Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to use Amazon Kindle 2 in Malaysia, The What, the Where, the Hows

views

juwels
post Jan 3 2014, 08:07 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(ISFJ @ Jan 3 2014, 05:55 PM)
May I ask what kind of credit card did you use for your purchases? Also, what is the billing address that you included in your Amazon account? Did you buy books directly from your Kindle, or from your computer?
Hsbc Visa. I put a random Starbucks address as my home address tongue.gif

Bought from kindle and from PC. I put my credit card as one click.
ISFJ
post Jan 3 2014, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(juwels @ Jan 3 2014, 08:07 PM)
Hsbc Visa. I put a random Starbucks address as my home address tongue.gif

Bought from kindle and from PC. I put my credit card as one click.
You're so lucky! Maybe I should do the same and see if it works. Thank you very much!
ISFJ
post Jan 4 2014, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

I changed my billing address on my Kindle but am still unable to buy free e-books from Amazon. May I ask if I were to change my Amazon account will my existing Kindle books be still available? Also, if I were to go low profile for a while will I still be able to continue buying e-books from Amazon after, say, 2 months?
JohnJon82
post Jan 4 2014, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

QUOTE(ISFJ @ Jan 3 2014, 05:02 PM)
Does getting free books on Amazon consider as buying books? If I were to ignore the e-mail, will they suspend my existing Amazon account used for my Kindle?
I don't know what the deal between Amazon with the publishers. Amazon is not supposed to sell those ebooks and their kindle officially in Malaysia, so they come out this system checking people buying it. Free books from Project Gutenberg maybe ok, but others maybe got copyright issues.

I read in other forum people there suggesting this. Once caught they go low profile then continue again after a while, never hear any account is blocked or deleted so far. Using VPN and gift voucher make it harder for them to track you by IP address. Whenever I buy books I use this method, nothing happen so far, just to be safe. Some buy direct for years yet never kena, some buy one time then receive the email, depend on luck one.
ISFJ
post Jan 5 2014, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(JohnJon82 @ Jan 4 2014, 02:35 PM)
I don't know what the deal between Amazon with the publishers. Amazon is not supposed to sell those ebooks and their kindle officially in Malaysia, so they come out this system checking people buying it. Free books from Project Gutenberg maybe ok, but others maybe got copyright issues.

I read in other forum people there suggesting this. Once caught they go low profile then continue again after a while, never hear any account is blocked or deleted so far. Using VPN and gift voucher make it harder for them to track you by IP address. Whenever I buy books I use this method, nothing happen so far, just to be safe. Some buy direct for years yet never kena, some buy one time then receive the email, depend on luck one.
Hmmm looks like I should keep my profile low for a while, but my mistake was I had been trying to buy free books a few days ago on Amazon after receiving the e-mail from them, just to test to see if I could still buy e-books. Means I went high profile before going low profile again. Not sure if my going low profile this time would help...
ISFJ
post Jan 17 2014, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(ISFJ @ Jan 5 2014, 01:07 PM)
Hmmm looks like I should keep my profile low for a while, but my mistake was I had been trying to buy free books a few days ago on Amazon after receiving the e-mail from them, just to test to see if I could still buy e-books. Means I went high profile before going low profile again. Not sure if my going low profile this time would help...
The going-low-profile trick worked. Also the IP shield software trick. Able to buy more books on Amazon now smile.gif Reading my 5th book for the year because reading on a Kindle is very convenient!
JohnJon82
post Jan 19 2014, 09:30 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

QUOTE(ISFJ @ Jan 17 2014, 11:17 PM)
The going-low-profile trick worked. Also the IP shield software trick. Able to buy more books on Amazon now  smile.gif  Reading my 5th book for the year because reading on a Kindle is very convenient!
I use it mostly when travelling. Waiting for airline to allow ebook reader to be turn on during take off and landing drool.gif .
ISFJ
post Apr 15 2016, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

Been able to buy e-books on Amazon for my Kindle via VPN for 2 years but today I was prompted with the following message upon login:

"Important Message!
We haven't seen you using this device before. To help protect your account, we just want to make sure it's really you."

I was prompted to enter my 10-digit phone number to which I have forgotten (entered a fake US number along with a fake address just for my Kindle purchases).

May I know if any one of you has encountered the same problem before? Really do not want to have my account suspended as I need to use my Kindle with it.

11 Pages « < 9 10 11Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:45 AM