324 posts

i'm buying a 2 seater kayak and u're sitting in front of me
TSdare_black
post May 25 2009, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ May 25 2009, 04:13 PM)
Ya-lah...Hailam Kopitiam again... smile.gif

@lousai..Nice shot there but if can zoom in better....Yeah one fine day..probably driving till Satun & park my car at Pak Barra  hmm.gif ....For buntutman..yeah he will paddle there...
ya...seems the best plan at the moment is to drive and part at Pak Barra....however...is it safe to park there? tongue.gif
if this plan fail...i might just fly to bali with air asia package...... sweat.gif
stimix
post May 25 2009, 04:52 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Well, park at your own risk...I told the same in Langkawi thread & someone offended wth me.. biggrin.gif

The same questions again & again is parking at Kuala Kedah safe? How about parking at Merang (Redang), Kuala Besut (Perhentian), Marang (Kapas) or even Lumut (Pangkor)....the answer same- saja-lah park at your won risk smile.gif
QUOTE(dare_black @ May 25 2009, 04:40 PM)
ya...seems the best plan at the moment is to drive and part at Pak Barra....however...is it safe to park there?  tongue.gif
if this plan fail...i might just fly to bali with air asia package...... sweat.gif
TSdare_black
post May 25 2009, 08:52 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ May 25 2009, 04:52 PM)
Well, park at your own risk...I told the same in Langkawi thread & someone offended wth me.. biggrin.gif

The same questions again & again is parking at Kuala Kedah safe? How about parking at Merang (Redang), Kuala Besut (Perhentian), Marang (Kapas) or even Lumut (Pangkor)....the answer same- saja-lah park at your won risk  smile.gif
haha..i know...park at my own risk...but i dun wanna risk my new car..maybe i should go with the other car tongue.gif
still thinking is there any better options?
SUSbuntutman
post May 25 2009, 11:53 PM

Casual
324 posts

risk own car then buy insuran for wat ? u buy insuran still got no peace of mind then die lor like that.
TSdare_black
post May 26 2009, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

hmm...is there any airlines fly to Hat Yai beside Thai airline?..i check the price for Thai airline...is about 1k per pax if i'm not wrong..sweat...
how about going there by bus? how much is the bus ticket? and where can i get the ticket?
lousai
post May 26 2009, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ May 25 2009, 04:13 PM)
Ya-lah...Hailam Kopitiam again... smile.gif

@lousai..Nice shot there but if can zoom in better....Yeah one fine day..probably driving till Satun & park my car at Pak Barra  hmm.gif ....For buntutman..yeah he will paddle there...
i have them in my facebook. If you interested PM me i send the link.
TSdare_black
post May 26 2009, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(lousai @ May 26 2009, 11:36 AM)
i have them in my facebook. If you interested PM me i send the link.
hey lousai, you went there with package? how much is it? can give me the info of the travel agent? thanks

Added on May 26, 2009, 12:49 pmi guess at the moment seriously not a good time to travel to koh lipe...i try to look for cheap air flights...from airasia which we need to fly from KL - Bangkok - Hat Yai - Bangkok - KL. the total of the air tickets for 2 pax is rm626.02 which haven't include the mini bus fares ( from Hay Yai to Pak Barra ) and the speedboat fares ( from Pak Barra to whichever hotel/resort)...i guess it will cost around 1k in the total for the travel fees only?..hmm..
or do u guys know any travel agent which provide the package to Koh Lipe?

This post has been edited by dare_black: May 26 2009, 12:50 PM
abclee
post May 26 2009, 01:16 PM

1 posts

As far i know, koh lipe is closed from april to november due to the weather.
During these period, most of the hotel/resort are closed, u all can try to google it.

then the nearest and fastest way to go to koh lipe is thru langkawi, its take abt 45 minutes to 1 hour.
u all can try to locate the koh lipe thru google earth, then u will find how close it is wih langkawi.

then the ferry fare is abt RM110 per way.

can try www.kohlipethailand.com for more info.

SUSbuntutman
post May 26 2009, 05:31 PM

Casual
324 posts

110 for ferry sounds more reasonable than rm 300.
stimix
post May 26 2009, 05:45 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Hmnn Din know AA stopped servicing KL-Hatyai already, Anyway, instead of KL-BKK_Hatyai, why not Alor Setar & thereafter short bus to Satun & Pak barra?

As abclee mentioned & hopefully it's true, that the long tail; boat service from telaga harbour to Koh Lipe temporary stopped due to monsoon seson at this point of time..but why so early? If I'm not mistaken, the worst time travelling to langkawi/Krabi/Phuket is from Jul-SEpt only.....Well I had a bad experience taking ferry to phi-phi during his period..wave as high as coconut tree!!

QUOTE(dare_black @ May 26 2009, 11:52 AM)
i guess at the moment seriously not a good time to travel to koh lipe...i try to look for cheap air flights...from airasia which we need to fly from KL - Bangkok - Hat Yai - Bangkok - KL. the total of the air tickets for 2 pax is rm626.02 which haven't include the mini bus fares ( from Hay Yai to Pak Barra ) and the speedboat fares ( from Pak Barra to whichever hotel/resort)...i guess it will cost around 1k in the total for the travel fees only?..hmm..
or do u guys know any travel agent which provide the package to Koh Lipe?
SUSbuntutman
post May 26 2009, 05:49 PM

Casual
324 posts

fuah someone balik already ....... welcome back stimix !

i need to talk to u about bali and this koh lipe place. tomolo we meet and i bring your laptop bag also.
Putraskyline
post Jul 3 2009, 09:53 AM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(buntutman @ May 26 2009, 05:49 PM)
fuah someone balik already ....... welcome back stimix !

i need to talk to u about bali and this koh lipe place. tomolo we meet and i bring your laptop bag also.
Stimix balik from where ar?
stimix
post Jul 3 2009, 10:06 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Probably from my last triop to CH...hunting for reflesia flower. biggrin.gif

Still looking for option going to Koh Lipe...probably plan end of nxt year.. hmm.gif
QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Jul 3 2009, 09:53 AM)
Stimix balik from where ar?
Putraskyline
post Jul 3 2009, 10:17 AM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Jul 3 2009, 10:06 AM)
Probably from my last triop to CH...hunting for reflesia flower.  biggrin.gif

Still looking for option going to Koh Lipe...probably plan end of nxt year.. hmm.gif
Hmm...Why are you so interested in Koh Lipe ar? Is it because nearest to MY?
stimix
post Jul 3 2009, 10:40 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Well....due to the mystery surrounding this Andaman's island..Even mths back I dun even know about this island till I read few blogs about Mat salleh in Langkawi & their trip to Koh Lipe via Telaga Harbour....We M'sian dun even know about this island which is located so close to Langkwai rather than Thailand whereas it's so wellknown by Mat Salleh.. biggrin.gif ..Paradise...& probably lotsa of...XXX sunbathers there drool.gif

Here's abit of blog I read:

http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Thailand/So...blog-41806.html
http://www.travelblissful.com/koh-lipe-a-s...se-in-thailand/

http://legend-islands.blogspot.com/2007/08...lipe-satun.html

Google & found interesting discussion on transportation to Koh Lipe from Langkawi...atlast...

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/tripr...wi-and-koh-lipe

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Jul 3 2009, 10:17 AM)
Hmm...Why are you so interested in Koh Lipe ar? Is it because nearest to MY?
This post has been edited by stimix: Jul 3 2009, 10:49 AM
Putraskyline
post Jul 3 2009, 12:36 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Jul 3 2009, 10:40 AM)
Well....due to the mystery surrounding this Andaman's island..Even mths back I dun even know about this island till I read few blogs about Mat salleh in Langkawi & their trip to Koh Lipe via Telaga Harbour....We M'sian dun even know about this island which is located so close to Langkwai rather than Thailand whereas it's so wellknown by Mat Salleh.. biggrin.gif ..Paradise...& probably lotsa of...XXX sunbathers there  drool.gif

Here's abit of blog I read:

http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Thailand/So...blog-41806.html
http://www.travelblissful.com/koh-lipe-a-s...se-in-thailand/

http://legend-islands.blogspot.com/2007/08...lipe-satun.html

Google & found interesting discussion on transportation to Koh Lipe from Langkawi...atlast...

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/tripr...wi-and-koh-lipe
From the review you give me, don't you think the price for food will be at peak when normally only European there? This island are better than Koh Mook?
stimix
post Jul 3 2009, 12:40 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Yeah...for sure the pricing goners...just like Krabi & Phuket...but the location really so near to Langkawi..that's what interest me most is the crystal clear water...

Koh Mook..will google more soon..darn...you really know how to tempt ppl.located near Trang/Ko Lanta pretty far driving there..will be ~!3.5hrs from BKH or Padang Besar!
Putraskyline
post Jul 3 2009, 12:47 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Jul 3 2009, 12:40 PM)
Yeah...for sure the pricing goners...just like Krabi & Phuket...but the location really so near to Langkawi..that's what interest me most is the crystal clear water...

Koh Mook..will google more soon..darn...you really know how to tempt ppl.located near Trang/Ko Lanta pretty far driving there..will be ~!3.5hrs from BKH or Padang Besar!
Should fly direct to Krabi then take ferry there. Koh Mook will be my next destination but still in planning, now you have made my mind split either Mook or Lipe. Aiyoo ohmy.gif
stimix
post Jul 3 2009, 01:45 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Koh Lipe probably hv the best crystal clear water but those chalets style accomo look really basic..Resorst closer to Krabi or even at Ko Lanta more developed although water quality over there so-so only...so I think u know what u want already biggrin.gif

33 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0248sec    0.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:25 PM