Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to change name on TNB n water bill?

views

celinewei
post Oct 31 2013, 11:04 AM

3 posts

Just went to change the ownership to my name at TNB this morning, I had called the Customer Careline yesterday to double confirm about the Stamp Duty/Setem Hasil, we consumer DO NOT have to pay for stamp duty for AKUJANJI anymore. According to the Careline, they had cancelled it 2 days ago (29th Oct).

But not all the outlets are informed about this, like my case. I went this morning and told the staff exactly what the Careline said but he said don't believe what the Careline said coz they don't know much about this...??!! So i said who should I believe since there are 2 versions of the procedure, so I insist him to find out from their superior and there, the top management confirmed that we don't have to pay stamp duty for AKUNJANJI anymore. But we still have to pay RM10 stamp duty for the change of ownership.

So the steps to change the ownership/name:

1) Prepare a photocopy of your IC and a photocopy of your Sales and Purchase Agreement (only important page like names, unit address and signatures)
2) Go to designated TNB Outlet for your premise (call the Careline if you're not sure where)
3) Obtain the form to change name
4) Fill in on the spot and go to the counter to get number to begin the process
** Do prepare money for the deposit/cagaran, RM10 stamp duty for TNB and RM3 processing fee.

Remember, insist the staff to find out from their superior if they're not aware of this new procedure. Otherwise, they will send you to get the stamp duty and go to LHDN to sealed the stamp duty before you can go back to TNB to change your name.

Hope this help save the trouble of going to TNB TWICE!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:02 AM