Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to calculate the build up (sf)? (Financial)

asiatrader98
post Jun 26 2009, 04:19 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

I am a bit confuse about the calculation of the build up

eg
if it is the 2 or 2.5 sty terrace house
with the same land area: 20 x 70 &
luas lot :130 meter persegi
the build up shall be 130 x 10.764 (in order to get the square feet )= about 1400 sf
so, does it mean 2 or 2.5 sty terrace house also have the 1400 sf build up? or more for 2.5 sty terrace house ? rclxub.gif icon_question.gif
anyone can confirm this ? TQ

This post has been edited by asiatrader98: Jun 26 2009, 04:22 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
@MAN-kun
post Jun 26 2009, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

u hav to understand the term 1st. u must be confused with the term 'built-up area' and 'gross floor area/GFA'.

built up area is the ground area used to construct the building only...
while gross floor area is the whole area of the building (normally excluding external area such as landscape area)
the terms definitions may differ from different consultant (Eg. architect, QS, Engineer, etc). Consultant/QS calculate the value of the building based on the GFA, not the Built-up Area...

the 2.5-storey should have the same built-up area and bigger/higher gross floor area. for me, built up area is not that important. GFA is much more important as u can imagine u will live in an ample space for u & ur family or not.

hope thats help. construction terms confusing me too sometimes smile.gif

This post has been edited by @MAN-kun: Jun 26 2009, 04:45 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
asiatrader98
post Jun 26 2009, 06:43 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(@MAN-kun @ Jun 26 2009, 04:34 PM)
u hav to understand the term 1st. u must be confused with the term 'built-up area' and 'gross floor area/GFA'.

built up area is the ground area used to construct the building only...
while gross floor area is the whole area of the building (normally excluding external area such as landscape area)
the terms definitions may differ from different consultant (Eg. architect, QS, Engineer, etc). Consultant/QS calculate the value of the building based on the GFA, not the Built-up Area...

the 2.5-storey should have the same built-up area and bigger/higher gross floor area. for me, built up area is not that important. GFA is much more important as u can imagine u will live in an ample space for u & ur family or not.

hope thats help. construction terms confusing me too sometimes smile.gif
Thank you! rclxms.gif

I got what u mean tongue.gif

but the geran mukim only show the built up area
and the banker always ask me what is the build up area in order to determine/valuate the value of the property rclxub.gif
so it make no difference either it is 2 storey or 2.5-storey ....in this case, 2.5-storey per sf shall be more higher rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
ed0gawa
post Jun 26 2009, 06:51 PM

coconut

land area = keluasan tanah .. e.g 20 x 70 or 40 by 100 (normally in ft)
build up = keluasan kawasan binaan.... the structure itself.

2.5 storey should have a bigger built up compared with 2 storey (normally)
+Quote Post
@MAN-kun
post Jun 27 2009, 08:46 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(asiatrader98 @ Jun 26 2009, 06:43 PM)
Thank you! rclxms.gif

I got what u mean tongue.gif

but the geran mukim only show the built up area
and the banker always ask me what is the build up area in order to determine/valuate the value of the property rclxub.gif
so it make no difference either it is 2 storey  or 2.5-storey ....in this case, 2.5-storey per sf shall be more higher rclxub.gif
thats why i said that different consultants will have different understanding between built-up area and GFA. i also confused with the property valuer's/banker's understanding on built-up area. always confused. there once i debate with them on this matter but it ended with no conclusion... so i made my own conclusion....built-up area=GFA if u r a consumer/buyer. gao tim, ha3...

in my working life GFA, built-up, land area and other technical terms are different...

This post has been edited by @MAN-kun: Jun 27 2009, 08:48 AM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
asiatrader98
post Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(@MAN-kun @ Jun 27 2009, 08:46 AM)
thats why i said that different consultants will have different understanding between built-up area and GFA. i also confused with the property valuer's/banker's understanding on built-up area. always confused. there once i debate with them on this matter but it ended with no conclusion... so i made my own conclusion....built-up area=GFA if u r a consumer/buyer. gao tim, ha3...

in my working life GFA, built-up, land area and other technical terms are different...
so, when asking banker to estimate the value of the property, shall I give them the GFA or built-up or land area? rclxub.gif
how to calculate the GFA? rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by asiatrader98: Jun 29 2009, 10:27 AM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0626sec    2.91    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 10:54 AM