Would like to announce an upcoming event on the 6th and 7th of June 2009 called Shootfest which is an unconference.
What in the world is an unconference?
Basically its a conference that is participant driven.
A little bit info about Shootfest 2009
ShootFest 001 Unconference Overview
These are most likely the first 2 questions on your mind. An unconference is an informal gathering of likeminded people with a common interest. It’s a participant-driven conference, meaning everyone must participate in some way or another. We encourage everyone to present a topic or engage in a discussion during the 2-day sessions.
Each ShootFest is a media unconference primarily for photographers and videographers. This first one that is organised is themed The Wedding and is meant for professionals, freelancers and anyone interested in wedding photography and videography.
The benefits of ShootFests are knowledge-sharing, networking and raising the bar for the industry. If you feel you don’t want to share any of your kung-fu, then the unconference is probably not for you. We want to breed improvement for everyone, and need you to share your thoughts too.
When, Where, What???
Date: 6th & 7th June 2009 (Saturday & Sunday). We start at 10am. Register at 9am on Saturday.
Venue: Integricity office, Centrepoint Bandar Utama
Dress code: Casual. Do bring a jacket or scarf if you’re prone to get cold in air-conditioned spaces
Fees: RM50. And you’ll get a limited edition, never-printed-before T-shirt!
What should I bring?
* A water bottle. We are going green, and will not be providing paper or plastic cups.
* Name tag from a previous conference or talk. If you REALLY don’t have one, we’ll provide you with one.
* Notebook, if you have one.
* If speaking, bring the necessary VGA connector to hook up your notebook to the projector.
* Equipment (camera, camcorder - do take care of your own equipment, we will not be held liable for anything whatsoever)
* Namecards, bringing more is better than less.
* Yes, wifi will be provided free.
* We are opening the conference to 80 participants.
* Lunches and dinners will be at your own expense. Light refreshments will be provided.
* We want to save the environment, and as such notes from sessions will not be printed. Slides will be uploaded online.
* If you’re coming from overseas and need accommodation, let us know, we’ll try to place you with someone (yes, someone nice).
To reference anything about the ShootFest, we suggest we standardize and use ShootFest to tag content on Flickr, Slideshare, Facebook. For Twitter, do use the hashtag #ShootFest.
For more information, check out this site.
If any of this doesn't provide enough information or if you still don't get what it means, do drop me a PM and I will be more than happy to help explain
Remember this is open to anyone who is either interested in wedding photography/videography, already an active freelancer or professionals, its open to all who are interested and who want to learn, network and just have fun!
This post has been edited by Mavik: Apr 30 2009, 01:22 PM