Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), Nice Anime!

views

TSMiyako
post Jun 2 2009, 01:11 PM, updated 15y ago

18 posts

Plot-
In a manor house on the outskirts of Victorian era London, butler Sebastian Michaelis serves Ciel Phantomhive, the twelve-year-old head of an English noble family as well as a toy and candy empire. Sebastian carries out any task required by his master and solves the problems plaguing England with ease and perfections because of his demonic lineage and Faustian contract with his master.

Characters

Main article: List of Kuroshitsuji characters
Sebastian Michaelis (セバスチャン・ミカエリス Sebasuchan Mikaerisu?) is the series' protagonist. He is the butler of the Phantomhive household and Ciel's bodyguard, two jobs he is completely devoted to. He is highly skilled in any area and handles every task, no matter how impossible it is, as well as any problem that arises from the errors of the other staff with ease, stating it is only natural as the butler to the Phantomhive family. This is due to the fact he is a demon bound by a "contract" to abide by Ciel's will. A sign similar to the one marking Ciel's right eye can be found on his left hand. The name Sebastian is in fact a temporary name given to him by Ciel and previously held by Ciel's dog. He is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa on the first drama CD and Daisuke Ono in the anime adaption and on the second drama CD. His name is similar to that of Father Sebastien Michaelis, who compiled a hierarchy of demons in Hell. In the anime adaption, Sebastian can be seen in the form of a crow.

Ciel Phantomhive (シエル・ファントムハイヴ Shieru Fantomuhaivu?) is the business-savvy, twelve-year-old head of the English Phantomhive noble family, taking over after the deaths of his parents. He also runs a company that manufactures toys and sweets. His right eye, which is usually covered with a black eyepatch, bears a pentacle sign of contract which binds the demon Sebastian Michaelis to his will. He also has a symbol burned into his back during the time he was traded around as a slave before Sebastien saved him, which is something he does not like for others to see. It is suggested that he ultimately looks at Sebastian as a knight, like in a chess game. He is close to his cousin and fiancée Elizabeth, seeing her as an important friend and someone he needs to protect. Although he is usually portrayed as emotionless, it is revealed that he does not want to lose anything important to him again. Ciel once owned a dog named Sebastian, but lost him along with his parents in a fire. He is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro on the first drama CD and Maaya Sakamoto in the anime adaption and on the second drama CD.

Anyone watched this anime? Which is your favourite butler? xP
I've just finished watching it and it's really nice! thumbup.gif Attached Image
ultimaweaponx
post Jun 2 2009, 07:19 PM

Casual
359 posts

I am actually surprised that no one open a thread about this anime yet.... or maybe this is for fujoshi show

way to go
mochachoke
post Jun 3 2009, 12:05 PM

Viva la Vida Intervention
766 posts

yeah wazzup.......i love gothic styled anime.......cheers....tongue.gif
rainy~days
post Jun 3 2009, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

this anime so so only, nothing too special about it.

try pandora heart

silencio87
post Jun 3 2009, 10:16 PM

" Freedom is From Within"
1,546 posts

this anime is ok..at first i thought the master was a girl tongue.gif but it turns out,it was a He tongue.gif Gosh,sometimes,those long hair guys + big eyes can really be deceiving tongue.gif

mochachoke
post Jun 4 2009, 10:03 PM

Viva la Vida Intervention
766 posts

sometimes it look like shounen-AI.......ei yuuuuuu
rikimtasu
post Jun 4 2009, 11:31 PM

Tired...
760 posts

QUOTE(ultimaweaponx @ Jun 2 2009, 07:19 PM)
I am actually surprised that no one open a thread about this anime yet.... or maybe this is for fujoshi show

way to go
For so long.Manga is better,with setting fixed in anime ver.(Handphone,GBA games in manga ver,other stuff in anime ver.)

Some facts:
1.Ciel Phantomhive is aslo the same voice actor of Shiki Ryogi from Kara no Kyokai.

2.This anime is kind of combining shonen anime story and shojo design.

3.I like the fact the Sebastian loves cats.

4.Daisuke Ono FTW!
TSMiyako
post Jun 8 2009, 01:12 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(rainy~days @ Jun 3 2009, 02:14 PM)
this anime so so only, nothing too special about it.

try pandora heart
Oh, I see. I've heard of pandora heart before.. Hmmm will try to watch it thumbup.gif
Thanks ya.

QUOTE(silencio87 @ Jun 3 2009, 10:16 PM)
this anime is ok..at first i thought the master was a girl tongue.gif but it turns out,it was a He tongue.gif Gosh,sometimes,those long hair guys + big eyes can really be deceiving tongue.gif
Yeah~ the master is so beautiful~ LOL
sweetsacrificex
post Jun 9 2009, 11:36 PM

8 posts

i <3 kuroshitsuji ^_____^

ciel is so cute XD
haha
alex李_くn
post Jun 10 2009, 02:09 AM

0 posts

pandora heart manga is wayyyyyy..... better than the anime, the anime quality is a bit low, i still continue watching it though..
gukichan
post Jun 10 2009, 11:18 AM

4 posts

Kuroshit (As I call it in a good way cos I geeet verrry lazy) manga verse i like it. But when it came to the anime...it was good...then it got veeerrry rebundant. X___X literally a Fujoshi thing going on...

~__~ Grell is forever the most awesome dude in the series..heh
Ensu7
post Aug 17 2009, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(gukichan @ Jun 10 2009, 11:18 AM)
Kuroshit (As I call it in a good way cos I geeet verrry lazy) manga verse i like it. But when it came to the anime...it was good...then it got veeerrry rebundant. X___X literally a Fujoshi thing going on...

~__~ Grell is forever the most awesome dude in the series..heh
laugh.gif Good one, gukichan!

Im currently reading the manga. In one AMV I saw at youtube, there's a were-dog by the name Pluto, I think. Is he an anime-only character?
map
post Aug 20 2009, 09:47 AM

Moonlight Healing Escalation!
675 posts

aw man i want to watch more episodes but finish already sad.gif

i'm so annoyed that they didn't show the butler eating the *spoiler* !

there's a second season of kurshitsuji, i hope they don't add in new characters and totally deviate from the manga unsure.gif

ensu7, yup looks like the culprit in the anime and manga is different. there's an angel character in the anime.

This post has been edited by map: Aug 20 2009, 09:48 AM
Ensu7
post Aug 21 2009, 03:13 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Hehe, I dont mind interesting new charas, like Homura-tachi from Saiyuki. But I really dislike fillers, especially if its long, pointless and pretty much annoying. Which is how my good friends describe Naruto anime. laugh.gif
sakuradesune
post Aug 21 2009, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

second season!? thats nice! looking forward to it. yeah fillers are annoying!
Stormy001_M1A2
post Aug 21 2009, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

a reason why no regulars touching this is because it is bishie anime. kekekekkee
flame13th
post Aug 21 2009, 09:35 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Stormy001_M1A2 @ Aug 21 2009, 09:28 PM)
a reason why no regulars touching this is because it is bishie anime. kekekekkee
I seconded that notion.

rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
shimon
post Aug 31 2009, 01:28 AM

Casual
341 posts

its manga is good but anime kinda have many fillers...typical
ezzeddin
post Aug 8 2011, 11:57 AM

0 posts

at last found bb thread..me & wife already collected nendroids sebastian, ciel & euro house set for nendroids..later i will upload the pic to share..

user posted image
Ciel & Sebastian by jepangotaku, on Flickr

This post has been edited by ezzeddin: Aug 8 2011, 04:08 PM
kenjixx
post Mar 25 2014, 11:34 AM

my home hero
741 posts

user posted image
http://www.kuroshitsuji.tv/news/#29855
kuroshitsuji circus arc blush.gif

PV

This post has been edited by kenjixx: Apr 4 2014, 04:09 PM