Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kia Forte, When will this beauty launch in MAS?

views

travis_ckf
post May 11 2009, 08:54 AM

ambitious but rubbish......
6,413 posts

I bet Naza will bring the Forte for less than 80k. Still a C segment car underneath the price of the current B segment champions like vios and city it will be a good seller here.

travis_ckf
post May 12 2009, 11:45 AM

6,413 posts

Its the turning point for KIA, with their youthful and more sporty models such like the soul and the forte, all developed courtesy from the outstanding kia ceed.

I cant wait to look for one, but still have doubts as KIA dont have 3rd party parts to play modifications. wink.gif
travis_ckf
post May 13 2009, 02:32 PM

6,413 posts

I believe the 1.6 Forte will uses back the Beta 2 engine which powered the previous gen of cerato (not avail in mysia) while the 2.0 will use the GEMA engine.

The 2.0 has very great potential for modification, but the 1.6 engine is quite decent enough.
travis_ckf
post May 15 2009, 11:50 AM

6,413 posts

I believe it will be rebatch as naza logo rather than kia. That will decrease the car's value despite the forte is a much better car compare to the B segment models like vios or city.

Furthermore with Naza's poor reputation on aftersales on its models like sutra, I not putting much hopes on this Naza Forte, although I would like to see some improvement.

Still people should not discard such a good value for money sedan here.
travis_ckf
post May 15 2009, 07:46 PM

6,413 posts

Hyundai brand in mysia is seem going into oblivion. KahBinatng and Oriental Holdings has been consolidated with Sime Darby, meaning all Hyundai cars will be marketed and distributed by Sime Darby.

The fate for sedan models like accent, sonata and elantra is remain a question here. I saw a few Kah Bintang showrooms in PJ has been closed down since. wink.gif
travis_ckf
post Jul 2 2009, 04:11 PM

6,413 posts

I more interested for the CBU. 10K difference is quite acceptable for me.
travis_ckf
post Jul 24 2009, 10:07 AM

6,413 posts

That is poor brand management by Naza Kia. In that case i really have doubts getting the forte from Naza Kia. What a waste.
travis_ckf
post Aug 5 2009, 04:57 PM

6,413 posts

Are you serious that Naza Kia will be releasing the new forte soon? drool.gif
travis_ckf
post Aug 10 2009, 02:30 PM

6,413 posts

I have much interest with the new forte over the common favours like vios/city. But seeing Naza's infamous reputation of bad aftersales and horrid discounting which leads to very bad deprecciation, i really have doubts to own a forte here wink.gif
travis_ckf
post Nov 18 2009, 10:08 AM

6,413 posts

QUOTE(StarGhazzer @ Nov 18 2009, 06:43 AM)
Good to see more people getting interested in the Forte... and if the sales are good then maybe it will eventually increase the resale value of the car and rectify the bad reputation of the past.
Nice video, although some of the things mentioned are not really applicable for our Forte's specs:
1. We're stuck with a 4 speed auto... 5 speed's only for North American 2.4 SXs
2. Ecominder? Do we even get that?
3. The base model Forte still lacks many options which may persuade buyers to choose a higher spec model (i.e. pay more), but of course it's still cheaper than the other Japanese rivals.
4. They didn't compare it to the i30 (which is selling better in Australia), but it's understandable that Kia didn't want to whack their cousins. Elantra's too old and unrefined to be a rival.
5. Space-wise... The Civic's boot is well-known to be tiny, while the 3 is never famous for size. If we're talking about size then the Tiida/Latio/Versa kicks everybody's butt. It's a funny looking car where its looks smaller than other C-segments on the outside, but offers same cabin space if not more. But nah... it's an old car with old tech.

Still yet to test drive the Forte... although there's already a lot of people around me feeling sceptical about Kias and recommending Civics instead. I too like a 2.0 Civic Sport but for that price I'd get a Conti instead. And I don't think I can get a Koup because of the nagging lol...
Although the civic 2.0 is a much better car in comparison with the forte, but seeing the value we get for the forte 2.0 i rather recommend the forte as well, as long they dont plan to sell it 3-5 years later. The civic 2.0 frm honda mysia is a ripoff, moreover the 1.8 spec is under equiped. Even the city was well equiped then the civic 1.8 wink.gif

I cant wait to look at the forte in showrooms.

Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0910sec    2.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 10:13 AM