Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A bit of problem after installing FICD, Pls help

views

the_catacombs
post Jun 3 2009, 03:31 AM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

whats ur initial motive for installing the ficd??..

did u adjust the allen key screw at ur ficd to ur preferred idle rpm??..

is ur ficd hose connection is correct??
the_catacombs
post Jun 3 2009, 03:14 PM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

ficd should be connected this way

user posted image
the_catacombs
post Jun 4 2009, 01:45 AM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

QUOTE(kayef @ Jun 3 2009, 03:56 PM)
Yes, mine is connected exactly that way.

After installing, these are the effects:-

- Idling very stable when aircond on and off during standstill (RPM is set to 1k)
- RPM drops to 1500 and not 1000 when changing gears (during driving and pressing clutch but after few seconds it slowly drops to 1000)
- Can feel slight drag when aircond on (during driving, not jerk, jus slight drag, before this don't have)
- Lights blink a bit when aircond compressor on during standstill (previously don't have)
So any other way to troubleshoot?
assuming ur ficd unit is not faulty, rpm doesnt drop to 1k immediately is normal... its some sort like a safety feature avoiding ur rpm plunge too much and stall ur engine... fuel injection cars without speed sensor signal into ecu will experience plunge in rpm when let go accelerator...

if all the above problems didnt happen before u fixed ur ficd, i suspect ficd problem... could either be leaking or so....

another old skool method of checking is reverse engineering... remove the ficd and see if the problems still persist or not...
the_catacombs
post Jun 4 2009, 04:20 AM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

QUOTE(kayef @ Jun 4 2009, 02:55 AM)
Before this, my rpm will plunge to 1000 when compressor off or 700+ when compressor on, nothing less than that.

How to check if the FICD is leaking?From the engine bay, I can hear a bit of sucking/blowing sound when the FICD is on but cant really feel if there is any leak.

I need to get the original hose to remove the FICD coz the mechanic cut the hose when installing it. You know where to get it and what is the size?

Thanks
its normal got sucking sound... ficd is jz a solenoid valve activated by electricity... it allows extra air directly into ur engine to bring up the idle rpm... if too much air leaked in, ur rpm will fluctuates up and down... advantage of using toyota ficd is u can control the amount of air leaked in, hence controlling the aircond on idle rpm...

to check if ur ficd leaking or not, remove the hose connected to ur ram pipe (hose F) and close it with ur finger... switch off ur aircond... close and open the hose F with ur finger and check if any changes in ur idle rpm... without electric signal from ur compressor, the valve should be fully shut... if there is leak in the valve/ficd, ur idle will increase a little....

the hose can be bought from any sparepart shop... ask for fuel hose... there are a few measurement available, either one should be applicable coz its flexible....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:42 PM