Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New Zealand, Attractions, hotels & General (Travel)

voyage23
post Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(raist86 @ Aug 14 2017, 08:07 AM)
As for Auckland, since you have a day there, why not head to Devonport to check it out. Interesting suburb just across auckland and you can go there by ferry or drive. There's some really nice bakery cafe there for brunch.

Edited: Typo.. i was thinking Devonport, typed Hamilton instead.. haha

alternatively you can still do a day trip to Matamata for Hobbiton and stop at Hamilton on your way back for dinner. Interesting town to explore also.
Hi there. If I am arriving in Auckland at 425pm, and leaving Auckland to CHC at 820am next morning. Is there anything that I can do at all? Is Devonport still possible? It is better for me to stay in hotel near Auckland Airport as well right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
raist86
post Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(voyage23 @ Aug 16 2017, 11:42 AM)
Hi there. If I am arriving in Auckland at 425pm, and leaving Auckland to CHC at 820am next morning. Is there anything that I can do at all? Is Devonport still possible? It is better for me to stay in hotel near Auckland Airport as well right?
Your arrival time after getting your bags and immigration will be around 5.30pm. better to just stay nearby to airport and rest for your next day journey. It's quite a distance from airport to downtown. Just grab a dinner and put up a night near the airport.

+Quote Post
puppyee
post Yesterday, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(penangkiwi29 @ Aug 7 2017, 06:24 PM)
It varies depending on where you are, best to trust the NZ Govt Metservice website:

Metservicehttp://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/auckland/auckland-central

Select your town, then scrolldown to PAST WEATHER =>> HISTORICAL DATA, it gives you the TEMP & RAINFALL. Auckland averages 18 - 20C in Oct.
Ahh, thanks for the info!

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Aug 8 2017, 07:28 PM)
Depends where you're headed to in NZ as well. Auckland will definitely be warmer than say, invercargill. Be prepared for rain, always. And bring sunblock and sunglasses.

Thanks for the tip!

This post has been edited by puppyee: Yesterday, 04:51 PM
+Quote Post
munkeyflo
post Today, 05:35 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(voyage23 @ Aug 16 2017, 11:42 AM)
Not exactly. Airport is in the south of Auckland, Devonport is in the north of Auckland. You have to be at the airport at 6.30am in the morning. So definitely no exploring before that.

You'll arrive 4.25pm, but customs and immigration will take another 1-1.5 hours or so. By the time you are out, the sky would be dark already (if you are arriving these few days). If you are arriving in the summer months, the sky will still be bright, but it'll take a long time for you to travel directly from airport to Devonport, peak hours traffic is very bad here you know. If it's dark, there's no point going to Devonport.

I guess what you can do is, check in at a hotel nearby the airport and then find your way to Auckland CBD for dinner. There's not much in city at night as most shops will be close by 6pm but you can have a look at how the city looks like, find some nice place to spend money on food and drinks. Then uber your way back to hotel to rest for the night. But if I were you, I would just stay nearby airport and rest. 12 hour flight no joke for me. laugh.gif
+Quote Post

93 Pages « < 91 92 93Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0796sec    3.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 11:14 PM