33 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Koh Lipe, Thailand

views

AlphaOmega001
post May 6 2015, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

Hello, planning to go there in next few weeks. May I know how much it costs to travel from langkawi to koh lipe? And how frequent do they travel between these 2?

Planning to stay in San pita resort
tangtang22
post May 7 2015, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(AlphaOmega001 @ May 6 2015, 11:42 PM)
Hello, planning to go there in next few weeks. May I know how much it costs to travel from langkawi to koh lipe? And how frequent do they travel between these 2?

boat ride is bout RM110 per trip if u buy online. heard that ppl managed to buy it slightly cheaper from the agents in the ko lipe island.

There is daily trip, but not sure if they are still plying that route in two weeks time as the ferry is seasonal.

zeese
post May 7 2015, 02:34 PM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(AlphaOmega001 @ May 6 2015, 11:42 PM)

right now, it is entering a low season already... some hotels will start to close down near end of June, until end of the year..
AlphaOmega001
post May 7 2015, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

Thank you for the information
chinkw1
post May 18 2015, 03:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,965 posts

gaeria84,

We are planning 4d3n in Ko Lipe.

Any suggestions for itinearary there especially got 2 full days there ?

Day 1 - we arrive Koh Lipe around 5pm, go jalan jalan at Walking Street.

Day 2 - full day island hopping and snorkling

Day 3 - ?? Any recommendations??

Day 4 - Balik KL.

This post has been edited by chinkw1: May 18 2015, 05:16 PM
gaeria84
post May 19 2015, 12:21 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(chinkw1 @ May 18 2015, 03:42 PM)
gaeria84,

We are planning 4d3n in Ko Lipe.

Any suggestions for itinearary there especially got 2 full days there ?

Day 1 - we arrive Koh Lipe around 5pm, go jalan jalan at Walking Street.

Day 2 - full day island hopping and snorkling

Day 3 - ?? Any recommendations??

Day 4 - Balik KL.
Got a few full day snorkeling packages u can take if u not sure what to do for day 3. Maybe can charter a longtail for half day, take u to koh adang, perhaps can explore there
kopiPeng
post May 19 2015, 08:45 PM

★ Xiaomi VIP ★
2,548 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ May 5 2015, 09:21 AM)
I just came back from Koh Lipe.. I stayed at Sealon Bungalow, then on 2nd night, stayed at Gipsy resort..  Here's my review..

Sealon bungalow is like kampung's wooden house. The toilet was also bad. It's floor was made of bare cement, no tiles... Water pressure was low.. It's located at pattaya beach. At night, pattaya beach is alive because there're many restaurants and bar along the beach, and the Walking Street also starts from this beach.

Then, I moved to Gipsy resort. Much much cheaper than sealon bungalow. I chose concrete bungalow. The bungalow is much nicer and beautiful and the toilet was nice, beautiful and modern looking. Water pressure was great. However, the beach 'died' at night. There's no restaurants/bar that open at night, along the sunrise beach (but I didn't check till the very end of the beach).  Most of the buildings were resorts that facing the sea. The resort/restaurant along side the beach were near to sea water. It's like the water is 20 meters from your door.  The water at this sunrise beach is much much clearer than the one on the pattaya beach. I can see more 'mat salleh' at this beach than pattaya beach.

although the island is small, walking on the island is not as easy, because it's actually not that small.. When I walked from Sealon bungalow to the walking street along the beach, it was a very tiring walk (for young and unmarried people, this may not an issue).

I went there during peak hour. All hotels on that island were fully book. However, there were no crowd along the beach.. basically, you can swim with peace.. It was not crowded at all.. Good for relaxing..
hello, thanks for your review.

May I know which month u went? As far as I know May is Green season??

Are you taking speed boat from Langkawi to kohlipe? or from Hat yai?? Please advise.

I'm planning to there by this year smile.gif
zeese
post May 20 2015, 09:38 AM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(kopiPeng @ May 19 2015, 08:45 PM)
hello, thanks for your review.

May I know which month u went? As far as I know May is Green season??

Are you taking speed boat from Langkawi to kohlipe? or from Hat yai?? Please advise.

I'm planning to there by this year smile.gif
I went during 1 may, which is a labour day for malaysia & thailand. Basically, all hotels were full at that time. It was a peak season. But the beach still looks empty. Based on my research before, end of year until end of April is considered peak seasons. May onwards, the hotel will start charge fees at lower rates already.

I'm driving from to Pak Bara, and took a ferry from there. Reason? because ferry from langkawi takes 2.5 hours while ferry from Pak Bara takes 1++ hour only. I got senior citizens with me who can't sit too long in a ferry. That's why I took ferry from Pak Bara. Driving from Wang Kelian imigration to Pak Bara took half an hour only.
But imiggration clearance takes 1 to 2 hours. At Pak Bara, the parking is not an issue. There're many thailand people looking/fighting to get customers to park at their parking premises. The place that I parked my car even got cctv at the entrance.

If you take ferry from langkawi, I guess the imiggration procedure should be easier. No need to queue too long, but i heard, the frequency is lesser.

The locals there mostly more fluent in malay & thai language.. rather than english..

This post has been edited by zeese: May 20 2015, 09:43 AM
kopiPeng
post May 20 2015, 11:19 AM

★ Xiaomi VIP ★
2,548 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ May 20 2015, 09:38 AM)
I went during 1 may, which is a labour day for malaysia & thailand. Basically, all hotels were full at that time. It was a peak season. But the beach still looks empty. Based on my research before, end of year until end of April is considered peak seasons. May onwards, the hotel will start charge fees at lower rates already.

I'm driving from to Pak Bara, and took a ferry from there. Reason? because ferry from langkawi takes 2.5 hours while ferry from Pak Bara takes 1++ hour only. I got senior citizens with me who can't sit too long in a ferry. That's why I took ferry from Pak Bara.  Driving from Wang Kelian imigration to Pak Bara took half an hour only.
But imiggration clearance takes 1 to 2 hours.  At Pak Bara, the parking is not an issue. There're many thailand people looking/fighting to get customers to park at their parking premises. The place that I parked my car even got cctv at the entrance.

If you take ferry from langkawi, I guess the imiggration procedure should be easier. No need to queue too long, but i heard, the frequency is lesser.
The locals there mostly more fluent in malay & thai language.. rather than english..
Thanks for your reply bro!

Aww.. din't know its still peak during 1 May..else I will go last few weeks also.

I think I will either go from Langkawi or Hatyai because is more convenient for me..

But boat from Langkawi to kohlipe cost RM250+- 2 ways. more expensive than my air ticks. sad.gif

So how was the water there? Izit crystal clear?

This post has been edited by kopiPeng: May 20 2015, 11:19 AM
zeese
post May 20 2015, 12:44 PM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(kopiPeng @ May 20 2015, 11:19 AM)
Thanks for your reply bro!

Aww.. din't know its still peak during 1 May..else I will go last few weeks also.

I think I will either go from Langkawi or Hatyai because is more convenient for me..

But boat from Langkawi to kohlipe cost RM250+- 2 ways. more expensive than my air ticks. sad.gif

So how was the water there? Izit crystal clear?
From hatyai, they'll take you to Pak Bara by bus or van anyway. Btw, My speedboat from pak bara is RM100 return. This is speedboat not ferry. Ferry will be much slower, probably cheaper a bit.

The water by the beach is as clear as swimming pool. This pic is at sunrise beach.

user posted image

This post has been edited by zeese: May 20 2015, 12:50 PM
vincentwmh
post May 20 2015, 01:31 PM

Casual
476 posts

two things i like koh lipe>>

can just snokel by the beach (only sunrise beach);
no shopping here!! only eat, drink & sleep. if it rains>> lagi best, the dark clouds, wind, sound of it

This post has been edited by vincentwmh: May 20 2015, 01:34 PM
frequency
post May 26 2015, 09:52 AM

我要挑战十个!
2,552 posts

June is a good season to go Koh Lipe?

This post has been edited by frequency: May 26 2015, 09:52 AM
zeese
post May 26 2015, 11:53 AM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(frequency @ May 26 2015, 09:52 AM)
June is a good season to go Koh Lipe?
June should be ok... on the internet, it says the best weather (which is also a peak season) is from january to march..
artakus01
post Jun 28 2015, 09:18 AM

23 posts

Hi guys, i'll be going to koh lipe this october.
Is there any other speedboat/ferry from langkawi to koh lipe we can take other than telaga harbour? The price is kinda expensive
. Huhu..
artakus01
post Jun 28 2015, 09:19 AM

23 posts

Is there any other speedboat/ferry from langkawi to koh lipe we can take other than telaga harbour? The price is kinda expensive
. Huhu..
kopiPeng
post Jun 28 2015, 04:48 PM

★ Xiaomi VIP ★
2,548 posts

QUOTE(artakus01 @ Jun 28 2015, 09:18 AM)
. Huhu..
two way ferry should be around RM200. standard price.
aobk84
post Jul 5 2015, 10:38 PM

Casual
406 posts

Is Koh Lipe near to Pattaya? Or the Pattaya beach mentioned online is another kind of Pattaya area ?
zeese
post Jul 6 2015, 01:05 PM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(aobk84 @ Jul 5 2015, 10:38 PM)
Is Koh Lipe near to Pattaya? Or the Pattaya beach mentioned online is another kind of Pattaya area ?
They are on different part of thailand.. pattaya and pattaya beach is on the right side of thailand (gulf of thailand).. and ko lipe is on the left side of thailand (andaman sea) and they are very far apart..
aobk84
post Jul 6 2015, 04:39 PM

Casual
406 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Jul 6 2015, 01:05 PM)
They are on different part of thailand.. pattaya and pattaya beach is on the right side of thailand (gulf of thailand).. and ko lipe is on the left side of thailand (andaman sea) and they are very far apart..
Fastest way to reach Koh Lipe from KL? Use AA to Surat Thani?
zeese
post Jul 6 2015, 05:16 PM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(aobk84 @ Jul 6 2015, 04:39 PM)
Fastest way to reach Koh Lipe from KL? Use AA to Surat Thani?
Most malaysian takes AA flight to hatyai. At hatyai, you can buy tour package from there, which includes transportation from hatyai to pak bara, and ferry ticket from pak bara to koh lipe...

33 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:22 PM