 2009, 12:43 AM)
I think nash has answered your question? With your question posted, i guess you are a new comer in the blogging world, try to do more research in this forum or any other SEO or website creation forum, dont start it just because you want to start, you wont be success without doing a good research.

Just to answer your question who is uncle G, they are two multi-millionaire who are the owner for GOOGLE.
I meet Uncle G before, he was uncle gay, like watch you eat ice cream.
djzen
post Jul 4 2009, 09:18 AM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

LOL..

looks like copy and paste tongue.gif

anyway,.. computerfreaks should know uncle G.. hehe. Google la.
goldseeker
post Jul 4 2009, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

SEO = webmasters' money generator
lifeplayer
post Jul 5 2009, 02:35 PM

Regular
1,374 posts

Dont you know wikipedia?
You can get this kind of answer overthere
kwaytiau
post Dec 5 2011, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

u can do search in any search engine about SEO.

i found this http://www.webprofits.my/website-promotion...ptimization-seo is useful.

thanks
iWill
post Dec 7 2011, 01:33 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

SEO = Super Easy Oh... Just Google it tongue.gif

RobertWilliams07 P
post Apr 24 2020, 03:49 AM

Probation
5 posts

Informative discussion. Thanks all

Change to: