3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DALI - Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries, Speakers Owners Thread

views

gsdev
post Jul 12 2009, 10:39 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

Went to A&L IOI auditioned the DALI Concept 2 and there was no turning back after that. Put down the down payment collecting the speakers tomorrow or Tuesday.
gsdev
post Jul 12 2009, 11:05 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(Barricade @ Jul 12 2009, 10:59 PM)
no offence to dali owners here, i been audition at a&l, the sound is good, but it is one of the ugliest speakers i've ever seen in my life. that already puts me off into purchasing one.
Well you know what they say looks can be deceiving tongue.gif thats why i did not audition them at first. I dont know why at first i thought the same the looks were very old school but slowly they grow on you and the sonic's itself, man they can sing.

Added on July 12, 2009, 11:06 pm
QUOTE(kianwee @ Jul 12 2009, 10:40 PM)
How muchie?  rclxms.gif
Dont think would be good to openly say the price bro especially with my bargaining skills tongue.gif

Added on July 12, 2009, 11:16 pm
QUOTE(dlyz @ Jul 12 2009, 02:52 PM)
I pass by sg wang a&l and to my horor, the sale staff is scratching something on the tweeter of a dali.... is there a special coating on dali tweeters?
Was he cleaning or scratching? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by gsdev: Jul 12 2009, 11:16 PM
gsdev
post Jul 12 2009, 11:43 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

To me the sonics first then the looks guys...
gsdev
post Jul 13 2009, 09:44 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Jul 13 2009, 08:08 AM)
My advise to you is, audition the sound using your own equipment and which you like best. In audio, the key is matching your equipment to the sound you like. There is no such thing as better. The most important thing is matching and your surroundings. Remember that the sound in the audition room will be different from the sound in your own room.

Yep, very good advice
gsdev
post Jul 13 2009, 03:53 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(dlyz @ Jul 13 2009, 02:18 PM)
Why no one use dynaudio? i feel so lonely brows.gif

How much is the cheapest bs in Dali entry line?
The DALI concept 1 and 2...less than 2k.

Looks like I will get my stock tomorrow only. One more day One more day...

This post has been edited by gsdev: Jul 13 2009, 03:57 PM
gsdev
post Jul 14 2009, 01:21 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(robinlim @ Jul 13 2009, 05:21 PM)
ha, i think u shd be the one i saw talking to Rick yesterday evening, right? biggrin.gif
I think so too, maybe you are the one with your friend who came and browsed around.

Added on July 14, 2009, 1:28 pm
QUOTE(butter finger @ Jul 14 2009, 10:17 AM)
I am started to get poison with its ribbon tweeter. C.T. Seong will there be any jaw dropping sale for Dali on KLAV?
KLAV looks like wont be in town then, will miss it. Gooed question will there be like price drop sales for DALI in KLAV?

Added on July 14, 2009, 1:30 pm
QUOTE(gsdev @ Jul 14 2009, 01:21 PM)
I think so too, maybe you are the one with your friend who came and browsed around. Was there yesterday too met Rick and Hong.

Added on July 14, 2009, 1:28 pm

KLAV looks like wont be in town then, will miss it. Gooed question will there be like price drop sales for DALI in KLAV?
This post has been edited by gsdev: Jul 14 2009, 01:30 PM
gsdev
post Jul 14 2009, 03:49 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(eugenengkarmeng @ Jul 14 2009, 02:49 PM)
Buying house???Ada loan..
Buying car???Pun ada loan..
Buying motorcycle?No problem pun ada loan jugak..
Buy speaker??Andy & Liew(A&L) should also provide loan facilities(A&L finance)
Okay or not? thumbup.gif
Eh A&L do provide loan, via credit card installment payment smile.gif
gsdev
post Jul 16 2009, 10:25 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

If not mistaken the set up will have a Tube amp to pair with Dali's in KLIAV.
gsdev
post Jul 17 2009, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Jul 16 2009, 02:37 PM)
This is a little tricky. The lack of power/punch is actually the work of the .1 in a Home Theater system. The Dali Ikon 6.5.1 uses the Dali IkonSub. This sub in my opinion is a compromise for music and home theater. As such, if u r looking for punch/power replace the sub with a Velodyne or SVS. Velodyne's subs are very well suited for movies.
Well said...
gsdev
post Jul 17 2009, 01:11 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(eugenengkarmeng @ Jul 17 2009, 12:44 PM)
aaah..i think YTL ooop arrr VTL tube amp?
Yes, I was told VTL tube amps...
gsdev
post Jul 18 2009, 10:39 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

Yes had finaly set up the speakers and had only less than max 2-3 ours of quality listening. Been very busy and am outstaion from tomorrow for 3-4 weeks.

I will give a detail feed back once back but for now very happy with it. It needs some fine tuning on placements etc. Sound stage big difference compared to the Alpha B's and the details from the Dali's are much better. It is not fair to the compare to the Alpha B since they are smaller book selves. I still love the Alpha B's and will keep them for my surround HT setup in time to come. I have to get used to the DALI's the sound signature has much detail and the textile tweeters are sweat but i have to get used to them. A little bit bright but it has its own charm. During the audition in IOI they sounded better. That's why need to fine tune and possibly placement and some surrounding adjustments also possibly need to break in ...

More to come, in short for now happy i got the concepts...

This post has been edited by gsdev: Jul 18 2009, 10:41 PM
gsdev
post Jul 19 2009, 01:39 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(xrossf1re @ Jul 19 2009, 12:29 AM)
your dali concept 2 price can buy 2.5 piece of alpha b right?
Yeah something like that...My like new Alpha B's are now in the Dali box resting... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by gsdev: Jul 19 2009, 01:39 AM
gsdev
post Jul 19 2009, 04:19 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(C.T. Seong @ Jul 19 2009, 01:22 PM)
Dali, which stands for Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries, later this year will launch their new Mentor Menuet (€479 each) loudspeaker joins the company's highly acclaimed Mentor series and fills the small monitor space for those desiring sound production in a small size. Conceptually, the Mentor Menuet is a compact bass reflex loudspeaker measuring approximately 10 x 6 x 9 inches and includes a 4.5-inch woofer and a 1.1-inch soft dome tweeter. The woofer is air flow optimized to achieve the best possible coupling between the wood fiber cone and the real wood veneer cabinet. Even the woofer cut-out in the cabinet is made larger than normal to optimize openness and dynamic response. The soft dome tweeter is able to start and stop with great speed and precision due to a very low mass of the dome assembly and a powerful motor system (the dome is approximately 30 percent lighter than a comparable standard domes. In addition, the tweeter's magnet within the motor system is made of the strongest neodymium material available. The DALI designed drivers, sturdy binding posts and a high quality crossover is the key to achieving extraordinary performance from such a compact loudspeaker. Frequency response is from 68 Hz to 25 kHz, sensitivity is 86dB/W/m and recommended amplifier power is from 20 to 100 watts.
Looks not bad to me and real wood veneer cabinet thats something. They key factors will always be the price and performance.
gsdev
post Jul 19 2009, 06:54 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(state of abyssmal @ Jul 19 2009, 05:01 PM)
i also think that the concept 6 is lacking, test it out and not so satisfy when use it for movie, but for music it is good  laugh.gif
Music is Our Objective – Technology the MeansDALI speakers are characterized by sublime quality and an engaging sound experience across a wide area in any room.

A key contributing factor to DALI’s superiority is exclusive DALI driver units designed from scratch by our engineers in close collaboration with experts from the world’s leading driver manufacturers. With our unique driver technologies we are able to design and build speaker systems that makes it possible for listeners to hear their favorite music exactly as the artists intended. It gives us great satisfaction to breathe life into recorded music and create a credible illusion of “being there” – in tribute to the performers and out of respect for the audience.

However, creating that great authentic DALI sound demands so much more than a passion for music. Constant research in the acoustic sciences, development of new technologies and empowerment of our employees as well as monitoring customer feedback is our recipe. Our commitment to excellence and honest reproduction shines through in every DALI loudspeaker.

In Admiration of Music

I beleive the about explains it all, the main focus from DALI is on Music... biggrin.gif
gsdev
post Aug 1 2009, 11:28 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

Ayo go audition the concept first before saying cheap things not good. Cheap concept is not so cheap lah it costs much more than image series from PSB. I did this and ended up with the Concept but had to pay more from the pocket
gsdev
post Aug 6 2009, 01:13 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Aug 5 2009, 11:10 PM)
Are you hearing boominess even without the sub? If yes, then you are getting some serious reflections from your seating position. Is the Concept front ported or rear ported?

Are you open to moving the speakers around?
Concept series should be front ported...
gsdev
post Aug 6 2009, 03:36 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Aug 6 2009, 01:42 PM)
gsdev, said that it is front ported. Then I would suggest to move a little closer to the wall, that will reduce the bass and increase the treble a little.
Attched picture of concept 8...

Extract from Dali web site

"The bass of my speakers sounds boomy - what is wrong? "

The acoustics of your listening room has a huge impact on the performance of your music system, particularly the position of the speakers and the listening position is heavily affected. If the speakers are positioned close to a corner or a rear wall, the bass will often be accentuated.
Moving the speakers away from a corner or a rear wall will typically make the bass more precise. If your listening position is close to a wall the bass level will typically also be increased.
Moving the listening position away from the wall will typically attenuate the bass level.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
gsdev
post Aug 6 2009, 03:42 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(C.T. Seong @ Aug 6 2009, 03:39 PM)
I think his setup sounds boomy cause by the reflection (room empty).
smile.gif
Most probably...best he should post some pictures of his setup and the room.
gsdev
post Aug 6 2009, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(Docan @ Aug 6 2009, 01:18 PM)
Thanks Seong for the 2 articles. Where you get it from?

Er, what is back ported and front ported? Me only plug and play guy.

Moved the sub forward from the wall and not so bsy butstill boomy. Must be the reverberation. Now how to tame that?
Your Bass reflex ports, in the concept series they are in the front. That hole at the bottom of the concept 8...
gsdev
post Aug 7 2009, 11:11 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(C.T. Seong @ Aug 6 2009, 11:05 PM)
Useful tool to share with you guys,

Speaker placement calculator by George Cardas.

Hope this help smile.gif

http://www.cardas.com/speaker_placement.php
rclxub.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:58 PM