Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tire discussion thread V1~, come in n discuse about tires~

views

heng84
post Oct 25 2009, 09:06 PM

Casual
307 posts

hello bro and sis, wanna change tire soon... currently using sports contact 1 ... ok ok but noisy..
after helping my mom change primacy lc on her ride.. definitely love it.

can anyone tell me the ride confort and noise between michelling pp2 and ziex ze912 ?? i know handling michelling gonna be much better.. but i wanna know about the comfort and noise if michellin is a little noiser and harsher then i wouldnt mind.. if its alot of difference then i think ill stick to my decision on going for the ziex
and also anyone can recommend me those tire that provide good comfort and noise oso good for ocassional harsh driving thanks beside those two.
heng84
post Oct 26 2009, 09:40 AM

Casual
307 posts

ya i know they are nice tyres.. but if u have used before can let me know hows the noise and comfort of these tyres?
about indonesian tyre... which brand are you refering to?? both of them? thanks
heng84
post Oct 26 2009, 01:13 PM

Casual
307 posts

QUOTE(michael9413 @ Oct 26 2009, 10:28 AM)
yes and that is crazy... expensive...
if you wanna compare PP2 with 912... sorry to say but i have not used 912 b4 coz that is performance level not UHP...
comfort - 912
handling - PP2
Grips - PP2
Quiet - 912
912 sure more comfort as it aim is performance comfort... not like PP2 where is focus more on its handling.. if about handling then PP2 beats 912... because of it's harder sidewall it give you harsher ride but better handling... grips for PP2 in Wet and Dry also will be better than 912 again... PP2 hydroplaning/aquaplaning is one of the best in it's class... but in terms of quietness i still choose 912 coz PP2 will get a lil noisier when it thread wears after 60%...
2 of the tire is in total different categories...
u need better comments and recommendation please give us ur car model, tire size also... then choose... priority... Noise, Handling, Grip, Comfort... 1~4 rank it... there is nothing to perfect but just u can to compromise a bit on certain area...
u can try Hankook V12 if you are using some sizes as it give you similar performance like PP2 but noisier, a lil more toward comfort and the last cheaper...
thanks michael for great information and quick feed back. . well now my satria neo tyre going bald soon, tyre stock 195/50/r16 still undecided whether wanna stick to stock profile or go 205/50 or 205/45 series haha.. does the extra width provide a little more comfort? im not really looking for UHP tyres cos i oredi have falken rt-615 on my weekend ride. this satria is used for daily run and sometimes need to go to construction site. so i need some comfort . my priority 1st is comfort and noise then only performance then only thread wear rating. but since u said the car will get a little noisier when reaching 60% then i think i will stick to 912, but do you know these both tyre thread wear rating at?

Added on October 26, 2009, 1:16 pm
QUOTE(heng84 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:13 PM)
thanks michael for great information and quick feed back. .  well now my satria neo tyre going bald soon, tyre stock 195/50/r16 still undecided whether wanna stick to stock profile or go 205/50 or 205/45 series haha.. does the extra width provide a little more comfort?  im not really looking for UHP tyres cos i oredi have falken rt-615 on my weekend ride. this satria is used for daily run and sometimes need to go to construction site and also some occasional harsh drive. so i need some comfort . my priority 1st is comfort and noise then only performance then only thread wear rating.  but since u said the car will get a little noisier when reaching 60% then i think i will stick to 912, but do you know these both tyre thread wear rating at?
This post has been edited by heng84: Oct 26 2009, 01:16 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0372sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:21 PM